The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Poké] PKMN - A League Of Your Own

1679111214

Posts

  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~ Perle Fountain (Route 4) ~

    Jim overhears everyone else shouting in the maze. "Huh, guess they've had some good luck there too." He glances at his Pokedex and pulls up a description of a Riolu. "Cute little thing." He shrugs. "Anyway, sounds like they're having fun. Probably best if we go meet up with them. Hey, you think maybe they'll have a nice easy battle with us and we can work on getting our pal Feebas used to fighting?"

    Eli looks at him warily. From what he's witnessed of this group they've signed on with, an 'easy battle' isn't very likely. No doubt they've gotten themselves wick-deep in trouble and need proper help from a capable young fire-type. Ooh, perhaps if they hurry, they'll get to watch! Maybe the weasel will get punched! Eli's wary eye turns to determined grin as he nods in agreement, beckoning Jim with an impatient "Lii!" as he floats off towards the maze.

    "Woah there, slow down, buddy!" Jim calls after his companion, still carrying Feebas in his arms. "Hey guys, I'm coming over! You'll never guess what kind of super-awesome Pokemon I caught!"
    Well, I can always use Feebas's own exp to pump attack, right? Since SpA and Atk are equally low, there's no downside to boosting Atk and using the moves it already has rather than trying to find tms for special attacks and boosting SpA too. The only moves I can teach it are status/boost and status/harass. Harass seems preferable since it will stick around even if I switch out Feebas. Unless I only build Feebas for double battles and give it a SpA boost move to use on Eli... if that's possible. That would also mean putting all my eggs in one basket at a time where a single move can nearly oneshot Eli.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow All Places Are Alike To MeRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Either Flash Cannon harrasses special defense or the trapping move should be physical. Otherwise the two wouldn't have interacted in the fight...

    Flash Cannon is supposed to Harass Special Defense, yes. Not sure how I missed that earlier.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 7
    discrider wrote: »
    Either Flash Cannon harrasses special defense or the trapping move should be physical. Otherwise the two wouldn't have interacted in the fight...

    Flash Cannon is supposed to Harass Special Defense, yes. Not sure how I missed that earlier.

    Ok. Screech is [Status/Harass(SA)/Steel]

    discrider on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow All Places Are Alike To MeRegistered User regular
    Sounds good.

    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Aleksandr, Beatrix, Jim, Richter

    The group has enough time to work out their relative positions and meet up with one another, even the distant Jim. With his methodical race through the maze, Richter sooner or later makes contact as well, though whether he feels like he has enough time to chit-chat is, of course, up to him.

    It seems like any Wild Pokemon in the area have either been scared off, or are in hiding from the noise of the various trainers' chases and battles. You've got a free moment to share your separate adventures and introduce your newly acquired Pokemon (even if it's only by showing the screen of your Pokedex, in the likely case you don't trust them out and about just yet).

    Of the Pangoro and its hench Pokemon, there is no further sign as of yet. Even Richter's thorough combing of the corridors doesn't reveal anything amiss, though of course whatever he might've stumbled across could easily be hiding, using a superior knowledge of the maze to evade his line of sight, or may have simply vacated this maze for one of the other ones, what with this one being infested with several pesky trainers.

    What would you like to do?

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Well, I can always use Feebas's own exp to pump attack, right? Since SpA and Atk are equally low, there's no downside to boosting Atk and using the moves it already has rather than trying to find tms for special attacks and boosting SpA too. The only moves I can teach it are status/boost and status/harass. Harass seems preferable since it will stick around even if I switch out Feebas. Unless I only build Feebas for double battles and give it a SpA boost move to use on Eli... if that's possible. That would also mean putting all my eggs in one basket at a time where a single move can nearly oneshot Eli.

    If you can swing 4 Exp, you could put both Feebas' Attack and Special Attack at 2, which would give its Flail a respectable 4 damage with STAB (and be cheaper than raising its Attack to 3 for the same effect). That's sufficient to take notable chunks out of any low level Pokemon Stamina you find in these early routes, especially if you do combo it with a Defense Harasser.

    Boosts and Harasses sticks around for the length of the battle, even if the Pokemon is returned. The reason you'd choose one over another is less to have more control over whether it sticks around or not (as in the games), but whether you plan to be attacking more than one Pokemon over the course of the battle, when having a Boost on your own Pokemon that applies to everything it attacks is preferable, or if you are ganging up on a single Pokemon, in which case Harass is better since it lets you extend the advantage to your allies that attack the same target.

    tl;dr -Boost = better against hordes, Harass = better against solo encounters.

    It's possible to make Moves that give allied Pokemon buffs, but I haven't tried my hand at that yet in this system so that will likely entail another Style, or perhaps another Category of move altogether ('Support', maybe? So you could have something like Helping Hand as[Support/Boost(At)/Normal] to boost an Ally's Attacks stat?).

  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 7
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix – P [-][-] /K [-] /M- /N[-] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8


    Believing herself safe (well, at least until the others show up), Beatrix does another scan of the area, before tossing the recently captured mon's ball onto the ground.

    Well, time to meet the newest rookie, she thought to herself. If the Pancham would alert his gang, at least she'd have some 'muscle' of her own, in the form of group of plucky Pokémon trainers.

    As the Playful Pokémon materializes out of his ball, the young detective was already crouched. She offered a sincere smile, a well-meaning wave of her one hand, and a Poké toffee in the other. “Hey there, little guy! Or... is that, gal? Ummm... sorry about earlier. Heh.”

    Meanwhile, the Murkrow remains in the air, keeping an eye on matters below. The toffee’s bound to run out soon…
    Beatrix is going to say hi to her newest recruit!

    TiamatZ on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow All Places Are Alike To MeRegistered User regular
    edited July 7
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix

    Rapidly coalescing into its physical form from the flood of red energy released from its Pokeball, the Pancham crosses its tiny arms and gives Beatrix a harsh look while tapping its foot, awaiting a good explanation for its ambush, subsequent beating, and capture.

    It must be some general quirk of psychology that makes most Pokemon willing to give an offending trainer a chance to explain their actions and make a better first impression, but lets not look a gift Horsea in the mouth just yet.

    Marshmallow on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    When Al gets to the last hedge, rather than walk around, he takes a running start, pushes off a handy direction post, and vaults over the greenery smoothly. He lands in a crouch, one leg and arm spread to the side stylishly, while Volnoy, still perched on his shoulder, mirrors the pose with an added toothy grin.

    He straightens up, dusts himself off, and saunters towards Bea and the new addition to her team. He seems about to ask some questions, but when he sees that the detective is becoming acquainted with the Pancham, he stops short. He places a fingertip on Volnoy's nose to hold the Buizel back.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 10
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix – P [-][-] /K [-] /M- /N[-] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8


    Beatrix glances and skims through this Pancham's information on her Dex. "Well... err... where to begin? Sorry for... emm... ambushing you like that. Guess these legs weren't just made for walking, heh?" She coughs at her own attempts at humor. "Yeah...uhh... normally I'd rather have it fair game, but when I saw you running away, and those series of punches on my partner later, I kinda well... panicked. I mean, in your shoes... uh, well... paws, wouldn't you have done the same? I mean… if you had a boss or leader who had the best intentions for you, wouldn't he also step in and help you out, right?"

