Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Poké] PKMN - Comfy And Easy To Wear

145791018

Posts

  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    ~ Entrance to Route 4 ~
    (this takes place prior to Marsh’s entry)


    Having showered and dressed properly for the trip to Santalune city, Beatrix managed to buy some supplies on the way out of the Center (mostly just Pokéballs of different makes and sizes; she wasn't paying much attention and don't they just do the same function anyway?) and made haste to the entrance of Route 4, on the outskirts south east of Lumiose City.

    Believing that she was once again too early for the others today, she takes a gander at the Route just past the exit. The lush green hedges, pristine flower beds and large, grandiose fountain in the distance was a stark contrast to the route in her home region that shared its name.

    The Route 4 of Unova was once a ragged, hostile desert wracked in sandstorms. Over the years, the sandstorms dissipated, allowing the city of Castelia to expand its borders… only to stop halfway with construction. Turns out the construction crews excavated ancient ruins beneath the sands. Declared a heritage site, this resulted in a Route that was juxtaposed with one another: one half was covered in modern buildings and skyscrapers, the other with long forgotten relics of the past.

    Either way, both routes filled Beatrix with enthusiasm. What wonderful Pokemon hide within the wilderness and crevices of this Route? Hmmmmm…

    With time to kill, she pulls out her Dex, finds a nearby bench, takes a seat, and starts reading through Route 4’s entry, inspecting the myriad of Pokémon she might find on this route.

    Moriarty (previously perched on the young woman's shoulder) was still munching through another shortbread. Once she took a spot on the bench, the Murkrow was quick to capture the remains as his own spot. Ever the one for not sharing, he caws and snaps at anyone else trying to get close to him or attempting to take a seat on the bench. The young girl merely apologizes profusely at every stranger. The detective wondered just how much was left in the bag until that avaricious Pokémon ate his last one…
    Beatrix hasn't done any training with Moriarty yet. She's saving it once we hit downtime in Santalune city.

    TiamatZ on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Sycamore Labs~

    "Professor, I would love to," he replies, grinning widely while manhandling the Rockruff. He sets her town with a touch to her nose, and after a couple of ear ruffles, she calms down enough for Aleksandr to stand. She's still wriggling in place with the force of her tailwags, though. The Sinnoh youth makes a point of unhooking Borzoi's Pokéball from his belt, and applying both a bone decal, and a cloud of dust to it - Rockruff decals are hard to find outside of Alola. Borzoi looks from ball to trainer, then hops up for a lick, which results in a mild headbutt.

    Mild from a 'mon as strong as Borzoi is a rather solid knock.

    Aleks winces, then rubs under the Rockruff's chin. "I should head out to meet the others, we're due to leave soon," he tells Sycamore. "Thank you again for this opportunity, I am sure we shall see each other soon." He tips a wave, then heads out to the rendezvous.
    Looks correct! I updated my application post with the changes, too.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    Beatrix hasn't done any training with Moriarty yet. She's saving it once we hit downtime in Santalune city.
    Saving Exp for later? Foolishness...

    img]
    TiamatZ
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~ Route 4 ~

    Jim gives a quick greeting to the others as they set off together, but it's clear he's got eyes set on those flowers. As soon as it's polite to break away from the group proper, he dives- quite literally- into the undergrowth. Belly-crawling along the ground, he signals to Eli to stay above and keep an eye out. He carefully scans under the flowers until he comes to a shocking revelation.

    "I can't see anything down here!"

    Jim stands back up. "Perhaps a different approach is in order." He considers for a moment, as Elijah watches him warily, ready to leap into action at a moment's notice. "I've got it!" He turns to his Litwick. "What do all living things need? Water! What are Pokemon? Living things! So if I find water, I find Pokemon! It's so simple! Let's go find water!"

    Elijah wobbles a bit, and his flame grows. "Aww now, don't be nervous! I know you and water go together like, well, fire and water, but it'll be fine!"

    His fears (perhaps only temporarily) assuaged, the Litwick floats after his trainer as the two set off to find the nearest body of water. Jim isn't forgetting to keep an eye out for any Pokemon that might have been on the move from Terminus Cave... just in case.
    Still not sure if mentioning Aron was supposed to be a clue or not, but if it is, then Jim's gonna find it! If it wasn't, then Jim won't find it, and we'll just keep on moving.

    I know there's no water on Route 4, so if there's none around here then I'm assuming Jim will find his way to the fountain that was mentioned.

    discrider
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Parterre Way (Route 4) ~

    Aleksandr looks up from the bundle of exuberance in his arms as Jim shouts about being unable to see, then needing to find water. He glances to Volnoy, then nods towards the more eccentric, upperclass trainer as he sets Borzoi down again. "Show him some water," he suggests with a wink, as he keeps a hand on Borzoi's nose - he's found that distracts her a little and keeps her more focused. "Stay close, Borzoi. Walk to heel," the Sinnoh youth commands, tapping at the side of his thigh. He then follows after the others, as Volnoy dashes again swiftly.

    The first hollow in the path that Jim and Elijah find has a shallow little puddle in it. And a Buizel leans against a nearby tree, wiping a drop or two of that same liquid from his whiskers.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    discriderTiamatZ
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~ Parterre Way (Route 4) ~

    Jim sees the puddle, then the Buizel. "Oh, ha ha, very funny. I mean real water." He is tempted to suggest that perhaps a stronger Buizel might be able to make more than such a tiny little puddle, but keeps the comment to himself. He wouldn't want to rub Al the wrong way, and besides, both of his Pokemon would have the advantage against little Eli, based on what he'd witnessed in the battle yesterday.

    As his human continues on his search, Eli notices the impolite Buizel watching. Nobody pranks the prankmaster! it decides, and phases into the ground. It emerges from the tree just above Volnoy's head, looking down at the haughty little weasel with disdain. How best to handle him? Obviously direct confrontation was out, what with his love of spraying that foul slime everywhere. No, this called for subtlety. He floats silently up into the leaves, his flame growing ever brighter. He'll only need a few....

