As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] D2 Beta: July 18 for PS4 Preorders; July 19 for XB1; Open Beta July 21-25!

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    That sort of split on the Xbox side would put half of NATBurn in separate clans.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    If you are doing it based on east west it should be east/prime...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    If you are doing it based on east west it should be east/prime...

:lol:

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Vagabond wrote: »
    That sort of split on the Xbox side would put half of NATBurn in separate clans.

Xbox aint gonna need to do that, though.

Ive always been able to cull the membership enough to get whoever wants in to our main clan.

Like the Xbox clan is going to be a completely separate entity from either of the PS clans once they do their migration thingy, I think.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

I bet I could secure a spot in the Arteam. =P

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I would prefer not to do a geographical split despite seeing the appeal

I started off playing D1 in the US and, after some big moves, now play/ed it in Europe
    But I very much still play it with US folks and would prefer to stay in the same clan as the people I play with frequently

The100, to me, is what organized the geographical split because it just does it by time relative to where you are.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Ive always been able to cull the membership enough to get whoever wants in to our main clan.

Like the Xbox clan is going to be a completely separate entity from either of the PS clans once they do their migration thingy, I think.

I'm just hesitant to back a plan for someone else that I wouldn't want applied to me. I'm not a Congressman.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »
    I know you all joke, but it's already been confirmed we're getting SKELETOR guiding OPTIMUS PRIME as our bad guys... so yeah, i'm already WAY the hell in.

If it's not Peter Cullen it's not Optimus Prime

and that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so (aka sound of a Hive door opening)

There's been many, and yes Papa Cullen is the granddaddy, but you can't just dismiss the other many versions.

250px-RIDPrime02.jpg

I'm sorry, I don't know who that guy is :P

Only other one I'll accept is Optimus Primal

And to stay topical, a big Vex that transforms into some Vex spaceship would be rad

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    ONE SHALL STAND, ONE SHALL FALL
    vault-glass-atheon-kill-best-thing-youll-see-today.jpg
    destiny-2-protheon-modular-mind.jpg

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I'm just hesitant to back a plan for someone else that I wouldn't want applied to me. I'm not a Congressman.

"I always disliked splitting by geography, its why I'm voting for this because I also am getting fat stacks of cash".

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »

Why did my eyes suddenly notice that massive cod piece the wannabe is wearing in the 2nd photo...

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »

Why did my eyes suddenly notice that massive cod piece the wannabe is wearing in the 2nd photo...

He saw how many times guardians would punch Atheon there when they were wiping.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Clan migration got delayed until tomorrow.

Back home from vacation as of this morning. Going to spend some time this evening at least reviewing all of our management tools - the spreadsheet, OP instructions, etc. - and will try to post some thoughts/ask for some opinions about what people would like to do going forward, ahead of tomorrow's "migration" (we still don't know what that entails, because Bungie has been really vague). I've received some DMs requesting migration from PA2 to PA1 if there's space - this is all stuff we're going to figure out together in the days ahead. We will have more than 100 PS4 Arcadians, so we will need some sort of split. Does the current system make sense (PA1, with PA2 for overflow)? Would people prefer a geographical split, i.e. PA East/West, or PA NA and PA EU?

If we keep PA1 and PA2 as-is, I think it makes sense to have some sort of system (Google survey, or asking people to edit the spreadsheet, or something like that) to ask returning Arcadians to reaffirm their membership status, so that we can boot people who don't plan to pick up D2 or who plan to main on PC or something.

Lot of thoughts swirling. Not really sure what we're doing until we see what Bungie's doing tomorrow. Excited either way (and did get to play some beta today!).

I know I am not PS, so my two cents is worth like half a cent, but if you are consistently at 2 clans worth of members it would make sense to do a geographical split so people can get together for activities easier.

I am, at the outset, pretty skeptical of trying to do a geographical (or political, or color-based) split. there's a big group of folks that I have know over the last year or so and it'd suck if we got split up now. And, if my guess is right, though we'll go over 100 guardians at launch, we'll likely drop back down again over time and it'd suck to have 2 groups of 50 instead of one of 100 at that point.

I understand there are benefits too (especially if my guess is wrong and we sit at 200 for a long time), but that's my gut feeling.

Edit: man, it's been over a year and a half, actually...

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    Something to consider is that Clans will be more than just a name on your nameplate. There will be rewards and stuff tied to them. Specific pieces of gear. It won't be as easy to transition between PA1 and PA2 or PAEast and PAWest or whatever.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I should have mentioned that really any PA1/PA2 distinction stuff I discuss is going to be PS4-specific, since (as Obi said) the Xbox side is in control and can maintain active membership at the 100 member cap and below.