    Finally deciding that he’d have enough for the open air (at least for now) the Murkrow glides down towards the others, before landing casually on Beatrix’s shoulder. He merely gives a glancing pass at the Russian trainer and his less than impressive otter rival, before looking back at the Pancham beneath him. The Murkrow crowed matter-of-factly to the new recruit.
    MDP198.png "You got whacked 'cuz you're weak."

    Whether the Pancham understood him or not with his jab didn't matter to the smug avian. Well, neither did the young woman understood what Moriarty just said either. She hoped the Pancham would at least listen to her more so than to her uncouth partner.

    "Still, you have one heckuva right hook there. When I saw the number you did on Moriarty here, even I got scared then and there. Can't blame a dame for saving her partner, can ya?" The Murkrow merely harrumphs (well, as bird Pokemon could) at her remark. Moriarty chirps in.
    MDP198.png "He didn't hit THAT hard..."

    Only noticing Alex and his trusty sea otter Pokemon, Beatrix waves at them. "Heya, Al! Look what we found in the maze! What about you? Got anything cool?"

    TiamatZ on
    Tommy2Hands
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ~ Perle Fountain - Route 4~

    Richter stops the clock as he and North emerge from the maze.
    "An impressive time!", he announces, showing North the screen.
    North squints at the Pokédex.
    There is indeed a time displayed.
    It slowly dawns on Richter.
    "or at least, a new personal best! And I'm sure that it's in strong competition with those other times that other people have recorded completely mapping this place."

    Looking around, it seems like the others are all still in the maze, and that this exit is located near the central fountain of the route.
    It would probably be an easy matter to find them, now that he's familiar with the maze layout.
    But they have to emerge at some point, and the fountain is a good spot for a rest.

    Richter walks over to the fountain, and unceremoniously knocks North off his back into the basin.
    North bubbles a bit in surprise.
    "Well, you were dirty and heavy. What'd you expect?", jests Richter, sticking out his tongue.
    North responds in turn by trying to splash Richter, but the basin is deep, and so he winds up just flailing his arms underwater, kicking up a cloud of mud.

    Moving around the fountain, Richter draws some water for himself.
    The water is pleasantly cold.
    So after splashing his face and taking a drink, he puts his back against the fountain and feels the exhaustion leave him.

    The Pokédex is flashing.
    Closing the timer, Richter notices that it has brought up all the information on the Klefki.
    "Ok.."
    A prompt pops up as he goes to close that.
    Do you want to give Klefki a nickname?
    "Hey North? What's a good name for a Pokémon?"
    The fountain emits a single loud *POP*, and the mud cloud starts trailing towards Richter's voice.
    "I'm putting in Keyanu. Because it's a key-ring."
    The fountain bubbles frantically.
    "Do you think it'd be better with an I instead of an E Y?"
    There is some loud thumping as North attempts to scale the side of the fountain.
    "Okay, it's in. I put in E Y because otherwise it might not be obvious enough."
    The bubbling trails off.

    Richter looks over the side of the fountain at the disappointed Geodude.
    "Well it looks like you're clean now."
    As he starts reaching over the side of the fountain, he notices all the coins littering its floor and stops.
    "Actually..."

    North looks around and winces.
    What was once a geometric pattern now has Geodude size footprints disrupting it.
    Or buttprints more accurately.

    "Okay North, I've got another move to teach you.
    We're going to work on increasing your Defense.
    So what I'm going to need you to do, is make yourself as magnetic as possible."


    North bubbles in protest.
    "Oh come on, North. This is the perfect setup!
    You're looking to attract as many coins as possible and stick them all over your body."

    More bubbles. Richter continues.
    "At the very least, if you can pull your body in on itself, it should make you denser and harder to crack.
    And the coins will help show you where you need to focus more!"

    North crosses his arms.
    "If you do it, I'll dry you off...", Richter sings, teasing North with the woolen rag.
    North sighs.

    Standing in the middle of the basin, North turns to face his trainer.
    "Ok, lets get this show started. Go!"
    North concentrates and immediately coins start flicking towards him.
    Arms outstretched, North focuses on different parts of his body in turn, and coins accumulate where he focuses.
    Richter watches approvingly.
    "So you're getting coins in different spots, but it's not really a full coverage.
    Perhaps you need to concentrate harder?"

    North nods, closing his eyes.
    More coins fly. Standing on edge, they cover the Pokémon in a more dense grid like fashion.
    But still there are large holes between all those points.
    "That's not really working. Try rotating the field through your body."
    This works better. The coins shift to cover large parts of the Pokémon's midriff, although the coins are still sticking to stripes around the Pokémon's body.

    "Okay, eyes open look at me."
    North grits his teeth as he continues to hold the pattern.
    "You have to rotate the rotation too."
    Richter raises his arms above the water.
    "Rotate the field in the direction I tell you, and try to keep up."
    "Up."
    Nothing happens.
    "Right."
    The lines of coins shift, sweeping across the Pokémon's face to form new vertical lines.
    "Down."
    Another quarter turn and the coins are back to where they started.
    "Left."
    North spits a coin back out of his mouth.
    "Hopefully this should get better as we get faster."

    "Okay, Up!"

    "Right!"

    "Down!"

    "Left!"

    "Up!"
    "Right!"
    "Down!"
    "Left!"
    "Up! Right!, "Down!", "Left!"
    "Up! Right!, "Down!", "Left!"
    "Up! Right!, "Down!", "Left!"
    "Ok! Keep going!"

    North groans as the coins stabilise.
    Instead of chasing each other around his body, they finally settle where they are.
    Richter reaches in and smooths a clump of coins across North's arm.
    They stick there, instead of grouping back together.
    "You have it North!", beams Richter, as the Electric Pokémon continues to strain under the pressure.
    "Let's get you up here how it worked."

    North grabs Richter's hand, exhausted.
    Flopping onto the ground, North lies inert as Richter starts tapping him.
    Has he turned a shade of brown?, Richter wonders flipping him over.

    "Uh."
    Richter rights North and starts rubbing him down with the back of his lab coat.
    "It looks like you did so well, you're more durable than ever! Good job!", says Richter hurriedly.
    Switching to the rag, he continues to buff the rock Pokémon, trying to forget the fingerprints now imprinted on North's back.

    North learned Electroplate! [Status/Boost(Def)/Electric]
    North gained +1 Defense!

    MarshmallowTiamatZTommy2HandsRawkking Goodguy
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I write waaaaaay too much. That post took me like an hour and a half.

  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~ Perle Fountain (Route 4) ~

    Jim joins Al and Bea in the maze, glancing down at the new acquisition and pulling out his Dex for a quick scan. "Oh yeah, Pancham, I think I've seen them around Alola. They do pack a wallop!" He indicates the fish he's carrying under his left arm. "Not quite as cool as what I've caught though. Can you believe it? Some bozo must've left her in the fountain! Well, his loss is my gain!" He slides the Pokedex into his pocket and lifts the Feebas up to his face. "Hmm... she still needs a name, though. What do you think of Charlotte? She'd go by Lotty of course!"

    He realizes that the Pancham doesn't seem entirely happy to be there. "Hey, something bugging your pal? If I didn't know any better, I'd guess you caught him without his permission!"

