The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Poké] PKMN - Comfy And Easy To Wear

11213141618

Posts

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    edited January 28
    Meanwhile, Al sends off a few quick texts to the people he has in his Pokétch - 'Good morning. Where is everyone? Are there group plans, or are we doing our own things today? --Al.'

    Group Thought To Be Without Any Cohesion Loses Last Little Bit of Cohesion the GM Didn't Even Know It Still Had.

    ~ Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:
    Jim

    The situation seem to have reached a stable, if somewhat tense, equilibrium, with the Junior Trainer's decision (or inability rather) to stop the Pichu from whooshing up his side and onto his head where it flexes, proud, and safe from the Magnemite menace, atop the peak of scenic Mt. Jim.

    Deprived of their rodent target, and faced with a soothingly speaking trainer offering PokeChow, the wary Magnemite curiously crowd around the pile of free food. Are they eating it? Who can tell, but at least it's taken some of the attention away from Jim for the moment so he can attempt to deal with this high altitude, macho Pichu.

    While Jim unsuccessfully tries to coax the Tiny Mouse Pokemon from his dome, Eli watches the Electric Type through suspiciously narrowed eyes. Something about the scruffy-furred critter is giving the Ghost a definite, prickling feeling of familiarity.

    Ignoring the handful of food being waved in front of it, the Pichu's eyes briefly glimmer with a wicked and terrible clarity.

    Oh yeaaaah. That one Bidoof... Eli wonders how to break it to Jim that he's got a very tiny Electric Satan hatching dastardly plots on his head.

    ~ Santalune Gym ~
    Isaac

    The fortune teller's interruption garners him a pair of looks that would likely cause a lesser man to stutter themselves into silence, but he perseveres. The family resemblance really is striking, even aside from the ink-black hair and severe, aristocratic features - Whatever life has dealt out (heh) to these two has hardened them, made each rigid in their own way. The young girl's facade is chilly and brittle, while the man's is stony, and unyielding. Their choice in Pokemon makes a lot of sense, really, and reveals a lot about how they must train them...

    Anyway.

    While the girl seems to be stunned by a potent admixture of curiosity and disdain, the Gym Leader is well-enough used to the foibles of your average Trainer.

    "Is that," he says, gently. "Some sort of... card game?" he finishes, gesturing at the proudly displayed tarot deck.

    The Phantump grins at Sierra, insolently. Isn't this awkwardness great, couldn't you just drink it up like booze?

    ~ Route 22: Détourner Way ~
    Beatrix

    Venturing out east from Santalune, Beatrix finds the gently curving path leading to the imposing, mountainous heights of the Kalos Victory road. Of course, she won't be able to proceed into that challenging area without possessing eight badges, but it's not a bad idea to check out the lay of the land thereabouts, in case a trip to Route 21 is in her future.

    The distant rumbling bellows of Rhyhorn can be heard to the north, where there's apparently a track that holds races with the armored Pokemon once a week. Sounds like the Rock Types are restless, but its a nice, warm day so it could just be high-spirits and an excess of energy.

    Other than that, it seems like a peaceful route, with only a few scatters patches of grass and trees, and the gurgle of river rapids to the south.

    While Beatrix could wander through the grass and flowers in hopes of stumbling across a Pokemon, or trek south to see the river, if she wants a Rock Type it seems like her best bet would be to either head up to the Rhyhorn Ranch and, oh I don't know, see if they have any Rhyhorn that haven't been winning races lately that might enjoy battling instead? If nothing else, Rhyhorn jockeys must have some tips on working with Rock Types that might come in handy.

    Another option would be to hike on through to Victory Road. Attempting to sneak in would probably be a bad idea, even discounting how the League would likely frown on such shenanigans were she to be found out, as the Pokemon roaming the area would be bound to be a bit too strong to handle with her current experience, given its status as the final challenge before the League Championship and the Elite Four.

    Still, she might be able to track down some nearby, less forbidding caves in the vicinity, with more manageable Pokemon to recruit. A cave is a cave after all, and surely they can be depended on to have the usual Zubat and Rock-Type populations to draw on in a pinch.

    She's got options, basically.

    ~ Santalune Forest ~
    Aleksandr

    The prone Riolu tucks its feet underneath it, and leaps, diving forward and somersaulting back to its feet to approach the Wild Fletchling. While the startled Flying Type has yet to apprehend the situation, the Emanation Pokemon flicks itself into certain poses and positions - a formal challenge that also serves to enhance its already respectable strength.

    Sila used Swords Dance!
    Sila's Attack Sharply Rose!


    Fluffing itself up in anger over the threat to its territory, the Fletchling calls out its own belated challenge with trilling cry. Before it can bring any Moves to bear against the interloper, however, Sila springs out of its final stance and into action, fallen leaves dancing up from the forest floor in the Riolu's wake as it near-instantly dashes the intervening distance between it and its opponent, a tiny paw flicking out to smack the Tiny Robin Pokemon as they pass beneath the Fletchling's perch.

    Sila used Quick Attack!
    Fletchling took 5 damage!


    Knocked reeling by the lightning fast blow, the Fletchling teeters on its branch before flipping down and backwards, recovering its senses in time to dig in its claws, leaving it hanging, zubat-like, to glare at the Riolu's back. The branch begins to smolder and smoke beneath its feet.

    Releasing its grasp, a well-timed flap of its wings acrobatically rights the Flying Type, and with another beat, sends it careening at the Fighting Type, a corona of flames gathering around it as it superheats itself in righteous anger.

    Quick to react, Sila spins to meet their foe's counterattack, crossing their forearms defensively as the Fletchling strikes hard, tackling the Riolu in the midst of an expanding ball of flame.

    Fletchling used Flame Charge!
    Sila took 5 damage!
    It's Super Effective!
    Fletchling's Attack rose!


    Equally matched in strength, the pair of Pokemon clash in a haze of heat for a few tense moments, until Sila breaks the sizzling standoff by thrusting out its arms, forcing the Fletchling to flip up over the Riolu's head with a twitch of its wings, and take to the air with a warbling battlecry. The Riolu rubs one of its singed forearms ruefully, as the Fletchling hovers above, basking in its vastly increased body heat, and the increased production of adrenaline that comes with it.

    Battle Status
    - Sila [ ||||
    ­---­-- ] +2 At
    - Fletchling [ |||||
    --­---­ ] +1 At

    Marshmallow on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 30
    Beatrix – P [][] /K [] /M- /N[][] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8
    Vance - 8/8


    ~ Route 22: Détourner Way ~

    Making her way towards the outskirts of the Victory Road cavern entrance, Bea could not help but look back at the view the rocky elevation was giving her of Route 22. She spots what she surmises to be the Rhyhorn race track; itself hosting a very heated race in progress, with two Rhyhorns neck and neck. Such a Pokémon could be of some use to her, but with the day still young and bright, she might try her luck finding a different rock mon. If she was unsuccessful today, she could always attempt the Rhyhorn Ranch later. She looks back at the rocky cliffside that surrounded this side of the route. Half an hour later, she spots what appears to be a natural cave entrance.

    The idea of slinking into Victory Road and trying her luck against the wild beasts there intrigued her. Surely catching any strong Pokémon there could help out in her journey to becoming a Pokémon Champion if not to accelerate it? Nonetheless, it was her common sense that proved to be the more rational thought in her mind. What’s the point of doing the Pokémon Challenge if you’re just going to sneak past? Besides, if the mons don’t send you scurrying off on your way, then the officials patrolling there most certainly will.

    Sighing, she looks back at her two partners. Vance had a stalwart air surrounding him, confident of his trainer’s decision. Moriarty was another matter. Perched atop his trainer’s shoulders, he looked hesitantly back at Beatrix and the Pancham. Constrictive caves weren’t a place for one of his stature.

    Open air. The sky. The clouds. Land-based, wingless fools for him to taunt and throw peanuts at.

    These are the quintessential things an unbound, feathery avian such as himself prided himself with. He didn’t want to be caught dead in some stuffy, dark, probably soggy hole in the ground. That’s for worms.

    Defeated, he merely droops his head. With Vance around and about, he can't just leave. He won't hear the end of it from a pipsqueak like him. Who knows, maybe there might be SOMETHING of worth down there. He thought to himself, after all, it can’t be THAT bad. Humans did make candy out of rock, no?

    Satisfied with herself and her team, she starts making her way inside the cave. Even if it isn’t THE Victory Road, it’s possible some of its inhabitants might have escaped and found refuge inside one of the many nooks and crannies scattered across the cliff face. As she starts making her way deeper inside, her X-transceiver starts vibrating, it’s jingling tune a happy reminder of days past. She pulls it out and reads the message.
    Kay wrote: »
    - 'Good morning. Where is everyone? Are there group plans, or are we doing our own things today? --Al.'

    Oh right! Al was going to the gym last I heard (I think? I WAS kind of in a hurry). I wonder how he’s doing… or the others for that matter. Barely three days and I miss them. Even that odd scientist guy, Richter, right?

    She types in a flurry of words of her own.
    - 'Good morning. Where is everyone? Are there group plans, or are we doing our own things today? --Al.'
    Heya Al, you guys busy with anything?

    How goes the Gym battle?

    Group should meet up. Find a nice coffee shop, celebrate everyone’s gym victories.

    Maybe this afternoon or tonight, yeah?

    Speaking of gyms, lots to choose from. Electric back @ Lumiose, Ice east of Santalune, Water past forest south of Santalune. - Beatrix

    P.S. Stay safe guys!

    With that out of the way, she shambles onwards and downwards, walking carefully, while watching her step. Plodding along, she curses herself before a realization hits her. Note to self, remind Al he's a genius. Pulling out her X-transceiver, she searches through it's many night time functionalities, selecting an option merely titled "Bright LED Mode". This resulted in a (not really as advertised) 'bright' light to pulse from her device illuminating everything in front of her by a few feet. At least the X-transceiver has a makeshift flashlight of sorts, she thought to herself. Good job bringing a substitute flashlight, detective, instead of you know... bringing an ACTUAL flashlight!

