As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Lone Wolf and Case

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    sami is a good wrestler who is bad at cutting promos and that is fine because he is a very good wrestler

All of Sami's best promos are him pretending not to know english and saying nothing except Si.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Nice that they're letting the women take actual ladder match bumps this time.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    sami's promo in nxt when he yelled at neville was really good

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Neurotic Sami Zayn is very good.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Magell wrote: »
    sami is a good wrestler who is bad at cutting promos and that is fine because he is a very good wrestler

All of Sami's best promos are him pretending not to know english and saying nothing except Si.

You're half right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv6qrCoN3GI

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    That was really good!

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    See WWE was that so tough...could have done that the first time

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I appreciate Ellsworth taking the nut shot on the way down.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    That was great. They've done a good job of bringing bliss into the main event scene and this has Carmella as the hottest woman on Smackdown which previously was between Naomi in part because of the championship and becky who is clearly the woman to bring down Carmella after she screws whoever.

Deep breath. Also I think they may be getting there with Nia and while I love Sasha I think it'd be cool to watch her beat bliss at summerslam.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »

Your half right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv6qrCoN3GI

Now to decide whether that or this is the best PWG promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSh2s_lmthI

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    Women's division main events Raw and Smackdown back to back. That's got to be a first. Next achievement unlocked at 10 credible wrestlers in the division on each show.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Oh my god

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Actually the best PWG promo is Topgun Talwar's "I'M THE PRO WRESTLING GORILLA NOW!!" promo. Or possibly the one where him and Hook Bomberry talk about melting down the PWG tag belts and injecting them so that they're now the PWG tag championships.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Actually the best PWG promo is Topgun Talwar's "I'M THE PRO WRESTLING GORILLA NOW!!" promo. Or possibly the one where him and Hook Bomberry talk about melting down the PWG tag belts and injecting them so that they're now the PWG tag championships.

Best PWG Promo is The Scrap Daddy's Tour of Las Vegas

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »

I refuse to believe the best of anything involves Adam Pearce.

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »

You right, you right.

• Options
    Drew Gulak is too good.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    That was some weirdly polite Japanese there Neville.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    That was some weirdly polite Japanese there Neville.

Being way, way too polite is the most common form of sarcasm in Japanese.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Watching Raw

What the hell is with this Transformers dude on commentary

I'm half expecting him to be like "how much do these guys weigh?"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I'm so glad Daniel Bryan's back on Talking Smack AKA The Kevin Owens Aftershow.

edit: Daniel Bryan AKA Sweet Beets

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Fuck these people trying to get a "what?" going during this Enzo and Cass segment

• Options
    Why is WWE having Itami fight Jericho and not putting it somewhere I can watch it?

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    Just fly to Japan man. Jeez.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    AJR wrote: »
    Just fly to Japan man. Jeez.

But I have to work in four hours, also I'm poor, also I should probably be asleep.

• Options
  • Options
    That women's gauntlet was fire

I didn't know Nia had it in her

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    BACHELORETTE WEEK 5 PART 1: PROLONGING MY SUFFERING
    FUCK, WE'RE STILL DOING THIS STUPID-ASS GROUP DATE WITH CAPTAIN ASSHOLE
    - I guess even the front-running white guys have started to realize Lee sucks. This counts as progress on this show.
    - Bachelorette also wants to prolong my suffering by not just immediately getting to this fireworks factory and instead show Bryan and Rachel bonding. Which sure, fine, this is not a racist asshole, so do things with him.
    - Kenny King is being way more calm than I would be in this situation, because I probably would have popped Lee in the face by now.
    - Bryan gets group date rose, and Kenny immediately gives a speech congratulating him for doing things the right way.
    - AND THEN KENNY DECIDES TO FUCKING EMASCULATE LEE IN FRONT OF EVERYONE, AND IT IS THE GREATEST. THE GUYS ARE FULLY BEHIND KENNY ON THIS ONE.

