As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Orbfest and FF6/12 ongoing. Tonight, Festival Banner #4.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I'll pull on the Celerity lucky but give the support one a miss

Need something for Zidane/Locke/Tidus

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Enlong wrote: »
    Japan is gettin' a Heavensward-themed FFXIV event to commemorate the end of Heavensward and the start of Stormblood. Adding 3 new characters: Ysale, Estinien, and Haurchefant.

I'm guessing Summon/Black/Witch (with an Enice BSB), Combat/Dragoon/Dark, and Combat/Knight/Support, respectively.

!!!!

MY DEAREST BRO!

Also, yeah, I think I'll be skipping the Support banner. I tend to have very swingy luck on Lucky Draws, and I don't think my heart could handle another Wakka/11.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    apparently we get the 10 mythril + hailstorm on sale in the fat chocobo greens shop today

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    apparently we get the 10 mythril + hailstorm on sale in the fat chocobo greens shop today

They're there right now, just picked them up.

Took me 3 tries to get the Baigan CM down. First time I forgot blind/silence resist and the second time the blind/silence resist didn't quite work.
    Beyond that the fight seemed quite easy. Going to try the A+ later today.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Y-Ysaaayle? T_T
    Haur-chefaaaant? T_T
    Fuck Estinien. I mean, he was alright for Heavensward, but kind of an ass.

Ysayle and Haurchefant. Way to pull on my heartstrings.

EDIT: The event better come with Heavensward dress records for Y'shtola and Thancred.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    buying hailstorm and shattering it gives 5 major power, 3 major ice and 3 major non-elemental orbs

not bad for 10k greens

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    buying hailstorm and shattering it gives 5 major power, 3 major ice and 3 major non-elemental orbs

not bad for 10k greens

Since I already made it, I guess I'll take some of the orbs back. :p

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Do we ever get a vault for abilities?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I still think two Hailstorms might be usable, but I guess it depends how much you like samurai, and how much you're hurting for power/ice/non orbs

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    So something kind of interesting you can do that I found out by accident. From the main screen, if you wait for the popup thingy that sticks out of the events icon to show you the double greens icon, and then tap that icon, you can see a list of all of the daily dungeons (you still can't enter ones that are not active for the day). The reason I found this interesting? It actually lists the difficulty of the dailies, which I don't think you can see any other way aside from datamining. 23, 80, 110 and 120 if you were wondering.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Fuuuuck, I knew I shouldn't have caved and pulled on the Combat banner. Celerity is a million times more appealing to me. I got junk anyway (dupe Tin Armor and Sephiroth OSB which I don't much care for).

Support is a pass, at least. There's like two or three things on it better than the Faris BSB I already have.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    I mean, at least Lann and Reynn aren't on either banner? Soooo... worst case scenario outside of TyroOSB/11, is Full Break SSB/11?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Gun Arm|Hair Clip|Blitzball/11

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    TyrOSB/11 would probably still be better than Last Judgment Grimoire/11 or Magic Comb/11. Sazh's Sirius Sidearms is another pretty serious dud. All of the Full Breakdown SSBs are pretty bad as well, and I'm not a fan of the Full Breakdown BSBs myself though I know some people do like them. My biggest complaint with the Support banner is that it is 57.5% SSB relics and only 10% 6* relics.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6ct7g5/250_mythril_of_unlucky_banners_a_prefest_lucky/

Big analysis post of all the lucky draws we expect to see in the next month. Probably worth a look if you're fretting about having enough mythril for everything.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Could end up with Sazh's Godsend.

At least it's useful in a non-Mage team, or if you've decided on using only dual biffs, like ATK/MAG or MAG/MND?

• Options
    Barret is practically husbando already. I think I got all of his SBs from lucky draws.

RedXIII, I only have his Trine SB which is one of the worst old unique non-SSB multi-hit breaks of it's time. I'd actually welcome his BSB or the ATK/DEF/RES SSB. He'll never make the A-Team, but his support SBs are generally better than Barret's, so for CM stuff, it'd be better to have him take up that slot.

