As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Orbfest and FF6/12 ongoing. Tonight, Festival Banner #4.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    So I've still got Sephiroth to do, and the FF3 Torment. I'm certain I have all the tools I need for Despairoth, I just need to put in the time to figure out a party.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Aegis wrote: »
    Why are people going with Raw Power as the RM for that Jump Start and not Auto-Haste?

It was deterministic for me in that Ramza's bar would fill, Goddess would melee once, I would Banishing Strike and queue up everyone's abilities right after that, and all of them would go off (including Wall on the Thunder God'd person) before Demon's first action every single time.

It removed all of the start of the fight's "randomness".

Mostly a preferential thing. Raw power meant (if it triggered) it would be a guaranteed transition ease into the demon mode, whereas an auto-haste RM is usually a waste if one of your first actions is a hastega SB of some kind. In either case, the RM only serves one purpose for one action, and is wasted on the character for the remainder of the fight.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Why are people going with Raw Power as the RM for that Jump Start and not Auto-Haste?

It was deterministic for me in that Ramza's bar would fill, Goddess would melee once, I would Banishing Strike and queue up everyone's abilities right after that, and all of them would go off (including Wall on the Thunder God'd person) before Demon's first action every single time.

Mostly a preferential thing. Raw power meant (if it triggered) it would be a guaranteed transition ease into the demon mode, whereas an auto-haste RM is usually a waste if one of your first actions is a hastega SB of some kind.

Oh, Hastegas. Yea, that thing I don't believe exists :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Dark orb phase ends tonight and I don't feel like i farmed enough

At least we'll be able to farm Geosgaeno 300 at some point

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Somehow I have over 150 dark orbs so I haven't been sweating this one too much

Definitely need wind/power orbs for days though

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    This Sephiroth fight is so annoying. I only have a 25% chance to see if I even have enough burst for it to be possible. It looks like I could get 180k if Zidane would crit even one time what is wrong with you.
    Got 'im!

Zidane - Lifesiphon + Steal Power - SSB+OSB - Ace Striker - 488 ATK, long-range (thank you ancient junky Yuffie thrower), one wind boost.
    Onion Knight - Full Break + Shellga - BSB+OSB - Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Relm - Curada + Protectga - BSB - Mako Might
    Orlandeau - Lifesiphon + Powerchain - OSB - Heroic Stance (20% katana RM) - 576 attack (hey, Chirijiraden turned out to be good for something), one lightning boost.
    The Saddest Zell - Lifesiphon + Armor Break - BSB - Battleforged - Back row; basically full support (I tried kitting him for damage but phase 1 ended too fast).

Zidane Lifesiphons until 1.6 bars, then Storm Impulse, then Steal Power. Zell Walls, then Lifesiphons a bar, then Armor Breaks, then BSBs, then C2s to prep an instant Wall for final phase (gets in between dispel and attack). Vessel and Protectga timed to go off right after phase change (although Protectga wasn't up for the initial hit).

Won on the first run that hit the phase skip correctly. Two Thunder Gods (no crits) plus an OK OSB finished the job. Orlandeau, being in the front row, was the only one whose Last Stand popped. And then he subsequently survived a hit with no visible HP while charging his second Thunder God. (Although Zidane had an OSB charging at 30% with Last Stand active, so it should have been okay even if Orlandeau had died.)

Glad that's over. Now I just have all the Crisis CMs and three Jump Starts! (Oh dear.)

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

Mostly a preferential thing. Raw power meant (if it triggered) it would be a guaranteed transition ease into the demon mode, whereas an auto-haste RM is usually a waste if one of your first actions is a hastega SB of some kind. In either case, the RM only serves one purpose for one action, and is wasted on the character for the remainder of the fight.

A lot of auto haste RMs do other things as well. A somewhat limited scope, but definitely get stuff like plus attack or I think minor boost to defensive stats. Not a great return on an RM slot, but better than nothing.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I've gotten about the equivalent 24 Major Dark Orbs this phase, which is pretty nice. I have 170 overall, which is definitely not enough for all the upcoming stuff.

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »
    I've gotten about the equivalent 24 Major Dark Orbs this phase, which is pretty nice. I have 170 overall, which is definitely not enough for all the upcoming stuff.
    I haven't gotten crap. Admittedly, I used this phase to do some stamina-hungry things, but still, I feel like I got maybe a quarter of the mini cactuar packs per stamina than I need in phase 1.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I can't bring myself to let an XP RM proc without Breaking people, so this has been Fire phase for me. Currently at 198 MFO and 255 MDO banked up. That's still nowhere near enough. Bartz and Geosgaeno are going to be getting well acquainted in the coming months.