A ONE-ON-ONE WITH A POSSIBLE SERIAL KILLER
    - The show has been insistent on calling him Jack Stone the entire time, and I assume it's to helpfully identify him to authorities in a crime investigation.
    - Seriously, Jack Stone looks like he's killed a hooker or two in London.
    - Jack Stone believes that the houses in Hilton Head Island are haunted because they're old. Unsaid is that Jack Stone knows they're haunted because he can tell when a building has hosted a murder before.
    - Jack Stone and Rachel are both 30-something lawyers from Dallas, so I'm actually shocked they'd never run into each other before this show.
    - Rachel spends this early part of the date talking about how there's something missing in this relationship. I HAVE AN IDEA! PICK ME!
    - We cut away from this bad date to see Will explain DECADES OF RACISM VIA DOGWHISTLING to Lee, who doesn't understand things.
    - Lee complains that the Race Card has been played, showing that he completely understood the lesson Will tried to teach him.
    - Jack Stone gives us a wonderful serial killer smile before his dinner with Rachel.
    - I can already tell this dude isn't getting a rose.
    - Whelp, Jack Stone asks about Rachel's dad and now I KNOW he's not getting the rose.
    - Rachel is 5 seconds away from actually verbalizing my JACK STONE IS A SERIAL KILLER joke and I don't know what to do.
    - Jack Stone wants Rachel to know that his romantic day in Dallas with Rachel would be locking her in a room with him.
    - Jack Stone does not get a rose. Goodbye Jack Stone.
    - "Did they even eat?" - My mom, asking the important questions.
    - Jack Stone was so unimportant he didn't even get an exit interview as he gets driven away (possibly because he murdered the cameraman about 10 seconds after driving away).

WAIT SHIT THERE'S A ROSE CEREMONY STILL FUCK
    - Rachel was 5 seconds away from dropping a "I'm not here to make friends."
    - Rachel also cancels the cocktail party, which is awful for me, since there's still an hour left in this FIRST HALF OF A 2 PARTER THAT WILL VERY DEFINITELY FOCUS ON THE 2-ON-1 END ME NOW.
    - The producers put Kenny and Lee next to each other at the rose ceremony, because of course.
    - Someone named Matt gets a rose and I have no idea who this dude is. Has he been here the whole time?
    - "I think the people starting drama are going home, which is good for me." - Iggy, with the most ironic bit of commentary in the episode.
    - People who went home: Iggy, Tickle Monster
    - Tickle Monster gets one more tickle for the road. Reminder that Tickle Monster is an actual doctor and let the producers run with the Tickle Monster thing.
    - Iggy complains that his biggest issue was that he didn't talk about the other guys enough. My duuuuuuuuuuuuuude.
    - Anyway, off to Oslo!

OFF TO OSLO
    - The gang gets the Indiana Jones map treatment as they head to Norway.
    - Bryan gets a one-on-one to start, and Dean makes everyone laugh by suggesting he won't get a rose on this one. Bryan should be getting a rose since he isn't a serial killer.
    - Rachel and Bryan head to the Olympic ski jump arena, which looks crazy cool, and they're going to rappel down.
    - Rachel cracks a joke about the ski jump tower being 187 feet tall, and when the producer asks what that is, replies with "THAT'S MURDER!" What a lawyer.
    - Bryan and Rachel kiss while rappelling, which is really sweet but also really rude to the poor rappel workers who just wanted to go home to their families.
    - Calling my shot now: Bryan is either winning this thing or becomes the next Bachelor. There's nothing else for him.
    - Bryan and Rachel are so obvious as a pairing that we have to cut back to Anthony and Eric talking about why only one African-American guy has gone on a one-on-one date.
    - Bryan fully exposes his feelings for Rachel, and he gets a rose, and we're finally done with this boring date with an obvious frontrunner.