Wakka suffers from first character launch problems. His HP, ATK, everything is so freaking low, and he's gotten a couple of stat boots in updates since the game launched, but he's still like, the WORST support in the game. Yeah, Blitzball/11 would be a tragedy. There only one person I know who would be okay with getting more relics for him, and that's only because he is truly a Wakka fanboy/husbando chaser.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I mean, at least Lann and Reynn aren't on either banner? Soooo... worst case scenario outside of TyroOSB/11, is Full Break SSB/11?

Barrett Atk/Def breakdown SSB gunarm?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Brody wrote: »

Yo, it's still a stacking breakdown on a Support 5 character.

Also, it's not a gun-arm. Ungarmax comes from a bracer. His SSB that comes from a Gun-arm would be Hyper Grenade Bomb, which also hits 10 times randomly, but is a fire/non Hyper Break.

Enlong on
  • Options

At least it's a stacking debuff. Full Break SSB on a Support character is like "why?"

Wonder what the "event" they teased about taking place tomorrow will be. This close to the day, I'm surprised there isn't some datamined info out there already. I doubt it's related to half-stamina Nightmares, and all these lucky draws, or the double Greens.

• Options

At least it's a stacking debuff. Full Break SSB on a Support character is like "why?"

Wonder what the "event" they teased about taking place tomorrow will be. This close to the day, I'm surprised there isn't some datamined info out there already. I doubt it's related to half-stamina Nightmares, and all these lucky draws, or the double Greens.

Announcement of the next fest? WHM and BLM banners? Facebook page telling us who Squall is?

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6ct7g5/250_mythril_of_unlucky_banners_a_prefest_lucky/

Big analysis post of all the lucky draws we expect to see in the next month. Probably worth a look if you're fretting about having enough mythril for everything.

Man. Looking at that list, I may very well end up skipping the Curaga lucky draw in the fest. I knew I had a lot of good medicas, but I hadn't realized how high a percentage it was, not to mention that it covers nearly all the top prizes. Bleh.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Yo, it's still a stacking breakdown on a Support 5 character.

Also, it's not a gun-arm. Ungarmax comes from a bracer. His SSB that comes from a Gun-arm would be Hyper Grenade Bomb, which also hits 10 times randomly, but is a fire/non Hyper Break.

Yeah, I just seem to have managed to collect all of his SSB's, and I hate his animations so much more than I had thought possible.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Whm draws are a mixed bag for me, I'd like one of the nice ultras, but I have like 6 whm bursts that cover the range from utility to healing. also only common realm I don't have a native medica is 8 (somehow, pulled on banners with crescent wish a thousand times) so it's hard to even justify whm pulls from that perspective.

Blm is a hard pass, there is way too much crap in there imo.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Ones I'm definitely skipping: Support (too much chance for a dupe or disappointment for me to chase a good multibreak bsb), White Mage and Curaga (I've got 3 of the best BSBs already, so the only thing I truly care about is one of Yuna's 2 good medicas), and Black Mage (there's some good stuff there, but I finally have some solid mage BSBs + Cid Raines, so I don't feel like rolling the dice and getting a shit SSB).

So that'll save me 100 mythril.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Man. Looking at that list, I may very well end up skipping the Curaga lucky draw in the fest. I knew I had a lot of good medicas, but I hadn't realized how high a percentage it was, not to mention that it covers nearly all the top prizes. Bleh.

I'll probably skip the white mage and Curaga banners, but that's because I already have BSBs for Y'shtola, Eiko, Relm, Selphie, Penelo, and Sarah. I also just got Yuna's USB.

I'm pretty well set on healing.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    8/40 on the support draw. Already have most of Ramza's stuff, plus Setzer BSB. Not sure what I'd even really want to get off this. I guess Fran, Larsa, or Minfilia bursts. Most of that banner is disappointment, think I might actually skip a lucky draw for once.

10/53 for Celerity. Lots of possible big wins here: most of Tidus' stuff, most of Locke's stuff, Thunder God, various bursts. Probably going to do this one.

Fry on
  • Options
    10/40 on Support, but there's very little I want there that I don't have, or that's an improvement (eg I have Setzer's BSB, so his two SSBs are useless to me).

