As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Princess, warrior, savior [Wonder Woman] OPEN SPOILERS

15678911»

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    WB needs to sign Patty Jenkins for Wonder Woman 2 immediately.

I'm surprised to learn they haven't already. It would be a blitheringly stupid move not to.

She's signed for it as of late June.

From what I gather, the offer was there, but she wasn't sure that she'd be up for it.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Just saw it.

I didn't like how the Germans had to be the bad guys (especially since it was shown Ares was playing both sides). Felt weird to have historical characters in very a historic roles.

I didn't like Mustache Twirling evil general. There has to be a way so show a audience "this guy is bad" with out casual murder, especially if his allies and subordinates.

Didn't like how slow Diana was. Yes, she's naive, that was well handled. But she didn't say anything when it was mentioned that women can't vote, or when she got kicked out of the war room for being a women?

Im probably nipicking, overall it was very good but those small bumps kept it from being excellent.

Probably to save time, if she reacted like she should have to how screwed up for women the time was she wouldn't have ever gotten to Ares. :)

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

I'm surprised to learn they haven't already. It would be a blitheringly stupid move not to.

From what I gather, the offer was there, but she wasn't sure that she'd be up for it.

I have to imagine a big chunk of that is politics. If WW wasn't the critical/commercial success it was she would have a much more difficult time in getting the studio to stop fucking up her movie. At this point she should have serious sway to get them to let her do what she thinks needs doing. Which I personally think is going to lead to a better movie than if WB were making more decisions.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

I have to imagine a big chunk of that is politics. If WW wasn't the critical/commercial success it was she would have a much more difficult time in getting the studio to stop fucking up her movie. At this point she should have serious sway to get them to let her do what she thinks needs doing. Which I personally think is going to lead to a better movie than if WB were making more decisions.

I'm astonished the movie didn't get a bigger involvement from the higher ups, actually. Jenkins' is lucky they didn't Suicide Squad it.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Just saw it.

I didn't like how the Germans had to be the bad guys (especially since it was shown Ares was playing both sides). Felt weird to have historical characters in very a historic roles.

I didn't like Mustache Twirling evil general. There has to be a way so show a audience "this guy is bad" with out casual murder, especially if his allies and subordinates.

Didn't like how slow Diana was. Yes, she's naive, that was well handled. But she didn't say anything when it was mentioned that women can't vote, or when she got kicked out of the war room for being a women?

Im probably nipicking, overall it was very good but those small bumps kept it from being excellent.

Probably to save time, if she reacted like she should have to how screwed up for women the time was she wouldn't have ever gotten to Ares. :)

Or she didn't really get the idea of sexism, being from an island populated entirely by women.