    Elijah, meanwhile, is despondent when he arrives at the scene. Not only is there no-one in need of a good Ember-ing, but that weasel is decidedly un-punched! This is the worst day ever! He leans forward in sadness and turns to leave before Jim notices and calls him back over. Oh, well. Perhaps something interesting will still happen.

  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 9
    oh god are Alex and pidgey dead? I have not have a single chance to catch up yet


    sorry for the absence guys, life has been incredibly busy as of late. just to update, the SO is fine, they've just been going through a rough patch in their recovery. the heart procedure they underwent literally involved creating an un-stichable wound on the inside of the right ventricle, so I've just been taking care of them while they heal and get used to not having to constantly worry about having heart palpitations. unfortunately, this healing process does involve a lot of random heart rhythms I guess, so it's hard to tell the difference between pre and post op. All in all though, they're doing much better lately. unfortunately, combined with my work schedule, things have been extra extra busy



    @Marshmallow, is there any way you and I could hook up sometime in #voltage to retcon some stuff for what happened immediately following Sycamore's lab?

    I'll see if I can't read everything that I missed this afternoon/evening and maybe make some kind of post later tonight or tomorrow!

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
    discriderTerrendosMarshmallowTiamatZRawkking Goodguy
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    oh god are Alex and pidgey dead? I have not have a single chance to catch up yet


    sorry for the absence guys, life has been incredibly busy as of late. just to update, the SO is fine, they've just been going through a rough patch in their recovery. the heart procedure they underwent literally involved creating an un-stichable wound on the inside of the right ventricle, so I've just been taking care of them while they heal and get used to not having to constantly worry about having heart palpitations. unfortunately, this healing process does involve a lot of random heart rhythms I guess, so it's hard to tell the difference between pre and post op. All in all though, they're doing much better lately. unfortunately, combined with my work schedule, things have been extra extra busy



    @Marshmallow, is there any way you and I could hook up sometime in #voltage to retcon some stuff for what happened immediately following Sycamore's lab?

    I'll see if I can't read everything that I missed this afternoon/evening and maybe make some kind of post later tonight or tomorrow!

    Presumably Alex and Pidgey are on Route 4 with the rest of us somewhere. We've all been training and catching new Pokemon, so you haven't missed much.

    Tommy2Hands
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow All Places Are Alike To MeRegistered User regular
    Marshmallow, is there any way you and I could hook up sometime in #voltage to retcon some stuff for what happened immediately following Sycamore's lab?

    For sure, I'm usually available late morning/early afternoon PST, but I can try and make arrangements for other times if that works better (maybe anyway, I'm covering someone's vacation this week so work is hectic).

    The rest of the group has generally had a wild encounter, and got an additional 5 Exp for 'defeating' it one way or another, so any scene sufficient to get you another Pokemon on the team and earn some Exp will do the trick to get you caught up, whether you prefer that to be through exploring Lumiose backalleys for stray/urban-adapted Pokemon, or something more traditionally-minded on Route 4 where the others are at.

    Not sure where things are headed now though, whether the group wants to stick around Route 4 and solve the Pangoro mystery, find more wild Pokemon to train on/with, or head as planned to Santalune and return later (or to other adjacent routes) after getting their bearings.

    As mentioned, splitting up is fine. It actually seemed easier to run four separate encounters than it was to run the big Professor battle (maybe because I was spending 15 minutes on each small reply rather than 1-2 hours on one big one).

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    Aleksandr takes another moment to look over the Pancham, noting the posture and apparent displeasure at the situation, and pats a fresh, plain Pokéball on his belt. "We encountered a Riolu. Borzoi took too long playing with it, and it managed to Sword Dance to bruisertown in short order. She needs work, there. Maybe teaching her some more focused attacking moves, rather than her admittedly efficient defensive playtime techniques." He nods towards the Pancham, and raises his eyebrows. "Sounds powerful, if a Fighting type almost took out a Flier."

    Volnoy waves a fist at Moriarity, then raises his eyebrows, similarly to Al's expression. "Bui BUI, bui! Bui, zel zel!" he exclaims.
    MDP418.png Fighter almost got you? Hah! You need to train if you're having trouble with WILD 'mons. Maybe I should show you the ropes sometime, bird!

    The blond youth regards the screen on his Pokédex again, then makes a decision. "Sila," he says, triumphantly. "The word for strength and power in my language." He punches in his Riolu's nickname, then nods in satisfaction.

    "Oh, hello Jim," he says, turning as the other youth enters. "Where is Richter? I hear much noise from the fountain. Also, Alex. Ah. Yes."

    He turns back to his Pokédex, and sends a message to Alex. It looks like his 'dex upgrade included contact details for the other challengers.

    'We're on Route Four, heading to Santalune Forest. Want us to wait for you by the fountain?'
    Hope things are going okay there, Tommy!

    Training notes: Volnoy wants to learn Ice Punch at some point - would I need anything specific to get an Ice type physical move?

    Borzoi should learn some sort of buff/debuff oriented Ground move, like Bulldozer. I'll do that next time we have some training time free.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    Tommy2Hands
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow All Places Are Alike To MeRegistered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Training notes: Volnoy wants to learn Ice Punch at some point - would I need anything specific to get an Ice type physical move?
    Nope, though it's always a good idea to try and insert some rationalizing for a non-STAB move you intend to learn - An environment conducive to the element, another Pokemon of that type to show it the ropes, a tutor of some sort to give a helping hand. Nothing particularly costly or onerous, but just a way to keep the game nicely versimilitudinous.

    Kay
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 9
    Marshmallow, is there any way you and I could hook up sometime in #voltage to retcon some stuff for what happened immediately following Sycamore's lab?

    For sure, I'm usually available late morning/early afternoon PST, but I can try and make arrangements for other times if that works better (maybe anyway, I'm covering someone's vacation this week so work is hectic).

    The rest of the group has generally had a wild encounter, and got an additional 5 Exp for 'defeating' it one way or another, so any scene sufficient to get you another Pokemon on the team and earn some Exp will do the trick to get you caught up, whether you prefer that to be through exploring Lumiose backalleys for stray/urban-adapted Pokemon, or something more traditionally-minded on Route 4 where the others are at.

    Not sure where things are headed now though, whether the group wants to stick around Route 4 and solve the Pangoro mystery, find more wild Pokemon to train on/with, or head as planned to Santalune and return later (or to other adjacent routes) after getting their bearings.

    As mentioned, splitting up is fine. It actually seemed easier to run four separate encounters than it was to run the big Professor battle (maybe because I was spending 15 minutes on each small reply rather than 1-2 hours on one big one).
    if you wanna just send me a PM on here next time that you're on and available, I'll set my phone to receive notifications. I usually check the IRC later in the afternoon and evening because I have no real life outside of my home right now, but I could definitely be available between 9 and 1 pst tomorrow. thanks again marsh

    I figure Alex maybe went exploring the city for more urbane mons and is just a little late catching up with everyone?

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Marshmallow, is there any way you and I could hook up sometime in #voltage to retcon some stuff for what happened immediately following Sycamore's lab?

    For sure, I'm usually available late morning/early afternoon PST, but I can try and make arrangements for other times if that works better (maybe anyway, I'm covering someone's vacation this week so work is hectic).

