As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Update: Three months and no job.

13»

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    What was the policy

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I'm going to be purposefully obtuse here. There is a general principal in IT and each company has different ways of doing it. Nobody, at any point, told me anything at all about this companies policy and how they enforce it. It was not in any self training course or employee handbook. I received no one-on-one training at all, let alone about any policies. Of course there are some things that don't have to be explicitly said, but I think I used common sense.

My guy at the staffing service said maybe this was just an excuse. I was there for nearly three weeks and got no training so maybe they overstaffed and wanted to cut someone. I'm not tore up about it like I was the last one. On Tuesday I will see what possibilities the staffing service has for me.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I bet he didn't put a symbol in his password.

• Options
    JusticeJustice Registered User regular
    I recognize this would be stressful and unpleasant, but consider having a brief phone call with whoever made the decision to see if they have some feedback for you moving ahead. It can be tough to know how others see us, but if it would help you succeed in a future job, it might be worth the unpleasantness.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    He mentioned he seemed sort of drunk due to new meds on his first day. I could see the company disbelieving the existence of the "new meds" if they've had problems with functional addicts before. One bitten, twice shy.

Please note, I'm not calling the OP a secret addict - just saying they might think that he was, because of his side effects.

CelestialBadger on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Were you let go for browsing non-work internet while on shift?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »

My guy at the staffing service said maybe this was just an excuse. I was there for nearly three weeks and got no training so maybe they overstaffed and wanted to cut someone.

I've been in the same place and I can almost guarantee this is the reason.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    It's been over three months and I haven't found another job. We are facing the loss of our car after April and possible eviction later on if we can't pay our rent. My wife is disabled and was getting SSI a few years ago, but the checks stopped for some reason. She re-applied. My son has a learning disability and may qualify for SSI as well, we applied at the same time. These kind of things often take months, but the guy at the SS office said ours should be quicker since my wife's is a re-application and children are typically quicker.

My wife broke her leg the week of Valentine's day and is still restricted to a wheelchair. I have to do all the driving for my family. I'm not certain we could get her family to fill that role if I do get a job.

Last weekend it was discovered that yet again a drug my psychiatrist prescribed me gave me Akathisia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akathisia) and I'm in the middle of a med change for depression and I am an absolute wreck of a human being. My arms and hands literally shake with fear, I forget to eat, I've dry heaved once when the fear overwhelmed me. I'm having trouble sleeping so I feel tired all the time.

I'm still seeing my therapist and taking my meds as my doctor prescribed. I'm working with a career counselor at the same office as my psychiatrist and therapist. I'm throwing out applications like confetti. If something does not break my way soon, I don't know what is going to happen.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    I wish things improve on your end soon man. You seem to be doing what is needed to get ahead but sometimes life takes a while to catch up to your efforts.

Yh6tI4T.jpg