As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Poké] PKMN - Comfy And Easy To Wear

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Perle Fountain (Route 4) ~

When the Riolu pointedly ignores Bea's newly caught Pancham, Aleksandr squats on his haunches and sidles a little closer. He's not quite between the two possible rivals, but he could be. In an instant. "You two have history, da?" he asks, just as a tidalwave of muddy water crests the side of the fountain. A few drops moisten Pokémon and trainer alike. Borzoi bursts out of the aftermath with an overjoyed, playful bark, and after shaking off everywhere (are you close? You're wet now.), assumes the now-familiar PLAY POSITION with a little more barking. Volnoy vaults the edge of the fountain, cartwheels onto the grass, and stops beside the Rockruff, chattering at her in reproach.

"Volnoy, say hello to Sila," Aleksandr suggests, while reaching over to rest his palm lightly on Borzoi's nose. "Sssh," he suggests, before leaning in to rub around her ears, avoiding the roughened spikes of rock in her mane.

Volnoy looks between trainer and Borzoi, tugs on the Rockruff's ear briefly, then walks over to plant himself in front of the Riolu. "Bui," he says, sternly, before offering a paw in a very human gesture.
    64px-BT418.pngYou've got my respect, Rookie. You hit like a truck. Wanna come smash the League with us? I could do with a disciplined partner.

The Buizel then gestures towards the now-quieter Rockruff, who seems on the verge of breaking into boistrous playtime again at any moment. He inclines his head, and exhales in exasperation.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited July 2017

Continuing to interpret everything Aleksandr says as [soothing trainer noises], the Riolu seems more prepared to chat meaningfully with someone who can ah-speak-ah its language.

Harshly brushing away a few errant drops of muddy water from the Rockruff's splashing, the Emanation Pokemon responds to the Buizel's offer with clipped "Ri!"s and "Ru"s in a professional-sounding affirmative.

Handshakes, at least, are something that come somewhat more naturally to a bipedal Pokemon, and the Riolu gives its fellow Fighting Type's paw a firm-gripped shake.

Marshmallow on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular

"Uhh... whew... the gym?" Jim asks uncertainly. "I don't know if we're ready for that just yet... err uhh... like, y'know, me at least." He indicates the Feebas calmly blowing bubbles in a pattern from the depths of the fountain. "But, I guess I could maybe challenge a gym trainer or something first." Doubtlessly, Eli would have at least a small advantage at a bug gym, but Jim doubted it would be enough to handle a 2v1 battle while Lotty flopped around, especially against a gym leader. "And I could use a new hat," He admits. "Yeah, I guess we could try the gym."

• TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Beatrix – P [-][-] /K [-] /M- /N[-] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8
    Vance - 1/6

Beatrix notices the minor rivalry between the Pancham and Al's newest capture; she makes a mental note to add that to her notes regarding Vance. Sila could be a good sparring partner for Vance. She merely fakes a yawn, stretches her legs, and feigns ignorance while on the bench, trying to indicate towards the Pancham that maybe he should be a bit more relaxed. Being serious isn't all that's cracked up to be. Seeing Al restore Sila to fighting health, she follows suit and pulls out a potion from her pocket, gently applying it to the Pancham. As Vance flinches, she responds "Don't worry. This'll get all those aches and pains out of your system. Don't want to be at your worst in case you get ambushed again, right?"
    Jim wrote: »
    "I don't know if we're ready for that just yet... err uhh... like, y'know, me at least. But, I guess I could maybe challenge a gym trainer or something first."

"Well, we don't HAVE to head straight to the gym. We got a few days, don't we? Maybe we could see some sights, try the local cuisine, do some training, fight a trainer or two. I mean, we could always check Santalune Forest and maybe the Routes surrounding the city and buff ourselves up for the Gym battle ahead. Those areas must be filled with different avian Pokemon species. A flying bird type could be useful. Flying's good against bug type, right?" She skims through her Pokedex entries, looking for any potential flying types that might be of use to Jim. "Or maybe fire... or both?"

Moriarty angrily caws at the Rockruff's...muddy Mudbray play. He flies toward his respective trainer's shoulder and nestles there, safe from the machinations of a wily Pokemon. Even he noticed the potential rivalry between the two fighting 'mons. He squawks to the Pancham in his shrill voice.
    64px-BT198.png"Fogeddaboutit, kid. Save ya energy for the big fights. Or when they ain't lookin... like whut happened to ya. Too many witnesses."

Maybe they DO have something in common. Something in common for the scheming Murkrow to exploit at his benefit.

OOC:
    I'm all for heading out to Santalune City. If anything, we can come back later and challenge some trainers for experience.

TiamatZ on

Volnoy squeezes back, then points towards Borzoi a moment. He flexes a bicep, then cracks an imaginary whip - the message is clear, he's training that unruly pup up good.

Al nods as the pair seem to connect, or at least communicate, then smiles widely. "That's good, we can continue on, train some on the way, and gain strength." Noting Jim's unsureness, the Sinnoh trainer cocks his head to one side. "You don't think you're up for a gym fight? How much training before you go for it do you think you will need?" He then nods towards Beatrix, and looks around the place. "You could challenge someone here, if there are any. Or we can go to the city, look around, and hunt in the forest for some flying types, perhaps. There should be some fire birds there, but you already have Eli. With Lotty for water, what is your last element to master?" He chews on his lower lip a moment, then turns away from Jim to wink at Beatrix, covering the movement by bending down to make a fuss of a muddy Borzoi.

Sila and Volnoy continue to eye each other up with some interest. Friendly, battle-y interest.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    "Aw, that's adorable. They're adorable", Alex remarks on the potentially bloody feud between the two new additions to his friend's repertoires.

And then, Volnoy soaks him.

"A fire type might be a good idea to look out for at the moment", the Breeder replies, shaking some of the water out of his hair, "I'm not so sure about putting all of the pressure on Eli to take care of the bugs we might run into. Anyway, let's check out that city!"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    you know, with Moriarty, Vance, and Eggs we have a real good start to a pokeheist novella

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited July 2017

The very mention of the possibility of catching a second Fire type results in Eli appearing from nowhere, doubling in size, his flame growing painfully bright even in the late morning sun, and him glaring the most vicious daggers Bea has ever had a candle send her way. Whatever drops of water from Borzoi that landed nearby evaporate to steam. Jim scoffs at her, holding an arm up as an indication to calm down. "Peace, Eli, she doesn't know you the way I do. Bea, Eli isn't a Fire Pokemon. He's the Fire Pokemon."

