As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fidget Spinning [gifv] Thread [NSFMobile]

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

more: https://imgur.com/gallery/ue5Mp

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Nope.

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    dang like, not even a second hesitation on running to grab the large explosive that just fell off a plane

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    "Yeah maybe we should get rid of this" is a pretty good reaction.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    The way they react tells me that happened more than once.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Some days you can get rid of a bomb pretty easily, turns out.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I'm imagining those dogs worshiping Dog Man for he is a dog who has evolved hands.

He now knows the secrets of opening the food bag, and must be praised.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    The way they react tells me that happened more than once.

The pacific war (as a part of WWII) was pretty much on-the-job training and evaluation of the carrier as anything more than a glorified scouting platform.
    Carrier-crews very quickly learned that when a dud starts to tumble across the deck the best thing to do is grab it and chuck it into the water as fast as possible. By the end of 1942 forces on both sides have drilled extensively on how to deal with ordonance disposal.
    If you toss it overboard you might lose two guys in a very messy manner. Every second it stays you increase the risk for the ship, something that can ignite the fuel or in a worst-case-scenario lead to a metal-fire (a fire so hot that the aluminium alloys in the ship structure ignite).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017

This one might be my favorite.

"Get in there get in there GET OUTTA THERE GET OUTTA THERE!"

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    There has to be a better way!

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    101 wrote: »
    dang like, not even a second hesitation on running to grab the large explosive that just fell off a plane

There's no way to get out of the blast radius, so the only option is to try to fix it as fast as possible.
    On the flightline some of the bombs had a safe radius over two miles away, and some would only definitely kill you if you were within a 100 yard radius. You had no real way to know which was which within a short time. If something happened with ordinance and you were close by, the only option was to help deal with it.

On a carrier? There probably wasn't anywhere they could go themselves, so the only thing you could do is help and dump it over the side.

• Options

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

You came to the wrong fucking neighborhood....

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

here's the whole video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0D932mZNZY

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Object Class: Euclid

broken image link
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Holy crap, why not just burn the whole thing down? AAAAHHHHH

• Options
  • Options

Ghost Manager!
    (I'd actually watch that as a TV series.)

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Did anyone see that video a while ago of H Bomberguy playing chess on stream?

I caught a bit of him chatting with Shaun during the UK election results, although I don't think it was archived.

This video is pretty long, but it is essentially that gif
    https://youtu.be/VvMqD2XblkQ

The whole stream chat was screaming at him that there was a checkmate available

Definitely gonna make time to watch this, I'm also delighted that him and Shaun watching DSP making noodles is there in the related videos, I forgot about that.

• Options

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Ghost Manager!
    (I'd actually watch that as a TV series.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqHGvdfLOTM

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    bowen wrote: »

That seems like a neat job.

If it was me I'd be all like "YOUR STINGERS DO NOTHING! NOTHING!! YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE."

and I would laugh and gloat while they swarmed ineffectually.

RT800 on
  • Options

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I hope they have life vests on beneath the costumes. I don't know how easy it is to get out of one of those but I can't imagine they really allow for swimming.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Well there is a reason they're extinct.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I hope they have life vests on beneath the costumes. I don't know how easy it is to get out of one of those but I can't imagine they really allow for swimming.

That makes me wonder actually - those costumes definitely look like they're already full of air, would that be enough air to make them buoyant?

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

That makes me wonder actually - those costumes definitely look like they're already full of air, would that be enough air to make them buoyant?

They're not airtight. They have little fans in em.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

They're not airtight. They have little fans in em.

Oh, so electricity in the mix too! Though it is likely battery powered and wouldn't hurt.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    Look they are already extinct, what could be worse than that?

Let them have their fun!!!

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

I am getting serious Dishonored 2 flashbacks.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options

Now that's intelligent problem solving.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

That seems like a neat job.

If it was me I'd be all like "YOUR STINGERS DO NOTHING! NOTHING!! YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE."

and I would laugh and gloat while they swarmed ineffectually.

You do realise you're at the start of a monster movie and you're the guy taunting the caged monster before it breaks out and the audience gets to enjoy seeing you killed for your arrogance

• Options

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Ah yes, fun with calcium carbide.

We used to do that as kids with old paint cans.
    Drill a hole in the bottom of the can, put a nugget of CC in the can, spit on it, put the lid back on, wait for the gas to build up, point it away from yourself, use the torch to light the gas through the hole and blow the lid off the thing.

• Options

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    klemming wrote: »

Portal 3 is looking good. Dunno why everyone was annoyed at Valve revealing that Chell was a cat all along.

Mx. Quill on
This discussion has been closed.