• Options
    Well now you guys have me self conscious with my 155.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I can't hear you guys over all of the Major White Orbs I keep getting from the Fest.

:/

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    White Orbs and Adamantite for days when I want Dark Orbs and Scarletite.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular

What's the upcoming stuff that requires orbs?
    I've been banking a bunch of the orbs, but I've also been doing Events and the occasional Realm Dungeon. I need to do something different every so often, as I can't farm the same stages over and over. That bores me to tears.

• Options
    Selner wrote: »

What's the upcoming stuff that requires orbs?
    I've been banking a bunch of the orbs, but I've also been doing Events and the occasional Realm Dungeon. I need to do something different every so often, as I can't farm the same stages over and over. That bores me to tears.

Ones that I care about:

Primary orb:
    Two water-based ninja and two dark-based ninja moves (just one of the pairs)
    Dire Weapon (2 hit darkness drain attack)

Secondary orb:
    Icicle Shot

I also want to get Chain Firaga to R4, and maybe hone a Witch ability.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i have like... 60 major darks at this point and thats after honing icicle shot to r3

i could shatter my r3 poison leaves since i honed it in a moment of weakness and i don't see it getting any use

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I have about 400 MDO equivalent. I don't know that I've ever spent one.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

Jesus Christ.

• Options
    I mean, all that stuff requires OTHER orbs too, so you might still end up getting caught up somewhere.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Sephiroth down!
    20j7adht3acz.png7shj32lwv81n.png

Did my best to emulate the video posted a while back that clears it in 24 sec with double powerchained OSBs. I only noticed after my clear that the Eiko Burst for Critfix 50% was instrumental, and their TGCid was equipped with Dragoon Determination RM.

My characters had the typical RM set up (Dr Mogs/Mako Might/Battleforged/Ace Striker/Gathering Storm) so I wasn't capitalizing on damage like I thought I would, and therefore TGC's OSB was only hitting for 35K and EnWind Cloud was hitting for 57k. This meant I had to go through each Dispel phase.

As you can see, I won with Setzer's Megaflare, but I also had Tyro casting BSBs to mitigate as much Meteor damage as possible with magic blink, and for the early ProShellga, plus future uses would come in handy later in the fight. But with those burst commands stacking on Setzer's, Sephiroth was hitting me with kid gloves in the final phase, and I was building SB pretty fast so Ysh's bubbles were mitigating a lot of the OctoDespairs and Flashing Blades.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    @38thDoe Grats on Invincible Blade! That should serve you well for a long time.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Jesus Christ.

Dark Orbs aren't used in anything I really want except the thief stuff, but I want too much stuff with lightning orbs so I haven't made any of it, heh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Think the 4 healer+radiant shield thing requires Yuna's USB still, for the haste/last stand if nothing else. I got further than I expected, but couldn't quite cut it with Eiko and Aerith's BSBs, Minwu's super, and Y'sh for wall (and other healing).

Pieces I've got for a push:
    Wall: Tyro and Y'sh
    Last Stand: Edge, which is also a hastega/blink
    Hastega: Krile, Cid VII, Quistis x2, Larsa, Serah, Papalymo, Ramza, Tyro
    Healer bursts: Aerith, Eiko, Y'sh
    Protectga/Shellga: Y'sh, Ramza, Tyro, Red XIII, Quistis
    5-break: Cid IV, Faris USB
    2-break: Tyro, Gordon, Mog, Fran, Delita
    OSB: Terra (no enFire), Cloud (no enWind), Rinoa (no enEarth), Ashe (no enLit), Jecht (enDark available via BSB), Tyro (ahahahahaha).

Only healer USB I've got is Tyro's which...eh.

Tyro and Y'sh basically have to come for wall and healing. I need a hastega, and Ramza's the best option of those (especially given its +ATK). I either HAVE to bring edge for last stand or have my RW be last stand.

Thinking maybe Yuna USB for RW, and going full on the "deal enough damage" route by bringing Jecht and Gabranth for my other two for enDark/imperil dark/dark OSB. I just hope I can build meter fast enough and stay alive with 1.5 healers.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Took down the D200 Torment CM and D250 torment today. Having native OK BSB is incredibly helpful for the D200 CM; for the D250 I got to bust out my Zidane with en-Wind SSB and OSB. Dash and Slash was doing 9999x2 and the en-winded OSBs 99999 each. Neither was terribly hard; we'll see about the Jump Start CM, though!

• Options
    I think you have a radiant shield team in there if that's the way you want to go. Well supposing you have native radiant shield and/or it isn't dispelled by his transition move. Aeris, Eiko, Y'shtola, Tyro make a pretty strong 4 set with a free slot for whomever. I highly recommend Minwu's surprisingly serviceable SSB but I am biased I suppose. Throw in Eiko USB for tricky situations, last stand, and backup haste and you should be able to outlast just about anything.