    Not enough to give her complete visibility, but at least enough to make sure where (or what) she’s stepping on…

    TiamatZ on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ~Trainers' school, yesterday?~

    Richter sips his tea, half-distracted by the dulcet chimes of a relaxed Keyanu.
    "Hmm? Oh right. Sightseeing.
    As you might have gathered, we're passing through Kalos for the league challenge.
    So... Geography I guess? History too I suppose.
    I'd be interested in anything unique about your region and region's history that we might be able to go and investigate.
    Perhaps find some.. inspiration from.

    Although, if you could point me in the direction of the Pokéball factory and power plant on a map, we might go past those at some point."

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    No matter what I change, the girl still dies
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited January 28
    ~ Kalos Route 3: Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:

    It's one thing when a strange Pokemon takes one of his favorite seats, but when that same Pokemon has such obvious ill intent, there's only one thing for a good, honest, loyal sentient ghost candle to do.

    Jim lets his hand down when he can tell the Pichu isn't eating. "Huh, that's odd. I would've thought such a tiny thing like you would always be on the lookout for a free meal." He lets what's left in his hand fall back to the pile where the Magnemite have gathered.

    Eli's blustering flame draws Jim's attention. "What's the matter, buddy? I think the Magnemite are going to be okay. Why?"

    The tiny candle indicates Jim's head, and then its flame sparks up to double its size.

    "Uh oh, it's planning something?" Jim asks, with an affirmative nod from Eli. "Okay, Eli... let's be careful about this. Eli, you ever heard of William Tell?"

    An unspoken compact is formed between a master and trainer who are as in sync as Jim and Eli, and in this moment both know what the other is thinking. "You can do this, Eli," Jim says, surprisingly calmly.

    Eli phases into the ground for a split second, before launching himself up at the Pichu with his best spooky-ghost face, determined to push the Pichu from its precarious perch. If he can scare the rodent off before it lets out a jolt, then he can save Jim from a world of pain. If not, well... Pokemon Centers can treat people, too, probably. The moment Jim sees Eli launching his attack, he ducks down and attempt to roll clear of the inevitable conflict.

    Eli uses Astonish on Enemy Pichu, attempting to knock it from the Jim's Head Arena to the Ground Arena!
    Marsh, not sure if "Macho Pichu" was intended to be a pun, but uhh... let's just say I think I have a name for this one. Also, I was going to follow up on the message from Al as soon as Jim's not in imminent danger.

    Terrendos on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    (12:11:16 PM) Marsh-PC: 'very tiny satan' was too satisfying to not write though
    (12:15:29 PM) Marsh-PC: also "high altitude macho pichu"
    (12:15:36 PM) Marsh-PC: mega puns

    discriderTerrendosTiamatZ
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Santalune Forest ~

    While Sila draws the Fletchling's attention, Aleksandr rolls out of the undergrowth and to his feet, preparing to negotiate from a position of power with the firebird.

    The strength of the attack his Riolu weathers changes his mind instantly, and his hand flies to his messenger back to fish out a Pokéball.

    "Sila, finish it with another Quick Attack," he orders, sharing a glance with Volnoy for a moment. The Buizel answers with a low whistle, and mimes throwing a Pokéball at the furious bird. Borzoi prances in place, stifling a whine and the urge to run in and play. Both Al and Volnoy unconsciously show a palm to the Rockruff, gesturing at her to stay back and stay calm.
    Well. That escalated quickly.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ~ Santalune Pokécenter, Today ~

    Richter catches himself mid-snore, as his Pokédex buzzes yet again.
    Hastily rubbing his face with the back of his hand, he squints at the screen.
    asd gase Water past asdfajbh Santalune - Beatrix
    P.S Stay safe guys!
    Im yo!
    See you at next fun Richter
    Im sleep a bit now

    Predicative text away, Richter crashes back into bed.

    ---

    Some time later, Richter emerges from his room slightly more refreshed.
    He'd missed breakfast, but the Pokécenters here seem to keep a decently stoked assortment of pastries throughout the day.
    Richter opens the texts back up as he finishes his bread.

    "Looks like the others are headed through the Santalune Forest; well mostly anyhow."
    Richter peeks to see if anyone is listening.
    North is currently two fists of breadsticks sprouting from an even bigger mouth of breadsticks.
    And Keyanu appears to be innocently floating closer and closer to other trainers, before swiping their cutlery when they abandon their plate.
    Richter glowers in embarrassment.

    Well, I guess we can detour past Route 22 on the way out.
    See some races, check out the cave perhaps. Not sure how far we'd be able to go down the road to the League though.


    He snaps his map shut.

    Just in time to see a slightly crusty North sneaking up behind a proudly peacocking Keyanu, who is now positively bristling with forks.

    "Time to go guys..."
    Keyanu swings around and catches North standing behind him.
    North freezes, and slowly waves.

    .. before lunging forward and degaussing the poor key-ring.
    The aura of forks quickly regain their sense of gravity and ping merrily to the floor.

    Richter quickly grabs the rogue rock before sprinting out of the building, the wailing banshee following quick behind.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    No matter what I change, the girl still dies
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Isaac Emil - [Myth Maniac] - 5/5
    PKMN - [Omen: An Initiation]
    Sierra - 11/11
    Maven - 8/8


    ~Santalune Gym~

    "Aww, you two really take after each other!" Isaac reacts, pausing several seconds before he remembers what is currently passing for a conversation.

    "Oh yeah, tarot! Well you can certainly view it as a game, fortunes are fun. Except if it's bad fortune because then you really should prepare to endure it. Also if it's a good fortune you probably want to take advantage of it. Neutral fortunes?" Somewhere Isaac managed to lose his train of thought.

    "Well you can treat it like a game if you want to, the best thing about fortune telling is that you don't have to believe in it for it to work!"

    Sierra returns a dubious gaze to the phantump. Somehow this is your fault, isn't it?

    "What would you like to know about? Training strategy? Route to explore? A new pokemon for your team? A general advice fortune, like you might get from a fortune cookie from a Hoenn restaurant?"

    Sierra's eyes take on a pink gleam as she wields her [Psy Power], attempting to reroute the familial strife reaching the ghostly instigator with the seemingly endless ebullience that emits from Sierra's peculiar trainer.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    edited February 12
    ~ Santalune Gym ~
    Isaac

    The Gym Leader and daughter share a blank look while Isaac enthusiastically describes his calling. Opening his mouth to answer, Samuel finds himself beat to the punch by the girl, who bluntly demands "A new Pokemon for my team. What does it say?"

    Samuel lets his breath out in a long-suffering sigh as an ongoing argument looks to be rekindled, but doesn't gainsay the question, instead marshaling his strength for the struggle to come.

    Focusing her strange talents on the psychic landscape, Sierra makes a few crude changes to the ties between the present individuals. Nothing major or lasting, perhaps, but enough to prove a point.

    [Psy Power]!

    Wincing slightly as its tasty source of strife is replaced with a stream of noxious good feelings, the Phantump makes an over-exaggerated gagging motion, and waves an admonitory finger in Sierra's direction.

    Isaac's constant good cheer seems to be ever so marginally depleted as the Ghost Type soaks in some of his positive emotions, to its own distaste. It's like trying to dig through a mountain with a spoon, mind. Could the father-daughter relationship somehow be even less friendly without the Phantump's constant feeding on their negativity? Maybe the Phantump is doing a better job as a Pokemon than its behavior and attitude implies.

    ~ Santalune Forest ~
    Aleksandr

    Rolling its wrists, Sila snaps their paws back into fists as its stance lowers and its legs tense in preparation for another Quick Attack. Hovering just above the ground, the waves of air from the Fletchling's wings and burning aura send the leaves beneath it spiraling away, singed at their edges.

    The two gaze into each other's eyes, gauging their moment.

    ...

    With a short bark, Sila darts forward with an out-flung fist. With a shrill cry, the Fletchling does the same with wings held wide.

    Sila/Fletchling used Quick/Wing Attack!

    Flicking past one another, the two Pokemon each end up in very nearly the same place their opponent had started from, Sila holding a statue-still stance while the Fletchling slowly glides towards the ground.

    The Fletchling stumbles as its feet hit the ground, carrying it a few steps forward.

    A faint breeze stirs up a swirl of grey ash between the two Pokemon.

    Shing! :whistle: (<-Listen before opening spoiler)
    Sila took 6 damage!
    It's Super Effective!


    The Fletchling folds its wings at the same moment Sila collapses, the stricken Riolu taking a knee while holding a paw to its wounded side.

    Battle Status
    - Sila [
    ­--­--­--­-- ] +2 At, FAINTED
    - Fletchling [ |||||
    --­---­ ] +1 At

    ~ Santalune Forest ~
    Jim

    The trio of Magnemite watch curiously (the food that had their attention now... strangely gone?) as the megalomaniacal Pichu plots dastardly above.

    Jim and Eli hammer out their unwanted rodent removal plan, and then execute with a surprise BOO! from the Litwick.

    Elijah used Astonish!
    Pichu took 3 Damage!
    It's not very effective...
    Pichu was Shifted!


    Scared stumbling, the Pichu's perch is suddenly nowhere to be found as the local landmark, Mt. Jim, disappears in a calamitous Trainer-tuck-and-roll-for-cover incident. Landing hard on the ground, the Pichu rolls to its feet with a very un-Pichu-like snarl, launching itself at the Ghost Type that arose its terrible, albeit tiny, ire.

    Re-energized somewhat by the gift of food(?), the three Magnemite zip alongside and over the hovering Eli, locking "shields" with a metallic clink as they protect the Litwick from the Pichu's wrath.

    Pichu used Nibble!
    Magnemite Covered the Attack!
    Magnemite took 4 Damage!
    It's not very effective...
    Magnemite's Defense Fell!
    Pichu's Focus Was Spent!
    (These Moves are getting complicated, aren't they?)

    Tiny incisors dig deep into solid Steel Type as the Pichu's unfortunate plot comes to partial fruition.