    The rest of the group has generally had a wild encounter, and got an additional 5 Exp for 'defeating' it one way or another, so any scene sufficient to get you another Pokemon on the team and earn some Exp will do the trick to get you caught up, whether you prefer that to be through exploring Lumiose backalleys for stray/urban-adapted Pokemon, or something more traditionally-minded on Route 4 where the others are at.

    Not sure where things are headed now though, whether the group wants to stick around Route 4 and solve the Pangoro mystery, find more wild Pokemon to train on/with, or head as planned to Santalune and return later (or to other adjacent routes) after getting their bearings.

    As mentioned, splitting up is fine. It actually seemed easier to run four separate encounters than it was to run the big Professor battle (maybe because I was spending 15 minutes on each small reply rather than 1-2 hours on one big one).
    if you wanna just send me a PM on here next time that you're on and available, I'll set my phone to receive notifications. I usually check the IRC later in the afternoon and evening because I have no real life outside of my home right now, but I could definitely be available between 9 and 1 pst tomorrow. thanks again marsh

    I figure Alex maybe went exploring the city for more urbane mons and is just a little late catching up with everyone?
    Find a Rattata or a Meowth or a Trubbish or Espurr or Flabébé and make them into a WIZARDMON, HARRY.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    MarshmallowTommy2HandsTiamatZ
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Marshmallow, is there any way you and I could hook up sometime in #voltage to retcon some stuff for what happened immediately following Sycamore's lab?

    For sure, I'm usually available late morning/early afternoon PST, but I can try and make arrangements for other times if that works better (maybe anyway, I'm covering someone's vacation this week so work is hectic).

    The rest of the group has generally had a wild encounter, and got an additional 5 Exp for 'defeating' it one way or another, so any scene sufficient to get you another Pokemon on the team and earn some Exp will do the trick to get you caught up, whether you prefer that to be through exploring Lumiose backalleys for stray/urban-adapted Pokemon, or something more traditionally-minded on Route 4 where the others are at.

    Not sure where things are headed now though, whether the group wants to stick around Route 4 and solve the Pangoro mystery, find more wild Pokemon to train on/with, or head as planned to Santalune and return later (or to other adjacent routes) after getting their bearings.

    As mentioned, splitting up is fine. It actually seemed easier to run four separate encounters than it was to run the big Professor battle (maybe because I was spending 15 minutes on each small reply rather than 1-2 hours on one big one).
    if you wanna just send me a PM on here next time that you're on and available, I'll set my phone to receive notifications. I usually check the IRC later in the afternoon and evening because I have no real life outside of my home right now, but I could definitely be available between 9 and 1 pst tomorrow. thanks again marsh

    I figure Alex maybe went exploring the city for more urbane mons and is just a little late catching up with everyone?
    Find a Rattata or a Meowth or a Trubbish or Espurr or Flabébé and make them into a WIZARDMON, HARRY.
    Catch a Pidove because Pidgey got lost in a flock.

    Tommy2Hands
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 10
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix – P [-][-] /K [-] /M- /N[-] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8

    The young lass looks oddly at Jim.

    “Last I checked trainers didn’t need permission from wild Pokémon to catch them. It’s like… half of their mantra. Just like that one song that was hugely popular back in the… Kanto region? How does it go again?” Beatrix scratches her head, trying to remember the lyrics from an old music video that originated from the Kanto region. A few years ago (after the Team Plasma Casle incident, coincidentally) it made the rounds on the web of Unova and caused a surge of popularity with Kanto's Pokemon population. Some even joked the video was just another reason why non-Unovan Pokemon were imported and started colonizing their new home. Since then, it's achieved memetic status amongst Unovans. Even then, Beatrix watched it on a lark. It had quite a catchy (pun intended) tune though.

    “Something something… Catch them is my real test. To train them is my …cause?” She still keeps her one hand with the toffee out towards the Pancham, just to be courteous.

    Moriarty notices the Buizel, and ruffles his feathers in disgust, followed by a barrage of “Krow”, “Mur” and “Murkrow”.
    MDP198.png Please, kid got lucky, is all. If by ropes... you mean savin' reckless mutts from drownin' in hilarious style? Don't worry. You'll be the first one i'll ask.

    Beatrix notices the cacophonous exhange was directed at Al's buizel, and tries to calm the Murkrow. “Shush, Moriarty. We already got an aggravated Pancham here. Let’s not try and antagonize it AND the others too, okay?” She regarded Alex’s words about the fighter and how easy it was to harm her Murkrow. She had to admit that Moriarty WAS quite fragile, and that had to be resolved. And if a fighting type did that much harm to him, she wondered what would happen if a type like Elecrtic would do to him. Maybe some training in Santalune should be in order…

    TiamatZ on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    After adding the finishing touches to Sila's custom Pokédex notes, Aleksandr looks between Jim and Bea again. That's when he notices 'Lotty'.

    "Feebas? Here? Is there a stream, or just the fountain? I do not think they are native to Kalos, though you think they would be popular with people here with Milotic's looks." The exchange between Volnoy and Moriarty seems to have another few interjections on the way, until Aleks taps Volnoy's pointing paw, and shakes his head sternly. Volnoy frowns at Al, then turns back to Moriarty, and sternly shakes his head, too. "Volnoy, do you think Borzoi's nose could be trained to track? She is a Rockruff, after all. Tracking would be useful if we wanted to find... a Ralts. Have either of you two seen any sign of such a Pokémon around here?" he asks the detective and the master of the elements.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    "Well, no, it's not like a rule or anything," Jim admits to Bea. "And truth be told I might be inclined to do the same on occasion. But I feel like gaining consent first helps with the training process." He kneels down to the Pancham. "What a cute little fella, though. I bet Borzoi would get along really well with it."

    "Nah, like I said, they left her in the fountain. There's some of them in Alola, I think, seen them a couple of times back there. Not sure about Kalos," Jim confirms. In response to Al's question, Jim punches up info on Ralts from his Dex. "Nope, definitely not seen one of those." He scans down the information on file. "Sounds like they're tough to find and tougher to catch, what with the spooky Psychic powers. If you want to catch one, that's cool and all, but aren't you worried about spreading yourself too thin? You catch too many Pokemon, there won't be time to train them all."

  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 10
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix – P [-][-] /K [-] /M- /N[-] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8

    It was when Alex pointed out the Feebas, that the young woman looks up and notices the... very ugly fish Pokémon. “Oh hey, a Feebas? I remember them; they were introduced in Unova four years ago. People started fishing them out rivers near Nuvema Town, if I recall correctly. Folks mistook them for mutated Basculin at first. Man, those were strange times.”

    At Alex’s question, she merely shrugged. “Unless a Ralts is seven foot tall, then I got nothing… Oh! But do watch out, there’s an embarrassment (or would a bamboo be appropriate?) of Pancham moving around in this maze. Ran into them by accident. Looked as though they were looking for some bipedal canine-like Pokémon that had a thing for… punching, if I recall correctly?” If the Pancham she caught showed any interest to what she just said, she merely looks at him hopelessly. “Sorry, lil' guy. It looked at first that they were concerned about you, but when I told them you disappeared, they shifted their priorities quickly to the canine Pokémon more so than you. I was going to release and return you to them, but they all ran ahead of me before I could do it. I doubt they'd come back even if I did.” She couldn’t tell if she was speaking the truth or telling a lie. She really would have done the right thing there and then, but she couldn’t just return the Pancham to a potential life of crime(?). She wondered if she could guide this Pancham to more constructive opportunities.

