As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Fidget Spinning [gifv] Thread [NSFMobile]

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    that shit is awesome

Y'all should come to DragonCon. It's like spending a weekend in another dimension. There's tons of elaborate stuff like this.

I hate large cramped crowds!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I wonder how he controls it. Finger movements?

you can see him manipulating his right hand, pressing down on finger tips as it transforms. Small buttons embedded in there is my bet.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    that shit is awesome

Y'all should come to DragonCon. It's like spending a weekend in another dimension. There's tons of elaborate stuff like this.

I hate large cramped crowds!

There are multiple balconies! Plus people aren't too bad about making space.

If that's not good enough then just enjoy videos people take of it. It's my favorite time of the year.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    He'd also get some looks when he'd tell us that Herbie got lucky over the weekend

Back in high school some friends and I devised a plan involving my leg that ends at my ankle, a video camera, a website, and some girls. Luckily that never came to fruition.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    I guess that explains the username. It's a pretty fitting avatar, too.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    #pipe wrote: »
    jesus christ, dude

Yeah, me and my friends were edgy high schoolers.
    A lot of it was me finally getting over having my leg, since it was one of the things that made my elementary and middle school life hell, so I kind of took it to an extreme. It was more of a joke than anything, but we talked about it a lot.
    Of course at the time I wasn't exactly ready to realize/mention that I'm not super into girls lol

Crippl3 on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    My God.

Someone bought an Alienware.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Their laptops are really solid for gaming laptops.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    we had a vendor for a VOIP service come demo their product for us and his work laptop was an alienware

I... think they were trying to impress us? "look at all the cool shit we buy for our employees, we must be so successful" that kind of thing.

Made me think they were probably idiots.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I wonder how he controls it. Finger movements?

It's reversed

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan

"I'm mad at you, but I feel bad about it."

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

Fast dogs!

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

I love this movie so much.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit.

Life at the Bethesda offices:

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Boise State has a dog who retrieves the tee after Kickoffs

klemming wrote: »
    Fast dogs!

logic.gif

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Fast dogs!

gog danm

need an olympic sprinter to walk those dogs

BahamutZERO.gif
    Pretty much any dog on the planet would beat Usain Bolt in a footrace if they gave enough of a shit to do it.

Any reasonably healthy dog, that is. Maybe even dachshunds could do it but maaan I dunno.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Pretty much any dog on the planet would beat Usain Bolt in a footrace if they gave enough of a shit to do it.

Any reasonably healthy dog, that is. Maybe even dachshunds could do it but maaan I dunno.

depends on the length of the race

100 meters?

yeah probably

1000 meters?

not so much, no

humans are the best long-distance runners

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    they ar every good longbois

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit.

this is great

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • KanaKana Registered User regular

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Kana wrote: »
    Nightmare fuel building gif

I am both too drunk and not drunk enough for this shit...

Ketar on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

100 meters?

yeah probably

1000 meters?

not so much, no

What kind of dog are we talking about here? A Beagle's gonna be pooped by about 2-300 metres, yeah. A Greyhound would probably slaughter Usain Bolt in a 1000 meter race though. Even a lot of longer distances you've got trained dogs that can run hard for a long time (like the Iditarod). An ultramarathon though?
    Human winner every time.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

I don't wanna know how expensive it was to build that. Nor do I wanna know how expensive it will be to fix it when it fucks up.

100 meters?

yeah probably

1000 meters?

not so much, no

What kind of dog are we talking about here? A Beagle's gonna be pooped by about 2-300 metres, yeah. A Greyhound would probably slaughter Usain Bolt in a 1000 meter race though. Even a lot of longer distances you've got trained dogs that can run hard for a long time (like the Iditarod). An ultramarathon though?
    Human winner every time.

I mean humans only win those because we train for them. If you could get a dog disciplined enough to run one and that knew to pace itself rather than sprint, I'd wager it'd win. Of course, humans have the insane willpower to push themselves to do some ridiculous shit for no reason.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

"Hi, have you heard about our lord and Savior, Aquaman?!"

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

100 meters?

yeah probably

1000 meters?

not so much, no

Human winner every time.

I mean humans only win those because we train for them. If you could get a dog disciplined enough to run one and that knew to pace itself rather than sprint, I'd wager it'd win. Of course, humans have the insane willpower to push themselves to do some ridiculous shit for no reason.

Nah, evolution plays a part as well. Humans can outlast any other animal running because our distant ancestors literally did so to hunt for food. As in, they would actually chase the animal, terminator-style until it collapsed from exhaustion.

Some breeds of dogs can do pretty damn well though, as they were bred to keep up with human hunters (though by the time we were domesticating dogs we didn't necessarily need to chase our game to death)

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular

• WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

100 meters?

yeah probably

1000 meters?

not so much, no

Human winner every time.

Nah, evolution plays a part as well. Humans can outlast any other animal running because our distant ancestors literally did so to hunt for food. As in, they would actually chase the animal, terminator-style until it collapsed from exhaustion.

Some breeds of dogs can do pretty damn well though, as they were bred to keep up with human hunters (though by the time we were domesticating dogs we didn't necessarily need to chase our game to death)

One of our biggest advantages is that we're significantly better at shedding waste heat while running than most other animals.

This discussion has been closed.