As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Western Animation] RIP Peter Sallis

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Elaro wrote: »
    Hey, Miraculous Ladybug Season 2 has a release date... in France.

October 26th!

It'll hit Netflix US in December!

Er.... what's a Miraculous Ladybug?

Animé

note the accentague

Animesque.

Speaking of french anime-ish cartoons, Wakfu is back for season 3. Is that... not western enough though?

Wakfu is more animé than ML. Miraculous Ladybug is CGI, like Pixar, while Wakfu is flash/traditionally animated.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Vulture gives us an oral history of Batman: The Animated Series.

Well worth the read.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    new voltron on netflix soon.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I was just think the other day that I was ready for some more Voltron! I'm really starting to like these smaller, but more frequent seasons.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    franime

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Francanimation.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU02NWfHT2g

i guess there's this if you need it

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Didn't they already make that movie?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Finished Tmnt mutant apocalypse.

I don't like this was the supposed finale it creates massive plotholes and it's a bittersweet ending. Thankfully the 80 time traveling characters can explain this away

Are you referring to the Mad Max one that aired few days ago? Because that's not the finale. There's a few more episodes in November.

Mad Max was essentially an Elseworlds tale.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Finished Tmnt mutant apocalypse.

I don't like this was the supposed finale it creates massive plotholes and it's a bittersweet ending. Thankfully the 80 time traveling characters can explain this away

Are you referring to the Mad Max one that aired few days ago? Because that's not the finale. There's a few more episodes in November.

Mad Max was essentially an Elseworlds tale.

The showrunner was clear this was the intended finale. Nick moved it back because it's so dark.

I mean given there's like 14 time travellers it's easy to see an out to this but it seems like they want this ending to be it for these turtles.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular

No, the Hey Arnold movie that made it to theaters was not this movie, which is Arnold's origin story explaining why his parents were never around.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

The movie that *was* made was about some tycoon or possibly the mayor flattening their piece of the city for renovation like sector 7 in Midgard. Insert Helga confessing her love to Arnold, and a hard reset to status quo for later episodes being made.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I think you're thinking about Rugrats meet the Wild Thornberrys or something.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I think you're thinking about Rugrats meet the Wild Thornberrys or something.

That movie is a cluster fuck.
    Elisa is barely in it they set up that a Leopard is tracking the kids then drop it. Donny who is apparently Chucky's age doesn't talk to the rugrats which is a complete waste. Suzy is there for no reason. It's insane

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Didn't expect the OK K.O. Captain Planet episode to be so on the nose about climate change.

• Options
    Gigantic, Disney's musical comedy that takes Jack and the Beanstalk and turns the giant into an 11-year-old girl, has been canned due to creative problems.

For those keeping score, Disney's next release (not counting Pixar) will be Wreck-It-Ralph 2 next November, and then Frozen 2 the November after that.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Need... Steven...

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Hey at least that sequel to Attack the Light comes out in under a month.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »

Eeh.

But really, wondering what I'm going to watch once Star vs. and Steven are done.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Eeh.

But really, wondering what I'm going to watch once Star vs. and Steven are done.

Star vs. Steven (Go Team Star)

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Eeh.

Pirates of Dark Water

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I think the new Spider-Man cartoon is actually worse than Ultimate Spider-Man.

• Options

Eeh.

Pirates of Dark Water

Hard to get into since it was never finished. I did watch it on Boomerang back when Boomerang was still cool.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

That's the one with the protag who looked suspiciously like Ash from Evil Dead, right?

• Options
    I finally got my plex server working again (figured out it wasn't connecting because i had logged out on the app on my smart TV, couldn't figure out how to log back in so i just reset all settings on the app), and that's loaded up with cartoons from back when i didn't have cable and planned to effectively make my own TV channel.

So I watched bits of Megas XLR and SWAT Kats yesterday. Today i'll watch Justice League. It's been a good vacation week so far.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I think the new Spider-Man cartoon is actually worse than Ultimate Spider-Man.

I can believe it.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

It does!? I haven’t seen a date anywhere.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

It does!? I haven’t seen a date anywhere.

Right? They've been weirdly quiet about it. But googling it out of curiosity the other day gave me a release of November 5th.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »

Eeh.

Pirates of Dark Water

Hard to get into since it was never finished. I did watch it on Boomerang back when Boomerang was still cool.

I am consistently upset that Boomerang is only on the highest tier cable package around here. Need my Flintstones and Looney Tunes fix.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    New Voltron clip, showing a desperate struggle for survival against fearsome aliens.

...or Allura and Coran learn how cows work. One of the two.

https://youtu.be/drTcX7Cf4_o

• Options
    WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular

Eeh.

Pirates of Dark Water

I am consistently upset that Boomerang is only on the highest tier cable package around here. Need my Flintstones and Looney Tunes fix.

You would be disappointed, they show crap from regular Cartoon Network now like Powerpuff girls way more than the old school stuff, except oddly enough Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Watching Netflix Voltron. It's. Pretty darn excellent. Finn makes a real gud jerk.

They should probably just stay in Voltron form all the time tho.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Watching Netflix Voltron. It's. Pretty darn excellent. Finn makes a real gud jerk.

They should probably just stay in Voltron form all the time tho.

The constant problem with things that combine into other things.

Eeh.

Pirates of Dark Water

Apparently it's a paid streaming app now (like everything else). I want it, but at the same time i can't justify the cost/benefit ratio. I'd get through what I want to watch within a couple of months and can only imagine using it as background shows while working.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I thought being in Voltron form causes deadly radiation or something that kills the pilot if they’re in it too long? I remember that being why one of them died in the original show, is that not a thing in the new one?

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    I thought being in Voltron form causes deadly radiation or something that kills the pilot if they’re in it too long? I remember that being why one of them died in the original show, is that not a thing in the new one?

If I'm not mistaken, they've moved to "the psychic link between pilot and lion is stressful to the pilot, the gestalt form even moreso, so the endurance of the pilots serves as the weak point."

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    No sooner did I post that did I get to the episode where
    they keep getting blasted all over the place by the thousand eyes guy, so they split back into lions to give him multiple targets. So Voltron isn't always the best strategy, got it.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    I remember that being why one of them died in the original show
    Nope, he got hisself stabbed hardcore.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

Eeh.

Pirates of Dark Water

With some cartoons getting actual continuations and endings now, why not this one.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
This discussion has been closed.