Mollified by his trainer's boast, Eli calms down and deflates. Likewise, Jim seems to lose all the confidence he'd projected into his declaration. "And I'm not going to just catch something else to use, either. Lotty needs training, and I'm not going to leave her out of a gym battle just because she's unschooled. You all know as well as I do, sometimes you've got to push a little to get a Pokemon to improve. Leaving her out of the gym battle's no good for that. Like I said, I'm okay if we head to Santalune. I'm sure there's a trainer or two in town I can battle with and get Lotty combat ready in a hurry. And if that's not enough, then maybe I'll have to come back another time." The idea of his new companions leaving him behind is less than savory, but it wouldn't exactly be reasonable for them to sit around Santalune for however long it took for Lotty to come into her own.
    I'm good to head to Santalune.

Terrendos on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Perle Fountain (Route 4)

Richter is currently bouncing around between the various different Pokémon, making sketches, and trying to gauge what abilities each one might have.
    He's not terribly impressed.
    Muttering to his notepad, he notes "A bear, some dog thing, a fish and..."
    Richter turns to Alex.
    "I guess you're having the same trouble I'm having?
    As much as joking about finding keys in the maze is
    " ...and obviously I kinda over did it "I'm not sure how we might... re-educate our recent acquisitions."

North is currently relaxing on the ground near the fountain.
    The spray from the exuberant other Pokémon doesn't bother him at all really, and in fact it's somewhat refreshing after the training session he'd just had.
    Richter is currently busy.. so North might just lay here. In the mud. Where it's cozy.

Volnoy seems poised to extinguish Eli for a moment at the Litwick's sudden display, but quickly calms down. Sila shifts their attention between Ghost and Water types, until they too are satisfied it's not going anywhere.

Borzoi enjoys her petting. She's getting ATTENTION and that's like PLAYTIME, kinda.

"Onward to Santalune, then," Al suggests. He picks up a nearby branch, and heaves it further down the path. Borzoi immediately gives chase, accompanied by loud barking.

ew9y0DD.png
    edited July 2017
    Beatrix – P [-][-] /K [-] /M- /N[-] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8
    Vance - 6/6

Beatrix was trying her best at keeping a slick, calm poker face at the Litwick’s outburst. “Beggin your pardon, Jim. I meant no disrespect. In fact, I appreciate your enthusiasm.” She smiled. She didn’t want to tell the others just yet, but Ghost types really creep her out.

Moriarty, in the meanwhile, glares back at the little Litwick. Even when the little Candle Pokémon doubled in size, he took umbrage to Eli’s protest towards Beatrix. Sure, she was still naïve to the harsher realities of the world and needed some sense knocked into her, but the detective was HIS partner, and by default, was part of HIS group (it;s too small to be even called a gang, see?). To him, a slight on one of his underlings meant a slight to him. Ain't no oversized, floatin, meltin marshmallow make a fool outta Moriarty, that's for sure, he thought to himself. Hmmm, marshmallows...

Besides, who else would feed him and afford his gluttonous, hedonistic lifestyle?

Satisfied the Pancham was fully healed (at least till they hit a Pokemon Center), she stood up from the bench, and observed at Al playing fetch with his Rockruff.

“Like Alex suggested, maybe it’s best not to put too much pressure and strain on your Litwick. It’ll be good to focus on other… elements. At least… to fill out any weaknesses your team hasn’t a counter to. As for Lotty, don’t you worry. Thanks to modern technology, we got the Professor on standby, ready to dish out any advice and assistance we ask his way. And speaking of assistance, you’re not alone on this trip. I’m sure both Alexes… Alexis?....Alexuses? …. Alexi? Err… I’m sure the both of them could help you out with their knowledge. Al here’s a trainer who seems to know his stuff, and… begging your pardon Alex, but you’re a breeder…correct?” She asks. “He might know what’s best for Lotty’s…err… dietary requirements? And maybe how best to unlock her hidden potential. Then we got Richter. He could do… umm…. SCIENCE to it? And if you need a battle or two, you could ask any of us to lend a hand.”

She crosses her arms, a confident grin forming on her face. Gotta keep that poker face going.

“Sure, we’re ALL competing for the League, but that don’t mean we can’t rely on one another for the time being. No ‘mon is an island, and all that.”

TiamatZ on

"Lotty needs some beauty poffins," Al suggests. "Or some makeup and sequins, lipstick, a facemask, she needs confidence in her appearance and abilities before she will be able to evolve." He inclines his head towards Sila and Volnoy, and gestures towards the fleeing Borzoi. "Richter may try to shock her, claiming stress and danger force evolution. Alex seems like a better bet. Maybe he knows foods that will boost her confidence and help bring out her sparkles. I need to teach Borzoi another move, maybe on the way. She seems to have a talent for attacks that hinder an opponent. Perhaps getting her to move her weight directly at a target with the enthusiasm she puts into play will help."

He then follows his Rockruff, Sea Otter and Emanation Pokémon in tow.
    Ready to head to Santalune, unless one of those trainers MAKES EYE CONTACT AND FORCES A BATTLE.

Marsh, are you okay with me teaching Borzoi 'Erosion' on the way? [Ground, Physical, Harrassing (Defense)] Could also do with upping her Sp.Atk to 2 for a bit more damage - that's a total of 3XP!

I'd also like to beef Volnoy's Def or Sp.Def. Probably Sp.Def, that'd cost 2XP.

ew9y0DD.png
    edited July 2017
    ~ Perle Fountain - Route 4 ~

"What? No I would not" have the guts to "-endanger- a Pokémon's life in that manner.
    However if you're interested, I do have this case study.."

Richter musses his hair.
    "I don't think we have to worry too much at this stage anyway.
    I'm pretty sure the professor said that the first gym leader we face will only use one Pokémon on us."

discrider on
    edited July 2017
    "I could go by Skipps, if that makes anything easier. Though for the record, a group of Alexi is called a raft of Alex", the Breeder says proudly.

"And yeah, I mean, I could probably create a dietary slash training regime for anyone that wants one. What's a Lotty though, and why does it need lipstick?", Alex asks, turning to Al.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2018
    ~ Onward to Santalune ~ :whistle:

Victorious over their first route, the gang of Trainers continues their journey on the path to Santalune City, each accompanied by new friend to help them in their League Challenge.