    When he emerges from the treetop, he looks almost exactly the same, save for a slightly darker pallor. He floats down in front of the Buizel and offers his tiny hand to the weasel. He gives every impression of wanting to make nice by shaking hands.
    Assuming Volnoy goes for the handshake, or does anything that would approach Elijah, the Litwick will attempt to phase through the Buizel and deposit a layer of soot on its chest fur in the shape of a candle.

  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    ~ Parterre Way (Route 4) ~
    With the others busy at their attempts in the flower undergrowth (and maybe the fountain), Beatrix focuses her attention to someplace else: The hedge mazes. She wondered what sort of mysteries could be hiding in there.

    "How about you and I try our luck in a nearby hedge maze?" she asked Moriarty, who was still perched on her shoulder, now looking far more lethargic now that his bag of cornucopian treats have finally ran out.

    Moriarty starts his phony snoring. A routine she's well familiar with. Guess I gotta appeal to his base nature again.

    "You know... these mazes being difficult and frustrating to navigate, people tend to lose valuable items in there."

    The Murkrow halts his snoring, but keeps his eyes closed. Looks like he's taking the bait. Let's see if this works.

    "And if we find said items and return them...." The Murkrow promptly starts snoring once more.

    "W...We might get rewarded! Think of them as.... treasures! SHINY treasures!" she hesitates at first, but quickly assures him.

    Moriarty stops once more, but this time opens one eye, awaiting to see just what game was she playing at.

    "And you know... what we could buy with said treasure? Candy! Maybe see what Santalune might offer for..."

    The trainer barely even finished the sentence, and the Murkrow was already waiting impatiently at a nearby maze entrance. Let's go already, was the only phrase Beatrix could surmise from the avian's impatience and overall tone.
    Beatrix and Moriarty are going to explore the Hedge Mazes and fall for the DM's trap see what happens.

    TiamatZ on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Pkyeeoooooo click
    Pkyeoooooooooooo click
    Pkyeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo click

    Richter follows behind, attempting to figure out the limitations of North's Pokéball.
    Line of sight seems important.
    Range, less so.
    So far it had been able to recall North at up to fifty paces, although the beam had begun to attenuate towards the end.
    Richter wondered how the Pokéball's beam sought out its occupant.
    Perhaps it recognised North's inherent peculiarities?

    Closing his notebook, Richter sends North out again.
    North resumes scratching.
    Richter sighs.
    "We'll have to get this looked at in the next town I guess."
    North grumbles, picking a glass speck out of his upper right bicep.
    "Hopefully this settles down, but in the meantime, try and keep your hat on. We're after a fully fledged crystal after all."

    The 'hat' North is sporting is a plaster Richter procured from the Pokécenter on leaving the Lumiose City Pokécenter.
    At that point, it had seemed like something worth having on hand.
    Also at that point, North had only needed some indigestion tablets.
    Richter grimaced.
    Mud was always hard to get out of carpets.

    "Anyway, we're here!", Richter announces to no-one in particular, striding forward.
    Spinning around he turns back to North, "Our first Route! And I have something for you to try out."
    Richter leads North over to a patch of the dense flowers.
    Bending over, he whispers: "Now I don't know about you, but I thought the others", glancing at the group, "got a lot of mileage out of being able to knock the Professor's Pokémon around. And I have an idea how we can do that."

    Richter stands up again and stretches his arms out.
    "Okay. So I think you want to bring your arms out as -wide- as you can, and then make your hands as magnetic as possible"
    North follows suit.
    "One second."
    Richter pulls out the plumbob, and it immediately points directly at North's right hand.
    Re-centering it, it has an equal reaction to North's left.
    "Okay, good."

    Richter steps quickly back.
    "Okay! Now turn around and face that flower patch Jim was lying in, and bring your hands together!"
    North hops over to the flower patch, winces a little, and lets fly.
    BANG
    The flowers shake a little.
    North starts blowing on his palms, as Richter removes his hands from his ears.
    "Let's try that again! The idea is to put as much energy into the air as possible, so try to cup your hands as they're closing.
    That should be less tough on your hands as well."

    North nods, and readies himself again.
    BANG!
    This time the flowers in front of him fly backwards as the shockwave passes through the bed.
    "Okay, again!"
    BANG!
    "And again!"
    BANG!!!!
    "And again!"
    BANG!!!!!

    There is now only churned mud immediately in front of North.
    The flowers have been pulled from their bed and scattered backwards.
    A cloud of pollen hangs lazily around the Rock Pokémon.

    "Okay, that should be good enough. We can practice more later."
    North sighs in relief, as his hands go back to scratching.
    "Oh look no."
    Richter picks North up and carries him after the rest of the group, stopping at the edge of the maze.
    Scooping up the mud left by the Buizel, he plasters a coating over North's craggy surface.
    "Is that helping?"
    North tentatively touches his previous itchy spots.
    He nods.
    "Good."
    Richter pulls back relieved.
    "Let's catch up with the group."


    North learned Thunderclap! [Physical/Powerful/Electric]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    MarshmallowTommy2Hands
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    So we waiting on @Tommy2Hands?

    Hope his SO is alright...

    MarshmallowdiscriderTommy2Hands
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    LkAsojj.png

    ~ Parterre Way (Route 4) ~
    Richter

    Richter and North ruin part of someone's garden, albeit for a good(?) cause.

    Any gardener who wanders by will almost certainly object with this premise, however. Unless the Mad Scientist and his Magnetic friend are hankering for a chance to use their new move in a trainer battle (or with an irate wild Pokemon who's home has just been partially destroyed), it may be wise to move on quickly.