Jecht and Cloud OSBs praying for a crit to push through the phases quickly also sounds like something you could try I think, but I don't know that strategy well enough to make suggestions beyond that.

• Options
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    I think you have a radiant shield team in there if that's the way you want to go. Well supposing you have native radiant shield and/or it isn't dispelled by his transition move. Aeris, Eiko, Y'shtola, Tyro make a pretty strong 4 set with a free slot for whomever. I highly recommend Minwu's surprisingly serviceable SSB but I am biased I suppose. Throw in Eiko USB for tricky situations, last stand, and backup haste and you should be able to outlast just about anything.

Jecht and Cloud OSBs praying for a crit to push through the phases quickly also sounds like something you could try I think, but I don't know that strategy well enough to make suggestions beyond that.

I do have native Radiant Shield, and I can confirm that it is not dispelled.

The team you described was actually one that I was trying, though - the problem came the lack of a hastega made healing too slow through the late stages.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

The team you described was actually one that I was trying, though - the problem came the lack of a hastega made healing too slow through the late stages.

If anyone's curious, the AI is up for Despair Sephiroth.

As to how Dispel works:
    [0.010s cast time] Dispel of Despair (WHT: AoE - 100% chance of curing Haste/Protect/Shell/Reflect/Regen/Triple/[Stat Buff Statuses])

So besides those statuses, the rest are probably good, like Last Stand or Reraise.

Which makes me curious: does Indomitable Blade/Grand Cross absorb Dispel?

• Options
    God damn, Bahamut 300 is disgusting. I couldn't get it below 20%. What the hell am I supposed to do here? I was running...

Fang with BSB
    Zidane with SSB,BSB1,OSB
    Zell with BSB
    Onion Knight with BSB
    Arc with SSB2

It was nowhere near enough. Zidane had to use his BSB twice just to get us to the weak phase, and then there was barely any burst left. I could replace Zell with Cid (he basically cannot harm the boss in weak phase at all), but I don't know if losing crits is a net gain. I could give up on the CM and run Ramza and a BSB healer (who would have to carry both Protectga and Shellga), which would make the ATK boosting economy better, but I don't think there's enough SB for me to be able to use Chant.

I guess you have to slow-roll some amount of health without using any SBs at all? But Wall doesn't last long enough as-is, and I'm not even sure what hones I'd bring to cover that.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Tyro's USB has built in hastega as well as a few other things according to the PDF. He and Y'shtola having Wrath access should give you the SBs you need. 3 dispels means you just need one extra SB to push through the end which isn't impossible with Tyro running something like Magic Breakdown and Wrath.

• Options
    Ooh, I misread what you said, my mistake. I was thinking specifically with Alphinaud for radiant shield.

Yeah, might give that a try.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    God damn, Bahamut 300 is disgusting. I couldn't get it below 20%. What the hell am I supposed to do here? I was running...

Fang with BSB
    Zidane with SSB,BSB1,OSB
    Zell with BSB
    Onion Knight with BSB
    Arc with SSB2

It was nowhere near enough. Zidane had to use his BSB twice just to get us to the weak phase, and then there was barely any burst left. I could replace Zell with Cid (he basically cannot harm the boss in weak phase at all), but I don't know if losing crits is a net gain. I could give up on the CM and run Ramza and a BSB healer (who would have to carry both Protectga and Shellga), which would make the ATK boosting economy better, but I don't think there's enough SB for me to be able to use Chant.

I guess you have to slow-roll some amount of health without using any SBs at all? But Wall doesn't last long enough as-is, and I'm not even sure what hones I'd bring to cover that.

You are supposed to RW Alphinaud BSB to pound him with uncounterable damage and use every soul break you've saved up. You're also supposed to use Cloud USB we don't have yet :P

• Options

Fang with BSB
    Zidane with SSB,BSB1,OSB
    Zell with BSB
    Onion Knight with BSB
    Arc with SSB2

You are supposed to RW Alphinaud BSB to pound him with uncounterable damage and use every soul break you've saved up. You're also supposed to use Cloud USB we don't have yet :P
    Well, I don't have native wall, so I guess it's just impossible for me.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I RW'd Wall.

I ran with:

Luneth: Skyhigh, Dark Bargain, BSB, Swordshower
    Cloud: Tornado Strike, Full Charge, Enwind SSB, OSB
    Arc: Curaja, Protectga, SSB1
    Ramza: Full Break, Power Breakdown, Shout
    Vaan: Mug Bloodlust, Thief's Revenge, BSB.