    Battle Status
    - Eli [ ||||||||
    ­ ]
    - Magnemite [ ||
    ---­­- ] -1 Df
    - Pichu [ |||
    ---­ ]

    Marshmallow on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    edited February 11
    ~ Trainers' school ~ Yesterday, Most Likely
    Richter

    "Well," old man Marlowe begins. "As far as geography is concerned, you've probably noticed the Kalos Pokedex is broken up into three sub-regions, with their own native Pokemon. Central Kalos, Coastal Kalos, and Mountain Kalos each have their own charms to speak of - The names are pretty self-explanatory, but Central Kalos has plains, grasslands, and the larger cities of Kalos, Coastal Kalos to the west has our rocky coastline, as well as lush beaches and forests, Mountain Kalos is, as you may expect, the mountainous area to the west with a high altitude and cool temperatures. Mountain Kalos also includes a marshy area to the north of the region. That, incidentally, is where you will find the Pokeball Factory, in our northernmost Lavarre City. The Power Plant is located in a barren area between Lumiose City and Coumarine City known as the 'Lumiose Badlands'. It's hard to miss it."

    "History-wise, Kalos is a very old Region as established ones go, you might notice some cities, especially in central Kalos, still have the remnants of their defensive walls from ages long past. This used to be a very tumultuous area, but luckily those days are long past. Our Pokemon League ranks very high in the global scene, and it was one of the first to embrace themed arenas for its matches. You've seen a Gym match using the modular arenas? It used to be that they were painstakingly constructed by hand, and only for League Championship matches. The new invention allows Gym battles to be nearly as dynamic and exciting as Championship matches were."

    "Uniquely, Kalos leads the research on Mega Evolution in collaboration with the Hoenn region. Master Sycamore is one of the recognized scientific authorities on the subject, however we also have the Tower of Mastery in Shalour City, which passes down ancient rituals and techniques that can't be found anywhere else in the world."

    ~ Route 22: Détourner Way ~ Today, Probably
    Still Richter

    Richter and company hit up the relatively straightforward Détourner Way after causing a little mid-day mayhem at the Pokecenter. The Rhyhorn Races are apparently more of a weekend thing, though the ranch itself is open most days as a sort of petting zoo attraction if the Mad Scientist would like to meet some Rhyhorn and their riders for some reason.

    While the area is dotted with lesser caves, Victory Road itself is currently closely guarded by League Officials cheerfully warding away untested Trainers from the dangerous terrain and strong Pokemon beyond. It wouldn't be inconceivable to sneak past, though what there's to gain from risking life and limb in a route even stout Trainers think twice about challenging, who can guess?

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ~ Route 22: Détourner Way ~
    Beatrix

    Pushing her way bravely through the uncharted cave, DexLight in hand, Beatrix navigates the uneven floor and cloying darkness. After some minutes of painstaking exploration, the monotonous hike is finally interrupted, albeit in a most unpleasant way. The floor beneath the Junior Detective's feet shakes, and the air fills with musty dust as the sound of cacophonous, rattling rock assaults the Trainer and her Pokemon. An earthquake? A cave-in?

    :whistle:

    After a few moments, the ruckus shuddering subsides, and Beatrix can breathe a sigh of relief. A few steps forward reveal a row of large boulders blocking her way, turning back the way she came, a similar row of boulders has cut off that route as well.

    As she considers the implications of this unfortunate situation, the boulders begin to move at the edge of her scarce light, rhythmically rectilineating into and out of sight like... something alive. Something BIG and alive.

    All too briefly, the Junior Detective's light illuminates the dense-browed glare of some rock-skinned Pokemon, its head alone almost as big as she is herself. Quickly passing into the darkness from which it came, she continues to hear the clatter of the massive Pokemon's unseen movement, as well as a near overwhelming sense of mortal danger emanating from the poorly-lit depths beyond the reach of her feeble flashlight.

    Wild Onix Appeared!
    [ ||||||||||||||
    ­ ]

    Marshmallow on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited February 11
    ~ Kalos Route 3: Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:

    Jim lands on his back and scrambles quickly to his feet to figure out the situation. It looks as though the Magnemite managed to defend his pal from a ferocious attack, at their own expense! How gallant!

    Unwilling to let these brave steely-eyed fellows bear the brunt of another bite, he points again to the pernicious Pichu. "Eli, help the Magnemite! Finish off the mouse with another Astonish!" On the other hand... judging by the status of the Magnemite, this little hellion can pack a serious wallop. He reaches into his jacket pocket and readies a Pokeball in his right hand, ready to let fly when the Pichu falls.

    Eli gives the mouse a tiny sneer that would almost be terrifying if it weren't also so adorable. This time, instead of his usual method of fading into the ground, he instead completely disappears, leaving only a hint of a shadow on the ground. The shadow jolts forward at the Pichu, and with a flash the Litwick reappears, his body phased into the Pichu's (or as much as possible, given the target's diminutive size). The Pichu's shock at suddenly carrying an additional passenger is immediately replaced by the cold sensation of a ghostly possession, a chill to its very bones. A moment later, Eli bounces out, cackling and laughing at his target's expense.

    "Hey, new move!" Jim cheers. "Nice work!"

    Eli learned Shadow Sneak [Special/Ghost/Priority]! Eli spent 1 EXP (11 EXP remain)!

    Eli used Shadow Sneak on enemy Pichu!

    His life no longer in danger, Jim notices the faint buzzing in his pocket indicative of his Pokedex receiving new messages. Still holding the Pokeball in his right, he takes out the Dex with his left hand and... deftly... enters a reply.
    V bsuy nw. Gt pkm on t hook. meert up n 15/?

    On second thought, he considers as he sends the message, he probably should have used both hands. Oh, well.

    Terrendos on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    edited February 11
    ~ Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:
    Jim

    Confused by the sudden disappearance of its foe, as well as the interference of the Magnemite, the Pichu has too little time to settle on a new target before Elijah steals a spectral march on the Tiny Mouse Pokemon, invading its personal space as only a Ghost can.

    Elijah used Shadow Sneak!
    Pichu took 3 Damage!
    It's not very effective...


    Shocked and shivering from its close encounter of the candle-kind, the wild Pichu is left dazed and vulnerable for a moment.

    Pichu is Stunned! (Which means you can catch it, for those playing at home)

    Not yet fully assured of the safety of them and theirs, the three Magnemite hover protectively near the texting Jim. They seem very well-socialized for wild Pokemon. That is, if they are wild.

    Battle Status
    - Eli [ ||||||||
    ­ ]
    - Magnemite [ ||
    ---­­- ] -1 Df
    - Pichu [
    ---­---­ ] STUNNED

    Marshmallow on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~ Kalos Route 3: Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:

    A new experience for Jim, he hucks the Pokeball at the stunned Pichu, the Faraday he'd purchased from the Pokemart emitting a brilliant cyan light as the Pichu disappears inside. The Pokeball wavers back and forth for a few tense moments as Jim holds his breath and holds up both clenched fists in excitement. Sweet Lotty had been a volunteer to join him, and he and Eli had both picked each other. He'd never attempted a forced capture like this before. So when the ball finally ceases its shaking and emits its characteristic bing indicative of a successful capture, he lets out his breath and looks down at Eli with a smile.

    "That's my candle!" he says cheerfully, jogging over to the dropped Pokeball to reclaim it. That task complete, he turns to the trio of Magnemite and contemplates them.

    "Huh, you guys seem pretty tame. You have a trainer or something already?" he approaches calmly, with open arms, and gives the nearest one a gentle pat. "Regardless, I appreciate you watching out for Eli. How about I patch up your injury? It's the least I can do." He pulls a Potion out of his pack and sets about treating the injured fellow. At the same time, he chances a scan with his 'Dex. Surely this device must be able to tell if these Magnemite have already been caught?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ~Route 22: Détourner Way: Today, I guess~

    Walking up to the Rhyhorn Racing Track, Richter chances a quick peek at the rest of the trail.
    Plumes of dust are emerging intermittently from the mouths of the caves along side it, and Richter tingles a bit at the thought of the mountainous megaliths that must be making these disruptions.

    Still, perhaps later.
    One thing a lab coat is not, is blast-proof.
    You might need a few of those. Like a hundred or so, secured around the waist with some sort of sash.
    Then hopefully the force of any oncoming rocks would be dissipated across the entire internal structure and..

    As Richter meanders towards the petting zoo, North and Keyanu tag along behind.
    North has dismounted, and heads towards the Rhyhorn stalls hoping to talk to a fellow rock/ground type about whatever rock/ground types talk about.
    Perhaps great places to eat?
    Keyanu sulkily tails along, worn from the chase through town, and looking for an opportunity to get some payback.
    ... One that isn't immediately deflected by North's craggy exterior.

    Richter finds himself face-to-face with a Rhyhorn rider, who is cheerfully greeting the local kids (and accompanying adults) as they enter the zoo.
    In Kalosian.

    'Ah.. ', Richter fumbles with his flip-dex as he attempts to find the language app buried within it somewhere
    'Welcome, then!', replies the slight woman, grinning broadly.
    'Welcome to the Santalune Racetrack! I'm Marie, and our fantastique animals await you in the pens over there.'
    She points off in the direction North and Keyanu disappeared.
    'Ah, but perhaps you were hoping to see a race? We do not race on weekdays unfortunately, but if you come back later this week you can join the excitement!'

    'Well,' Richter hesitates, feeling a bit silly coming to a racetrack and not wanting to see a race, 'I was more wondering what the eruptions were beside the route up the road a bit. I don't suppose your Rhyhorn have been sourced from the caves?'

    ~ Trainer's School, shortly after tea, a little before supper, yesterday ~

    Richter's eyes widen.
    'The tower of mastery?', he mouths, tasting the words on his tongue, 'What sort of mastery is taught there?'
    A little sheepishly he adds, 'And where's Shalour City?'