    ~ Perle Fountain (Route 4) ~
    Jim

    The landscapers of Parterre Way apparently haven't heard the good word about ornamental lakes and river features when it comes to garden design. Should Jim keep up the search, he'll inevitably end up at the mid-way point of the route, easily determined by the central plaza dominated by a massive fountain with Horsea spouts and a Clamperl statue called, appropriately enough, "Perle Fountain".

    Strangely, the natural meeting spot seems near abandoned. There's only one person hereabouts, a dark-haired man who's bent down at the front of the fountain, reading its placard. Probably most of the trainers on the Challenge have moved on to Lumiose or beyond by now.

    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix

    Reading the Pokedex entry for Parterre Way before heading out gets Beatrix a researcher-confirmed list of the route's usual suspects. The more informal associated chatter page might be more what she's looking for, as with the recent passing of the most latest batch of League Challengers, the rumors and hearsay of Poke-appearances in the route are at an all-time high. Of immediate note are multiple sightings and at least one capture of a Riolu in the hedges, probably migrants from Route 22, and reports of particularly aggressive Combee, which a self-professed Gardener poster blames on Trainers treading through the flowers too much, disturbing the Tiny Bee Pokemon's home and source of food.

    Someone also caught an Aron, but a lengthy and sometimes angry discussion on the subject ended up coming to the tentative conclusion that it was probably another Trainer's released Pokemon, and not a long-distance traveler from the distant cave they typically call home in the region. It's apparently not uncommon for careless trainers to release unwanted Pokemon by simply abandoning them on a route rather than surrendering them to a Pokecenter or Professor, where they would be properly returned to their natural habitat. Unfortunate, but at least this particular Aron ended up with a happy new trainer.

    Anyway, hedge maze!

    The daring duo take a hike into the nearest set of hedges, finding the interior passages both well-kept and almost a little comfy, the leafy walls shading any dwellers from the morning sun and the still air filled with the heady scents of rich earth and trimmed foliage.

    Whether exploring at random, with the aid of her avian ally, or using some clever scheme like the ever-popular left hand rule, Beatrix eventually turns a corner and briefly makes notice of a bipedal creature, roughly two feet tall, that quickly hastens into the shadows of its own distant corner, breaking sight as it flees deeper into the maze with a rustle of leaves and departing crunch of small paws on gravel.

    What would she like to do?

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Still not sure if mentioning Aron was supposed to be a clue or not, but if it is, then Jim's gonna find it! If it wasn't, then Jim won't find it, and we'll just keep on moving.
    To be honest, that was just the first Pokemon that came to mind while I was trying to alliterate something with Abra. Forgot that's one you like, so I'll have to see if I can work something with that... later.
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    So we waiting on @Tommy2Hands?

    Hope his SO is alright...
    If there's unreplied posts that don't directly hinge on another player's action, its probably more me being lazy/waiting on inspiration.

    @Tommy2Hands Take the time you need to handle stuff, and hit me up when you're good to get back into things.

    Marshmallow on
    img]
    Tommy2Hands
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    ~ Parterre Way (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix – P [][] /K [] /M- /N[] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8

    A Wild Pokémon (?) appears! :whistle:

    Beatrix was honestly caught off guard.

    Her first wild Pokémon sighting!

    Well… in Kalos, at least. Her investigator instincts told her to chase after their mark. But a detective has to work smarter, not harder. Though brute force wasn’t an option, it wasn’t always THE option. She could chase after the runaway.

    OR she could use one advantage said runaway did not have: Air superiority. At least then her Pokémon can have a bird’s eye view of the fleeing target, and maybe catch it off guard.

    “Okay, Moriarty. Time to put those wings to use and let’s flush him (or her) out!” The Murkrow looks undecided, wondering why he should bother chasing after such small fry. “He’s clearly hiding something from us. Why else would he run away so fast? He must know the maze like the back of his hand.... err... claw... paw?” she reasoned to her partner. “Besides, if we catch it, it might lead us to some treasure in this maze. Let’s get ‘em!”

    Beatrix’s logic notwithstanding, the Murkrow had his own plan : the sooner they catch this interloper, the sooner Moriarty can relax somewhere quaint, being treated to some delicious delights, like maybe a Citrus filled Rage candy bars, or some mouthwatering Liechi flavored Casteliacones, or maybe some Watmel flavored toffees…

    The Murkrow's (who was nearly starting to drool) feathers were crudely ruffled by Beatrix. “He’s getting AWAY! C’mon! Let's follow it with a Pursuit!” The Darkness Pokémon issued an insolent squawk at her, before taking off.

    Razza frazza, this better be worth my time, he thought to himself.

    In the sky, he keeps an eye on their prey, intent on pinning it and impeding it till she arrived. Not that he needed her help with what their quarry was, but then again, that Charmander from yesterday was a runt too, and look how that ended…

    Beatrix, in the meantime, kept an eye on Moriarty, all the while, trying to apply logic in this labyrinth. She needed to be ready should her avian find their quarry.

    “Now… how does the left hand rule work again? Or was it the right? Hmmm.”

    If push came to shove though, she could always slam through the foliage walls. They don’t look TOO durable.
    Use a Knowledge token to triangulate where Moriarty (might) land, and maybe get to them in this maze; Moriarty uses Pursuit if he gets the target in his sights.

    TiamatZ on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Parterre Way (Route 4) ~

    Volnoy looks down at the offered Litwick hand, and folds his arms which turning his nose up with a disgruntled 'Bui!' His attention snaps back front and center when he noticed the high speed incoming rock projectile in canid form - Borzoi.

    The sights, sounds and smells of the great outdoors have proved too great for the Rockruff, and she's well on her way to enjoy all of it, somewhat kinetically. Borzoi barrels past (through?) the Litwick, and Volnoy avoids the enthusiastic tackle by jumping up into the tree's branches at the last second. Aleksandr follows close behind. "Borzoi, calm," he commands, managing to snag the Puppy Pokémon's tail a moment before she dashes off towards the undergrowth. She drags him forward a few feet, before tripping into a faceplant. Her trainer quickly kneels beside her, and runs a hand over her head and ears firmly while whispering quiet soothing words to her.