And yes, I had Luneth and Cloud refeain from using any meter until they'd exhausted all hones of their non-wind attacks.

If you have an option for magic Blink or last stand or something, the inevitable result of losing Wall towards the end can be delayed long enough to win.

• Options
    I RW'd Wall, but it ran out partway through. If you have any source of Magic Blink, that's good to have if you find you're taking too much damage from megaflares

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    I RW'd Wall.

I ran with:

And yes, I had Luneth and Cloud refeain from using any meter until they'd exhausted all hones of their non-wind attacks.

If you have an option for magic Blink or last stand or something, the inevitable result of losing Wall towards the end can be delayed long enough to win.
    Huh, I didn't think of using Arc's meter on SSB1. I guess the Megaflares it eats are the only things worth using real Medicas for anyway, so there's a logic to it. Maybe I'll try again later.

The fact that I have zero synergy weapons--not even a 4+++--isn't helping my situation, though. Probably a good reason to go back to the Fang/Zidane/Zell core instead of the Fang/Zidane/Cid core I just tried; they can all self-buff at least a little bit.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    I RW'd Wall.

I ran with:

Huh, I didn't think of using Arc's meter on SSB1. I guess the Megaflares it eats are the only things worth using real Medicas for anyway, so there's a logic to it. Maybe I'll try again later.

The fact that I have zero synergy weapons--not even a 4+++--isn't helping my situation, though. Probably a good reason to go back to the Fang/Zidane/Zell core instead of the Fang/Zidane/Cid core I just tried; they can all self-buff at least a little bit.

Yeah Arc's SSB is pretty dang good on this fight, since it's really only his megaflare that does damage; you'd be surprised how much his physical hits can be mitigated by the major regen, also from his SSB.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I am trying to figure out how to rate Sarah's BSB. The entry is the hardest part for me so far. It is Cura entry which is hard for me to justify using considering my deep bench. Mblink on entry pulls it way back up though. Insta-curaga is a little meh, but hi-regen for all is amazing. I am so back and forth on every aspect of it that I just get all turned about. I think she is going to have to go on my A-team squad for a real run at something when she finally gets 99. Anyone use it and have anything to say on it?

Gnizmo on
  • Options
    I am trying to figure out how to rate Sarah's BSB. The entry is the hardest part for me so far. It is Cura entry which is hard for me to justify using considering my deep bench. Mblink on entry pulls it way back up though. Insta-curaga is a little meh, but hi-regen for all is amazing. I am so back and forth on every aspect of it that I just get all turned about. I think she is going to have to go on my A-team squad for a real run at something when she finally gets 99. Anyone use it and have anything to say on it?

Sarah BSB is not among the big 3 healer BSBs that people contend are the best (Y'shtola, Vanille, and Larsa), but I would put it at a solid 4th, ahead of the rest of the healer BSBs (by far, in some cases).

The Cura entry is weak, sure, but the effective healing of party MBlink is huge, depending on what you're dodging. Also consider that repeated entries will heal for 20% more, because of the 30% MND boost Sarah gets the first time she casts her BSB. That MND boost also makes her Medica command 2 heal more than Y'shtola and Larsa, and as much as Vanille, and also bumps her Command 1 to just shy of Curaja strength (like Y'shtola and Larsa), while also stapling High Regen for effectively more healing than Y'shtola and Larsa command 1s.

I actually really like Sarah BSB, since it's super well put together wherein all the pieces work super well together. It doesn't have the raw healing of Y'shtola, the emergency heal of Vanille, or Status dodging (plus Wrath) of Larsa, but it can definitely carry an A-team by itself, except maybe against pure physical fights.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    If you can muster any form of MND buff, that's a real good burst. Even without that, insta-curaga is still pretty good on a WHM with a high enough MND stat.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Got annoyed with A+ MP Fiend groups being pretty rough and decided to just go in solo... much easier fight that way, honestly.
    Locke (611 ATK, Wings Unfurled)
    Lifesiphon R5/Mug Bloodlust R1
    Miracle of Kohlingen

Orlandeau (583 ATK, Argent Hero)
    Lifesiphon R4/Banishing Strike R5
    Thunder God

Ramza (492 ATK, Dr. Mog's Teachings)
    Full Break R4/Magic Breakdown R5
    Shout

Mog (461 MND, Mako Might)
    Shellga R3/Curaja R5
    Love Serenade

Y'shtola (510 MND, Ace Striker)
    Protectga R3/Curaja R5
    Stoneskin II

RW Relm USB

Lots of OSBs here to get through the weak/very weak phases. No problems.

This discussion has been closed.