Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Camp Comic] Friday, June 2, 2017 - Overemphasis

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, June 2, 2017 - Overemphasis

Overemphasis

Overemphasis

http://campcomic.com/comic/434

Read the full story here


Unknown User on

Posts

  • Sensei Le RoofSensei Le Roof Registered User regular
    Least he doesn't emphasize the wrong sylLAble.

  • SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    Linus, you sir, are getting a party!

  • briguybriguy Registered User regular
    In Malachi's defense of the inevitable party, it can be hard to tell when someone wants a party, says they don't, but will be upset if they don't have one and someone who really doesn't want one and will be upset if you throw one.

  • FlaxSeedFlaxSeed Registered User regular
    Malachi surprise party will arrive at the library at midnight and one, right?

    SIXyt
  • SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    In Malachi's defense of the inevitable party, it can be hard to tell when someone wants a party, says they don't, but will be upset if they don't have one and someone who really doesn't want one and will be upset if you throw one.
    Linus very obliviously does not want a party haha

    briguy
  • briguybriguy Registered User regular
    SIXyt wrote: »
    briguy wrote: »
    In Malachi's defense of the inevitable party, it can be hard to tell when someone wants a party, says they don't, but will be upset if they don't have one and someone who really doesn't want one and will be upset if you throw one.
    Linus very obliviously does not want a party haha

    True, but Malachi is dense and has a thing for surprise parties, wanting one for his birthday. Just maybe in his mind, saying you don't want a party is like saying you do, because how else can it be surprise if you know about it?

    And it's hitting me that if we get Linus's backstory with this, it's probably going to be the saddest birthday story ever.

    SIXyt
  • Isaac_D38Isaac_D38 Registered User new member
    that fifth panel though...
    amazing

  • neuroflareneuroflare TempeRegistered User regular
    I think I'm a professional cat-finder. I can find the cat before finishing the comic. This gives me anothr thought, maybe I care more about the Highlights-find-it portion of this comic than the main story sometimes.

    I guess I know Malachi is supposed to be a self-centered and arrogant kid... I just wish he'd... I guess be more like me and one of the background people in it... I retract my statement and will now look inwardly at my failures :/

  • sockroxsockrox Registered User regular
    Didn't find the kitty...but I did find batman.

  • hajenhajen Registered User regular
    I'm loving the little arc Malachi's facial expressions take from panel 4 to 6:
    • With a bead of perspiration, Malachi worried that he might have been too clever in his obtuseness, quickly throws up a smoke screen
    • pregnant pause (Is operation Brilliant Bamboozlement efficacious?)
    • shim sham successful (exit stage right)
    p.s. what's with the pinky finger? is Malachi taking on highfalutin airs? :D

  • briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited June 4
    hajen wrote: »
    I'm loving the little arc Malachi's facial expressions take from panel 4 to 6:
    • With a bead of perspiration, Malachi worried that he might have been too clever in his obtuseness, quickly throws up a smoke screen
    • pregnant pause (Is operation Brilliant Bamboozlement efficacious?)
    • shim sham successful (exit stage right)
    p.s. what's with the pinky finger? is Malachi taking on highfalutin airs? :D

    You know, I just tried to make his hand gesture and my pinky finger sticks out. I can close it if I think about it, but it sticks out otherwise. Weird. Haha.

    briguy on
  • SideshowJonSideshowJon Registered User regular
    This story arch is giving me a J. J. Abrams vibe

  • GarryAlwaysGarryAlways Registered User new member
    edited June 6
    Linus has got to know, right?

    GarryAlways on
  • davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    I think (but am surely wrong) that Malachi's pinkie finger is just to emphasize that Katie knows that humans (most of them, anyway) have four fingers and a thumb per hand and draws them accordingly. Three-fingered or thumb-less cartoon characters have always bothered me a little.

  • Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Linus probably knows Malachi's gonna throw him something, considering how well they know each other and Malachi's personality. It's no secret.

Sign In or Register to comment.