    She responds with a sandpapery lick to Al's cheek.

    "Please being more calm," Aleksandr asks, his english slipping some as his efforts are drawn towards keeping Borzoi in check. "Or you will travel a while in the ball, if you cannot behave. We can play some more later, when there are not so many people around."

    As the other trainers drift off in different directions, Aleksandr looks around, then spots Beatrix disappearing off into the maze. "Come, maybe a limited view will make it easier for you," he suggests, tugging the boistrous 'mon in that direction. Volnoy follows behind, rolling his eyes heavenward while gesturing and grumbling in Borzoi's general direction.

    Borzoi barks, pants, and whines in absolute rapture. She's OUTSIDE and there are PEOPLE and POKÉMON and she's going to make SO MANY FRIENDS.
    Ho there, I do believe that 2foot tall lil' paw critter is a RIOLU. Getchorself a fighting type, TiamatZ!

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix, Aleksandr

    The Ace Trainer and his two companions take a hike after Beatrix into the nearest set of hedges, finding the interior passages both well-kept and almost a little comfy, the leafy walls shading any dwellers from the morning sun and the still air filled with the heady scents of rich earth and trimmed foliage.

    Whether attempting to follow Beatrix at random, with the aid of his two inquisitive Pokemon, or using some clever scheme like the ever-popular left hand rule, Aleksandr eventually turns a corner and briefly makes notice of a bipedal creature, roughly two feet tall, that quickly hastens into the shadows of its own distant corner, breaking sight as it flees deeper into the maze with a rustle of leaves and departing crunch of small paws on gravel.

    What would he like to do?

    Meanwhile, Moriarty takes to the air after the elusive foe, bypassing the maze entirely to take stock of the situation from above, before diving at the fleeing Pokemon to cut it off from its escape route.

    When the Murkrow descends in front of it, the black and white Pokemon stamps its feet and raises up its tiny fists. A single leaf held imperiously in its mouth, it gives the Dark Type pursuer a glare, ready to defend itself with all its miniscule might!

    Wild Pancham was encountered! :whistle:

    Beatrix hears the muffled "Krow!" of her companion, as well as the challenging "Cham!" from whatever he's tracked down elsewhere in the maze.

    What would she like to do?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    No contest on the Knowledge token, Moriarty has no trouble taking advantage of his flight, and Beatrix can easily tell where her Pokemon is at. If you want to Hustle through the Hedge, or Launch through the Leaves, that'll be a Mobility or Physique token, as discussed earlier.

    Marshmallow on
    img]
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~Hedge Maze~

    In a hurry to catch up with the others, North and Richter find themselves wandering aimlessly somewhere near the entrance to the maze.
    After a minute, Richter cracks a grin.

    "Y'know what? This is a hedge maze. I'm sure the others can't have gotten too far. But in the meantime.."
    Richter offers a lift to North.
    "How about we map out this entire place?"

    North rumbles in agreement, as he jumps quickly up onto Richter's back.
    So long as he isn't the one who has to move fast, he's more than happy to see the hedges roll past.

    "Okay, hold on!", Richter pulls out his Pokédex and activates the stopwatch feature.
    "I'm timing us."

    And with that, the pair tear off into the maze, with Richter intent on marching down every alley in quick order.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~Fountain (Route 4)~

    Jim signals to his rather forlorn Litwick, his prank having fizzled out into a dim candle shape on the Rockruff's chest, and the candle floats over towards him.

    They approach the stranger at the fountain. "Hey there, I'm Jim, how're you?" He introduces himself with a cheerful smile. "And this is Eli. We're on the lookout for Pokemon with potential, seen any roundabouts?" He peers into the fountain. Perhaps a wayward Pokemon has fallen in?
    Riolu around here? That'd be a nice catch. Pancham's pretty cool too though.

    Terrendos on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Parterre Way (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix – P [][] /K [] /M- /N[] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8


    “Good work, Moriarty! You hold 'em there while I figure out something”, she shouts out. She doesn’t know how long the Murkrow could keep him restrained. So time was of the essence. Fortune favors the bold, they always say.

    You think these fickle foliage fences are going to hold me in? Son, you’ve clearly never been to Pinwheel Forest!

    Reenacting an infamous scene from a Lemon-Aid Man commercial, Beatrix readies herself, before barreling through the hedge walls. “Oh yeah!” she impulsively shouts out.
    Beatrix is gonna show that Pancham what for! Launch through the Leaves (Physique)!

    TiamatZ on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    ~ Perle Fountain (Route 4) ~ :whistle:
    Jim

    The stranger at the fountain stands up straight, subjecting the approaching Jim to a quick lookover. Up close, the fellow looks a lot more scruffy, his short hair a little greasy with lack of washing, and his cordorouy jacket dirty and torn in spots.

    "Uh. hi," he replies in a drawling voice, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Feelin' fine. Been sticking to the path, so..." he squints at the nearby flowers and fields, then shrugs. "...haven't seen much."

    Looking into the fountain, Jim sees the predictable piles of small change littering the bottom. Trainers wishing for luck at the start of their journey, no doubt.

    Curiously, a closer look reveals that all the of the coins have been organized into their piles by denomination, and a small section of the pool has already been 'tiled' with deliberately placed coins into a rough geometric design. Some sort of underwater work in progress? The creator is nowhere to be seen, but then its a big pool with at least a few spots to hide from any given angle.

    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Richter

    Speeding through the passages, Richter and North startle a Pokemon in their haste. The shiny creature flits up from near the ground to avoid the trainer's stamping feet and hovers at face height.

