As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fenlore needs help - Lock this thread

ScopataScopata Registered User
a couple days ago fenlore asked for a 24 hour temp ban so he wouldn't get distracted studying for a test. He's been banned for 3 days now and he's getting kinda mad.

Scopata on
«13

Posts

  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    How did he do on the test?

    Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    Hey fenlore.

    Unknown User on
  • ScopataScopata Registered User
    edited September 2004
    He got a 98%, so he did good.

    And no RenegadeDrizzt, I'm not fenlore, though he is my friend.

    Scopata on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2004
    Seems to me it'd be funnier to leave him.

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Seems to me it'd be funnier to leave him.

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    Oh CT...even though you don't like me I respect you more then most of the forumers. I'm not trying to get unbanned, but you're a good guy.

    I know you're a good guy.

    Unknown User on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Oh CT...even though you don't like me I respect you more then most of the forumers. I'm not trying to get unbanned, but you're a good guy.

    I know you're a good guy.
    Uh huh. Mooch.

    Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Paladin wrote:
    Oh CT...even though you don't like me I respect you more then most of the forumers. I'm not trying to get unbanned, but you're a good guy.

    I know you're a good guy.
    Uh huh. Mooch.

    Paladin, cram it.

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Ha! I totally told him it's rather difficult to get unbanned after asking for a temp ban.

    Or did I tell him that after he was banned...? I don't remember.

    LineNoiz on
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Seems to me that if he doesn't have the dicipline to study without being banned. Perhaps he should stay banned so he wont have trouble with future assignments

    Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Orthanc wrote:
    Seems to me that if he doesn't have the dicipline to study without being banned. Perhaps he should stay banned so he wont have trouble with future assignments

    You know, Orthy does have a point.

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I think he has shown responsiblility in this by asking for a ban.

    He should be awarded back to the village and congratulated for his efforts.

    A continued ban for such a reason as that would be punishment for people working against their addiction.

    KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2004
    Sorry, you're going to have to explain to me how that's funny.

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • MillowMillow Registered User
    edited September 2004
    i think one of you pricks should just unban him.

    Millow on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2004
    Again, not really making me laugh.

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    KungFu wrote:
    I think he has shown responsiblility in this by asking for a ban.

    He should be awarded back to the village and congratulated for his efforts.

    A continued ban for such a reason as that would be punishment for people working against their addiction.

    Hello police?
    I'd like you to put me in jail so I can study for this test.
    No realy I can't turn off the TV you need to throw me in jail.


    It's not dicipline asking for a ban, nor will it help in the long run since there are plenty of other ways for him to procrasitnate.

    Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    There is such a thing in psychology as an internet addiction, but that's only recognized because there are extreme cases. Orthanc, this fenlore probably had enough willpower to actually recognize the conflict between studying and the forums but not enough to quit outright. Several people that do not ask for temp bans, remember, are the ones that refuse to recognize a growing addiction and sacrifice their grades and/or lives because of it. I think self-banning is a good practice for those of us who are not accustomed to cold-turkeying and need a little push - I think there was a maxim that said, to some effect, that a locked door is the best defense against temptation. I sincerely hope that you do not consider these people inferior and look down upon them, because I'm sure you have your share of weaknesses that cross the line of humorous exploitation. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I really believe that fenlore should be unbanned and this thread forgotten (If that hasn't happened already).

    On an unrelated note, I fail to see the humor in leaving fenlore banned, but that is probably because I'm not really thinking right now, and my wit is very dull.

    Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • CainCain Registered User, ClubPA
    edited September 2004
    Orthanc wrote:
    KungFu wrote:
    I think he has shown responsiblility in this by asking for a ban.

    He should be awarded back to the village and congratulated for his efforts.

    A continued ban for such a reason as that would be punishment for people working against their addiction.

    Hello police?
    I'd like you to put me in jail so I can study for this test.
    No realy I can't turn off the TV you need to throw me in jail.