    Next door, the kids beat Richter handily in the eye-widening competition, as Keyanu suffuses the crowd in a shower of soft sparkles.
    North breathes a sigh of relief, as he handily snatches up a pillow to place on his head.
    He has been holding his hands over his glass mohawk for minutes now, and the kids had almost cracked him by tickling his exposed armpits.
    Also rocks fall, Beatrix dies. So says the DM.
    That Onix has too much health, you done did it @TiamatZ

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    No matter what I change, the girl still dies
    TiamatZ
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 12
    discrider wrote: »
    Also rocks fall, Beatrix dies. So says the DM.
    That Onix has too much health, you done did it @TiamatZ
    Nonsense... I just need indoor sprinklers, and a supercharged Pikachu.

    ...

    Oh wait...

    Beatrix – P [][] /K [] /M- /N[][] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8
    Vance - 10/10


    ~ Route 22: Détourner Way ~

    As she heard the low rumbling, she blurts out a joke to Moriarty, “Seriously? Are you still hungry, Moriarty?” She stifles a giggle.

    Moriarty merely gives her a severe glare at her direction. Of course that wasn’t me…

    It would have been louder. Wonder if I can find any rock candy in this dump.

    It was only as the ground started to shake violently that they realized they might be in serious danger. Unbuttoning her trench coat, she uses it as a substitute blanket, covering her two partners from any falling debris and as much of the dust as possible.

    By the time the dust settled, she was still coughing erratically. Rubbing her eyes, she scans the room. She breathes a sigh of relief, knowing her partners seemed to have weathered the worst. “Everyone okay?" she coughs. Vance gives an approved thumbs up, while the Murkrow merely waves one of his wings casually. "Good to see you guys have made it through… now though…” She takes a few steps forward, only to be blocked by strange… dark… boulders?

    “Hey… wait…” She does a complete one-eighty, only to be stopped by similar looking stones. “A minute…? Something’s not…”

    It was then the boulders started to move, disappearing into the darkness. “RIGHT?!” She yelps. As if on instinct, she anxiously points her light above, only to be rewarded with the head of what she could only dreadfully describe as ‘an actual wyrm from the dark shadowy pits of the deepest abyss’. The fact the darkness merely accentuates the obsidian edges of the rock snake merely made it look even more threatening. She hears the clatter of rolling stones and boulders, and she could not help but feel a pang of nervousness. Her partners felt the same way, Moriarty even more so after realizing the creature’s vast size.

    “You… you’re a…BIG one, aren’t you?” she stutters sheepishly. The creature returns a cave-shaking roar at the question. “AndprettyMEANtooEEEP!” she squeaks.

    - Through the burning craggy battlefield - :whistle:

    Regardless, both she and her two Pokémon knew they were in danger. Guess now’s good than ever to test what they've learned, she thought to herself. “Moriarty, remember that loud screaming pitch from this morning? When I give the signal, use it here! Maybe the sound might disorient it or something. Vance, cover your ears, and when he’s done, ready yourself! Time to find that inner strength and use it to your advantage!” On cue, she covers her own ears, just to avoid the inevitable echo that’s about to reverberate across the cave…

    "NOW!" She yells out.

    Turn Order:
    Round 1: Moriarty uses Screech on wild Onix
    Round 2: Switch out, and have Vance use Focus Energy


    TiamatZ on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited February 14
    Isaac Emil - [Myth Maniac] - 5/5
    PKMN - [Omen: An Initiation]
    Sierra - 11/11
    Maven - 8/8


    ~Santalune Gym~

    Sierra pauses, then blinks, her eyes squint, and then open, and she raises a half-smile of acknowledgement to the preconceived ghostly adversary. Despite what the spook may or may not do to bring these sort of emotions to bare, unless Sierra was going to start traveling with the young girl she might as well let it do it's job. She undoes her meddling and glances up at Isaac.

    The spooky sapping might have mellowed Isaac enough to believe his eyes but at this point of time of now he just can't. "Oh, this is a good one!" he remarks as he reveals the tarot to predict the young trainer's pokemon future.

    UGbf7h7.png

    "A matriarch figure, of types with influence over natural life, creation, and healing would be a good complement to your phantump. That generally means grass, bug, fairy, though sometimes ice and water can fit." He pauses for a few seconds as he sifts his memory on non-fortunetelling topics. "...this is the bug gym, right? Combee's evolution fits, it's on the card afterall, but an off-type sewaddle would fit nicely, assuming your phantump is grass-type."

    Rawkking Goodguy on
    Marshmallow
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    ~ Santalune Gym ~
    Isaac

    Samuel pinches the bridge, and his daughter's eyes glitter with smugness, as Isaac explains the heart of this particular card.

    "Well," Samantha says brightly. "Can't argue with fate."

    "We will talk about this," Samuel insists. "Later." Samantha doesn't look happy about that, but seems willing to bank this minor victory for the ongoing war effort.

    The Phantump blows a raspberry at Sierra, unaware that its time as an only child may be running out. Maybe Sierra can sympathize.

    "Thank you for your assistance, nonetheless," Samuel tells Isaac with halting politeness. "Unfortunately I am quite busy and have Gym business to attend to. Good day to you." He turns to go, leaving Isaac alone with a thoughtful Samantha.

    ~ Dark Cavern (Route 22) ~ :whistle:
    Beatrix

    Moriarty hovers in place, head snapping back and forth as he tries to find the best angle to unleash his screech at the formidable foe, but the Onix's speed and the cave's darkness continually thwart him. As soon as he thinks he's got a target in the corner of his eye, it melts back into the shadows before he can get a bead on it.

    With a shuddering clatter, the air fills with falling stones, and Moriarty is forced to frantically fly to save his feathered skin as massive rocks plummet around him. Miraculously, the ambient light in the cave rises slightly as some few thin pillars of sunlight find their way through the ravaged ceiling, though this is a mixed blessing as you can now nearly fully appreciate the size of the behemoth you're up against, currently raking its head through the massed stalactites to pelt its enemies below with the debris.

    His luck finally running out, Moriarty takes a glancing blow from a boulder, nearly enough on its own to send the Darkness Pokemon spiraling to the floor.

    Onix used Rock Slide!
    Moriarty took 7 Damage!
    It's Super Effective!


    Barely holding on to his consciousness, Moriarty finally has a clear shot at the Onix in the improved light, though as the Murkrow takes in a breath, he's beaten to the punch by the Onix itself, which reacts to Moriarty's preparation to attack by roaring an earthshaking challenge of its own that quashes the Flying Type's fighting spirit.

    Onix's Intimidate was Activated!
    Moriarty's Attack and Special Attack Fell...


    Not giving up yet, Moriarty lashes back with an earsplitting screech of his own, the two dueling cries of aggression echoing unbearably loud through the cavern. While both Beatrix and Vance have hands to hold to their ears to weather the storm, the Onix's serpentine form has no such advantage, which naturally only seems to make it angrier.

    Moriarty used Screech!
    Onix's Defense Sharply Fell!


    His duty done, Moriarty retreats from this seemingly impossible match-up, letting Vance walk up to the plate in his stead. Got it ready for ya, it's all yours, kid.

    Moriarty Returned!
    Go, Vance!


    Stepping into the breach, Vance is immediately met with another raked shower of rock from the Onix's continuing rage against the walls and ceiling of the cavern. Despite dodging some boulders, and pummeling others into gravel before they can strike, even the Pancham's best efforts aren't enough to stop the Playful Pokemon from eventually being buried under a pile of falling rubble.

    Onix used Rock Slide!
    Vance took 2 Damage!
    It's not very effective...


    ...But that's not nearly enough to keep the tyke down for the count, not even close. Shoving away sheets of rock bigger than he is, Vance walks out of the dust-clouded devastation, brushing bits of grit off his shoulders and cracking his knuckles.

    Responding to Vance's tacit challenge, the Onix leans in to subject the Pancham to another rumbling, stomach-churning roar of intimidation.

    Onix's Intimidate was Activated!
    Vance Breaks the Mold! :whistle:
    Intimidate had No Effect!


    Wiping his nose with a tiny thumb, Vance bounces on the balls of his feet a few times to check his balance, then settles into an easy, loose stance, waiting for his next order.

    The Onix seems a little taken aback by the Pancham's nonchalance. This isn't how things usually go.

    Vance used Focus Energy!
    Vance is Getting Pumped!
    (Focus +4)

    Battle Status
    - Vance [ ||||||||
    --­ ] (Focus +4)
    - Moriarty [ |
    ---­---­- ] -1 At, -1 SA
    - Onix [ ||||||||||||||
    ] -2 Df
    Onix is huge, that means it has huge guts.

    ~ Trainers' school ~ Lunchtime, Doubly So
    Richter

    "Hmm," the old teacher says. "I suppose the mastery involves secrets about Mega Evolution? Even if Kalos is known for it, there are very few actual Mega Evolving Trainers, so those secrets must be well-kept. I imagine that kind of power comes with responsibilities and drawbacks that must be addressed, too, so maybe they have lessons about that sort of thing.

    "Even if you aren't interested in pursuing Mega Evolution, maybe some of those techniques will help out with regular old training? Could be worth a look if you're in the area."

    "Oh, and Shalour City is west of Coumarine City, you just follow Route 12 past the Skiddo ranch and there you are."

    ~ Route 22: Détourner Way ~ Time Is An Illusion
    Richter

    "Oh, that," Marie replies, using her hand to shade her eyes as she watches the caves overhead. "Nothing to worry about, I expect the Rangers have their hands full checking Victory Road out before it opens to Trainers. It's closed in the off-season, so when the League starts up again they have to do a little 'spring cleaning', make sure nothing important has gotten burrowed through or collapsed by the Pokemon that live there."

    "Victory Road is intended to a challenge, to be sure, but it would send quite the wrong message if it was a death trap, non? The local fauna don't take kindly to all the activity, to be sure, so a little quaking and shaking is to be expected before things settle down in a week or two. 'Pardon the dust', as they say."

    "Rhyhorn aren't actually native to Victory Road, so the Rhyhorn were mostly captured in Glittering Cave, out in southwest Kalos. Those were the distant ancestors of the ones we race nowadays, of course. Practically none of our current steeds were caught in the wild, since wild Rhyhorn tend to have too much armor and not enough speed and maneuverability to be competitive on the track with the ones we reared and trained ourselves. There's a very informative plaque explaining the differences in physique by the pens, if you're at all interested."