    "He IS pretty cute, I gotta admit. Hmm..." Reminded what the Pangoro leader did to her earlier, she tries to pet the Pancham on the head.

    TiamatZ on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    "One of the best ways to train is with other Pokémon," Al posits. "Volnoy is good for teaching basic battle techniques and etiquette, then good for demonstrating power and speed exercises. Borzoi... will take some work before she can contribute much, but she has a talent for hindering the enemy and reducing their effectiveness. All 'mons have something to teach their friends. There is more to training than bludgeoning wild 'mons until they leave, though in honesty, that may be your best route with a Feebas. There is another way to train and evolve Feebas, but I would need to read up on it again."

    Al then takes Volnoy in his arms, and places him on the ground gently. "You would be able to help train the Feebas to dodge attacks, and very well, yes?"

    Volnoy looks at Aleksandr, over to the Feebas, then gestures with both paws and a rather expansive shrug, with a barrage of 'Bui!'s. He then twirls one paw by his temple for a moment, before miming choking himself and passing out with his tongue lolling from his mouth.

    "Too hard for you?"

    "BUI," interrupts Aleksandr before he can finish, and Volnoy hops to his feet while crossing his arms in front of him and gesticulating a cross-chopping negative. He then prods a thumb and his chest, then folds his arms. "Bui." He got this.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow All Places Are Alike To MeRegistered User regular
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    Beatrix's recently acquired Pancham stoically refuses to acknowledge her dangling bribe of toffee, but instead follows the conversation between her and the others uncanny understanding, eyes flicking back and forth from under frowning brows to keep an eye on the speaking trainers and Pokemon.

    While Moriarty's squawked nettling doesn't seem to have much effect on the Pokemon's composure, it does seem like its getting increasingly fidgety with all the trainers and their Pokemon around. Perhaps its not at home in crowds, which might explain why it was separated from the Pangoro and other Pancham, or maybe it simply doesn't like feeling like a lone outsider when surrounded by so many potential unfriendlies. Nonetheless, its current watch-and-wait acquiescence is a good sign for the Junior Detective's prospects of earning a pal. If the Playful Pokemon objected deeply to its situation, she would be quickly aware of it. Pokemon aren't shy when it comes to acting out when they're displeased by their current straits.

    It tolerates her headpat with little more than an odd look at its new Trainer. She'll just have to keep working at it until she can figure the tiny critter's personality and motivations out a bit more thoroughly.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow All Places Are Alike To MeRegistered User regular
    edited July 11
    Ping! Exeggcute was caught!
    =============
    Name:
    Species: Exeggcute
    Type: Grass/Psychic
    Exp: 0/15
    =============
    Loyalty: Neutral
    Demeanor: Delinquent
    Need: Warmth, Water, and Sunlight
    Quirk: Little respect for personal space/belongings
    =============
    Weak: Bug, Dark, Fire, Ice
    Resist: Electric, Fighting, Grass, Ground, Psychic, Water
    =============
    Moves:
    Hypnosis [Status/Harassing(Sp)/Psychic]
    Leech Seed [Special/Regenerating/Grass]
    Bullet Seed [Special/Ranged/Grass]
    =============
    Stamina: 6
    =============
    HP - 2 At - 1 Df - 3
    Sp - 2 SA - 3 SD - 1
    =============
    Assists: [Telekinetic], [Hivemind]
    =============

    New Style!

    Regenerating
    The User is given the REGEN status, and recovers 1 Stamina at the the start of their turn for their next three turns. A Pokemon may only be affected by one Regenerating Move at a time, additional uses will only reset the length of time the Status persists on the User.

    New Assist!
    Hivemind
    This Pokemon may split up into its six component parts, while individually weak as the dickens, each member can see and hear independently, and transmit thoughts to each other via their telepathic link, making them excellent scouts and spies.

    Marshmallow on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    Make it an Alolan Exeggcute so it turns into a silly dragon coconut tree when it evolves
    Edit: where silly obviously means awesome

    discrider on
    Tommy2Hands
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    "I suppose that makes sense," Jim concedes to Al. "Plus, there's some wicked diversity around here!" He flips through his Pokedex looking at recorded sightings in the area. "I mean, I've only heard of maybe half of these! I bet a trainer could build a balanced team just with the species you find around here."

    "Anyway, seems like the maze is kinda dead? Think I'll head into the flowers on my way to Santalune, maybe hit an easy battle for Lotty. If I see a... uhh...." he glances down at his Pokedex again, "...a Ralts..." (it's evident that he's sounding out the word) "...I'll either call you, Al, or I'll just catch it for you. That is, unless there was something else we were going to do instead of splitting back up?"
    Kay, not sure what you mean by the other way to train and evolve Feebas. Are you talking about maxing Beauty in-game? I don't know that that's a viable option here. Since evolution specifically doesn't give any mechanical benefit other than "rebuild your Pokemon from formula with all the exp it has accumulated" we can usually evolve whenever we feel like it. Feebas is the first Pokemon I've seen in PKMN that's got restrictions preventing it from evolving.

  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    ~The Day Before~

    Having spoken with some trainers at the Pokemon Center about the wonders of the city and some of the more interesting pokemon to be found in it, Alex set off on a quest! A quest which turned into mostly to taking pictures and being refused access to some of the more famous fashion boutiques in the city, though it was initially a quest to find friends and perhaps help an abandoned 'mon or two.

    With the sun setting on the horizon, Alex quickly became lost on the way back to his temporary abode.
    ~ Trash-Strewn Alleyway (Lumiose City) ~

    It's an unfortunate fact of big cities, even ones as fashionable as Lumiose, that you end up with forgotten corners and unregarded edges. Second-class streets and alleyways where the detritrus and trash pile up depsite the best efforts of beautification councils and refuse management unions. It is in one such place that the wandering Alex has found himself, plumbing the secret depths of the city while keeping an eye out for... who knows what. In the lengthy shadows cast by the tall buildings overhead in the late evening sunlight, a pile of trash trembles and shakes as something moves nearby. Dare he investigate?

    Alex, accompanied by a weird-looking gogoat, looks around the alley before spying the moving garbage pile. "I think we got lost, Pidgey. That's half the fun of exploring though, right?" Pidgey gives it's best approximation of a shrug. Not to be put off by his partner's apathy, he investigates the pile.

    Approaching the pile of treacherously stacked garbage, Alex maneuvers to get a better look at things. Nestled neatly in between a pair of bulging plastic bags is a familiar looking object to the Breeder - the round, slightly oval shape of a faded pink colored egg, perhaps just big enough to require two hands to hold properly.

    "oh GOD", Alex exclaims, diving for what he assumes is essentially an abandoned fetus. Grasping the object, he notes that it is warm and slightly porous on its surface, definitely an egg and not just something that looks like one.

    However, while he holds its, its gives of a soft cracking noise. Two identical cracks appear in the shell at its equator, shifting wider with each moment until they fully reveal a pair of predatory eyes that regard Alex. Behind him, Alex hears Pidgey chirp in alarm as five nearly identical Pokemon roll out from the piles of garbage, leering with their own sets of eyes, gouges cracking to form mouths as they speak as one.