I should also mention that although I really hate the Prime/Overflow setup and the way that it can sort of create second-class membership (if not actually, then at least in some members' minds, i.e. "I don't want to be in the overflow clan!"), I too have a great many friends on the West Coast and would probably vote against geographic splits. But I want to hear others' opinions.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Perhaps we should do the 're-up' survey first and then consider? If it turns out there are fewer than 100 immediately returning PS4 Guardians then I'd say the most reasonable choice would be to do it based on time of join - then as people in the first clan fall off into inactivity, the most active people will naturally be the ones joining the currrently-enrolling clan.

Really it's just stupid that clans are capped at 100 members. It's 2017. We have cars which drive themselves and Google has a computer which can recognize photos of cats and/or reproduce pictures using only images of cats warped in horrible, awful, ways which cannot be unseen. We should be able to have as many clan members as we want.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    /cosign.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Honestly at this point asking for reups in the thread will probably not hit over the 100 cap. I for one would much rather that ALL the folks who are still around be given priority, if only because they are the folks who are most likely to still be playing a year from now. The overflow situation is unfortunate but I don't see how there is much we can do to mitigate bungie's silliness.

Also geographic is silly. Think I've regularly played with folks from EU/East/West/Asia at different points.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Honestly at this point asking for reups in the thread will probably not hit over the 100 cap.

You really think so? I'd be thrilled if we could start with an active 100, but I feel like a thread title call to arms would bring in over 100 roster confirmations, some of which would be people just reserving a spot but skipping at launch or falling off quickly. But if we could get fewer than 100 solid confirmations, that'd be a really solid base of active membership. Guess I should organize it this week.

GMaster7 on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I think if you did it like now or the next week, maybe two at the outside, it won't really be on people's radar yet as something to think about.

I'd probably post something big and visible in the thread a few times for a week and then the next week change the thread title to make it obvious.

I could be wrong but that's just my feel on the ebb and flow of interest in games. Release week we'll have like a thousand folks who want to sign up.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I'm going camping this weekend so if you do it after Thursday, count me as in for D2 launch day. My digital deluxe edition is ready.

Edit: Also, regarding location I'm pretty sure I played a good 50% of my games with people in Europe. I don't know why those people were playing at the times they were but I was glad to be in their Fireteam.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I would do the reups in waves. Just post something in the thread first, since the people still posting/playing are going to be the core sticking with it. Then put it in the OP with a title change, so that anyone paying attention has a chance. I doubt there are more than 100 people still actively playing and posting.

The one problem I can forsee is that you'll likely get a large influx of new players (or long removed players) right around launch. The approach above is going to silo all of your veterans into one clan while putting all the newbies into another, which seems less than ideal. Not sure how you get around that, though, especially since most of the regulars are going to want to continue playing together. I wish Bungie would just tell us how they're going to handle the clan rewards.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    awsimo wrote: »
    The Rock won't actually have his voice recorded in the game but they'll pay him $30mil to record him stomping on different materials for boot sound effects.

Would actually be pretty rad if The Rock played a Titan who teaches you a new subclass and then sings a Destiny version of "You're Welcome."
    I see what's happening heah
    You're face to face with greatness and it's strange
    You don't even know how you feel - it's adorable!
    Well, it's nice to see that Guardians never change

Open your eyes, let's begin
    Yes it's really me, it's Kabr, reel it in
    I know it's a lot - the shield, the fist -
    Man, you know you want a piece of this -

What can I say except "You're welcome,"
    For this subclass I pulled from the flame
    Hey, it's okay, it's okay, you're welcome,
    Don't tell me the new Warlock one's the same

GMaster7 on
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    awsimo wrote: »
    The Rock won't actually have his voice recorded in the game but they'll pay him $30mil to record him stomping on different materials for boot sound effects.

Would actually be pretty rad if The Rock played a Titan who teaches you a new subclass and then sings a Destiny version of "You're Welcome."
    I see what's happening heah
    You're face to face with greatness and it's strange
    You don't even know how you feel - it's adorable!
    Well, it's nice to see that Guardians never change

Open your eyes, let's begin
    Yes it's really me, it's Kabr, reel it in
    I know it's a lot - the shield, the fist -
    Man, you know you want a piece of this -

What can I say except "You're welcome,"
    For this subclass I pulled from the flame
    Hey, it's okay, it's okay, you're welcome,
    Don't tell me the new Warlock one's the same

Relieving the stress of Clan membership anxiety through Destiny Disney Showtunes.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    I'm actually getting less anxious and more excited about the clan changes. I just want to know what the hell those new tools and changes look like.

We'll know soon enough. Work will probably be crazy for me tomorrow, but supposedly we're getting a bunch of literature/guidance from Bungie, so we'll see what's up soon enough.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I would do the reups in waves. Just post something in the thread first, since the people still posting/playing are going to be the core sticking with it. Then put it in the OP with a title change, so that anyone paying attention has a chance. I doubt there are more than 100 people still actively playing and posting.

