As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo Switch: Rock Around the Dock

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Every now and again I'm reminded of how close Sonic Mania and I get absurdly excited.

You fool! Now its gonna be delayed again!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Holding out for Neon Green and Neon Pink Joycon. Gotta get my Switch looking like it just time traveled back from the early 90s.

Like this mockup?
    Screen-Shot-2017-01-31-at-3.41.04-pm.png

The splatoon ones are neat, but I think the orange and royal blue set are the best joycon colors I've ever seen.

Also, I really want white joycons with super famicom style colored buttons, but they'll never make them because the colors would be in the wrong positions when you play using an individual joycon.

Frem on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I'm kinda tempted to import the pink & green set from Japan but I don't really need them.

I do however want the Splatoon case Nintendo is making.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Got cave story + but have yet to open it. I feel like I need to wrap up Zelda before I tackle other stuff so I'm all set for the Dlc.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for some non-neon joycon colours. Maybe we'll get green and red for Odyssey. Or jet black just because.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    TDawg wrote: »
    It is.

I love that they are doing colored joy-cons but part of me wishes they had made them with n3DS-esque swappable face plates. That would probably add a lot of undue size and weight to such a magnificently small device, but it would have been SUPER cool.

http://www.play-asia.com/joy-con-silicone-cover-splatoon-2-type-a/13/70b4d5

I generally don't like these kind of covers but those look pretty rad, actually.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Spoit wrote: »
    It is.

I love that they are doing colored joy-cons but part of me wishes they had made them with n3DS-esque swappable face plates. That would probably add a lot of undue size and weight to such a magnificently small device, but it would have been SUPER cool.

http://www.play-asia.com/joy-con-silicone-cover-splatoon-2-type-a/13/70b4d5

I generally don't like these kind of covers but those look pretty rad, actually.

I've been spending too much time on amazon.co.jp looking at Switch accessories because of that post about the Splatoon 2 joycon covers. I want to import all the things...

nusu on
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Holding out for Neon Green and Neon Pink Joycon. Gotta get my Switch looking like it just time traveled back from the early 90s.

Like this mockup?
    Screen-Shot-2017-01-31-at-3.41.04-pm.png

The splatoon ones are neat, but I think the orange and royal blue set are the best joycon colors I've ever seen.

Also, I really want white joycons with super famicom style colored buttons, but they'll never make them because the colors would be in the wrong positions when you play using an individual joycon.

There are official pink and green coming! I'd love a return of 'spice' or whatever it was they called orange back in the gamecube days. For that matter, bring back that Gamecube Indigo.
    52dfjxvvnusu.png

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I want clear consoles to make a return :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Seriously, I want this

7nBDfeK.png

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    As much as the entire design of the joycons lends itself to near endless customizability... at the price point they're at, yeah fuck no.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh fuck that translucent purple...even at the insane pricepoint that's kinda tempting.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Nyko going over their new accessories:

https://youtu.be/iJDiZBkwSnE

Edit: one of them is an external battery pack that fits into the dock.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    As much as the entire design of the joycons lends itself to near endless customizability... at the price point they're at, yeah fuck no.

Nintendo is just futureproofing. Joycons are the default going forward so future switch upgrades will only ever need you to buy the unit and they save money on controller r&d.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I have encountered a new bug with Disgaea 5. Tons of items are disappearing from my inventory. Apparently, I'm not the only one as one person in the GFaqs Disgaea 5 forum has complained about this too, interestingly only a day ago.

I had 1,300 items a few hours ago at least (I restored an old save). Now I have around 700. I haven't sold or converted any items to points. What the FUCK. I'm so angry.

Anyone else playing experience this? Any ideas? @UncleSporky @skeldare

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Well that worries me, I have been working through it but am so early that I haven't had any issues but minor crashes out of suspend.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Thank god I save obsessively. So I will lose about an hour's work, most of which was grinding out statisticians for the Innocent Farm.

My latest save is 35:30 in playtime. I have a few saves before that. If I go back to 34:30, I have 1,357 items. My next save is at 34:46. In this save, I have 471 items.

In that save:

I have nothing in the buyback queue at the Netherworld Shop (suggesting I didn't accidentally sell anything).

I have no Item World points (suggesting I didn't accidentally convert any items).

I did not make any new curry. I already have one aging through both saves.

So I have to assume this is a bug, unless I'm missing something else that could have happened.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Well that worries me, I have been working through it but am so early that I haven't had any issues but minor crashes out of suspend.

