Options

What's [good], Entropy?

1789101113»

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Today on my morning coffee walk, I saw a bright white squirrel from far away, across the road. I couldn't tell if he was albino or just leucistic, but I decided to try my luck at walking over there and finding him again.

Success! Pure white fluff buddy, with black eyes. First sighting of a wild leucistic animal (there are melanistic squirrels on the other side of this town that are pure black! Also my first sighting of those, when I moved here :) )

Here's a cropped blurry shot from my phone for Real Proof

1jwbxfrs7h2l.jpg

NightDragon on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    do you think white and black squirrels make gray squirrels?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Go to hell.

EDIT: It occurs to me that this comes across harsher than intended. This :wink: should have been included originally.

chromdom on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Go to hell.

Is that where the grey squirrels go?

That's sad.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Ah, so squirrels is what the Michael Jackson song is about. It all makes sense, now.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    do you think white and black squirrels make gray squirrels?
    Well sorta. The offspring that are closer to grey and live where that's advantageous will prosper.

Also squirrels are actual racists and kill fur colors that aren't their own.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    geth kick King Riptor from the thread

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm having a great day thus far, because 13 is my lucky number and Friday just adds to its power. Thus far I have found out my landlord did not have issues cashing my check (because that wasn't my check in his hands), a game I play made an error and gave an incredible compensation to everyone, and a job opening I'm eligible for has me in high spirits as I fill out the application. After work I'll go buy some new shoes (Size 14 is hard to find, but Friday the 13th will see me through), get an In-N-Out burger for dinner, and spend the evening gaming my heart out.

Hooray for Friday the 13th!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Homestar Runner is good
    I just won a Trogdor high-score competition after a tie game in sudden death and won a $20 steam gift card lmaoooooooooo

It was livestreamed and commentated as part of a streamer multi-game tournament, I got picked to play Trogdor as a mystery game, and destroyed the other guy in practice, yet somehow we tied in the real game and had to do a 1-life sudden death, my heart was pounding. I'm real glad my favorite thing in high school was H*R lol

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I have just now realized that it's been a year since I smoked a cigarette. Woo!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I have just now realized that it's been a year since I smoked a cigarette. Woo!

In 2 weeks and a day it will be 16 months for me! Hi 5's for everyone.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    it has been seven years and four days! 99.9% of the time I don't even think about it and it seems crazy I ever smoked at all

that 0.1% blows and is annoying but it's better than cancer!

• Options
    cabsy wrote: »
    it has been seven years and four days! 99.9% of the time I don't even think about it and it seems crazy I ever smoked at all

that 0.1% blows and is annoying but it's better than cancer!

Yeah, it's weird. For months at a time if I think about smoking at all I think "What a weird thing to want to do." Then I'm watching a room full of sinister government spooks smoking on Stranger Things and for a minute I want a cigarette more than anything.

It really helps to know that cravings rarely last more than ninety seconds, chemically speaking, because then I can harness my laziness to ride it out.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I think it's been five years for me, might be more! I quit around the time I got off probation, and I stopped keeping track of it simply because it felt like a strange thing to keep track of.

Still get the itch sometimes. Especially here in DC. I see people smoking all the time and go "Gosh, I was a pretty fucking good smoker, I bet I could smoke better than them."

Then I walk through a cloud of it, and the taste is in my mouth, and I sneer over my shoulder because fuck smokers. Don't make me taste your nasty habit.

Basically I'm just so proud of all of us reformed smokers not making others suffer so we can satiate our own weakness.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I am mostly over it, aside from knowing in the back of my head there's still an addiction in a filing cabinet somewhere.

Gin & Tonics give me the urge a little. It's a very particular thing but man

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I only know how long it's been because I quit on the first of the month in 2010, which is also the year of my first PAX and the year my grandpa died, both in the same month; so it's a memorable year both for being a 0 year and for so much happening in a pretty short period. mostly I avoid trying to think about it because thinking about it too much is one of those things that can mess me up, but damn it I'm allowed to back pat myself sometimes

it's really only hard for me when I hang out around smokers in a smoking-friendly place, like my friend's grandparents have a smoking area and everyone hangs out and socializes there. that part can be shitty. definitely the cultural shift away from smoking being widespread, accepted, and ever present in public spaces has been a huge help. I mostly no longer have to deal with being the only person left inside while everyone goes outside to smoke, or having to go outside with the smokers if I want to socialize with new coworkers or something.

• Options
    Cold weather has finally come to Oklahoma without an 85 degree day in the 5-day forcast. I've got my thermostat turned down to 65 and my heavy blankets out, and everything is gloriously cozy. My house plants are pissed and I don't caaaaare.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    Charmy wrote: »
    I've been making good progress on my thesis lately, and for the first time in a long time I'm happy with the quality of my work and feel like I might actually be able to graduate.

So, that's pretty good.

Update: I passed my thesis defense.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    2020 needs this thread.

I just did that thing where you stretch with your ankles crossed, and it popped my knee in like three different directions. I feel like I just had a massage.

GDdCWMm.jpg