Soon enough, the way ahead grows rugged and bound in hills. The distant signs of civilization beckoning in the form of a cozy city, nestled in between the shallow hillocks that form the edge of Kalos' mountainous region to the east. As the trainers approach, the clay roads become clad in well-worn cobblestone, and the town of traditionally styled brick houses draws near.

Passing the last few stands of Route 4's yellow flowers, the group approaches the gate leading into the city. Ancient, crumbling walls, from a more perilous time in the city's past, still standing around the bulk of its buildings. A fraction of the size of the metropolis they just departed from, its easy enough to pick out the landmarks from a distance, from the imposing bulk of the Trainer School, to the modern design of the local Pokecenter that sticks out like a sore thumb amongst its older neighbors, to the tall, green-roofed edifice of the Santalune Gym you hope to challenge.

What Shall You Do?

Also, Beatrix receives a text from the number Emma gave her:
    Hey, this is Em.

Where you at? Still in town? Challenging Clemont? Let me know!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kay wrote: »
    Marsh, are you okay with me teaching Borzoi 'Erosion' on the way? [Ground, Physical, Harrassing (Defense)] Could also do with upping her Sp.Atk to 2 for a bit more damage - that's a total of 3XP!

I'd also like to beef Volnoy's Def or Sp.Def. Probably Sp.Def, that'd cost 2XP.

For sure, sounds fine to me.

Marshmallow on

Jim is about to head to the Pokemon Center when he realizes that neither of his Pokemon are hurt. Shopping can wait, he decides. Right now he's got business to take care of. "I'm going to head for the gym first, guys. You can come along if you like." Surely there's a plethora of young trainers spoiling for a fight that he can use to get a bit of last-minute combat experience for his two Pokemon. And afterwards, he might have a talk with the gym leader, too. On his way there, he remember's Bea's advice to call up the Professor. If anyone would know the best way to help Lotty realize her full potential, surely Sycamore would. And if not, he might be able to call up another of his scholastic colleagues. He flips open his Pokedex and searches for the Professor's cell number, opting for a text.
    hey prof its Jim caught a Feebas otw 2 San2lune. figur u might have sum tips on best way to help it reach full potntial any ideas?

Evidently things like grammar and punctuation are not foremost in Jim's mind when walking and texting.

edited July 2017
    Alex shrugs, pulling a pokeball out from a pouch on his waist, "I'll tag along! My new friends could probably use a little hangout time."

With that, he sends out the Devil's Eggs, curious to see their reaction to the older, less trash-inclined roadway as well as the warm sunlight on the route to the city.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited July 2017
    “Moriarty and Vance need a check-up in the Pokémon center after their fight, so maybe I could tag along and watch you guys fight at the gym. On the other hand, I could go buy some supplies, maybe take a peek at the Trainers’ School. They might have some advice on how to train Pokémon, specifically the avian variety.”

Vance shifts and chews his signature leaf around, not sure what to make of the town. Moriarty, on the other hand, knew that this was civilization. His mantra: where there was civilization, there was shinies… and candy!

Beatrix pulls out her trusted notepad. She examines the town in front of them, and inspired by the architecture (mostly the walls), starts writing down.

“Before our heroes stood the settlement that is Santalune City. To call it a city, after witnessing the scintillating illumination that was Lumiose City, was almost discourteous. Compared to the cosmopolitan colossus the travelers started their journey from this morning… Santalune was, by all accounts, a town... at best. A cozy and perhaps inviting town, but a town nonetheless. Its walls (perhaps the closest it has to a relic of times past) looked haggard and weary, a safeguard of excursions past, and the town’s first greeter to all its visitors. As the advance of time continue to pick apart this wall, and its household neighbors ever reach the skies, our heroine wonders: Was the city truly honored of its dated defense against the elements and conflicts? Or were its residents oblivious to the walls’ predicament… or, perhaps more ominous, did they not care about their heritage, and hoped that nature and its retainers will do it in one day? If these walls could talk. What tales… what secrets would they impart on visitors or trainers just starting on their journey? If the walls was the city's first impression, it made one wonder what the city itself was like…”

It was then her Dex buzzed as she received a message from… Em? Director Emma!?

Was this it?

Was this the moment of my big break?

Was this to be my first super secret confidential mission in Kalos?

Am I finally being assigned…

Hey, this is Em.

Where you at? Still in town? Challenging Clemont? Let me know!

Did… did she really forgot to tell Emma where she was going? First day on the job and you already bidoofed it up, Bea! Good job! Can wake up for an early morning jog, but can't even send an update to your boss! Good thing you don't have a badge or they'd take it from you for being so careless!

“Think I might call a rain check on the gym, at least for today. Gonna hit the Center first, then see what I'll do from there.” She replies, as she secretly types in a message back to Emma:
    Rookie Beatrix here. On route 2 Santalune! Partner weak 2 electric. Heard Santalune gym good starting point. Scouting city 2 see on any crimes or check up on leads here. Phone you @ Center when I get there.

She reminded herself she had quite a few phone calls to make. The Professor. Emma. Monsieur Simone.

TiamatZ on
    "I may check the Pokécenter for some healing and maybe see what Technical Machines they have here," Al says, looking between his three fighting companions. "Then head to the gym to see what the story is here."

As he speaks, Volnoy nudges Sila with and elbow, then gestures towards Moriarty. When the Riolu cocks its head in question, the Buizel produces a trio of coins - filched from the fountain earlier - and whistles at the Murrow to get his attention. He then moves the coins back and forth to catch the light.

Meanwhile, Borzoi has found a patch of flowers, and is chewing on a few brightly coloured blossoms.
    My PC seems to be dead, not sure why. Diagnosis will wait until tomorrow. My posts will be a little slower or shorter until it's fixed, aaaaah.

ew9y0DD.png
    edited April 2018
    lHvhpZv.png

~ Text Maniacs ~

Jim
    Bonjour, Jim!

You have caught a Feebas! That is great! It is an énormément difficile task to train, but you manage your litwick so well, so I'm sure you are up to the task.

As with any Pokemon, a Feebas may be strengthened with regular exercise and battling, and by focused training to improve its physical and mental capabilities, as well as building a healthy bond of trust and respect by engaging it in activities it enjoys.

If you were asking about evolution... The Feebas evolution is a difficult topic. I will explain if you wish.

Beatrix
    Oh, that's perfect!

I heard something was up in Santalune that might be worth looking into. Call me when you can!

