As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Cape Town

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Cape Town

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• MatthewTheLuckyMatthewTheLucky Registered User regular
    But what about the Sword Pauldrons?

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I think Warframe may beat them to it. Or have already.

EDIT: Corrected by a friend, who points out that WF would call them "Ballistica Syandana".

Commander Zoom on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    No capes! - Edna, The Incredibles

• v2miccav2micca Registered User regular
    I remember watching the live stream for the Destiny 2 reveal and thinking, where did they find this trained monkey of an audience. Seriously, for every banal and frankly baseline feature they would announce the crowd would cheer on queue. Destiny 2 will support wireless controllers. Crowd Cheers. Destiny 2 will leverage all four face buttons and both analog sticks. Crowd cheers. Destiny 2 will allow you to upgrade you character's gear with ever improving loot. Crowd looses its goddamned mind.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    v2micca wrote: »
    I remember watching the live stream for the Destiny 2 reveal and thinking, where did they find this trained monkey of an audience. Seriously, for every banal and frankly baseline feature they would announce the crowd would cheer on queue. Destiny 2 will support wireless controllers. Crowd Cheers. Destiny 2 will leverage all four face buttons and both analog sticks. Crowd cheers. Destiny 2 will allow you to upgrade you character's gear with ever improving loot. Crowd looses its goddamned mind.

I remember a conference somewhat recently where people heard cheering but looked around and saw that no one was cheering, as if it was a recording coming from the audience on queue. I think it might have been the first Xbox One reveal, where people were 'cheering' always online download only games, but I don't remember.

In any case, I would not be surprised if Activision did the same thing. Apart from only inviting the diest of hardest fans for the original game.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    It's like a laugh track, only it's a cheer track.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    It's like a laugh track, only it's a cheer track.
    In all honesty if that was literally the presentation I would be cheering, a lot. I think honestly if someone used motherfuckers like that, and maybe even dropped the mic at the end. Standing O every time, especially from the PA crowd.

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Next: Grenades tied to your pubic hair

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    poipoigirl wrote: »
    Next: Grenades tied to your pubic hair

ppfff your pubes are grenades

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I did really like jumping around watching my cape flutter in Destiny 1.

Alright, you've sold me.

steam_sig.png
  • bbullockbbullock Registered User regular
    Question: will the guns that make up the cape, also have their own individual capes?

• ironheadironhead Registered User regular
    bbullock wrote: »
    Question: will the guns that make up the cape, also have their own individual capes?

Yes. But only one of them. The Gun Cape of Gun Capening is an exotic end game item.

• ironLotusironLotus Registered User new member
    Even the ghost has a cape! Also, it seems to be surrounded by some kind of fluid.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I want a ghost cape now!

Thanks PA now the game can never have what I most desire.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    not buying until i can get a gun that shoots capes made of guns.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    871587546_8WNjR-2100x20000.jpg

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    ironLotus wrote: »
    Even the ghost has a cape! Also, it seems to be surrounded by some kind of fluid.

It was suggested by crimsonharvest on the drawing stream. :D

dennis on
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    ironLotus wrote: »

It was suggested by crimsonharvest on the drawing stream. :D

I came in here specifically to find out if anyone noticed and you provided exactly what I hoped for :biggrin:

B6yM5w2.gif
  • DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    I find the facial expression in panel 3 is dead on for a reveal.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    This is absolutely adorable. And points to tiamatz for the incredibles reference.