As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I am the very model of a modern Major [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    someone PM me when the new iphone is announced

I want a new one so badly

I constantly have to delete stuff because I have 16 GB storage

Shit sux

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    desc wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i would buy every trump building in in the world and change the name to D U M P

but if you buy the buildings you're just giving your money to trump

Is he even in the deal on most of them? I thought he was licensing his name only on most.

desc the real question is did you see my answer for what i would do with $200 billion on the last page*

i feel like you would appreciate this eccentrism

*edit: 2 pages ago, now

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    If I had a lot of money I'd totally do nothing all day, just play games.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    tell them about Democracy Now!

haha yesssss
    Podly pls note I am talking about Democracy Now! and not that comedy show I think you like called Documentary Now! I've never seen Documentary Now!

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Tinkles / Geth ,

Bend the knee.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Invest in atmospheric carbon scrubbimg
    This is probably the most correct.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    the low aims you guys have with your $200,000,000,000 makes me sad. Where is you child-like enthusiasm? Or your child-like sociopathy?

Man I just have the strong desire to live a pleasant life right now, and a lot of billion dollar aims come with way too much hassle and grief.

OH WAIT ACTUALLY

We would buy a League of Legends team and it would be greattttttt (definitely do not need billions to do that but whatever, many millions)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I'd hire a philanthropy manager and give them some priorities and feel satisfied with that.

I would sit around and play videogames and do creative things when I wanted to feel productive, and it would be fantastic. I think I'd currently buy an apartment overlooking rittenhouse square, but maybe also one of those two-story little houses in Cambridge? Maybe just one of the two and see whether I thought it was too overwhelming to own a place, let alone two.
    I'd hire a philanthropy manager and give them some priorities and feel satisfied with that.

I would sit around and play videogames and do creative things when I wanted to feel productive, and it would be fantastic. I think I'd currently buy an apartment overlooking rittenhouse square, but maybe also one of those two-story little houses in Cambridge? Maybe just one of the two and see whether I thought it was too overwhelming to own a place, let alone two.

I'd get good at cooking and shooting

I'd get *good*

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    So close to the anime

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    if i had $200 billion i'd play two games at the same time

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Basically I'd hire Tony Bourdain and Massad Ayoob to come hang with me permanently

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    the low aims you guys have with your $200,000,000,000 makes me sad. Where is you child-like enthusiasm? Or your child-like sociopathy?

Dude I just said I would play SimCity in real life

Except my city would only have bikes

No privately owned motor vehicles

Suck it car guys

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular

I'd get good at cooking and shooting

I'd get *good*

shooting people that you hunted on your own lavish ranch, right?

and right, "cooking".

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    If I had 200 billion I'd hack tinkles to give me the next chat

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    So wait. Instead of arguing pros and cons Mac or pc can someone just tell me what new intel processor will be best value and utility? I don't care about having a ton of cores if nothing utilitIzes them for so long I could just replace it for 10% the price when they'll get use.

Enough stuff is multithreaded these days that a quad core is a p good investment.

Yea quad core isn't a question. I was talking more about the crazy ones like what they're saying for the i9's. Will there be any real noticeable difference? I'm all about value hunting in my life/purchases.

primary consumer audience for the i9 chips are video streamers who play games.

It takes a lot of threads to,deal with webcam + fraps + transcoding + gane + streaming

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'd pay a great doctor to maintain me a constant but survivable high.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Its 9pm and I want to sleep booooo

• Options
    Oh

I'd ban a couple DnD regulars and bring a couple back

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I would do a game publishing/movie production company. That way I could finally tell people their ideas are bad and they should feel bad. Or just heavily invest in an existing production/publishing company and tell them the same thing. You could shave off a minute fraction of that cash and live handsomely for the rest of your existence and the existence of the next five generations of your bloodline. So might as well do something you always wanted to do.

Buy out the rights to all the abandoned franchises you like

make new studio to make you sequels to them that only you get to play.

SO MANY LEGACY OF KAIN GAMES

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Bend, robot.

• Options
    That reminds me

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    tell them about Democracy Now!

haha yesssss
    Podly pls note I am talking about Democracy Now! and not that comedy show I think you like called Documentary Now! I've never seen Documentary Now!

I'm aware, was just laughing because Democracy Now! has a very liberal bent that would probably rub the aforementioned person the wrong way

Documentary Now! is hilarious though, their send up of stop making sense was so perfect because it went even beyond ironically critical parody, it was closer to something like genuinely empathetic parody

And their take on the kid stays in the picture was just great because Robert Evans is so larger than life it's almost impossible to parody him, you just kind of make up fake stories that sounds like something Robert Evans would say

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I've got the next chat. watch!

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    So wait. Instead of arguing pros and cons Mac or pc can someone just tell me what new intel processor will be best value and utility? I don't care about having a ton of cores if nothing utilitIzes them for so long I could just replace it for 10% the price when they'll get use.

i5 if you just game and do some light web stuff

i7 if you game while streaming and encoding video

Ha yea never mind. I'll go to Moe's for this conversation later. I know a decent amount about tech and was looking for a more nuanced breakdown of pros and cons and thoughts on future proofing.

• Options
    I'd have Zack Synder direct everything

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I'd have Zack Synder direct everything

I guess I'd have to spend my 200B canceling out your 200B.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Geth, why don't you make the next chat for once

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 2.1

@Gooey will create the new thread
    @wandering is backup

This discussion has been closed.