~ Santalune City ~

As Beatrix noted, this is definitely on the smaller side of the cities and towns you're likely to visit on your journey. A sleepy, comfy atmosphere prevails, and you notice mostly older couples and individuals strolling easily on the wide brick streets, waving cheerfully as you go past. Likely they know almost all the locals here, and assume visitors must be tourists... or League Challengers.

The center of the town features a cozy plaza, miniscule in comparison to those found in Lumiose, with a sedate fountain and several tables and chairs to accommodate those who choose to partake of nearby cafe fare out in the fresh air and sunlight. Several paths venture outward toward the major destinations of the town, and it is here the group is likely to take their leave of each other as they separate to pursue their own goals.

~ Santalune Pokecenter ~

The city's local Pokecenter seems rather average, perhaps a bit intentionally dated looking to fit with the image of the town, with rough white tiles, wood, and brass as the materials of choice where it won't interfere with routine sanitation.

The place seems a little busy. With a League Challenge up and running, and a beginner-friendly Gym nearby, it must be doing good business, though you likely won't see peak hours until the evening when trainers come back from Gym Challenges and Route training to clamor for dinner and a place to rest their head. It might be a good idea to reserve a room while there's still choice to be had. However, it wouldn't be surprising if a town like this didn't have a bed-and-breakfast or two willing to host a trainer with the League footing the bill, if you care to check your Pokedex map for more options.

~ Santalune Gym ~

The most impressive structure in Santalune, if only just barely beating out the Trainer school, is the multi-winged, mansion-like building that houses the local Gym. It's green walls boasting massive windows to let in the light, and its rooftop proudly displaying the Pokemon League symbol, you might push aside the yellow double doors to enter the massive foyer within.

Inside are several other trainers, some of whom are clearly local students of the Gym, loitering in matching green jackets and white slacks, and a few are apparently visiting Challengers, as they sit on benches with their Pokemon, scroll through their Pokedexes, or wander around looking at the artwork proudly displayed on the perimeter of the room. You can hear, faintly at the edge of hearing, the sound of buzzing, chirping, and humming insects, which seem to be coming from the three hallways heading off to the left, right, and straight ahead.

In the center of the large room is an information desk, currently staffed by a young lady in a smart black blouse, a green ribbon around the neck of her shirt. She seems to be fiddling with her phone, and has not noticed your entrance.

Marshmallow on
    ~ Santalune Gym ~

Jim reads the response from the Professor carefully. Nothing in there is too surprising, except maybe the Professor noting his skill with Eli. But it does make him realize that he never really asked what Lotty wanted, he was so caught up in the moment. He makes a mental note to ask her later. Meanwhile, he writes up a quick response to Sycamore.
    Dont no if Lotty wants 2 change. Tell me how just n case

That done, he takes a look around for any gym trainers that look like they're spoiling for a fight. He takes out Eli's Pokeball and tosses it into the air confidently, letting everyone around know why he's here.

edited July 2017
    ~ Onward to Santalune ~

Noticing a light of something shiny catching his eyes, Moriarty glances at the direction of the source. Not happy that it was the buizel (or the fact he managed to snag three coins under his watchful eye), the Murkrow merely snaps at Volnoy's direction, daggers glared at the Sea Otter Pokemon. There will be a reckonin', kid.

~ Pokemon Center ~

Bidding her friends farewell and good luck on the coming gym battles ahead, Beatrix's first stop was the Pokémon Center. It turns out Vance required some significant effort convincing at leaving her side, as she assured him that this was necessary for his health, since the nurses would tend all his wounds and scrapes from the last battle, as well as do a diagnostic (at least, that's what she hoped they did to newly captured Pokémon from the wild). After depositing her team, she bids them good health, and that she'll return in due time. Sure, she could have headed straight to the gym and battled some of its trainers, but she wanted her team fighting fit for Emma’s upcoming assignment.

~ Santalune City ~

She spent the next hour or so exploring the city, perusing its shops, looking through said shops' windows and glancing at all the inns and hostels within the town.To the locals, she looked like she was sightseeing. But she was surveying the town, looking for anything out of the ordinary or suspicious. Satisfied with her reconnaissance, she finds a nice, secluded alleyway far from encroaching eyes and ears. Whipping out her Xtransceiver, she contacts Director Emma.

After a long series of rings, a familiar feminine voice responds. “Director Emma, Looker Bureau. How may we be of assistance?” The fact she could only hear an audio version on the Xtranseiver meant she either answered on a normal telecommunications device (like a normal, everyday phone), or she kept the monitor deliberately off. Better safe than sorry, I guess. Must be some sort of safety protocol.

“Rookie Beatrix here, Emma. Made it to Santalune City safely. You said something’s come up here? What can we do for you?”

TiamatZ on
    ~ Santalune Pokecenter ~

Aleksandr approaches the counter with three Pokéballs - a Premier ball with water-themed stickers, a standard Pokéball with sand and rock stickers, and a plain Pokéball. "Three for healing," he tells the attendant, before touching his Pokédex to her tablet for identification and tagging. While he waits for his team to be refreshed, he browses the store section, and takes a few Pokéball decals to the front desk. "Do you have any ice-themed TMs? Something like... Ice Punch, or Ice Shard maybe? Also, where would I book a room for the evening? I am a League challenger."

He takes in the sights on the side, looking in particular for any older trainers that look like they know what they're doing. That, or anyone freely advertising their skills as a tutor.

ew9y0DD.png
    edited July 2017
    ~ Text Maniac ~
    Jim
    Oh. Well. Most individuals with a Feebas tend to set their hearts on evolving it into a Milotic as quickly as possible. While many Pokemon have unusual requirements to evolve, most results tend to be reproducible. Not necessarily so with Feebas. Every now and then a Milotic is considered to be in vogue, and many attempt to train one of their own with often miserable results.

Current theories often refer to beautification treatments, utilizing various items in the manner of an elemental stone, or ah, applying strong stressors. None of them seem to be particularly reliable however, so it may take a special Feebas, or a special trainer, to bring out that potential.

I am pleased to hear that you are taking the welfare and desires of the Pokemon into account. I suggest you not concern yourself with evolution for the time being, and instead learn to train and appreciate your Feebas as it is now. If a Milotic is in your future, a solid foundation with its pre-evolution could only be beneficial.

~ Santalune Gym ~
    Jim

Some things don't change no matter the region, and in the language of trainers - when your eyes meet, you must battle! Jim's open invitation quickly gets him a returning stare from one of the Gym Students, the heavyset lad, a year or two younger than even the Junior Trainer, ambling over with his hands in his pockets. Stopping a short distance away, the boy leans in and speaks quickly and eagerly.