GROUP DATE WITHOUT KENNY AND LEE BECAUSE DUH
    - THE GROUP DATE FEATURES HANDBALL, AKA THE BEST OLYMPIC SPORT (NON-CURLING CATEGORY)
    - Of course, before we can get to the group date, we have Bryan and Kenny discussing the upcoming 2-on-1, again driving home the fact that people like Kenny and don't like Lee.
    - Handball is just the best sport, you guys.
    - "Handball is life" - The handball coach. Agree so hard.
    - "I don't have those Donald Trump hands. I got those real hands." - Josiah, making a great joke.
    - Josiah essentially says he doesn't want to be here anymore so he decides to just block Rachel a bunch.
    - Peter also makes a great move by deciding not to play at all and only mess with Rachel.
    - Will decides to actually try at handball and single-handedly restarted the US Handball team with his effort.
    - AJ made his customary appearance at the handball court, but I'm starting to think the producers are tiring of this running joke, cause it was very half-assed.
    - Kenny King Facetimes with his daughter. It's very sad and he's so obviously set up as the face in this encounter.
    - This is driven home by immediately showing Lee working out and writing "toasts" in prep for the date.
    - We're getting to the point of the season where you can tell who the frontrunners are, so these group dates start getting rather boring.
    - Josiah does continue to torpedo his chances of winning, which is something.
    - Will gets the group date rose, which is good because I like Will and think he has a chance to win this thing.

ALRIGHT, LET'S GET TO THIS SHIT SHOW
    - The other guys discuss the 2-on-1, thinking about who is going to take this. The guys are fully in Kenny King's corner.
    - I have to shout out Peter real fast for going with the Wisconsin hipster look, which somehow works for him.
    - Rachel, Kenny, and Fuckface take a helicopter off to Hobel, which the pilot says is the home of the Vikings.
    - The producers would like you to know Lee is actually the bad guy because they inserted some shots of snakes while he's talking.
    - Kenny gets to go first, and decides to focus on only talking about Rachel to Rachel. Bold strategy.
    - Kenny almost did a great job, up until he brings up Lee at the last moment. At least he owns up to any actions he may have done, and turns it into more talking about Rachel.
    - "My gut feeling from Kenny is to trust him." - Rachel, who is starting to see the truth at last.
    - Kenny absolutely gets in Lee's head, talking about how he had a great conversation with Rachel and got back on track with their relationship. Lee is absolutely going to blow himself up right now.
    - Lee doesn't know when to stop lying. I don't know why he thinks lying to a prosecutor is a good idea?
    - Lee states that Kenny has a dark side when he drinks. I don't think Lee realizes Rachel has been on this show before and knows how much alcohol is on this show all the time.
    - Lawyer-Rachel is now on the scene, gang.
    - I feel for Kenny, because it's very obvious that Lee is using his wrestling background against him with the violence thing.
    - We get the "To Be Continued" as Kenny tries out his Joker impression.
    - Credits scene: Rachel is real excited to see the guys in their handball uniforms, which are more wrestling singlets than actual handball uniforms.
    - Oh my fuck there's another episode airing tonight nope nope nope I'm done for now.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Masamune42 wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Please stop with the celebrity guests who do not give a fuck abut wrestling.

At least he sorta has connection with Shaemus(?)

And he's not shitting on the product or anything, he at least sounds like he's enjoying it.

True, but that comment about being sore afterwards was approaching "How much does this guy weigh?" territory.
    Watching Raw

I didn't realize this was such a thing.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    July 17th all A Block matches
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr
    Togi Makabe vs. Bad Luck Fale
    Yuji Nagata vs. Yoshi-Hashi
    Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito
    Hirooki Goto vs. Tomohiro Ishii

July 20th all B Block matches
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Juice Robinson
    Michael Elgin vs. Tama Tonga
    Kazuchika Okada vs. Yano Toru
    Sanada vs. Evil
    Minoru Suzuki vs. Kenny Omega

July 21st all A Block matches
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale
    Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii
    Yuji Nagata vs. Hirooki Goto
    Kota Ibushi vs. Zack Sabre Jr
    Yoshi-Hashi vs. Tetsuya Naito

July 22nd all B Block matches
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Yano Toru
    Michael Elgin vs. Kazuchika Okada
    Juice Robinson vs. Evil
    Minoru Suzuki vs. Sanada
    Kenny Omega vs. Tama Tonga

July 23rd all A Block matches
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Yuji Nagata
    Togi Makabe vs. Hirooki Goto
    Kota Ibushi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
    Yoshi-Hashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr
    Bad Luck Fale vs. Tetsuya Naito

July 25th all B Block matches
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Michael Elgin
    Juice Robinson vs. Minoru Suzuki
    Kazuchika Okada vs. Sanada
    Yano Toru vs. Kenny Omega
    Tama Tonga vs. Evil