    ~ Santalune Forest ~
    Jim

    The Junior Trainer's Pokedex pings as it loads data on his newest acquisition for him to peruse at his leisure.

    =============
    Name:
    Species: Pichu
    Type: Electric/Dark
    Exp: 0/21
    =============
    Loyalty: Neutral
    Demeanor: Mischievous
    Need: To be the center of attention
    Quirk: Mean-spirited
    =============
    Weak: Bug, Fairy, Fighting, Ground
    Resist: Dark, Electric, Flying, Ghost, Psychic, Steel
    =============
    Moves:
    Nibble [Physical/Dark/Harass (Df)]
    Parting Shot [Special/Dark/Cowering]
    Nuzzle [Physical/Electric/Harass (Sp)]
    Thundershock [Special/Electric/Ranged]
    Nasty Plot [Status/Dark/Focus]
    =============
    Stamina: 6
    =============
    HP - 2 At - 3 Df - 2
    Sp - 2 SA - 3 SD - 2
    =============
    Assists: [Electrify], [Sneak]
    =============

    New Style!

    Cowering
    The User chooses an Ally in the same Arena. All attacks that would Target the User instead target that Ally until the end of their next turn.

    The Magnemite do indeed seem to be rather tame, and the injured one submits to Jim's efforts with a potion without a great deal of hesitance, while the other two crowd around to watch curiously. Set to passively scan, the Pokedex does its slow-and-steady best to collect what it can about these uncaptured Magnet Pokemon.

    After wrapping up with his amateur first aid, and leaving the healed Magnemite to be inspected by its fellows, Jim can look at what the 'Dex pulled up.

    The Pokemon appear normal enough for their species, all three of them being the standard Electric/Steel Type. They're very slightly underleveled for the area, which makes sense considering they were all registered only a week ago with Kalos League IDs at the Santalune Pokecenter. Their trainer status is "released via PC", so it seems like someone hatched (or, uh, maybe manufactured?) a few of them and only kept the best one, leaving the rest to be reintroduced to a suitable environment, which Santalune Forest seems to have fit.

    Jim certainly seems to have a talent for stumbling across released Pokemon, though these ones at least got a much better time of it than Lotty did.

    Marshmallow on
    TiamatZ
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Santalune Forest ~

    "Not what I expected," Aleksandr admits as he returns Sila to its Pokéball. "We'll get you healed up quickly, friend. Borzoi, knock that Fletchling out, but beware its speed, that last attack beat Sila's Quick Attack." He crouches, and grips a handful of the Rockruff's mane for an encouraging scruffle, before sending the Puppy Pokémon out.

    Borzoi, absolutely ecstatic to be let off the leash, so to speak, bounds into action. That is to say, she makes a beeline for the grounded fire bird, her charge sending up plumes of dust as her paws pound through the ash left by the Fletchling's attack. She leaps high, propelled by her powerful back legs, and aims to plant both forepaws on her opponent, hopefully to pin it to the ground.

    Borzoi uses Smack Down!

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    edited February 16
    ~ Santalune Forest ~
    Aleksandr

    Vanishing in a flash into their Pokeball, the temporarily inconvenienced Sila is replaced on the field by the exuberant Borzoi, hopping happily at her inclusion in the battle, while still heeding her Trainer's warnings.

    Outsped all the same, the Fletchling gives another trilling challenge before wreathing itself in flame as before, taking to the air for another fiery charge at this new foe.

    Fletchling used Flame Charge!
    Borzoi took 1 Damage!
    It's not very effective...
    Fletchling's Attack Rose!


    The doughty Rockruff shrugs off the resisted blow with ease and enthusiasm, however, cheerfully chasing after the airborne avian for a few leaps before jumping up and tackling it to the ground in a dusty heap.

    Borzoi used Smack Down!
    Fletchling took 5 Damage!
    It's Super Effective!
    Fletchling's Speed Fell!


    Rolling free and to her feet, Borzoi darts back and forth around the stunned Fletchling, barking challenges and making mock charges as she waits to see if her new friend has any fight left in it.

    Fletchling was Stunned!

    Battle Status
    - Borzoi [ |||||||||
    ­ ]
    - Fletchling [
    ---­----­--x ] +2 At, -1 Sp, STUNNED

    Marshmallow on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~ Kalos Route 3: Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:

    Jim reads the description carefully. "Center of attention, huh? I can work with that."

    All distractions aside, he's able to put down a more coherent response to the group chat.
    In Santalune Forest right now, but I'm about done. Ping your GPS and I'll come find you.

    He glances up at the friendly Magnemite buzzing around him. Couldn't hurt to ask.
    Anybody need an electric or steel type? Found some trainer-friendly Magnemite.

    While he waits for a response, he withdraws the newest capture from his pocket and presses the release.

    The Pichu reappears in a flash of cyan light, and Jim kneels down to get as close as possible to eye level with the minute creature.

    "Listen up, little fella. You may not be aware of this, but you... are... adorable. I mean, like, 12 on the 1-to-10 Adorability Scale. You stick with me, and every young lady we meet is going to want nothing more than to play with you. Even more than that, I can put you out on the field and you can have a real audience watch you strut your stuff! But first, you should apologize to these very kind Magnemite who I'm thinking you pestered into chasing you."

    After all, cultivating a following just has to be a big part of being a successful League trainer, right? And if it just so happens that the start of his teeming fans is a group of fangirls cooing over one of his Pokemon, what difference does it make?
    Hey Marsh, I forget: what can change the Demeanor/Need/Quirk of a Pokemon?

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    edited February 16
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Hey Marsh, I forget: what can change the Demeanor/Need/Quirk of a Pokemon?

    Ah yes, the third and last question, which has murdered many others to whom it has been asked.

    Truth: "Much like Evolution, you change those when something significant happens that might challenge it, or it otherwise makes sense to do so. That is all."

    I was actually going to mention that Lotty gaining her Ability would be a good chance to change/improve her Demeanor if you thought it would be nice to have a less depressed Feebas.

    Also, I'm out of town the next two evenings, so posting will... you know, probably be about par for the course. Might be able to type something up on my DS I guess, or borrow a computer for an hour.

    Also here's those Fletchling stats if @Kay wants them, since the next post may include a "ping" somewhere and Aleksandr's Pokedex loading them up so I can get a bit ahead of that.
    =============
    Name:
    Species: Fletchling
    Type: Flying/Fire
    Exp: 0/26
    =============
    Loyalty: Neutral
    Demeanor: Quirky
    Need: Socialize With Others
    Quirk: Eager to Fight (With Non-Teammates)
    =============
    Weak: Electric, Rock, Water
    Resist: Bug, Grass, Ground, Fairy, Ice
    =============
    Moves:
    Flame Charge [Physical/Fire/Boost (At)]
    Wing Attack [Physical/Flying/Priority]
    Peck [Physical/Flying/Mobile]
    =============
    Stamina: 10
    =============
    HP - 3 At - 3 Df - 2
    Sp - 4 SA - 2 SD - 2
    =============
    Assists: [Fly], [Burn]
    =============

    Marshmallow on
    Kay
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited February 16
    ~ Santalune Forest ~

    Aleksandr fishes a Pokéball from his messenger bag, primes it, and tosses it towards the stunned Fletchling. "Good GIRL," he tells Borzoi, kneeling down to give her a rough rubbing - just the way she likes them. "You took it out with one hit, girl. You want to play with Volnoy," the youth asks, looking across towards the Buizel with a wry grin, "Or do you want to work out some frustrations on the local buglife, get some practice and training in? I've got some potions to wake up anything you knock out, so it shouldn't be too bad."

    Volnoy, when addressed, shakes his head and gestures around to the trees with a firm 'Bui,' - it's pretty obvious that he considers his playtime with Borzoi spent for the near future, after that training back at the gym.

    With a shrug (mirrored by Volnoy), Aleksandr gestures to the forest around the group. "Go sniff some Caterpies out," he suggests to Borzoi, while training his Pokétch on the hopefully captured Fletchling. "Then we'll go heal up at Santalune and see what the others are up to. After replying to these messages, anyhow."

    Borzoi's affirmative bounces off the nearby trees as she throws herself boistrously into the undergrowth, sniffing about and attempting to flush out some easy experience as the gently shaking Pokéball *pings* with a successful capture. "Wow, it's fast," Aleks tells Volnoy, showing him the readout. "But you're stronger. I think you'll get on well with this Fletchling, it seems very competitive and also rather friendly. Should help smooth out Borzoi's silliness and Sila's seriousness." He packs away the ball, and starts on after the hunting Borzoi, while composing a message to the others.

    'Magnemite is strong, Jim, but I think I'd prefer a Luxray if I were to train an electric type. Thanks, though! Here's my GPS location anyhow. Anyone want to meet up with Jim and I, or should we rendevous back at Santalune?'
    I was tooling around in HeroForge for our local D&D game, when I figured I'd try and build an Aleksandr model.

    e52kpyr2cvsv.png

    Hah! Literally while I was typing things up! I'll amend my post.

    Namesnamenames.

    Torn between 'Rhazga' and 'Zhara'. One is a bit more feminine, the other more masculine. 'Zhara-ptitsa' is a bit too much of a mouthful.

    Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    MarshmallowTiamatZ
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited February 17
    Isaac Emil - [Myth Maniac] - 5/5
    PKMN - [Omen: An Initiation]
    Sierra - 11/11
    Maven - 8/8


    ~Santalune Gym~

    Isaac has a faint inkling that this girl might be more interested in getting a new pokemon than fortune telling. Why, he's not really sure, because it's been a great help to him. Completely right all the time, some of the time.

    So she's looking to get a second pokemon, huh? Isaac has two pokemon too, and he acquired Maven whe - oh!

    "Are you looking to start the league challenge soon?" he asks.

    Sierra is a bit confused by the raspberry. Maybe he can't tell she undid her own meddling?

    Well whatever. How's your human faring? she queries, turning her head towards Samantha and back.