"Bonjour! Donc tu veux te bataille, fais toi?" he asks, nodding his head towards the corridor to the left of the room.

~ Santalune City ~
    Beatrix

"Heya, Bea," Emma responds, her tone perking up slightly compared to her initial business-like greeting. "So, I got a tip that an Interpol officer was in Santalune City, asking the locals questions. If they've got a physical person here, they're probably following up on something big, but nobody gave me a heads up, and none of my official contacts are able or willing to tell me what's going on, so it must be something pretty secret too I'm betting."

"I'm not too happy about operations going on in my region without at least a base-touch, know what I mean? If you can find anything out about that discreetly, maybe by finding someone they questioned and seeing what they were being asked, it'd be a big help. Feel up for it?"

~ Santalune Pokecenter ~
    Aleksandr

"Ice huh? We might have one in the back somewhere," the store clerk says, unconvincingly. "If you just wanted the one Move, you could look through the clearance TMs. Everyone wants the reusable ones nowadays, but if you only want to teach a move once, the single-use ones are pretty cheap." He points over to a display with racks of hanging paper packets, each holding a small diskette, the sign above it clearly indicating the Pokemart's eagerness to get rid of them with bright colors and and a jovial, balloon-font 'à PRIX RéDUIT!'.

"If you find one you like and bring it here and I'll activate it for you," he says. "As for room booking..." he points to a set of stairs leading up. "Second floor, though the rooms you rent are in the back," he adds, pointing to a hallway. "Service Desk up there will get everything settled for you. I'd hurry, though, they'll fill up quick when the evening rush hits."

Nearby denizens of the Pokecenter at this time include a young man seated at one of the tables drinking something hot with a Chespin seated nearby, a teen squatting on the floor in one corner so as to be closer to the Scatterbug he's speaking firmly to, with accompanying gestures that imply he's talking strategy, and there's a young woman sitting cross-legged on one of the benches, tapping away at a laptop while a magnemite lazily hovers near her head. None of them look particularly tutor-worthy, but maybe he could ask one of them if they're seen anyone around that would fit the bill themselves.

Marshmallow on
    edited July 2017
    ~ Santalune Pokecenter ~

Aleksandr tries the phrase he has been practicing mentally since he left Lumiose. "Merci beaucoup," and despite the heavy accent, he manages to be understandable. Just. "I shall take a look, and see what you have. You are very kind, thank you for your help."

And with that, the Sinnoh trainer is in amongst the clearance rack, pausing occasionally to check some information on his Pokédex as he does so. It takes him a good ten minutes or so to peruse the whole lot, another couple to pick up a couple he set aside originally, and takes the time out to retrieve his team - his Pokédex vibrates to alert him to their readiness. The blonde youth then returns to the front desk with six of the packets. He also snags a few brightly coloured Pokéball decals he finds on the way, too. A royal blue stylised fist logo, and a magenta spiral in a cyan ball of energy. Perfect for a Riolu. He spreads them on the counter by the clerk he first spoke to, when there's space.

"Hello again, I have found some clearance moves I am interested in. This one here, 'Ice Blade', I would like to teach immediately to my Buizel, here," he says, placing Volnoy's Premier Ball on the counter beside it. "There are also some others, but I would like to teach them the moves later, I do not think they would absorb the lessons right now." The other TM packets are: Shadow Claw, Snarl, Bulk Up, Steel Wing, and Sludge Bomb. "Would I be able to use them in the field, or would I require services at a Pokécenter to transfer the techniques?"

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    ~ Santalune Pokecenter ~

The clerk seems pleased Aleksandr took up the offer of discount TMs and begins scanning them. "No need for a Pokecenter. Once they're activated you can load them onto your Pokedex and use them whenever just like the unlimited ones. Just bear in mind that after one use they delete themselves, so make extra sure you're definite about it before you do. No refunds on used TMs, obviously," he continues, putting Aleksandr's purchases to one side.

"That'll be 3,100 Pokedollars! Would you like a bag?"

~ Santalune Pokecenter ~

"Yes, please," Aleksandr replies, making sure the clerk also rings up the decals he has selected. The catch-all Pokédex endorses the purchase with a touch and a thumbprint. "Thank you for pointing them out, I shall let the friends I am travelling with know to come and look through the listings."

Once his purchase is made, and the TMs are activated, Al thanks the clerk once more, before heading upstairs to book his room for the evening. Then, he turns his attention towards some of the others in the center. He approaches the bench the woman with the Magnemite is sitting at, and indicates a space nearby. "Is this free?" he asks, setting his Pokédex and water-decal'd Premier Ball on the bench.

ew9y0DD.png
    ~ Santalune Gym ~

In response to the trainer's fluent French, Jim blanches. Perhaps his aunt and uncle were right about taking that foreign language course before the trip. If only he'd paid the slightest attention!

"Bonjour, mi ami. Je m'appelle Jim," he stammers carefully. "Et oui, veux do... bataille..." He sighs. "Parlez vous anglais?" He asks desperately. It's so trivial to forget when most of the touristy spots have bilingual (or trilingual, or...) speakers that perhaps English isn't quite as popular in other places as it may be in Alola. "I'm Jim, yes I'd like to battle, pleasure to meet you. Are the courts this way?" Perhaps if he got a shirt with some English printed on it... but then again, such a thing might seem garish or tacky, and it wouldn't do to be impolite. Perhaps just speaking first would be the most prudent path going forward, instead.

He follows the trainer to the next room, taking a good look at the gym and the field for a possible edge when his time comes against the leader. "I'm looking for some practice before I challenge the gym leader, would you mind a double battle?"

edited July 2017
    ~Santalune Gym~

Alex, having followed Jim to the gym (hah), smiles wryly as the socialite struggles with the language barrier. His eggs follow behind him out of curiousity, with one or two of the pink buddies breaking away from the main group to investigate the pockets of distracted battlers.

As Jim heads over to battle, Alex wanders back over to the front desk.

"Bonjour beau, mon nom est Alex", he says, hoping to get the receptionist's attention, "Pouvez-vous me dire quelquechose du leader du gymnase ici?"

Meanwhile, a portion of the Devil's Eggs teleknetically feel for anything of interest behind the counter.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited July 2017
    ~ Santalune City, Alleyway ~

A wide grin forms on the young detective’s face. Any wider, and even the most jovial of Darmanitans would be humbled.