    "Exeggcute!"
    [Wild Exeggcute appeared!]

    Alex pushes himself to his feet. "Hi there, friends. Sorry to disturb you all!" Doing a little circle, he addresses the group as he naively asks, "Were you looking for a battle?"

    As he says this, he reaches into his back pocket for his 'dex and tries to stealthily scan the collective pokemon

    Ignoring, or ignorant, of the Breeder's friendly demeanor, the eyes of the six assembled Exeggcute glow with a faint green light, and he feels his clothing and pockets being picked and plucked at with psychic power. Apparently they are just looking to shake him down for... Valuables? Food? This is an egg-mugging! Hauling up the data on what he's just encountered, Alex can read that these are Exeggcute, a single Pokemon formed out of six smaller individuals. When seperated, they are incredibly weak, but together they pool their powers to form a powerful gestalt psychic. Unlike their looks would imply, Exeggcute are closer to seeds than eggs, this individual (if you can call six creatures that) is the most common subspecies, a Grass/Psychic.

    "Interesting", Alex says as he reads the screen, apparently unbothered by the extrajudicial search. Pidgey, however, is fairly protective of her trainer, as the Exeggute find out very quickly from the receiving end of a [Pound].

    Pidgey sneak-ish attack nails one of the Egg-like Pokemon. Her slam doesn't seem to do much to the Pokemon's tough surface, beyond giving it a slight hairline crack. The blow however does manage to knock it into the pile of trash, leading to a rattle of cans and the subsequent toppling of the tower of bags, leading the other Exeggcute to take notice and cease their riffling through Alex's belongings.

    (Exeggcute took 2 stamina damage! Was Thrown into the Garbage!)

    Their eyes glowing with their signature green light, waves of soothing energy flow outwards from the assembled Exeggcute, attacking Pidgey's will to keep fighting as her eyelids begin to droop.

    (Exeggcute used Hypnosis! Pidgey's Speed Sharply fell!)
    (Exeggcute [||||--])
    (Pidgey [|||||||xx], -2 Sp)


    "Hey hey! Pidgey! It's alright, they were just...uh...well, whatever. I guess battling is a decent way to make friends! Push your advantage!", Alex says, no longer accosted by the psychic collective, "Give'em that shell-shock!" Pidgey advances on the group with another [Pound].

    Drowsy with the Exeggcute's influence, Pidgey is unable to react in time as the group clusters together and heave-hos a very tiny, but also round and pink, object at the Ditto. Impacting, the tiny seed immediately bursts into vines that begin to wind their way around Alex's Pokemon, sapping her energy. As she attempts to muster the energy to attack, the vines around her bloom into a small cloud of green motes, that quickly flee back to the collective of Exeggcute, invigorating them!

    (Exeggcute Regenerated! Exeggcute recovered 1 Stamina!)

    While the pile of pink pebbles mill and sway in unison, the amorphous Pidgey finally manages to extends a pseudopod to lazily whack-a-mole another egg into the pile of garbage.

    (Exeggcute took 2 stamina damage!)

    (Pidgey [|||||--xx] 5/7, -2 Sp)
    (Exeggcute (|||---) 3/6, REGEN)

    With the eggang distracted by the battle, Alex climbs onto a nearby pile of trash directly behind where the Exeggcute have been landing. Pidgey watches as he does so, and prepares to slam down another challenger. As Pidgey [pounds], Alex heaves a bag off of the pile and onto the wild pokemon. [Spending 2 Voltage to Damage a Pokemon]

    Forming up, the Exeggcute begin to rotate around one another at speed under the effects of their green-glimmer of telekinesis. As they reach their top speed, they begin flinging out tiny pink pellets, striking the ground with pinging noises and popping through bags of trash as they haphardly aim the rapid-fire spray at Pidgey.

    (Exeggcute used Bullet Seed! Pidgey took 2 damage!)

    Acting in unison, the Trainer-Pokemon pair show off (or rather don't show off, since its intended to surprise their foe) the power of teamwork. While Pidgey smashes another Exeggcute-member, Alex makes it rain, in pounds, so to speak. Swaying haphazardly and losing cohesion as their psychic links go offline one by one, the formidable exeggcute is rendered into nothing but a collection of six, rather dumb, eggs. Rolling around stupefied on the ground until they can reconnect themselves into one being again.

    (Exeggcute is Stunned!)
    (Exeggcute was Defeated!)
    (Pidgey gains 4 Exp! Alex gains 1 Trainer Exp!)

    "Hopefully Bea doesn't try to arrest us for poaching, right Pidge?", Alex says with a smile from attop the garbage. Pidgey sighs, tired. Pulling a ball from his messenger bag, Alex clicks the button at it's center before tossing it down at the group below. As the ball shakes, he climbs down.

    After a few buzzing shakes and jolts as the captive Pokemon attempts to, literally, pull itself together - the Pokeball clicks with a completed capture, and Alex's Pokedex pings in response as it collects and uploads the data on his catch.

    "Thanks for the assist, Pidgey, you're a sweetie. Let's try to find a Pokecenter and get you and these yolks healed up", he says with a smile, wiping some of the garbage off of the sleeve of his jacket, "A shower wouldn't be a bad idea, either."

    Pidgey bleats an appreciative response, following behind her trainer as the two find their way back to the center.

    unrelated to the above post, but I have added a new page to the wiki with everything that was in Marsh's sanctum nice and organized for individual use

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
    TiamatZ
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 11
    ~This Morning~
    Alex woke up and left the pokecenter in a blur with the rising of the sun. Forgetting to contact Al, he collects his newly acquired friend(s?) at the desk and heads out, onto the streets of Lumiose City.

    Some fog has collected across the streets of the city as Alex heads towards the route the others mentioned back in the lab.

    ~Route 5~

    Not wanting to venture out into the grass alone, Alex hangs by the gates to Lumiose City as he waits for the others. After a while with no sign of them, he shrugs to himself, reaching for and tossing out the balls encapsulating his two companions.

    Pidgey emerges from the light with a stretch and a yawn. The gang of exeggcute immediately is at attention. Looking over at Pidgey, who waves lazily, they individually shoot a look at Alex as if to ask what the big idea is.

    Kneeling to address the collective, Alex extends a hand filled to the brim with assorted berries he collected prior to his trip to Kalos.

    "These are in high demand here, or so I've heard. Think of them as foreign imports", the Breeder says with a smile.

    The small, half-dozen egg-seeds inspect the berries closely, before psychically distributing one of each to the six. Despite their hivemind, Alex notes that they each seem to have their own personalities, with some digging into the gifted berries while others hide them god knows where. Reassembling in front of Alex with a wary look towards Pidgey, they seem to collectively ask, "What next?"

    Alex, meanwhile, still seeing no sign of his newly-acquired human-friends, starts to walk over to the skatepark nearby. He gestures and Pidgey intuitively follows him.

    Seeing nothing to steal or ambush, the gang decides to follow along. Pidgey hangs back and sticks to the group, apparently either oblivious or ignorant of their reticence.

    "I'm honestly not one for in-the-field training, usually", Alex says, a little bit of jealousy in his voice. Sitting down and drooping his legs over the incline at the lip what someone more athletically inclined might call a pool, he continues, "I'm much better at planning dietary habits, researching optimal exercises. Never really been one to carry them out. But if even if the others don't show up--Pidgey, maybe you could train with our new gang a little?"