    Rawkking Goodguy on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 18
    Beatrix – P [][] /K [] /M- /N[][] / V [][]
    Moriarty – 8/8
    Vance - 10/10


    ~ Dark Cavern (Route 22) ~ :whistle:

    Returning the Darkness Pokémon back to his ball, she cheers the Playful Pokémon on. “Yeah, Vance! Let’s show this big lunkhead not to mess with Team Beatrix! Give that big rock snake a taste of your Arm Thrust!”

    Retaining her positive façade, her thoughts were more of a serious nature. Sorry Moriarty. I know you did your best, but this guy’s in a different height, weight AND speed class against you. Even I was caught off guard by its speed! Still…

    She looks back at the battlefield. I worry for Vance. He may tough it out, but who KNOWS what that sinister serpentine has up its metaphorical sleeves? A nearby rock crashes next to her, no doubt a loose stalactite that was too late to join its previous compatriots in the Onix's attack. Yeah, I'm not exactly in a good spot of my own, which reminds me...

    Making herself scarce, she finds a more strategic spot to oversee the rocky rumble. Satisfied she found one behind an outcropping, she drops down onto her knees, and start rummaging through her backpack.

    Gotta think of something fast. I got us into this mess! Might as well get us out of it as well! Ain’t no way Beatrix Spencer is gonna be some damsel to this!

    Maybe something in here might help?
    Notebook? Nope.
    Binoculars? Really?
    Disguise kit with portable make up mirror? Nah.
    Disposable Cam… waitamminit…HOLD THE PHONE!


    She looks back at the discarded disguise kit… or rather, the make-up mirror. The first thing that crossed her mind was why did she not remember ever putting that in her bag before leaving Unova. The other being just how strong the rays of light were. A devious plan was starting to form within her mind. Worth a shot, right?

    “Vance!” She yells out. “Give that overgrown rock worm another taste of your Arm Thrust if he so much as tries to attack you! I got an idea…”

    And with that, she pulls out her mirror, and starts finding a nice ray of light to focus her mirror with. Her target: The Onix eyes. This way she can distract the lumbering lummox long enough to give Vance an advantage. If she can’t physically help her team out, then she can sure as at least help them out SOMEHOW.

    Round 1:
    Vance uses Arm Thrust!

    Round 2:
    Beatrix uses a VOLTAGE for the mirror.
    Vance uses Arm Thrust!
    Onix is huge, that means it has huge guts.
    64px-BT198.png Turned my back . . . that was stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid Onix! You`re stupid! And you`re gonna be stupid and dead!
    64px-BT674.png RIP AND TEAR!
    64px-BT198.png You show em, Kid!

    TiamatZ on
    Marshmallow
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    edited February 24
    ~ Dark Cavern (Route 22) ~ :whistle:
    Beatrix

    As the Rock Type continues to whip violently through the half-darkness, the air ceases being filled with rocks and instead fills with sand, the airborne dust reacting to the wind of the Onix's rapid passing by forming eddies and streams of harsh grit. Stuck in the middle of the impromptu sandstorm, Vance is worn down a little, escape made difficult by the interference of unpredictable and unpleasant gusts.

    Onix used Sand Tomb!
    Vance took 2 Damage!
    Vance is Trapped!
    (until End of Onix's Next Turn)

    Striding within the maelstrom, the Pancham targets the Onix with a familiar flurry of practiced blows, made all the more effective for the Fighting Type's unassailable focus and impeccable form. Vance punches way above his weight class, it seems.

    Vance used Arm Thrust!
    Onix took 8 damage!
    It's Super Effective!
    Vance's Focus was Expended! :whistle:


    Movement momentarily halted as it comes under a hail of strikes from the tiny terror, the immense bulk of the Onix stops Vance from driving it back, even as its craggy armor shakes and shatters under the devastating attack.

    [Huge] Assist - Onix Resisted the Shift!

    Finding herself a convenient beam of light to reflect while sidling along the outside of the raging sands, Beatrix angles her mirror and times her effort to avoid being lost in the sifting sands. As the entrapping storm dissipates and the Onix recovers from Vance's powerful offensive, the Junior Detective aims a distracting light across the Rock Type's eyes to interrupt its counterattack.

    WEVJj5B.gif Voltage Spent!
    Beatrix used Mirror Shot!
    Onix's Accuracy Fell!


    Its lengthy body rippling as it coils up, the Onix flicks its tail out at Vance, aiming to use its superior bulk to send the smaller opponent flying. However, Beatrix's distraction makes it blink and squint at the wrong moment, and Vance ducks under the bone-rattling tail sweep with inches to spare.

    Onix used Dragon Tail...
    ...But it missed!


    Going back on the offensive, Vance may have expended his full efforts on his first attack, but that still leaves plenty of oomph in the bank, and a special sale on Super Effectives.

    Vance used Arm Thrust!
    Onix took 5 damage!
    It's Super Effective!


    It's defenses overcome, the Rock Type is forced back, smashing into the wall behind it as Vance lays on the blows. "Not quite as bad as devastating" is still pretty bad as getting punched goes, and the Onix shakes, rattles, and roars its complete disapproval at getting thoroughly beat up by a very disciplined, kung-fu teddy bear.

    Battle Status
    - Vance [ ||||||
    --­--­ ]
    - Moriarty [ |
    ---­---­- ] -1 At, -1 SA
    - Onix [ |
    -­----­----­---- ] -2 Df

    ~ Santalune Gym ~
    Isaac

    "Hardly," the girl replies. "I get enough League nonsense through my father's connections. I'll train powerful Pokemon with unique Moves, but I don't think I need Badges or a pat on the back from some bureaucrat to make it worth my while."

    She bows, very slightly. "Samantha Yamazumi. Pleased to meet you. Don't mind my father, he's like that with everyone."

    The Phantump cackles, and Samantha indifferently targets the giddy specter with a kick as it floats by, but her foot merely sails through the unphased Ghost Type without effect. Sierra gets the impression this other Pokemon is not big on conversation, and also a huge weirdo.

    ~ Santalune Forest ~
    Aleksandr

    The Ace Trainer's device pings as the Fletchling is successfully captured and its status is loaded up. Aleksandr's messages to the other trainers shoot off into the ether as he pursues his Rockruff...

    Aleksandr gets 2 trainer Exp! (3)
    - Sila gets 2 Exp! (2/27)
    - Sila Loyalty improved to: Friendly!
    - Borzoi gets 1 Exp! (1/31)


    ~ Santalune Forest ~
    Jim

    The young Alolan man throws a mean team pitch, and even if the Pichu isn't getting the full gist of the sell, it recognizes praise when it hears it and Jim is enthusiastic enough for that to smooth over any bruised ego from being Ghost-ambushed for the time being.

    Chirping agreeably, the Pichu offers a tiny paw to one of the hovering Magnemite. The innocent smile looks a little more like a sneer when the Magnemite reachs out one of its magnets and receives a sharp shock from the Tiny Mouse Pokemon for its troubles. This of course backfires immediately, and the irate Pichu is quickly surrounded by the other two hopeful Magnemite, angling for a static buzzer handshake for themselves as well.

    Another plan foiled, the Electric Rodent is left to suffer the Magnet Pokemon's attention with half-hearted shoves and annoyed squeaking. At least it's the center of attention again, for what it's worth.

    Jim gets 3 Trainer Exp! (19)
    - Elijah gets 2 Exp! (13/43)

    Marshmallow on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 26
    Beatrix – P [][] /K [] /M- /N[][] / V [X][X]
    Moriarty – 1/8
    Vance - 6/10


    ~ Dark Cavern (Route 22) ~ :whistle:

    “You got him on the ropes, Vance!” Beatrix cries out triumphantly… before coughing from the airborne dust dispersing throughout the cavern.

    HACK! COUGH!

    Regaining her composure, she points back at the Onix. “Now, let’s finish that humongous hulk off with your tried and tested… Crush Claw!”

    Glancing at her arm, she soon noticed her X-transceiver was continuously flashing non-stop. Curious (and confidently believing her team had the situation under control) she activates it, noticing the dozen or so messages she missed while she was underground. Seems the Onix managed to enough holes for a signal to come through, if only just barely.
    Im yo!
    See you at next fun Richter
    Im sleep a bit now - R

    V bsuy nw. Gt pkm on t hook. meert up n 15/? - J

    In Santalune Forest right now, but I'm about done. Ping your GPS and I'll come find you. - J
    Anybody need an electric or steel type? Found some trainer-friendly Magnemite. - J

    Magnemite is strong, Jim, but I think I'd prefer a Luxray if I were to train an electric type. Thanks, though! Here's my GPS location anyhow. Anyone want to meet up with Jim and I, or should we rendevous back at Santalune?- A


    Route 22 atm.
    Can hook up @ Santalune if we can. Forest good 2nd. Will talk more l8r. Busy right nao!
    P.S.A: Bring flashlight to caves!
    I gotta say... some of these... uuh... acquaintances can sure be wierd, huh?

    (Somewhat) satisfied with her comment, she searches for any means of communicating with someone... ANYONE(!) who might help her out. Maybe the folks at the Rhyhorn race track? Nah, probably closed or at least has a skeleton crew to keep it active throughout the week until the weekend's more popular races. Perhaps the rangers could be of some aid? If the Onix escaped Victory Road, then surely they could be of some assistance to help her detain it (and maybe even capture this gargantuan goliath)? Maybe Monsieur Simone might know a way to directly contact the Rangers? Wait… if rangers are always active in the Kalos region, then surely there has to be an app or something for the concerned citizen to use and communicate directly with them?

    With a few keystrokes (and some well selected keywords added to a search bar) on her X-transceiver, the young detective managed to find said application on the Kalosian net… RangeFinder X/Y.

    Not really sure why they added the X/Y there? Maybe it's supposed to represent co-ordinates?
    Any rangers in the area of Route 22?
    Got a cave with a hostile Rock Snake looking mon here, BIG, HUGE, and ANGRY! Can send ping if needed.
    Help appreciated.
    -Beatrix Spencer
    Message sent, she looks back at the melee ahead of her. “You go, Vance!”


    Vance uses Crush Claw!
    Beatrix uses Network Token to [Call in a Favor]!