The one problem I can forsee is that you'll likely get a large influx of new players (or long removed players) right around launch. The approach above is going to silo all of your veterans into one clan while putting all the newbies into another, which seems less than ideal. Not sure how you get around that, though, especially since most of the regulars are going to want to continue playing together. I wish Bungie would just tell us how they're going to handle the clan rewards.

I'm with Rndm and Quip on this, per the above quoted method... even with players lurking in-thread there's now way PS4'd hit 100 signups if you posted a signup in thread this week. Start with an in thread post for the core players and then migrate the re-up into the OP and title.

Posting re-ups in waves will give long term contributors the chance to get rolled into the same clan and avoid a massive influx of new players who may not stick around.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So beta has me full on hype mode. My complaints about it not feeling different enough are mainly squashed. Pvp alone is so different. The two maps were some of the best work bungie has done IMO.

I can't wait for the pvp/pve reinforcement cycle to fully grip me. But yeah, I'm almost as hyped as I was for D1.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    So I'm excited to hook up everything to my TV and see how it looks.

Or I would be, if instead of the 50 (after a scheduled upgrade, I'm currently at 25) Mbps I should be getting, this is what my speed test looks like.

maps9v91dqyn.png

So...who do I have to yell at?

• Options
    AT&T would be the one to talk to. Thats a loooot lower than what its supposed to be

But also be warned, the advertising and plans for internet speeds is often coached as 'Up to 50 Mbps!' which obviously not a guarantee of any particular speed between 0 and that 50. So I would look over your terms to see if there is a guaranteed minimum.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I see someone picked the "Red bar demigod" DL speed option at AT&T.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    So I'm excited to hook up everything to my TV and see how it looks.

Or I would be, if instead of the 50 (after a scheduled upgrade, I'm currently at 25) Mbps I should be getting, this is what my speed test looks like.

maps9v91dqyn.png

So...who do I have to yell at?

Probably the cabal. They did knock out all the satellites, after all.

• Options
    Actually last night I posted that somewhere else and received some substantial help from a former AT&T employee in the same chat. All taken care of, as far as I can tell.

• Options
    Also how the fuck is 0.84 mb/s worth a 2 star rating?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

What do you mean?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited July 2017

What do you mean?

0.84 Mbps is abysmal. Apparently it's still not bad enough to warrant a 2 star rating.

Aside: The solution to my issue was that technically I had 2 wireless networks, one at 5 GHz and another at 2.4 GHz, but their SSID was the same. Apparently since both have similar signal strength and speed, devices tend to get confused on which to pick. The guy I spoke to instructed me how to change these settings so that one network was renamed and my computer wouldn't try to keep swapping between them, unsure of which was best to choose, which really hurt my connection. He also told me to change the channel that I was using so I get less interference from the many other networks near me by putting my signal in a clearer band between the other networks.

I learned a lot and it worked great, I tested at 26 Mbps upload after that, and I anticipate getting 50 once I schedule that installation.

Tonight I'll post a picture of my new entertainment set up if I get a chance to hook everything up.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    .84 Mbps is still 15 times faster than 56k and 6.5 times faster than ISDN (128k)

So while its definitely abysmally slow by modern standards, there are still people with sloooowwwwwwwwweeeeerrrr connections. 2 million people in the US still subscribe to AOL dial up. So. Yeah.

Wassermelone on
  • Options

What do you mean?

0.84 Mbps is abysmal. Apparently it's still not bad enough to warrant a 2 star rating.

Aside: The solution to my issue was that technically I had 2 wireless networks, one at 5 GHz and another at 2.4 GHz, but their SSID was the same. Apparently since both have similar signal strength and speed, devices tend to get confused on which to pick. The guy I spoke to instructed me how to change these settings so that one network was renamed and my computer wouldn't try to keep swapping between them, unsure of which was best to choose, which really hurt my connection. He also told me to change the channel that I was using so I get less interference from the many other networks near me by putting my signal in a clearer band between the other networks.

I learned a lot and it worked great, I tested at 26 Mbps upload after that, and I anticipate getting 50 once I schedule that installation.

Tonight I'll post a picture of my new entertainment set up if I get a chance to hook everything up.

My setup is currently like that.

I've got some work to do tonight apparently.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    .84 Mbps is still 15 times faster than 56k and 6.5 times faster than ISDN (128k)

So while its definitely abysmally slow by modern standards, there are still people with sloooowwwwwwwwweeeeerrrr connections. 2 million people in the US still subscribe to AOL dial up. So. Yeah.

My norwegian friends consider my internet "slow" ... I have 100/25 mps.

Norwegian government paid to have fiber in their entire country and I think my friends have 200/200 or something insane like that?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I've always made sure that my console and PC were hardwired, leaving wireless for things like tablets and phones. I know it's not always feasible for some people. I remember I ran a 30ft ethernet cable so I could play Halo 3 wired.

@ObiFett , will we notice any changes on the Xbox clan side? Are we going to have to rejoin?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Next place I'm moving should have fiber rated at 300Mbps! Currently I only have 50 which is clearly not enough