July 26th all A Block matches
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Hirooki Goto
    Togi Makabe vs. Kota Ibushi
    Yuji Nagata vs. Tetsuya Naito
    Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yoshi-Hashi
    Zack Sabre Jr vs. Bad Luck Fale

July 27th all B Block matches
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Kazuchika Okada
    Michael Elgin vs. Kenny Omega
    Juice Robinson vs. Tama Tonga
    Yano Toru vs. Sanada
    Minoru Suzuki vs. Evil

July 29th all A Block matches
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Yoshi-Hashi
    Togi Makabe vs. Yuji Nagata
    Kota Ibushi vs Bad Luck Fale
    Hirooki Goto vs. Zack Sabre Jr
    Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tetsuya Naito

July 30th all B Block matches
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Kenny Omega
    Michael Elgin vs. Sanada
    Juice Robinson vs. Kazuchika Okada
    Yano Toru vs. Evil
    Minoru Suzuki vs. Tama Tonga

August 1st all A Block matches
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi
    Togi Makabe vs. Zack Sabre Jr
    Yuji Nagata vs. Tomohiro Ishii
    Hirooki Goto vs. Tetsuya Naito
    Yoshi-Hashi vs. Bad Luck Fale

August 2nd all B Block matches
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Minoru Suzuki
    Michael Elgin vs. Yano Toru
    Juice Robinson vs. Sanada
    Kazuchika Okada vs. Tama Tonga
    Kenny Omega vs. Evil

August 4th all A Block matches
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Togi Makabe
    Yuji Nagata vs. Kota Ibushi
    Hirooki Goto vs. Yoshi-Hashi
    Tomohiro Ishii vs. Bad Luck Fale
    Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr

August 5th all B Block matches
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Sanada
    Michael Elgin vs. Minoru Suzuki
    Juice Robinson vs. Kenny Omega
    Kazuchika Okada vs. Evil
    Yano Toru vs. Tama Tonga

August 6th all A Block matches
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
    Togi Makabe vs. Tetsuya Naito
    Yuji Nagata vs. Zack Sabre Jr
    Kota Ibushi vs. Yoshi-Hashi
    Hirooki Goto vs. Bad Luck Fale

August 8th all B Block matches
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Tama Tonga
    Michael Elgin vs. Evil
    Juice Robinson vs. Yano Toru
    Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki
    Kenny Omega vs. Sanada

August 11th all A Block matches
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito
    Togi Makabe vs. Yoshi-Hashi
    Yuji Nagata vs. Bad Luck Fale
    Kota Ibushi vs. Hirooki Goto
    Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr

August 12th all B Block matches
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Evil
    Michael Elgin vs. Juice Robinson
    Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega
    Yano Toru vs. Minoru Suzuki
    Tama Tonga vs. Sanada

A Block is so stacked, I say for the seventeenth time just as giddily as the first time

• Options
    Masamune42 wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Please stop with the celebrity guests who do not give a fuck abut wrestling.

At least he sorta has connection with Shaemus(?)

And he's not shitting on the product or anything, he at least sounds like he's enjoying it.

True, but that comment about being sore afterwards was approaching "How much does this guy weigh?" territory.
    Watching Raw

I didn't realize this was such a thing.

https://youtu.be/T9AbN5dySl4

• Options
    A Block is so stacked, I say for the seventeenth time just as giddily as the first time

And it's not even the one with Okada/Omega 3!

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Good lord the Punk promo was six years ago

I'm trying to figure out how that happened, while also considering just walking into the ocean forever

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    For me personally, the blocks are pretty even. A has a few bigger and more exciting names, but B has more matches overall that I'll probably watch.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    A homophobic flat-earther is also a racist?

Hold my monocle, I gotta lay down.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Maybe AJ just really likes the thought of Muslin Invaders.

That smooth, smooth cotton...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    here's a tweet from a man who's not only a good wrestler, but a good dude unlike some people named aj styles

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    The logic for the MITB rematch is so stupid. Never has anyone climbed the ladder and handed it over. But people have interfered. So even though it's not against the rules, we're doing it because of that. It makes Bryan's character out to just be the face equivalent of a dick GM but for faces.

This discussion has been closed.