Am I up for it?! You bet'cha! My actual first assignment!

“Don’t you worry Emma, Rookie Beatrix is on the case! Or… is that Deputy?" She scratches her chin, "Not really sure about the correct rank, now that I think about it...”

Being serious for once, Beatrix shakes off that uncertainty, and engages herself in the assignment. Director Emma had every right to be wary. Interpol normally informs all law enforcement agencies in a region when an investigation takes place (heck, it’s practically stated under every Interpol site's FAQ page). Ironically enough, there's also rumors of Interpol acquiring the aid of powerful trainers an/or Champions in said regions, but that's just hearsay. Therefore, the fact they kept the Looker Bureau out of the loop is already suspect. The Interpol agent could possibly even be a fake, though she couldn’t cross out the idea if they were the genuine article.

Thinking clearly and without disruptions, Beatrix does a mental summary of what she was required to do, and what information she had at her disposal:
    - A suspect unknown (who may be a potential or alleged Interpol Officer).
    - Asking questions of unknown subject matter.
    - Asking an undeterminable amount of locals (but at the very least one, in order for the tip to be sent and verified).
    - Asking said locals in the area of Santalune City (where in Santalune City exactly though?)
    - At an undetermined timeframe (Wait, she said WAS in Santalune. Does that mean the suspect has already left town? Could they still be here?).

Hmm, not really anything to help me get started. All of these are pretty vague. However…

She returns her focus back to the Xtranseiver.

“Any potential leads you could gather from the tip, Emma? Any additional clues? The source who gave you the tip, are they reliable? Or how about a timeframe when you got the tip? This morning? Last night? Were the locals the officer questioned law enforcement officers? Or normal, everyday locals? Or maybe even trainers? Or... perhaps a specific area or point of interest the officer was last seen inquiring said locals? Every shred of evidence could help as a springboard to our investigation.”

Otherwise, that only leaves me the Pokécenter, Gym and Trainers School as potential starting points, she thought to herself.

TiamatZ on
    edited July 2017
    ~ Santalune Pokécenter ~

Richter slips in the door behind Alex, and starts perusing the merchandise immediately.
    Let's see... what other materials do I need...

Shortly after, Richter's waiting behind Alex, as all his one-use TMs are scanned.
    I wonder who makes those... And how do the Pokémon just gain knowledge like that.
    A smile creeps across his face.
    Why if I could do that... then all the information in the world...
    A brief image of his head exploding under the pressure flashes through his mind.
    Ah. Right. Curation. Wouldn't want to download the entire internet.

North is bored.
    Having slept much of the trek from the fountain to Santalune, now he's ready to get out and see the town.
    Or at least, ready to catch a cab and sit on its roof.
    Same difference.

But before he can wander off, he's lifted onto the counter.
    "So I have the one in the ball that needs healing, and North here needs a check over.", Richter states to the bemused attendant.
    North looks around to check what junk Richter's buying this time.
    Some Repel, duct tape and some padlocks.
    "Uh, the Pokécenter's on the other side of the store, but I'm happy to ring these up for you.", as he points at the begarbed nurses over the other side of the building.

North hops off the counter as Richter continues paying for his goods.
    "I had some trouble in the hedge mazes on the way here.", he states, scanning his Pokédex, "Wild Pokémon ruined my completion time"
    "Well I'm sure that won't be a problem,", the clerk starts, handing over Richter's receipt, "So long as you use that Re..."

There is a sharp CLACK from behind Richter.
    Richter groans.
    "Thanks"
    He hurriedly scoops his inventory into his backpack and turns around.

The lady at the laptop is looking bemused as her Magnemite is now affixed squarely to North.
    The Magnemite is struggling and attempting to lift both of them off the ground.
    MDP081.png
    Can't you already float?!

MDP074.png
    Rocks can't float!
    Know anywhere good to eat?

"I'm sorry miss", Richter shouts bending over the pair, "North is a bit too.. attractive for his own good"

discrider on
    edited July 2017
    ~ Santalune Pokecenter ~ :whistle:
    Aleksandr, Richter

"Hmm, huh?" queries the woman, barely drawn out of her computer tapping by Aleksandr's approach. "Uh, sure, whatever," she concludes without much conviction, going back to her work for an instant before wincing at the clatter of her Magnemite and Richter's Geodude getting a little tied up.

Lowering the screen of her laptop a fraction so as to better glare over the top of it, she shoots Richter and his Pokemon an irritated look. "Was that a pickup line? It better not be," she demands, softly.

~ Alleyway (Santalune City) ~
    Beatrix

"Bien sûr," Emma replies, with a bit of tongue-in-cheek Kalos flair.

"I just wanted to make sure you were on board before I shared more details. The initial tipster was an old friend who's in the League Challenge right now. They said they saw a woman asking questions at the Santalune Pokecenter, speaking to the shop clerk and the head nurse. When he asked what it was about, they said she was an Interpol agent and showed him a card they were given. It was an Officer Shirley, petite, fair complexion, auburn hair in bob cut, dressed in a white shirt, dark jacket, dark slacks. Checks out as far as my database access can tell me, though obviously no notes on active duty or current location."

"She was asking them about unexplained thefts or missing items, and a few calls to some of the local shops indicate she had been stepping in and asking the same kind of questions there. Interpol doesn't exactly jump all over petty thieves, so I'm thinking they might be after something a little more substantial."

"The tip came in last night, but I spent some time trying to get my Interpol contacts to cough anything up. They might still be in the area, might not. I'm hoping they were questioning more than just people running shops, and if the questions they were asking differ, that might help us figure out what they're up to besides tracking thefts."

"I didn't follow up with the local police officer. I know the guy and he was probably contacted, but if he was asked to keep his mouth zipped on something by an impressive enough suit, I'm thinking he would, so I'm not going there just yet."

~ Santalune Gym ~
    Jim, Alex

"Oh, yes, hello," Jim's impromptu sparring partner says hesitantly. "I am Frederick. Is good to meet. Your French, not bad!" he continues, forehead scrunched with the effort of translation.

"We can, yes, battle," he plods on. "That way," he points again to the left. "Battle rooms, um, fields." He holds a hand up to his ear. "Sound of... Grillion! Cricket! To follow." As an afterthought, he points to the hallway behind the information desk. "Gym Challenge, big field like stage! Sound of cicada!" Then one last time to the right side of the room. "Galerie de photos, sound of sauterelle... Grasshopper!"

