(This part stolen from the G&T OP):
is a 3rd Person Shooter Battle Royal game published by Bluehole Inc. and made by Brendan Greene, a modder on Arma 2, who built his own game after the success (but never ending beta) of DayZ and H1Z1. In this game, players skydive on to a large island, filled with towns, ruins, and military bases, all filled with randomly spawned weapons. The players gather gear and start killing each other until they are the last man standing. The game makes sure that players are pushed together by placing a circle on the field in random locations and periodically decreasing in size. Those outside the Blue Wall suffer damage until dead or inside the wall. Each match takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and is really intense. It is currently available as an Early Access Game on Steam
. The game has three game modes currently; Solo, Duos, and 4 Man Teams. There are plans for a 1st Person Only version of all the modes. There are also plans for an Xbox One release to the game in September of this year and a PS4 release later.
Map showing loot spawns and fixed vehicle spawns:
(This part is wisdom from yours truly):
Most early access is junk. This is not
- Bluehole is doing a great job with weekly and monthly updates. The game has come a long way in playability since CB but is still being readily improved. May will have a client-side performance patch (read: textures and FPS), June will have a server-side performance patch (read: netcode).
- Get four PA'ers on Discord. Message me or other folks for Discord links, since I'm not sure about sticking them in an OP.
- Parachute onto a sparse part of the map and find some weapons, or parachute onto that busy part and beat someone to that shotgun.
- Drop next to your teammates and don't wander off, FFS.
- FRYING PAN IS LOVE FRYING PAN IS LIFE
- Be aware of the Blue. Leave yourself enough time to make it into the next area. The Blue does progressively more damage as the round progresses - i.e. the DOT is the same within the same wave, but ramps up with successive waves.
- You can tank the first wave or two with medical supplies. Note that Duo and Squad have faster waves, and a larger DOT.
- C to crouch, Z to prone, fast move with shift (louder), slow move with ctrl (quieter) - works with crouched and prove movement, too
- You run faster with your weapon put away - keybound to X.
- Prone. PRONE
. You will disappear into bushes, tall grass, wheat fields, etc. This is a stealth game masquerading as a combat game - even if you can kill that guy, ask if you want everyone to know where you are.
- "taking fire from 330, close by the two story green roof" - use the compass at the top of your screen. Heading + landmark. Do not go "by the tree!" when you're in a forest.
LIST OF STEAM NAMES TO BE ADDED MESSAGE ME OR POST IN THE THREAD AND I WILL ADD THEM
- Grunt's Ghosts
It's seriously a ton of fun and y'all should come play with us!