Sorry :/

I recommend saving often, using all 99 or 100 slots and keeping an eye on your item list.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    I have encountered a new bug with Disgaea 5. Tons of items are disappearing from my inventory. Apparently, I'm not the only one as one person in the GFaqs Disgaea 5 forum has complained about this too, interestingly only a day ago.

I had 1,300 items a few hours ago at least (I restored an old save). Now I have around 700. I haven't sold or converted any items to points. What the FUCK. I'm so angry.

Anyone else playing experience this? Any ideas?

Can't say that happened to me over my 70 + hours. I didn't even sell anything until post game.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Anyone bought the joycon battery packs? If so, how do they change the grip profile?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    A guy on Instagram turned his GBASP into a Switch Dock:

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Aaaaactually, it looks like I screwed up.

Upon review, I think it is likely I did screw up with curry and dumped a thousand items into it.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Aaaaactually, it looks like I screwed up.

Upon review, I think it is likely I did screw up with curry and dumped a thousand items into it.

at that point I feel like it's probably more like 1000 items smeared with curry

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yeah I never lost any items spontaneously. In fact late game I was always struggling with filling up on too many items, and having to decide what to get rid of en masse.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    TumbleSeed did not do well. There's an interesting postmortem talking about why it didn't do as well as they'd've liked. There's an update coming soon that will do a better job teaching people to play the game, but not necessarily make the game easier.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    TumbleSeed did not do well. There's an interesting postmortem talking about why it didn't do as well as they'd've liked. There's an update coming soon that will do a better job teaching people to play the game, but not necessarily make the game easier.

I bought it sight unseen because I love the base mechanic, and I don't regret that, but it is sooooo easy to lose!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I've spent 80 hours playing Disgaea 5 and I'm only on chapter 8. I just keep grinding the item world. Please send help. Is there a support group? I should finish the story and just get it out of the way so the real game starts.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    I've spent 80 hours playing Disgaea 5 and I'm only on chapter 8. I just keep grinding the item world. Please send help. Is there a support group? I should finish the story and just get it out of the way so the real game starts.

This is why I'm terrified of Disgaea.

Actually, is there end-game content to justify the insane power-leveling opportunities of the game, or is it purely scaling up familiar enemies and items on into forever?

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    There is a final end all battle to work toward.

It's a lot of work though.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Well that's going to be a problem for me one day.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

I bought it sight unseen because I love the base mechanic, and I don't regret that, but it is sooooo easy to lose!

I thought it looked cute but saw the giant bomb quicklook and just said nah, this looks painfully hard.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »

Is there some story framework around that final boss, or is it purely providing a boss to exercise your power against?

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Septus wrote: »

Is there some story framework around that final boss, or is it purely providing a boss to exercise your power against?

There's postgame story all the way up to beating the final postgame boss. Some of the games have an even more ridiculous post-postgame boss with no story (and no achievement locked behind it) but not 5.

TamerBill on
    3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    SulSul Registered User regular

Why are they in a ball pit? (Not *really* a question. Really just a set up for…)
    Why do they have those women in those outfits in a ball pit?

Either decision draws *so much* attention to the other that… I can't not think about them.

Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »

There's postgame story all the way up to beating the final postgame boss. Some of the games have an even more ridiculous post-postgame boss with no story (and no achievement locked behind it) but not 5.

I love Disgaea so much. I can't express my full delight at this game being on the Switch.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    I really wish they'd bring the other Disgaea games to Switch. Especially Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness since it hasn't had a handheld release.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Sul wrote: »

Why are they in a ball pit? (Not *really* a question. Really just a set up for…)

Either decision draws *so much* attention to the other that… I can't not think about them.

Nyko apparently set up a ball pit for their booth at E3 this year. They also always seem to have girls dressed like that every year.

• Options
    Sul wrote: »

Nyko apparently set up a ball pit for their booth at E3 this year. They also always seem to have girls dressed like that every year.

Well now I want a ball pit to play my Switch in.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I mean, I'm in Chapter 9 at 43 hours but I've already mostly broken the game open. I have a max stack of Statisticians, Managers, Brokers, Professionals, etc, and a bunch of LV 1500+ characters.

My sage can burn through the Item World in low level items.

The only bummer is that it is nearly impossible to max out a class (6 stars) until post game.

• Options
    Elin wrote: »

Without spoiling too much, I highly recommend you stop and push through to at least Chapter 9, particularly if you are addicted to the Item World.

This discussion has been closed.