    TiamatZ on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Isaac Emil - [Myth Maniac] - 5/5
    PKMN - [Omen: An Initiation]
    Sierra - 11/11
    Maven - 8/8


    ~Santalune Gym~

    "Oh wow! You teach your pokemon powerful moves? Wait even better, unique moves?! Could you show them to Sierra?" Isaac says, picking up the eevee.

    "Ah! And it's Isaac. Isaac Emil, from Goldenrod, Johto."

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Updated my sheet stuff - Marsh, how would you like to handle Borzoi hunting for XP grind targets? I figured shorthanding some caterpie beating (one-shotting stuff just like in the gaaaames) might be some downtimey-experience stuff? Or is that not kosher?

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    edited February 25
    I don't see why not, as a sort of "extra credit" scene if you feel like a few extra Exp (like 2-3 maybe?) would be worth it for getting you enough to bump a stat you want or a Move or two extra before you do another Gym challenge.

    If it turns into a intragroup competition over who can troll more of the local wildlife for free-ish Exp, I might have to say it got lame and stop rewarding it.

    Marshmallow on
    Kay
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~ Kalos Route 3: Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:

    Jim smiles and nods approvingly at the Pichu's attempt to make nice. Yes, with a little work, he'll be a capital asset to the team. Now to come up with a name....

    Another ping from his Pokedex indicates new messages, so he takes a gander. "Ah, got word back from Alex," he says to Eli. "Won't he be in for a shock when he sees our new friend! Oh, and I wager Lotty's new look will be a surprise too." He continues reading. "Nobody interested in a Magnemite, though. Oh well, probably for the best they stick together. They seem to get along alright."

    He kneels down to break up the Pichu Party. "Okay, little man, time we get going." He addresses the Magnemite. "Thanks again for the assist. You be careful around here, and watch out for each other. You do that, I'm sure you'll be the tops of this place in no time!" After all, this forest seems pretty tame. Even a novice trainer would have no trouble with a Pokemon around here. Why, the very idea that someone could get one of their trained Pokemon knocked out by a wild Pokemon from this forest is almost implausibly ridiculous!

    "We've got Al's location, let's go!" Jim says. With the Pichu dashing alongside and Jim comfortably seated on Jim's shoulder, they head in the direction of the GPS ping that came alongside Al's message.

    <Assuming no interruptions....>

    A few minutes later, Jim pushes through branches into a clearing, where he catches sight of the distinctively-dressed trainer he'd been seeking. "Hey man, what's up?" He points to the Pichu that has done a surprisingly good job at keeping up with him, despite its diminutive size. "Check it out, new Pokemon! His name's Phineas, Finn for short!"

    'Finn,' as he is apparently now known, bounds up to the stranger and puts on his best cute face, inviting the man or the nearby Buizel closer. Those Magnemite may have liked getting shocked, but no way are either of these two going to be so pleased.

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:

    "RUFF!"

    *THUMP*

    "Piiiieeeee~"

    Borzoi noses at another stunned Caterpie, her tail wagging so exuberantly that her enter back end sways from side to side. Once she ascertains that the Bug-type isn't going to play anymore, she gives it a friendly lick, and catapults herself into the bushes again, following her keen nose on the way to another playmate.

    "That's five," Aleksandr notes in an aside to Volnoy, as he kneels down to spritz the Caterpie with a few puffs of mist from a hand-held Potion dispenser. "She's an absolute machine, but I think this place is a little out of her level range now," he confides. Volnoy nods his agreement, vocalising a decisive 'Bui,' before bending down to lightly slap the Caterpie's cheek. After a moment, it cracks one eye open in a daze, then loop-crawls into the undergrowth as fast and shakily as it can manage. The Buizel then points off in the direction Borzoi disappeared in, and the pair follow the obvious trail. "We should be heading back to the city soon, Sila and... hmm. Sila and Rhazga need some treatment at the Pokécenter, then we should introduce the newcomer to the team. I think it may get on very well with Borzoi, in particular."

    Moments later, both Trainer and the Team Star come across a fairly ludicrous sight. Borzoi has found another friend, and the boistrous Rockruff is doing her best to engage her new friend in her particular brand of rough play. The Hairy Bug Pokémon she's sniffed out is having absolutely none of it, though. A constant stream of sticky bug-silk from the spike at the Weedle's tail is managing to keep the Rockruff at arm's length, as the Puppy Pokémon bites and snaps at the strands, without a care as the ribbons cover her face and whiskers. She's probably swallowed a bunch of the silk already by the time Aleksandr and Volnoy recover enough to do anything. That anything, however, is to blink at each other, then look back to the duelling Pokémon.

    With a bark, a playful growl, and a steady advance, Borzoi closes the distance with little to no signs of stopping. Slowing, yes. Stopping? Not a chance. Eventually, she gets in range, and reaches out to 'boop!' the Hairy Bug's large, brightly coloured nose with one powerful forepaw. The angry, narrowed eyes instantly widen, turn to stunned X-shapes, and the Weedle keels over backwards.

    "You..." the Sinnoh trainer starts. "You're going to need a BATH," Aleksandr finishes, while pointing at the silk-covered Rockruff. Borzoi, for her part, seems to be having trouble moving. There's a fair amount wrapping her forelegs, and as the stuff dries, it tightens, making movements a little more tricky.

    Volnoy also points at the Rockruff as Aleksandr speaks, then offers his own brand of help by thoroughly [Soak]ing his battle partner with his tried and tested Water Pulse.

    And that's when Jim arrives.

    "Oh, hi, Jim," Al offers. Volnoy pauses in his high-pressure waterjet washing to raise a hand to Jim and his new Pichu. He then turns to see Borzoi approaching at speed, and blasts her with another torrent of water. Borzoi, knowing exactly how to deal with this situation, given how well it worked versus the Weedle, starts to bite, snap and bark in the face of watery adversity. Aleksandr then squats, and offers a hand to the Pichu. "Zdravstvuyte, Finn. No Static discharges, please. Borzoi is as proficient with Ground-type moves as she is at clowning around." It's a friendly smile he's offering, though.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    Marshmallow
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ~ Trainer's School ~ When you feel tired but don't want to sleep yet ~

    Richter rubs his nose, stifling a snort.
    This Mega-Evolution thing again.
    The Professor mentioned something about it, but I'm sure he would've pointed me to a library or pile of sources or some such.
    Can't have helped much though. Didn't see any Mega Evolutions around his lab.


    Richter shivered.
    Just Bidoofs. Lots of Bidoofs.

    "So, aside the few people who have managed to .. harness it, I haven't heard all that much about Megaevolution."
    Richter shrugs towards North, who is precariously and nervously balancing a small excited child on his head-cushion.
    "Many people don't even evolve their Pokémon, let alone mega-evolve them.
    What makes Mega-evolution different from just plain old evolution?
    Is it just harder to do?"


    ~ Route 22 : Détourner Way ~ Time is a spiral. Or perhaps one of those sets of concentric circles that only looks like a spiral? ~

    Richter scratches his head, making a mental note to check out the plaque.

    "This is all selective breeding then? That seems sort of ..
    Well, if your Rhyhorn is breed to have thinner plating, couldn't you take a rock chisel to a wild Rhyhorn and do the same thing?
    Or is it not as easy as that?
    You'd have to be careful of course..."

    North meanwhile is regaling his new Rhyhorn buddy with tales of his adventures:
    MDP074.png
    "So you know the Sphinx right"
    20081209130209%21MDP111.png
    "You were over there?"
    "Yep! And I ate its nose right of its face!"
    "Really?"
    "Yeah.... no. But could you imagine? You'd be famous!"
    "Then who did?"
    "Nobody Nose!"

    Keyanu is floating around the pens, pouting a bit.
    Stupid ground types.
    Floating up to the gate, Keyanu looks up at the megaphones that dot the racetrack.

    ....

    Keyanu learned Nasty Plot! (Fairy, Status, Focus (Sp Atk))

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    No matter what I change, the girl still dies
    Marshmallow
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Just Bidoofs. Lots of Bidoofs.
    Wheeler_Bidoof.png

    Marshmallow
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    ~ Kalos Route 3: Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:

    "Uhh, yeah, about that...." Jim trails off as Al's hand drifts dangerously close to an electrifying fate. Alas, he is not quite quick enough on the draw to get the Pokeball to his hand before Finn can release a shock. It's just a quick jolt, little more than what one would get after walking across a carpet on a dry winter day, before the telltale cyan flash calls Finn back to his Pokeball. "Sorry," Jim apologizes to Al. "Young little Pokemon like that, they get very excitable, and they don't know how to control their electricity very well yet." I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

    "Anyway," he says, quick to change the subject. "I saw your match at the gym. Nice work! I'm really surprised that Bonzai managed to fight so well in such a watery environment. She doesn't look like much of a swimmer, but I guess she had a good teacher."

    He glances over to the happy-go-lucky Rockruff getting a 'light' cleaning. "Doing a little training? I wouldn't mind a bit of that myself, actually. Perhaps Lotty and Bonzai can have a bit of a mock-up battle to work on some stuff? Oh, and what were you thinking for our next gym destination? Bea must have some killer connections around here! She did a great job locking down some local gyms. I think the Water gym to the south might be a good pick? Saves us having to come back this way later, at least."

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    ~ Trainer's School ~ Just Jump In 0 ~
    Richter

    Marlowe shrugs. "I'm not an expert, but as I understand it Mega Evolution's main characteristic is that it is a temporary evolution. People who don't evolve their Pokemon are happy with them the way they are, those who do chose to evolve their Pokemon are looking to change something about them - perhaps a different Type to fit better with their team, or new Moves to replace those that have gotten stale."

    "After exhausting those options, Mega Evolution perhaps offers a way to reconfigure your Pokemon's abilities, albeit in a way that can be rolled back. Having two options for the form for one of your Pokemon could be a boon in battle, especially with one of those forms being a bit more powerful than its base."

    "That and, well, I suppose it's flashy. Shiny Pokemon are sought for being different and rare. Some Trainers probably value Mega Evolution for it's worth as a rare talent to toot their horn about."