Seems like you can navigate the building's three sections - Training Rooms, Leader Challenge arena, and an art gallery - by listening for and following the appropriate insect noise. Certainly a... unique feature.

"Double battle, of course," Frederick answers. "Come, we battle!" he finishes, striding off towards the aforementioned training hallway and the chirp of crickets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bonjour, Alex," the attendant says, offering her hand over the counter. Her nametag indicates she's called 'Holly'.

"Le Champion d'arène est nouveau cette année. Mdm. Viola a changé sa fonctions et a été remplacé par M. Samuel."

[Angry GM Google Translating Noises]

Behind the counter, the pilfering Exeggcute find nothing of note but office supplies. A few pads of note paper, some still in their plastic packaging, several boxes of pens and pencils, some pamphlets that don't mean much of anything to the inquisitive Psychics, and a wireless printer that is presumably for printing out materials for trainers who need some information or forms done as part of their visit to the gym.

Marshmallow on
    edited July 2017
    ~Santalune Gym~

"Un plaisir de vous rencontrer, mademoiselle Holly", Alex replies, politely shaking the proffered hand, "Quelques conseils que vous pourriez être en mesure de donner à quelqu'un qui cherche à défier Samuel?"

Mildly disappointed, the Eggs begin to pry into the pockets of the kind receptionist.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    ~ Santalune Pokecenter ~

"Merci beaucoup," Aleksandr replies, gaining confidence with at least this one, simple phrase. When North and Richter make themselves known, Al groans, and rests his face in his palm for a long moment. "Please," he echoes. "Make that not a pick-up line."

He meanwhile syncs up his Pokédex with Volnoy's Pokéball, and inserts the activated Ice Blade TM. He touches the icon, and waits for the upload.

"Are you here for the League Challenge," the Sinnoh youth asks amiably enough, hoping to take the edge off the situation. "Or perhaps to learn, train and similar?"

ew9y0DD.png
    edited July 2017
    ~ Santalune Pokécenter ~

"Huh?", Richter pauses, one foot on North, and pulling on the Magnemite's affixed magnet arm.
    Turning to the lady, "Oh. No. No no no no. There's just not many good words for this."
    Richter turns back to the pair of entangled Pokémon.
    The Magnemite's single eye is now a single wide slit glaring straight at Richter, whilst North is sticking his tongue out at him.

"Well I was going to say that you were overly affectionate, but I'm no breeder, North", Richter whispers pointedly.
    Putting his back back into it, "I mean, it's not like you could describe this situation as repulsive".
    North and the Magnemite briefly glance at each other.

"N-"

Richter is suddenly sliding on his back down one of the Pokécenter aisles.
    Coming to a rest, he mutters, "I lie corrected"

Floating back out from Richter's lab coat, the abashed Magnemite returns to it's owner.
    MDP081.png
    You can't just do that! Normally we get to know each other first!

MDP074.png
    *shrugs*

Both trainers Pokedexes have registered the failed evolution event.

discrider on
    ~ Santalune Gym ~

"Allons-y!" Jim replies, knowing at least that basic phrase. He listens for the sound of the cricket, though he knows the sound only by reputation and movies. Fortunately, he is more familiar with the sound of the cicada, and remains confident that he will be able to find his way to the gym leader later. When they arrive at the field, he plucks the pair of Pokeballs from his belt, holding one in each hand. "Just caught this one here on the way to Santalune," he explains, indicating the plain Pokeball in his left hand. "I'd like to get her up to speed a bit before challenging the leader."

Once Frederick is ready, he lets out both of his Pokemon at the same time. "Lotty, Eli, let's do this!" Eli appears in a burst of bright purple flames and black smoke, cackling evilly. Clearly he's put a lot of work into his entrance. Lotty, meanwhile, flops plainly onto the ground, exerting no small amount of effort with her pectoral fins to roll upright. They both turn to face their trainer expectantly. Jim kneels down to address them directly. "All right, you two. Lotty, this battle is just to get a feel for how you are right now, so don't stress out about trying to perform, okay? Just do what you can. Eli, obviously we're already good, but I think it would be a good idea for you to get a feel for team battling. Remember that you're not out there alone. You can bet that Frederick will be coordinating both of his Pokemon very closely, so if you don't work together with Lotty, you'll be at a real disadvantage. All of this is going to be pretty new, so let's just hang loose and try to have some fun, okay?" Eli nods emphatically, looking forward to slinging some more shade, and maybe some flames. Lotty seems somewhat more reticent, but does give Jim what he chooses to believe is a fish's shrug.
    Looks like Hawaiian crickets are silent due to some parasitic fly that identifies them by sound, hence Jim not being familiar with the noise.

edited July 2017

“Thanks for the info, Emma. You’re a life saver! I’ll start with the collabora…corraboro…corroboration ‘round these parts. See what we can dig up here. Will keep you posted as we dig up more dirt on all of this. Deputy Beatrix, out!” she answers, before signing off from the Xtranseiver.

She pulls out her notepad, but this time pages all the way to the back to the last page. She scribbles down all the notes and information she was given. Followed by a rough stick figure drawing in the bottom left of Moriarty nomming on a caramel covered pretzel… FOCUS BEA, FOCUS!

Hmmm, where to start though? The Trainers school would be a good place. On the other hand, I could go to the Gym instead. See how Jim and the others are...

As if on cue, her Dex vibrates. She pulls it out and notices her partners were fully healed and ready for a pickup. Welp, that settles it: the Pokémon Center it is then.

As she makes her way to the Center, she sends a number of text messages, first of whom is sent to Prof. Sycamore:
    Caught a Pancham on Route 4. Pancham not happy that I caught him (kinda ambushed him ( ̄ー ̄; ). Kinda introverted. Ideas on how to earn it’s trust?

Followed by another text message. This one to Monsieur Simone, the League’s representative:
    Beatrix Spencer, League Challenger: Found gang of Pancham/ Pangoro in Route 4. Uses hedge maze as hiding spot. Have rivalry with Riolu in area. Might be dangerous for other trainers in area. Maybe have Rangers look into it?

She attaches an image of the Pangoro and his gang she took earlier that day. Hopefully that'll be enough evidence to convince Simone about the threat.

As an afterthought, she sends another message.
    Beatrix Spencer, League Challenger...again: P.S. Tell the Rangers to bring cameras. The gang loves to show off if you take pictures of them. Hope that helps.

She smiles, as she continues on to her destination.