    The strange, tiny Pokemon seems to be made of shiny, living metal, a loop framing its spherical head and body decorated with a twisted of wire, a keyring made to look like a jolly Froakie, a short length of jewelry chain, and a single rusty skeleton key. It also seems to be angry, from the way that it aggressively jingles its metal implements at Richter, and the miniscule expression on its face.

    Wild Klefki Appeared! :whistle:

    Marshmallow on
    img]
    Tommy2Hands
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix

    Beatrix forces her way through the stiff branches and into the adjoining corridor with a shout (+1 Trainer Exp!), just in time to see the first exchange of blows between the scuffling Pokemon.

    Not afraid to use his superior speed and aerial advantage, the Murkrow dives at the panda-like Pokemon. The small tyke seems disciplined, however, and waits until the last moment to dodge away from the Flying Type's buffeting wings and striking beak.

    Moriarty used Pursuit!
    Pancham took 1 Stamina Damage!
    It's not very effective...


    With its foe close at hand, the Playful Pokemon launches into a series of ringing slaps and jabs, driving Moriarty into a corner of the hedge with quick, practiced strikes.

    Pancham used Arm Thrust!
    Moriarty took 4 Stamina Damage!
    Moriarty was Pushed to Cornered!


    Turning to see what the racket behind it was, the Pancham takes notice of Beatrix's arrival, and its apparent bravery wavers a bit. Trapped between the trainer and her Pokemon, it raises its paws to its mouth and gives a tiny bellow, the call for help echoing through the hedges.

    Pancham Called for Help!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Battle Status
    Cornered

    - Moriarty [ ||||---- ]
    - Pancham [ |||||- ]
    Hole in the Hedge
    Beatrix

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FOOLISHNESS!

    Marshmallow on
    img]
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ~Hedge Maze~
    Richter turns to look at glance at North, and then back at the Klefki.
    "Well we're still on the clock..."
    North grunts.
    North uses [Magnetize]!

    ----

    Beatrix turns to face the Pancham as a high-pitched shrill screaming starts being heard from the other side of her newly created hole.
    Looking back, she catches a flash of white grey labcoat, muddy rock and a flattened set of keys spread-eagled and stuck in the brown mess.

    "One sec."
    Richter hits the stop button on his stopwatch.

    "North! Time for a lesson in inductance I think."
    North growls as he peeks over Richter's shoulder at the floating creature.
    "How about you come down from there... and then start things off with a Barrier!"

    North nods once, before throwing himself at the floating key-ring.
    Richter stumbles back a few steps before regaining his balance.
    Massaging his shoulder, he watches as North engulfs both of the Pokémon in his sticky yellow haze.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix – P [-][] /K [] /M- /N[] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 4/8


    “Waim, fha?” was all Beatrix could mumble before she spits out a twig that made it into her mouth, and notices the kerfuffle behind her. However, the Murkrow’s screeching pulled her back to her own problem in front of her. Moriarty’s Pursuit was easily knocked aside. What’s worse, the little ‘mon in front of her was swatting him around just like… like…

    Memories of yesterday’s fight with the Professor’s own team flooded her mind. Was Moriarty just not tough enough to handle what he could dish out?

    The fact that the little guy decided to call out for help didn’t help the odds in her favor either. Looks like she’s on borrowed time. If they couldn’t beat him, what chance could they have against more… wait… ‘THEY’! That’s it!

    “Alright Moriarty, LISTEN UP! You hit em high with a Peck, and I’ll hit em low with a leg sweep! Just like we practiced back home!” Though perhaps unethical in the Pokémon battling scene, Beatrix did not want another Charmander incident. At least, not this early in their career. Besides… being a good guy doesn’t mean you cannot play dirty at times.

    Not if it means helping out a friend in need.
    Moriarty uses Peck; Beatrix uses Physique to Damage a Pokemon

    TiamatZ on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    While following Borzoi into the Hedge Maze, Aleksandr tries a different approach. He turns to Volnoy, presses a finger to his mouth, then releases Borzoi's scruff.

    Borzoi does the predictable thing, and bolts off after the retreating biped, barking in excitement. Aleks follows, with Volnoy in tow, but stays silent. The Rockruff has been with her new trainer for barely a day now, but one thing has been constant - he has always been there with her, reassuring her, and she could always hear his voice, whether it was commanding her to chill, or just talking to her in general. But now she can't hear him, or see him.

    Moment's later, Borzoi sheepishly returns around the corner, and cocks her head to one side with a whine. Al rewards her with a good rubbing, then lifts her chin gently. "Stay with me," he suggests to the boistrous 'mon, before he bolts off in pursuit of the creature he spotted, Hustling through the Hedge thanks to his superior speed and stamina.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix

    Working as a team, the Murkrow and its athletically inclined trainer go after the Pancham at the same time, high and low. As easily defended as Moriarty's Dark Type attack was, the Pancham seems to have no immediate answer to an attack from above, and the Darkness Pokemon lands a solid, beak body blow.

    Moriarty used Peck!
    Pancham took 4 Stamina Damage!
    It's Super Effective!


    Distracted by the punishing attack, the Pancham doesn't have the chance to dodge away when the much bigger Beatrix sweeps its tiny legs out from under it and sends the Fighting Type to the ground.

    Beatrix used a Trainer Attack!
    Pancham took 2 Stamina Damage!


    Sitting up from its team-attack tumble, the Playful Pokemon's head wobbles back and forth in a dizzy haze. With no strength or will to fight remaining, it'll likely run off once it gets its bearings back. Unless of course Beatrix has other plans, but she might want to implement them quickly.

    Pancham was Stunned!
    Pancham was Defeated!

    (Moriarty gets 5 Exp!)

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Richter

    The Klefki jingle jangles angrily as the Geodude leaps at it. With a ringing noise, thin spectral chains burst out of the air and hedges, spawning a complicated web that will make any attempts by North to withdraw from the battle problematic.