    The exeggcute seem to collectively show some offense at being referred to as "our gang", and turn to hop away.

    "Sorry! I meant..er...show them a good time? Yeah?"

    At the words "good time", the group looks over what would be their shoulders, seemingly interested.

    Pidgey, meanwhile, nods, happy to warm the group up a little. Looking around, the amorphous pokemon spies an abandoned bike chained to a rail on the other side of the park. With a flash, there is a similar bike before the gang of eggs, with the addition of a basket hanging from the handlebars with a curious smiling face on it's front.

    "'Cute!", the group responds, seeing what Pidgey intends. Hopping up into the basket, the group telekinetically moves the pedals on the pseudo-bike, as it may have seen various trainers in the city do, diving it down into the pool and around its curves, the warmth of the rising sun reaching them through the weaves of the basket.

    Alex smiles, laying back on the concrete with his hands behind his head as he thinks of names.

    _______________________

    Some time passes, and as the exeggcute flexes it's telekinetics, more than once does it accidentally manage to direct what appears to be some kind of psychic assault against its vehicle, causing Pidgey to fall over. Each time, Alex runs over, keen to make sure everyone is alright. The group seems to communicate that it wasn't their fault, must've been the "bike". After the third time, Alex starts to do some research on his 'dex before realizing.

    "Oh, duh. Psychic eggs. Figures. Hey you devils, over here!", Alex calls out from the entrance to the skatepark. Pidgey, visibly tired, pedals over on the accord of it's passengers.

    "So, even though you six are just playing around, it seems like you're just on the cusp of something here. Pidgey, if you can keep it up for just a bit longer, I want to see what happens if these guys try to split their focus. If half of you direct your telekinesis to maintain Pidgey's movement and the other half direct the rest of your energy at me, maybe we'll all learn a little something about how your abilities work!"

    At least one of the eggs looks off-put by this. Some seem interested, and the rest seem apathetic. With the majority in his favor, Pidgey pedals off towards the other side of the park, just as Alex begins to feel a...throbbing?...in his head. The throbbing starts to progress to a headache as his vision swims in front of him. He takes a knee, wondering if he bit off more than he could chew. Tumbling down the ramp, the bike turns to head back towards him and the pressure lets off as it comes to a stop. The gang hop out of the basket as Pidgey reforms and comes to Alex's side, evidently proud of themselves.

    His head spinning, Alex gets back onto his knees at the bottom of the ramp, shaking off some of the lingering affects of the psychic assault.

    "That was...that was really good, actually. We'll have to test it in battle, but you six already seem a little stronger than before", Alex says as he comes back to his senses. The group seems to hardly notice his compliment, though at least one seems to nod excitedly.

    [The Devil's Eggs Learned Confusion (Special/Harassing(SD)/Psychic)!]

    The group begins to probe Alex's pocket as he stands back up, finding the remainder of his berries and absconding with them while knocking a buzzing pokedex out of the same pocket. Alex reaches to pick the 'dex off the ground as Pidgey scoots after the gang.
    'We're on Route Four, heading to Santalune Forest. Want us to wait for you by the fountain?'

    "Oh. Oops."
    Reply wrote: »
    'Sorry, I went to the wrong route. Was wondering why no one was here. On my way.'

    "Come on guys, we're late!", the Breeder exclaims, recalling both the apathetic Exeggcute and the Ditto apparently chastising them for theft in a flash of light. He runs off towards the entrance, stopping by a pokecenter on the way only to pick up a few potions and antidotes for the traveling ahead.



    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
    Marshmallow
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    "Most likely, though there are many bug and grass types, with some fliers, in Santalune. But I assume you are holding out for an Electric type for your elemental trio, da?" Aleksandr inclines his head towards the Feebas again, and sucks air in through his teeth. "Notoriously hard to train and evolve. Must read about them," he says, reaching for his Pokédex just in time for a return ping.

    He checks the message.
    'Sorry, I went to the wrong route. Was wondering why no one was here. On my way.'

    "Ah, Alex is on the wrong route. He says he is coming now, shall we meet him at the fountain? I could perhaps speak to Sila there, maybe let Lotty and Volnoy swim in the fountain, rather than carry her like a handbag while we wait?" He nods towards Beatrix. "I think there is a conversation to be had with the Pancham, we can make use of the time while we wait for our last member.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 11
    ~Fountain (Route 4)~

    Richter idly pokes at the torpid Geodude beside him.
    Still harder than normal.
    No more mixing potions with mud I guess.

    Looking up from his drawing momentarily, he scans the area for signs of his traveling companions.
    Still no sign of them leaving the maze.
    Richter is happy to bask in his own intellect, but he's starting to get a tad concerned.

    I'll just finish this at least.
    He shifts in his seat against the fountain, and returns to his drawing.

    Keyanu stands amidst a field of chains, with annotations throughout.
    'Tension maintained despite disappearing chain length'
    'Moored to fabric of being?'
    'Centered on the target not on source.'
    'Where did the momentum go?'

    discrider on
    MarshmallowTommy2Hands
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 11
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix – P [-][-] /K [-] /M- /N[-] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8


    “Oh right, sure. The fountain’s a good place to wait up. At least then we won’t get ambushed.” She responds to Al, scrutinizing the maze around them with a sense of unease. “Wait! Alex, the guy with the strange doppelganger Pokémon, right? I was wondering what happened to him.”

    She heard both her fellow trainers’ thoughts on capturing more Pokémon on this Route. As much as she’d like to, Beatrix wasn’t really that troubled about not catching more ‘mons for her team. Most of the ones in this very Route (the Dex noted) didn’t really sway the young detective’s thoughts, and didn't look as though they would really help her out in her journey of becoming a detective. After seeing what a Pancham could evolve into, she figured this Pancham could serve as a good bruiser or intimidator for her team. The brawns to her brains, so to speak. Besides, she’d rather get to know more about her Pancham and start earning it's trust.

    She looks back at the Pancham. Finally deciding that it was male, she returned the sweet back into her pockets… or would have… had a certain black feathered avian NOT decide then and there to snatch it from her hands and promptly flew off. His loss, the gluttonous Pokémon thought to himself.

    “Hey, Moriarty! Don't get greedy now!” She stands up, a frown forming on her face at the Murkrow's action, her face puffed up with embarrassment. As the Murkrow flies towards the fountain, Bea looks back at the Pancham, the puffed up frown now transformed into an honest smile. “So, lil guy, you wanna tag along with us? We're heading to Santalune City! Sights to see and things to do! I'd bet it would be a dozen times better than hiding in this dank, messy maze!”

    A thought occurred to her. The fact the Playful Pokémon didn’t really felt perturbed by the loss of his former gang’s allegiance caused her to conclude that he must have been the loner of the gang. A lone wolf, as it were. Hmmm. She pulled out her Pokedex, and skimmed through its many apps. She made a note to contact the Professor sometime today or tomorrow. He might offer some advice on how to best convince and treat an introverted Pancham, she thought to herself. Once she found the Pancham's entry, she focuses on the Name section. After frenetically pressing five unique letters, she saves it and turns her gaze back to the little tyke.