    ~ Route 22 : Détourner Way ~ 0 The Pit, Would Ya? ~
    Richter

    "As a temporary measure, I suppose you could," Marie agrees. "The shell does grow back though, and its easier to keep up on other elements of their training regimen when you aren't having to sand down armor regrowth once a day or so."

    ~ Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:
    Aleksandr, Jim

    The trio of Magnemite buzz, and waggle a hovering farewell to the departing Jim. Nothing of importance stops him from reconvening with the nearby Aleksandr and his overly playful Rockruff.

    For Beating Up Some Bugs
    - Borzoi gains 1 Exp!
    For Being Entertaining While Doing It
    - Borzoi gains 2 Exp!

    ~ Santalune Gym ~
    Isaac

    "Well, I have taught a Pokemon a unique move," Samantha admits, eyeing her wandering Ghost Type. "I have a lot of the theory worked out though, so once I get more additions to my team I can work on applying it."

    She winces a bit at Isaac's suggestion to showcase a move. "Hora's Signature Move is a bit... dramatic, and also deals with temporarily altering another Pokemon's type. Honestly, I'm not sure what would happen using it on something so elementally malleable as an Eevee."

    ~ Dark Cavern (Route 22) ~ :whistle:
    Beatrix
    Copy, Trainer Beatrix. Aid en route.

    The app spits back almost immediately. An automatic message? Hopefully it got through.

    Taking another, more accurate, shot at nailing the troublesome Vance with a whip of its tail, the Onix manages to bat the Pancham across the confines of the cave. The tumbling Playful Pokemon manages to take out a few slim stalagmites before hitting the ground and leaping back to its feet, nodding confidently at Beatrixes cheer from the sidelines.

    Onix used Dragon Tail!
    Vance took 3 damage!


    Rolling his shoulders, Vance stalks forward towards his furious foe, stepping aside and leaping aloft to dodge thrown rocks and lashing tail sweeps as he inexorably advances. A final leap closes the intervening distance, and the air fills with roaring noise and gritty dust as the Pancham and Onix pit grasping claws against thrashing coils.

    Vance used Crush Claw!
    Onix took 3 damage!


    Unable to fight any longer, the Onix drops to the ground in a defeated daze, armor cracked and crumbling where Vance had seized and strangled at its doughty length.

    Onix was Finished! (+1 Trainer Exp!)
    Onix is Stunned!

    With a low hum and brief flash of light, a man in a stylish black-and-red outfit and a matching beret suddenly appears in the cave, alongside a stout, bipedal pink Pokemon with a vacant expression and a spiny (and strangely angry looking) shell attached to its tail.

    Straightening, and removing his hand from the shoulder of his Pokemon, the well-dressed and fine-featured man takes in the state of the cave, Beatrix, and the two scuffling Pokemon, his expression shifting from cool and calculating to deep concern.

    "Sacré bleu."

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:

    Aleksandr shakes his hand, sucking his breath in through his teeth after the sharp CRACK of static discharge. "I would say that seemed deliberate, either playful and misguided, or sneaky and mean." He shrugs, and straightens up as the Pichu is returned to its ball. "I'm sure you'll figure it out in time, some Pokémon are more of a handful than others," the Sinnoh trainer continues, glancing back towards Borzoi and Volnoy.

    Speaking of that pair, Borzoi still has streamers of silk fluttering from her ears, whiskers, chest and forelegs, but Volnoy's doing is best to blast it off with his water jet. The Buizel does turn his head, and squirt a quick pellet of water in the direction of Jim's face before turning back to the slowly advancing Borzoi to return to the cleaning. Aleksandr intercepts it with a palm, and flicks the droplets back at his battling partner.

    "Borzoi," Al corrects, calmly, before nodding his head. "She has been training with Volnoy, she is a strong swimmer, but not necessarily a skilled swimmer. There is a difference, she lacks subtlety but makes up for it with sheer power. Much stronger than she looks." When Jim suggests a battle between his Feebas and Borzoi, Al tilts his head some. "We could do so. Here, or back at the gym? I warn that a battle between a Water type and an earthy type like Borzoi may not make for a very fair battle. You would have the type advantage, most certainly." He taps two of the Pokéballs at his side. "Sila may be more fair - no type advantages there, though I would need to heal him at a Pokécenter first."

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    ~ Kalos Route 3: Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:

    "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's sneaky and mean," Jim admits. "I think Finn's going to have some issues to work out."

    "Oh, whoops, sorry Bor-zoi," Jim kneels and apologizes directly to the puppy, sounding the name out carefully. He turns back to Al. "Sorry, only heard it a few times, and well... your names are hard, man. No offense, but how's a crowd going to cheer and shout a name they can't pronounce? Err... assuming you care about that. Say, why do you want to be a League Champion?"

    Doing his best to make up for his new partner's rudeness to their master, Eli hops over to where the weasel and puppy are attempting to clean off, and examines the Rockruff's silky predicament. At first, it occurs to him that a puff of flame would probably get rid of it all, but then again, the weasel would probably think it was an attack and retaliate. Instead, he charges forward and phases straight through the pupper, dragging the silk from her ears as it sticks to him when he departs. He turns around and floats through, over and over, each time pulling away a bit more of the stringy mess, until at last Borzoi looks reasonably clean. Or at least, sans silk. Not much the ghost can do about mud. Having gathered all the silk on his own body, Eli phases one final time, and it falls to the ground in a small pile.

    "Lii!" he calls triumphantly. He turns to the Buizel, and makes a look as if to say, Aren't you glad to have a ghost like me around?
    Hey Marsh, what's a Champion typically do after they become Champion? What sort of jobs do they get in their adult life? Poke-FBI, putting down groups like Team Rocket?

    Terrendos on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Dubo DubonRegistered User regular
    edited March 3
    It depends on the champion in question. Some are content to tell children via commercial to eat their vitamins, say their prayers, and respect their parents and mostly show up on the regional equivalent of Wheaties boxes, others treat their position like a nigh political one and attempt to influence public opinion and enable societal change by espousing their opinions about this or that.

    Others end up accepting a role as the big guns of the League, called in to act as enforcers in the case of crisis like Criminal Team uprisings, Legendary Pokemon attacks, and to help control and settle areas after natural disasters. These would be your "Poke-FBI" who often work closely with Police and Ranger forces and lend additional strength to those organizations in times of need, but usually are ultimately beholden to the League (with the friction that can apply).

    Others will hermit up and cut themselves off from the rest of society, seeking to train themselves to yet higher levels of competency now that they've 'outgrown' most human rivals.

    A lot of the Pokemon tabletop games I respect mention that a good Pokemon Trainer can be considered virtuous because of their proficiency in Pokemon Training. Anyone who can wield power in a Pokemon battle can wield a bit of social and political power as well because your average person assumes (usually correctly) that if they can lead Pokemon well they must have some ability to be able to lead people also. Champions can be the epitome of this, since as the 'Best Trainer in the Region' they can lend an awful lot of clout to their ideas and opinions.

    Generally, however, a Champion may get up to whatever jobs they decide suit them, since, as Champion, there's very few people and even fewer organizations on the planet that can actually stop them from doing as they please. If you can land a Champion title, you are frighteningly powerful, and it's a good thing that Pokemon Training actually does tend to make you a decent individual via having to develop bonds of friendship and empathy with your Pokemon because a Champion 'going bad' is the kind of nightmare scenario that keeps League and Police officials up at night.

    Marshmallow on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:

    "Ah, then you perhaps have some work ahead of you to channel such cunning and... uh, urge to needle into an effective battling tactic. I do believe that 'annoyers' are a respected battle archetype, especially in double battles. Status moves that [Paralyze] or [Confuse], [Taunts] to encourage attacks, and dirty - but EFFECTIVE - strategies such as [Sucker Punch] and [Fake Out]."

    Borzoi accepts Jim's apology with a surprisingly gentle noseboop to his hand, face, or whatever's in reach when the other trainer kneels. She then immediately looks to Aleksandr for praise, and perhaps poffins. The Sinnoh youth complies by kneeling beside the Rockruff, and applying firm, somewhat rough rubbings through her rock-adorned mane, while offering a Cheri berry from his bag. "My names have meaning in my own language," he explains. "Volnoy is named for the waves of the ocean, powerful, graceful and deceptively quick. Borzoi is named for a canine 'mon trained to hunt, track and harry. As for being a Champion..." Al straightens up, and rubs between Borzoi's ears idly. "My parents are accomplished and quite famous trainers in Sinnoh. They have bested Victory Road, and battled with the Elite 4. The regularly cleaned up Double Tournaments before I was born, and now work more to train the trainers, breed strong Pokémon, and offer their expertise as needed. I aspire to be as competent as they are, perhaps moreso." He allows himself a small smile. "My ambition is to become the Champion of Sinnoh, and one of the strongest trainers in the Battle Isles. There is much reward to be had there. Powerful items, Technical Machines of high value, and of course the fame that comes with it." He pauses, then offers Eli a Cheri Berry in thanks for his efforts to clean Borzoi. "How about yourself? Why do you wish to challenge the League?"

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited March 3
    Isaac Emil - [Myth Maniac] - 5/5
    PKMN - [Omen: An Initiation]
    Sierra - 11/11
    Maven - 8/8


    ~Santalune Gym~

    "Well, could be something bad, but also could be something good." Isaac shrugs. "But that area is your wheelhouse, and Sierra's certainly got malleability in spades."

    Sierra glances over at Samantha, the chaotic ghost no longer seeming very interesting to the only involuntarily chaotic evolution pokemon as Isaac gives further explanation.

    "See, Sierra's got an unusual talent in that she can use a lot of moves. But not any one move, at least not reliably. I was hoping that she might be able to pick up the gist of something you developed. It seems like she has some control over these things? Could just be fate though!"

    "What is reliable is that she doesn't handle bug types well. But the tarot was pretty clear to challenge the gym anyways." He shrugs. "Doesn't mean we're gonna win, just that we should."

    Rawkking Goodguy on
Sign In or Register to comment.