    Klefki used Fairy Lock!
    North took 1 Stamina Damage!
    North was Trapped!


    Not that the earthy Pokemon is looking like it'll be fleeing anytime soon, moving into closer quarters to unleash its jolt of empowering electricity. The Klefki flinches slightly in the wave of voltage, but seems to be only slightly the worse for wear from the Geodude's move.

    North used Barrier!
    Klefki took 1 Stamina Damage!
    North's HP rose!


    Slowly, the Klefki's chains begin to disappear from the edges inward. Seems like it's only a temporary effect, but sufficient to stop North from moving freely until after his next chance to attack.

    Battle Status
    - North [ ||||||| ] + [ -- ] -
    [TRAPPED]
    - Klefki [ |||||- ]


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A wild Pokemon is briefly stunned once it hits 0 Stamina. This is your opportunity to catch it, drive it off, or actually faint it if you're kind of a jerk.

    Pro-tip: Pancham does not require a special Pokeball to catch while Stunned, a normal Poke Ball will suffice.

    Also: Not sure what's going on in Richter's spoiled bit there.

    Marshmallow on
    img]
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Aleksandr

    The Pokemon they're pursuing is quick and elusive, but it doesn't seem to know the maze very well, often spending its lead doubling back out of corners or hesitating at crossroads. It's small nature proves its ultimate undoing however, as the lanky Sinnoh youth and the Pokemon he's trained to keep up with him on his runs are able to rapidly close the distance.

    Realizing running further will only tire it out for the inevitable clash, the trio's target turns sharply into a dead end and adopts a defensive stance, yipping out a curt bark of challenge as it puts its back to the wall.

    Wild Riolu Appeared!

    Marshmallow on
    img]
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Also: Not sure what's going on in Richter's spoiled bit there.
    Richter's spoiled bit is what Richter would do if he was more of a jerk.
    That is, have North magnetize the Klefki to himself, strap North on his back, and then continue running through the maze whilst disregarding the fairy Pokemon plastered to North.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    Richter plucks idly at one of the spectral chains hanging in the air.
    It chimes as it resonates.
    There doesn't appear to be anywhere that this is actually attached to...

    "Alright North, let's see if we can't hit a high C. Use Earthquake!"

    North shoots a look back at Richter.
    There aren't even any seas near here.
    I'll hit the Klefki.

    North slams his fists down at the ground, splitting rock and dirt and firing it up at the floating Pokémon.
    He too bounces skyward.
    But rather than moving any appreciable distance, the chains pull taut, ringing out an odd tone throughout the maze.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix – P [-][-] /K [] /M- /N[] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 4/8


    Seeing the stunned Pokémon, the young lass knew now was her chance at capturing this puny pugilist. Rummaging through her coat’s many pockets, she pulls out one of the myriad of balls she bought earlier this morning.

    “Let’s do this, just like the pros! Watch out Moriarty!” Aiming the ball at Pancham, she hurls it towards the battering baby beast. It hits the Playful Pokémon squarely on the side of his head, and soon disappears into its pint sized prison.

    The light on the ball starts glowing. Both partners look at the ball… speculating what will happen…
    Beatrix tosses a Pokeball at Pancham
    Pokeball GO!

    TiamatZ on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    Oh boy oh boy oh BOY! Borzoi's found a playmate! She looks back towards Aleksandr, then towards the Riolu, and barks a few times. Al and Volnoy exchange glances. "Fighting resists Rock," the trainer says, "So she's unlikely to faint it accidentally." Volnoy shrugs his shoulders, and gestures towards the Emanation and Puppy Pokémon.

    "Borzoi, start with a Sand Attack, and let's see what this Riolu can do!" Al commands, pointing towards the cornered Pokémon.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~Fountain (Route 4)~

    Jim takes in the man's appearance for a moment. Huh, that's odd. But then... maybe it isn't? He's only been here a day, and for all he knows this look is the peak of high fashion in Kalos.

    When he sees the design being made from the coins, everything comes together. This guy must be an artist! Of course! Kalos has the biggest art scene in the world. He's probably so busy leaving graffiti and dollar bills with his face on them everywhere that he doesn't have time to worry about his appearances!

    Jim points to the intricate design. "Is this your work?" He asks. "It's really cool. Sort of an art deco meets jhotoan tile art thing. Anyway, hope you don't mind if I do one of these," he says, chucking a 50P$ coin into the fountain where the like coins have been collected. He already knows his wish; he doesn't have to think about it.

    I'll see you soon.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Perle Fountain (Route 4) ~
    Jim

    "Hm?" the man replies, taking a few steps over to look into the pond, his eyes taking in the piles of coins and the design.

    "Oh. Yeah, sure," he says blandly. "Thanks for the donation to the cause. So hard to get recognition these days, y'know."

    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Beatrix

    The ball gives a half-hearted wiggle, then chimes with a successful capture. Shortly after, Beatrix's Pokedex gives an answering ping as it transfers data.

    Pancham was Caught!
    =============
    Name:
    Species: Pancham
    Type: Fighting/Normal
    Exp: 0/16
    =============
    Loyalty: Neutral
    Demeanor: Disciplined
    Need: A Role Model
    Quirk: Hates being outnumbered
    =============
    Weak: Flying, Psychic, Fairy
    Resist: Bug, Dark, Ghost, Ice, Rock
    =============
    Moves:
    Arm Thrust [Physical/Offensive/Fighting]
    Leer [Status/Harass (Df)/Normal]
    Crush Claw [Physical/Finisher/Normal]
    =============
    Stamina: 6
    =============
    HP - 2 At - 3 Df - 2
    Sp - 2 SA - 2 SD - 2
    =============
    Assists: [Smash], [Intuit]
    =============

    New Style!
    Finisher
    For every Stat the target has lowered, deals extra Stamina damage equal to half the penalty (ie. +1 damage for every stat at -2, another +1 for every stat at -4).