    It's not dicipline asking for a ban, nor will it help in the long run since there are plenty of other ways for him to procrasitnate.
    Hey hey chief

    maybe

    yeah maybe we should keep him in that cell forever

    that'll teach him some self-control

    Cain on
  • LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User
    edited September 2004
    You know, I feel slightly responsible for this. The other day he said "Gee, I need to study for a test, but I can't control myself. I keep coming here. I need a way to resist the temptaion of coming here and wasting hours upon hours." Being in a similar predicament myself a few weeks back, I told him he could ask for a temp ban, as I did. He thought it a great idea and did just that.

    I just forgot to mention the whole "getting unbanned" part was rather difficult. Convieniently, I might add...

    LineNoiz on
  • CainCain Registered User, ClubPA
    edited September 2004
    Yeah I can see how it is rather difficult for a mod to click two, maybe three!, times and just unban somebody when they eagerly banned him in the first place.

    Cain on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Cain wrote:
    Yeah I can see how it is rather difficult for a mod to click two, maybe three!, times and just unban somebody when they eagerly banned him in the first place.

    Oh, it's not hard. This is just a lot more fun.

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    Wait, why do people want fenlore unbanned?

    Unknown User on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Wait, why do people want fenlore unbanned?

    They're homofags.

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    pheezer wrote:
    Wait, why do people want fenlore unbanned?

    They're homofags.
    Astute observation, sir.

    Unknown User on
  • CainCain Registered User, ClubPA
    edited September 2004
    Yeah let's leave him banned for no reason oh man we showed him

    Cain on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    If you're going to do this, then at least make someone acknowledge a detailed agreement the next time they ask for a ban.

    Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    Cain wrote:
    Yeah let's leave him banned for no reason oh man we showed him
    Do you even know what you're talking about?

    Unknown User on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Cain wrote:
    Yeah let's leave him banned for no reason oh man we showed him
    Do you even know what you're talking about?
    Before you acquaint us with this knowledge, keep in mind that your record isn't exactly platinum either.

    Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Paladin wrote:
    If you're going to do this, then at least make someone acknowledge a detailed agreement the next time they ask for a ban.

    Yes, a contract on the Internet will solve all of our ills.


    A MERE CONTRACT WILL NEVER STAND IN MY WAY, PITHY FOOL.

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    Paladin wrote:
    Cain wrote:
    Yeah let's leave him banned for no reason oh man we showed him
    Do you even know what you're talking about?
    Before you acquaint us with this knowledge, keep in mind that your record isn't exactly platinum either.
    No, no it's not.

    And I wasn't going to acqauint you (as you so grandiloquently put it) with a forumer members post history. It was a question.

    Unknown User on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Cain wrote:
    Yeah let's leave him banned for no reason oh man we showed him

    Yeah, that's the plan. You gotta problem?

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I wouldn't have a problem if the mods didn't advertise it a while back - when you could automatically ban yourself.

    Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    And for the record, I'm the fucking king of G&T.

    Good day sirs.

    Unknown User on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Paladin wrote:
    I wouldn't have a problem if the mods didn't advertise it a while back - when you could automatically ban yourself.

    pppht.

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • CainCain Registered User, ClubPA
    edited September 2004
    pheezer wrote:
    Cain wrote:
    Yeah let's leave him banned for no reason oh man we showed him

    Yeah, that's the plan. You gotta problem?
    I got to problem? :P

    and no, I don't know. I'm not even sure I know who this guy is.

    Cain on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    No matter who he is, you really shouldn't just leave the ban on. I mean, how exactly should he have gone about trying to get unbanned? People get less time for trolling.

    Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2004
    AGP 8x

    Ambiguously Gay Pirhana

    8 of them.

    Jasconius on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Paladin wrote:
    No matter who he is, you really shouldn't just leave the ban on. I mean, how exactly should he have gone about trying to get unbanned? People get less time for trolling.

    You say that now, but just wait. One day you'll be mad with power and then you'll understand.

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    pheezer wrote:
    Paladin wrote:
    No matter who he is, you really shouldn't just leave the ban on. I mean, how exactly should he have gone about trying to get unbanned? People get less time for trolling.

    You say that now, but just wait. One day you'll be mad with power and then you'll understand.
    Fine pheezer, you're the boss and you know what's best for us here comes the chopper 2+2=5 etc.

    Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • FenloreFenlore Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Johnny 5 is alive.

    Fenlore on
This discussion has been closed.