12/53 on Celerity, but there's a ton of prizes for me. I do have some of the top general ones: Vaan/Lion's BSBs, and TGCid's OSB, but almost any of the other BSBs would be great, especially the wind imperil ones since my only source of that at the moment is Faris's SB.

White Mage/Curaga is a really tough sell. I have solid curaga+ or BSB medicas for everything but 1/2/4/5/8. The first two are super low priority, and I have at least soft plans to pull on all three of the other realms in the future.

Black Mage... eh. I do need stuff, even just stat sticks, but there's simply soooooooooo much garbage on that, and even a bunch of the BSBs are total crap.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I'll probably pull on Celerity, Black Mage (because gambling HO!), DU, Imperil, and BSB+. Luckily I don't super care about UltraCloud, so screw saving for that.

• Options
    I probably(lol) have enough mythril to pull on all the luckies, but I'm not getting screwed on Black Mage Support. I'm probably okay for white mage and Curaga, I have Eiko and Catgirl Bursts. I only have one imperil, so I need to pull there and BSB+ is an always pull?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    I'm 14/53 on the Celerity banner. I'll have to consider if I want to make a pull as the only prizes for me on that banner would be Lion's BSB, and anything TGCid and I'm willing to sit it out to allocate resources towards more targeted pulls. My goal at the moment is to get an 'army of one' physical BSB and Squall's BSB2 is the biggest candidate in the immediate future aside from Cloud's USB but I'm more inclined to RW that.

Support is right out for me. I have Tyro/Setzer/Sazh/Minfillia/Vaan BSBs so I am not starved of choices

WHM may be worth a pull to try to improve my BSB load, but the BSB+ banner would be a better option

BLM is... I want to pull but it's so full of rubbish. I'd want to get something for Rydia, Shantotto BSB would be interesting to have, grand prize of Raines/Maria BSB and I wouldn't mind Reynn's BSB just because. Oh. And Ashe's BSB. As usual

DU update is always worth a pull IMHO

Imperil is going to be a pass. I have imperils for my strongest assortment already

Curaga Medica is a possible based on how much mythril I'll have but leaning to pass

BSB+ banner is a pull. No questions asked.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    I'll fully admit that I am chasing Fujin/Vaan BSB into places better left untouched.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yea I want fujin's bsb bad :( I went pretty hard on that banner last time around and got none of the bursts, it was shitty.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Despite 25% coverage on the celerity banner I'm pulling anyway. 20% on support, and my alt is at 13% or less on both. RIP Mythril.

• Options
    Glad my myth is low. I would've pulled immediately on Summon and Combat, but now I'm convincing myself to pull on Celerity and then just wait.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Baigan CM down, YOLO Edea BSB.

In fairness, I have Edward's Haste March and Medicas for Rosa and Porom.

So haste turn 1, medica turns 3 and 5 to patch everyone up, and boss and arms dead turn 6.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I'm going to found the wah u++ is hard/I suck club.

I am just getting buried by smells like a monster.

Oh well, at least I can clear up to U.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I'm going to found the wah u++ is hard/I suck club.

I am just getting buried by smells like a monster.

Oh well, at least I can clear up to U.

Don't you keep saying you have close to a thousand mythril?

Perhaps these things are related.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I'm not trying to CM here, just get my A team through. I am sure the problem here is me, not failure to have every relic in the world.
    Also I have sooo many FF IV relics.

I'm going to try mage team with RW hope see if it goes any better.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    So as a RK newbie, all this talk of banners is kind of overwhelming. Part of me is like "pull on them all! hahahhah!", but that would require buying gems, as I don't think I can build up mythril that quickly. In less the devs are in habit of handing out large amounts in a short time.

I've done the Summon Banner, and the Combat one is up now. But from the talk here, there's a Celerity, Support, Black Mage, White Mage.. and whatever else coming up in the near future.
    I don't have a lot of anything, so anything is helpful right now.

I guess I'll just keep plodding along, picking up mithril along the way. When I get to 25 I'll see what's available.

This discussion has been closed.