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Aleksandr

    As the overexcited Rockruff charges at the Riolu, the Emanation Pokemon brings its forearms together, drawing them against one another with a metallic rasp. Prepared for collision, it awaits its foe with calm focus.

    Riolu used Iron Defense!
    Riolu's Defense Sharply Rose!


    A collision that never happens, as the Rockruff dances and feints just outside the reach of the fellow puppy-like Pokemon. Visibly confused at this behavior, the Riolu tries to keep up with the Rock Type's unpredictable and unwarriorlike movements, even as the Rockruff's ducking and juking stirs up a blinding cloud of dust.

    Borzoi used Sand Attack!
    Riolu's Attack and Special Attack Fell!


    It's eyes closed against the biting sand and grit, the Riolu still somehow manages to mostly follow the shifting Borzoi as she excitedly leaps and rolls around, either using a strong sense of scent or hearing, or some other, more supernatural, kind of perception altogether.

    Battle Status
    - Borzoi [ |||||||| ]
    - Riolu [ ||||||| ] +2 Df, -1 At, -1 SA

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~
    Richter

    Shaking with agitation, the Klefki's shiny surface begins to glow brightly as it calls up some form of energy around it. When it starts getting almost difficult to look at directly, it sharply twists and fires off a coherent beam of light with a sound like a mirror breaking. As flashy as the move looks, the attack is mostly diffused by North's electrical barrier, scattering the harsh effect into its component motes.

    Klefki used Flash Cannon!
    North took 0 Damage!
    It's not very effective...
    North's Special Defense Fell!


    Even if it didn't deal any real damage, the remaining motes look to be clinging and swirling around the Alolan Geodude. Any further energy-based attacks will likely have a slightly better effect by feeding off the lingering light power.

    Regardless, North blasts off (but not too far, thanks to the spectral chains still hanging everywhere). The spray of rock and earth smashes into hovering Klefki, sending it spinning with an angry jingle.

    North used Earthquake!
    Klefki took 3 Damage!
    It's Super Effective!


    The rest of the Klefki's chains fade from sight, no longer hampering North's movements.

    Battle Status
    - North [ ||||||| ] + [ -- ] -
    -1 SD
    - Klefki [ ||---- ]

    Marshmallow on
    img]
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~Perle Fountain (Route 4)~

    Jim shrugs. "You're not the artist, then. But something's for sure bugging you. Why don't we have a sit and you can tell me what's the matter?" Jim takes a seat at the fountain, and indicates for the stranger to do likewise. "Won't judge, promise. And Eli," he points to his Litwick, distracted by watching the fountain spouts, "thinks I'm a pretty good listener."

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Perle Fountain (Route 4) ~ :whistle:
    Jim

    The stranger smiles at the failure of his half-hearted deception. Rather than sit, he leans against one of the pedestals supporting a Horsea spout, kicking up a foot against the column.

    "Well, lets see," he says, drawing out the last syllable. "I guess I've traveled a bit, seen a few regions and... people really take Pokemon a little too seriously, don't they?"

    He waves a hand as though to dismiss an oft heard argument. "Now I get the trainer-pokemon thing. They're your best friend, they defend you, you travel together across the land and find your power deep inside."

    "But when people talk about someone, it seems like the first thing they care about is their Pokemon. This guy owns a corporation... but more importantly he's a big-shot Steel Type Trainer! This gal's a famous actress, but her real job is being the Regional Champion! You know this Gym Leader in Kanto, Brock? He's a big guy in his town, huge family, does a lot of charity work, been to the soup kitchen he runs more times than I can count."

    "But he's the Rock-Hard, Rock Type Trainer to anyone you care to ask. Funny, right?" He rolls his head over to raise his eyebrows at Jim.

    "There's exceptions, but you know what I mean, right? You ever get the feeling everyone looks at you and thinks 'oh, he's got a candle thing!' well before they think 'oh, what a well-dressed and well-spoken young man!'?" He nods at Elijah. "No offense," he finishes, closing his eyes and leaning back to enjoy the sound of running water.

    Marshmallow on
    img]
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~Perle Fountain (Route 4)~

    Jim taps his chin thoughtfully. "That's a fair point. I suppose some people do kind of get defined by their choice of Pokemon." He thinks back to the person he was before he met Eli. "And other people get to be like the Pokemon they choose."

    "But other times, I think maybe people welcome it. That easy categorization. It's a nice surface-level judgment. Straightforward, inoffensive." He pauses for a moment. "Friend of mine, his parents got killed when he was real little. We all tried to be sympathetic of course, but it's not something a child can really understand until it happens to them. And the teacher and other adults all treated him with kid gloves, right? So it wasn't long before he got labeled as Dead Parents Kid."

    He sighs. "When you're that kid, you do whatever it takes to be something else. You might even redefine yourself. And if that means being 'Popplio Guy' then it's still better than Dead Parents."

    Jim stands up. "Don't want to be defined by your choice of Pokemon? Don't let it happen. You control how other people see you."

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    ~ Perle Fountain (Route 4) ~ :whistle:
    Jim

    "Well, I guess that's what I'm trying to do, isn't it?" the man replies, opening his eyes. "Seems hard with all these big, popular people around me, with strong Pokemon at their side, but I'll find my way."

    "You're finding your way too, right? I bet we'll hear about each other again," he too, leans up straight. "But I should get going. Good talk, Jimbo."

    img]
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~Perle Fountain (Route 4)~

    "Yeah, nice to meet you, too... actually, I didn't catch your name. Don't let me just know you as Fountain Guy."

    When the man leaves, he waves over at the distracted Litwick. "Hey buddy, time to go." They still had a lot of work to do. He takes a last look at the fountain. "I'm surprised this didn't work. Everything needs water, right? Present company excepted, I suppose."