    “You know what?” she said. She crouches down once more, not petting the Pancham on the head, but this time looking at him at eye level (or at least tries to, lack of elegance notwithstanding). Not as his better, but as an equal. “You need a name! How does Vance sound?”

    TiamatZ on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow All Places Are Alike To MeRegistered User regular
    edited July 11
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    The Pancham shrugs expressively at Beatrix's offer to travel with her and the group, before he raises a paw and waggles it indifferently. Secretly it seems at least a little pleased at being included.

    Returning the Junior Detective's following attempt at solidarity with a blank look, her offer of a nickname gets the incrutable Pokemon to plant a tiny fist into its other palm with a thump in true 'lets do this' fashion. Seems like Vance approves.

    Marshmallow on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    Al watches Bea and her new partner interact, then nods to her and Jim, before exiting the maze. He remembers the way... right?

    ~Fountain (Route 4)~

    "Borzoi, go play!" Aleksandr calls, aiming the Rockruff's ball at the fountain as he releases her. "Volnoy... make sure she behaves."

    The Buizel heaves a sigh, rolls his eyes heavenward, and shakes his head with a shrug as he follows the exuberant, barking, far-too-energetic Puppy Pokémon. The way his pace quickens and his crest rises as he splashes into the fountain in order to utterly SWAMP Borzoi with an assisted wave reveals his enjoyment at the inconvenience.

    Once he seems satisfied that the other two are engaged, Aleksandr sits by the side of the fountain with a spray-potion, and calls Sila forth to see how the Riolu's taking things.

    "Good morning," he says, offering the pain relief to the bruised Emanation Pokémon. "Sorry about the bump. You are an exceptionally powerful individual."

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 13
    ~Fountain (Route 4)~

    Panting, Alex stops his brisk jog as he exits the maze and approaches the fountain where Richter and Al are doodling and talking to some kind of small, karate dog. Doubling over for a moment to catch his breath, he waves to the crew.

    "H-hey, team. Good morning! Thank god someone made a hole through the side of that maze. Anyway, whaddid we miss?"

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~ The Fountain Again (Route 4) ~

    Jim is sitting by the fountain, not far from Al, playing with his new Fish. "Oh, hey Alex, took you long enough." He considers for a moment. "Let's see... I caught Lotty here, Al got the punch dog, Bea got a punch bear, think that's it." He glances over at Richter. "Oh yeah, Ricky found a set of keys. Anyway, who cares, let's go, gettin' bored! And if I'm getting bored," he says with a hint of caution, "Then Eli's been bored for much longer, and he gets arson-y when he gets bored. We heading to Santalune Forest right away, or taking a break in Santalune proper first?"

  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    ~Fountain (Route 4)~

    "Nice, nice. Some eggs tried picking my pocket yesterday in Lumoise, so I caught them. That means we're all up to two team members each, right?", Alex asks, apparently unaware of how confusing his initial statement might be.

    "I assumed we'd make a stop in Santalune City first, right? I hear they have a place that sells hats! Also, a gym that we should probably challenge I guess!"

    "Hey, is it weird that none of us have run into any other trainers? I mean, it's early, but I was over at route 5 a little while ago and that place was sorta empty near the entrance"

    Cdcniho.jpg
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 13
    Beatrix – P [-][-] /K [-] /M- /N[-] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8


    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    Satisfied her new recruit was pleased with his name, she looked back at the others making their way out of the maze. “Let’s make like a Combee and buzz off out of here. Sights to see and slights to fix.” She smiled.

    Starting with a brisk walk, she slowed down from time to time, making sure to stay close as possible to Vance.

    ~Fountain (Route 4)~

    Beatrix and Vance managed to find a bench close to the fountain. After the all the shenanigans she pulled in the maze, it was somewhat relaxing to finally catching a proper break. They watched the others what they were doing. The young detective pulls out her Pokedex, scanning all the Pokémon that were out, adding all their data to her knowledge base.

    Moriarty, in the meantime, was perched atop the clamperl statue overlooking the fountain. With no confections to be found, the Murkrow has reduced himself to his more primal need: shiny things!

    And what’s more shinier than the myriad of scattered coins littered underneath the fountain’s waters?

    His thoughts were on numerous schemes to retrieve the coins, without touching the water. Maybe find a large stick? Maybe steal a gardener's net or something? Then maybe scoop 'em up with said stick or net using my beak? Maybe fool that floating rock with the arms to help out? Get HIM to do all the dirty work! Yes... Good thing the water's still, makes it easier to concentrate on getting those shinies out. Who knows what would happen if...

    His plans were dashed once a very familiar looking sea otter Pokémon jumped into the fountain’s water, causing the once calm waters to ebb and flow erratically, distorting the reflection of the shiny coins. Moriarty regrettably sighs and merely ruffles his feathers. With his hopes on salvaging this plan, he decides to scan the Route from his vantage point, looking for other things of interest. Today was just not a productive day for the Murkrow. No treasures at all, just a measly pint size bear. What a bust.

    As their last party member arrived on the scene, Beatrix returns his wave with a friendly one of her own. With the Dex still in hand, the young lass scans through the map. “According to the map, Santalune City’s right in the middle between us and the forest, so we might as well stop there first. Besides, it’s not far off from here. Maybe an hour’s walk... or less if we jog."

    Alex’s remark on lack of trainers on the Route was a cause of concern. “Well, like you said, it’s still early. Not everyone’s early birds like us, I reckon. Then again, maybe something big’s happening in Santalune that’s holding the traffic. I agree with Jim; I think we should head off as soon as possible. At least get some lodgings and lunch before maybe taking on the Gym and/or see some sights." she answered, as she stretches her arms and back, stifling a yawn.

    Not to mention informing the Pokemon League of a rogue Pancham gang here in Route 4, she thought to herself.

    TiamatZ on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow All Places Are Alike To MeRegistered User regular
    ~ Perle Fountain (Route 4) ~

    Startled by the sudden release from its Pokeball, the Riolu quickly takes in its new surroundings and the approaching Ace Trainer. Apparently sensing his good intentions, the Pokemon relaxes just a bit, enough for Aleksandr to safely draw close and apply the medical spray.

    Slow-acting though it may be, the concoction is at least quick to dull any lingering ache in the bruises, and so the Riolu's trust is adequately rewarded. Aleksandr's subsequent praise doesn't seem to mean that much to the Pokemon, however, and it busies itself firmly staring at the nearby Pokemon and Trainers as they arrive. The Ace Trainer might need to utilize the help of his Buizel if he wants to communicate more in-depth with the un-intuitive Riolu.

    He might have to work to get its attention again, though, since when Beatrix arrives with her Pancham in tow, the two Pokemon's ears immediately perk up in recognition. Vance immediately snaps into a fighting stance, his mouth-held leaf quivering as he grits his teeth. The Riolu meets the Playful Pokemon's glare blankly, before deliberately looking away and ignoring him. The Pancham grumbles, but looks up to his trainer first to see what she makes of this, and/or follow her lead.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Looks like Santalune City may be the next stop? Let it be known there are a couple other trainers around - mostly distant ones traipsing in the flowers. You could go say hi (or challenge them) if you like, but no one showed any interest the first time they were mentioned so I hadn't been keeping track of them since.

Sign In or Register to comment.