By the time she was done texting and finishing up her stick figure art (this time a crude figure on the right side of the page, depicting a Pancham punting a punching bag with one of it's feet), she was but a stone’s throw away from the Center.

OOC:
    (Just posting this down here to keep track of what Bea needs to accomplish)
    Objective: Corraborate Corroborate with witnesses in Santalune City.
    - Suspect: Officer Shirley. Petite, fair complexion, auburn hair in bob cut, dressed in a white shirt, dark jacket, dark slacks, female; checks out, but no active duty or current location on roster database. MIA? Or possible rogue? Suspect might still be in vicinity; keep an eye out, but avoid confrontation for now
    - Questions regarding thefts and/or missing items? Must be something big (or a smokescreen?).
    - Locals: shop keeps in town, head nurse and shop clerk in Center. Trainers too perhaps? Must confirm in investigation. Check eyewitnesses in Center.
    - Possible locations: Pokemon Center, shops (Gym, Trainers’ School?)
    - Keep Emma and LB out of discussions; Might need to use an Alias. Get your Bogart on!
    - Card might be integral to investigation; see if I can snapshot a photo of it for Emma.
    - Questions might not all be the same; gather as much info as possible before contacting Emma. Might find a clue in suspect’s line of inquiries.
    - Ask around town; trainers might have been questioned as well; trainers’ school possible site to check out. Gym too.
    - Avoid local authorities. Possibly on paygrade to avoid questioning.

TiamatZ on
    edited July 2017
    Sorry about the delay, busy couple'a days.

Beatrix

Beatrix receives a reply almost immediately after her second text to Monsieur Simone:
    Thank you for your diligence and discretion, Challenger Beatrix. I will contact the relevant authorities immediately and see that the offending Pokemon are re-homed somewhere they will not impose on our League participant's safety.

- League Representative Simone

PS: Thank you for the tip, I will pass that along as well.

Later, Professor Sycamore gets around to replying:
    Bonjour Beatrix! Pancham are unusual for Route 4, but it's not unlikely it wandered from its normal territory.

Earning a distrustful Pokemon's loyalty can be rigorous, but it is important to be calm and patient. Establishing a routine of exercise, food, and encouragement is usually a good start, as is treating a Pokemon as a friend. Listen to what it tells you. Even if it can't talk, you will notice things that it likes and dislikes, and get a feel for its methods and moods. A good trainer will adapt to the needs of their Pokemon just as much as the Pokemon adapts to them.

If the Pancham is a bit of a loner, you may try giving it its space, but let it know what you can do for it in terms of training and care. Let the Pancham come to you on its own terms, and it will quickly realize it is worth coming out of its shell for what you have to offer.

Hope this is helpful! Bon chance!

~ Santalune Gym ~
    Alex, Jim

"Comme Viola, il est un entraîneur d'insectes," Holly replies with a smile.

"Alors que Viola était un combattant ruse, il utilise des tactiques directes, et son Pokemon est connu pour s-EEK!."

Her reply is interrupted by her startled yelp as the Devil's Eggs root through her pockets with little concern for stealth or propriety.

"Pourriez-vous faire en sorte que votre Pokemon s'arrête?" she asks desperately, holding tight to her pockets against the Exeggcute's psionic clutching.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leading the way down the hallway, the sounds of insects around Jim and Frederick dim until only the chirp-chirp call of a cricket can be faintly heard around them.

Pushing open a doorway, Frederick waves Jim into a training room, a rather basic battling field with painted lines on the floor separating the room into four quadrants, with adjacent boxes on each end for the Trainers to stand in. Taking their places, each trainer takes a deep breath, and sends out their Pokemon.

As Lotty and Eli enter the field, Jim's opponent sends a pair of Pokeballs spiraling out himself, bursting in an identical flash of silken web as they disgorge their inhabitants.

"Va! Chenipain! Dartgarçon! Fais de ton mieux!" Frederick shouts, encouragingly.

At the other side of the field, a green caterpillar-like Pokemon and another, very similar creature, albeit with an orange complexion and a large spike on its head, shake themselves out and lower their heads in twin shows of battle-readiness.

Bug Catcher Frederick sent out Caterpie and Weedle!

Richter, Aleksandr

"I would have just said that the situation... sucks," the laptop user puns blandly to Richter blandly as her Magnemite hovers close once more, buzzing with irritation. "But whatever, no harm, no foul."

"Not on the League Challenge," she replies to Aleksandr, snapping her computer closed. "Seeing some friends, maybe finding some work. I travel a lot."

Marshmallow on
    edited July 2017

"I have enjoyed travelling," Aleksandr offers, before being interrupted by the 'bing' of his Pokédex. Seeing that the TM upload is completed, he picks up Volnoy's ball, and thumbs the release. "Show me what you have learned. But restrained, please," he asks.

Volnoy responds by clenching a fist with a rather wide, toothy grin. A sheen of ice forms around it, which then extends into a sharp spike. The Buizel pulls his arm back, and mimes a few enhanced punches with the augmented fist. "Bui," is his simple, honest appreciation.

Volnoy learned Ice Blade! [Physical/Ice/Offensive] 1XP Spent.

"I am here for the Challenge. I hope you enjoy your time with friends and find interesting work," he says, as politely as possible.

Aleksandr is not especially good with people.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    ~ Santalune Gym ~:whistle:

Jim recognizes the Caterpie right away, but not the other one. "Huh... who're you?" he asks, flipping open his Dex for the basics. "Never mind that, what matters is it's time to battle!" He punches the air excitedly. "Two on two, let's party!"

He takes a ready position, feet well apart and right hand, clenched into a fist, right by his chest, almost as though he were about to fight himself."Eli, start things off with an Ember attack!" Eli glances back at him for a moment, unsure. "Oh, uhh... right! Ember on the Caterpie! Lotty, don't let them double up on Eli! Keep the orange one distracted with a Flail attack!" He glances down at the Pokedex in his left hand. "The Weedle, I guess it's called!" He closes the device and pockets it, readying both hands for... something.

Both Pokemon acknowledge the commands, Eli rather more enthusiastically. Twirling his wick around in a circle, he quickly gathers a hefty sized flame attack, and throws it roughly in the direction of the Caterpie, saturating the field around the bug with weak flames. Lotty flops over onto her side and uses her most powerful muscle, her tail, to start flapping towards the Weedle. When she gets adequately close, she takes aim at the other bug with her tail fin and gives it a wet smack across the cheek.

Eli used Ember on Caterpie, and Lotty shifted to Weedle's quadrant and used Flail!