    Terrendos on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Perle Fountain (Route 4) ~
    Jim

    "Name's Ramon," he says, as the vagrant man walks back towards Lumiose City.

    (Survived an Encounter with a member of the Rival Five: 5 Trainer Exp!)

    Taking a last look at the fountain, Jim notices a brown, tattered looking fish Pokemon nudging his 50P$ closer into the pile of the same. Realizing its been spotted, it gives a flip of its blueish fins and disappears out of sight behind the Clamperl statue.

    Marshmallow on
    img]
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~

    "Borzoi can't get through that Iron Defense with her Rock attack," Aleksandr confides to Volnoy, who nods curtly in response. "But she can confound it to the point where it can't hurt her, and it will have no such defense against your Water Pulse," he continues. Again, Volnoy nods in response, this time grinning widely.

    "Hit it with another Sand Attack, Borzoi!" Aleksandr calls, encouraging his Rockruff along. "Then weather the attack, and follow up with your trademark noseboop!"
    Had the parentals around all day, arrrgh. So, I asked about changing Water Bolt to Water Pulse a while back, and made the change, but it's not on Marsh's version so I totally accept if it's still a physical ranged attack - last edit on the page says June 23rd, though.

    I'm giving Borzoi two rounds of commands - Sand Attack, then Smack Down, in case Marsh wants to speed this along given I was AWOL all day. Gotta teach the Borz some kind of earthquakey move, maybe a self-buffing move or another harassing move.

    Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    Marshmallow
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~Perle Fountain (Route 4)~

    "See you around, Ramon."

    Jim looks down into the fountain, trying to catch another look at the inhabitant. "Or maybe I wasn't quite so wrong..." He muses. "I guess the artist must be you, then." He reaches into his backpack and pulls out a berry he'd been saving since breakfast, just in case Eli took another tumble. He sets it in the water near the piles of coins. "Don't worry, I'm not going to mess up your design. I like it! I'm Jim. You live here, huh?"

    Eli, more curious and much less concerned about personal boundaries, takes the more direct route. He phases through the fountain and taps his little hand on the water above the creature's head, sending out a cascade of tiny ripples. It's his attempt at a hello, seeing as how he doesn't care for water. "Lii!"

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~ Hedge Maze (Route 4) ~ :whistle:
    Aleksandr

    In the depths of the swirling dust, the shadow of the Riolu flickers back and forth, its arms and legs snapping into various kata to better perfect its offense against this unusual foe. Even through the haze of dirt it's apparent that its power is growing as it focuses its talents.

    Riolu used Swords Dance!
    Riolu's Attack Critically Rose!


    Unaware of the severity of her foe, Borzoi continues joyfully shadowboxing with her opponent, spurring up clouds of accuracy-inhibiting debris as she cavorts back and forth in complete obliviousness to the Riolu's serious manner.

    Borzoi used Sand Attack!
    Riolu's Attack Fell!
    Riolu's Special Attack can't fall any more...


    Spearing through the dust, the Riolu finally goes on the offensive, launching itself through the cloud to slam an outstretched palm against its infuriating enemy. Flailing across the ground, Borzoi eventually impacts the hedge, which safely stops her tumble. The lingering effects of the Fighting Type's strike makes her muscles and agility weaken, as she carefully gets back to her feet.

    Riolu used Force Palm!
    Borzoi took 2 Damage!
    Borzoi's Speed Fell!


    Eager to rejoin the battle, Borzoi cheerfully stomps back into the fray, her final leap landing her in a double-paw-slap that throws the hopping Riolu to the ground in a burst of dirt.

    Borzoi used Smack Down!
    Riolu took 0 Damage!
    It's not very effective...
    Riolu's Speed Fell!


    Somersaulting backwards for distance from its implacable enemy, the Riolu raises its legs into the air, then kip-ups back to its feet. Raising its fists and snarling through clenched teeth, despite its best efforts the Pokemon still shows the deleterious effects of getting slammed into the gravel as it attempts to hide its limp.

    Battle Status
    - Borzoi [ ||||||--x ] -1 Sp
    - Riolu [ ||||||x ] +2 Df, +2 At, -1 SA, -1 Sp


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Didn't notice/realize/apprehend the Water Bolt change, fixed on my thingie now.

    Only reason I got so many GM posts in yesterday is because it was my day off and I had literally nothing to do but drink, play video games, and write posts about Pokemon.

    Don't expect more than like, one post a day! I will disappoint you!

    Marshmallow on
    img]
    Tommy2Hands
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    ~ Perle Fountain (Route 4) ~
    Jim

    The Fish Pokemon edges around the corner of the fountain's statue, eyeing the floating berry with interest in its shadowed eyes. When no sudden signs of disgusted aggression appear from either Jim nor his Litwick, the creature gently pushes itself into view and approaches.

    It's most definitely the ugliest living thing Jim has ever seen. The rusted-out-broken-down-clunker-on-cement-blocks-in-someone's-overgrown-front-yard of Pokemon.

    Elijah's greeting elicits an answering murmur that bubbles up from the aqueous Pokemon. Good lord is this thing awful looking. :whistle:

    Wild Feebas Appeared... But Why, And Who Could Possibly Care?

    Marshmallow on
    img]
    Tommy2Hands
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ~Perle Fountain (Route 4)~

    The Pokemon's... lackluster... appearance is completely lost on Jim. "A Feebas! Hey there! How'd you end up in here?" Jim flips open his Pokedex for some more information, having only a passing familiarity with the species. "What a curious place for you to be. I was expecting an Abra, or perhaps a Budew. A fish Pokemon, though? Huh."

    He checks his Pokedex for information on how fish Pokemon fare out of water. Is it possible this Feebas flopped its way to the fountain?

    Terrendos on
Sign In or Register to comment.