As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo Switch: Rock Around the Dock

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

That's so awesome! I hope this can drive some more sales for them, now that the Switch is making it into more homes, and people might need a refresher that launch games like this exist.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    So her pants inflate when she guards? Which allows her to slide back when guarding hits? Or something g?

Yeah, I was wondering what the benefit of that was too. Y'know, to non-inflation fetishists.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So her pants inflate when she guards? Which allows her to slide back when guarding hits? Or something g?

Yeah, I was wondering what the benefit of that was too. Y'know, to non-inflation fetishists.

Rewatching, it looks like she can guard in midair, and move around a bit while guarding. Could be useful.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    New ARMS character announced.

We are officially at DEFCLOWN 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmxLXpFmByI

GET THE PRESIDENT TO A SECURE LOCLOWNTION NOW!

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I wish they'd finish the games they started years ago before starting another one

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Lol, watch them put the pocket edition on Switch.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh shit... FFXV on the Switch? That'd be great.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    NO. JUST FINISH OCTOPATH TRAVELER. OR AT LEAST GIVE US MORE INFO I'M DYING OVER HERE.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I mean the big news is that the PC port is 170ish gig and even the PS4 version is pretty big

FFXV on Switch seems kind of unlikely without some big changes to accommodate it.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    NO. JUST FINISH OCTOPATH TRAVELER. OR AT LEAST GIVE US MORE INFO I'M DYING OVER HERE.

The team will bravely betray expectations.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

The team will bravely betray expectations.

Hopefully quality is their default setting.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I mean, I know you guys are joking but I'm sure they have their B or C team working on a port. All the important people are probably working on new games like Octopath :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Jeez theres a crapload of Switch and Nintendo news coming out today, must be Gamescom time.

Fifa 18 Switch footage:

https://youtu.be/ODEp8ZRF7y8

There's a Pokken Tournament Demo allegedly coming on Thursday:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6va77s/pokkén_tournament_dx_demo_coming_this_thursday/

Terraria has been reconfirmed for 2017.

I'm editing more in now.

edit: more bayonetta hints:

https://youtu.be/l28DoEvy2TU

just announce the damn thing already, Platinum.

Here's what the FE Warriors SE contains:

9t5fav9h39hz.jpg

It's out Oct 20th.

Here's the Lego Worlds Switch trailer:

https://youtu.be/qU8PSR6p7HE

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Terraria still coming out this year huh? Good... Good.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    The Mii style characters for FFXV Switch version, if real, are adorable. And I will buy it to spite the graphics snobs.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I mean the big news is that the PC port is 170ish gig and even the PS4 version is pretty big

FFXV on Switch seems kind of unlikely without some big changes to accommodate it.

The PSN version size is roughly what I would realistically expect it to be on the Switch, 170GB is probably just them going "lol compression what's that? we don't care about any of that nerd PC stuff, just put it online and get money"

Donnicton on
  • Options
    how well does terraria play on a controller?

it seems like building would be a pain and possibly things like grappling hooks

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Donnicton wrote: »

The PSN version size is roughly what I would realistically expect it to be on the Switch, 170GB is probably just them going "lol compression what's that? we don't care about any of that nerd PC stuff, just put it online and get money"

From what I'm reading the console size is about 50 gigs, and they could spring for a 64 gig Switch card. But it's also likely the Switch wouldn't quite be able to handle the texture resolution of the PS4 version anyway, and the assets could be downsized to free up enough space to fit in 32 gigs.

I don't know if they put in 4k textures on PS4 or what.

Of course it's just as likely it'd get the portable version which I bet a lot of people would be fine with anyway.

In any case I'm not really interested because FF has left me behind since 12. I've heard a lot of disappointed reactions for 15, as well as spoilers about the directions the game takes at various junctures, enough to skip it.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The Mii style characters and environment should be more than enough to drop the size of FFXIV by a considerable amount. Can also drop most of the voice work if need be too.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    The Mii style characters will definitely mess with the tone of the game though. Will be interesting to see.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Lol, watch them put the pocket edition on Switch.

I would actually be kind of okay with that. The stridently photorealistic look Square spent ages working on for XV does nothing for me.

• Options
    What Mii style characters are we talking about?

That seems like a lot of work for a port that wasn't super well received over all. But it's square and nintendo so who knows

• Options

That seems like a lot of work for a port that wasn't super well received over all. But it's square and nintendo so who knows

Its in the "leak" video.

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tus-gOVXg_E

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tus-gOVXg_E

I daresay it's nearly Earthboundesque.

• Options
    Here's Ninte do's schedule for gamescom:
    All times listed in BST.
    Tuesday August 22nd
    10:00 – Splatoon 2 Turf Wars presentation
    Wednesday August 23rd
    10:00 – ARMS – Lola Pop gameplay
    12:00 – Splatoon 2 – Salmon Run gameplay
    12:30 – Mario + Rabbids® Kingdom Battle gameplay with Ubisoft
    14:00 – Super Mario Odyssey presentation with Mr Koizumi
    15:00 – Super Mario Odyssey gameplay
    16:00 – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament
    Thursday August 24th
    10:00 – EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 gameplay
    11:00 – Metroid: Samus Returns presentation with Mr Sakamoto and MercurySteam's José Luis Márquez
    12:00 – Metroid: Samus Returns gameplay
    12:30 – Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions gameplay
    15:00 – Charles Martinet discusses classic games with Fabian Döhla
    16:00 – Splatoon 2 tournament
    Friday August 25th
    10:00 – Super Mario Odyssey gameplay recap with Charles Martinet
    12:00 – Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gameplay
    15:00 – Nine Parchments gameplay with Frozenbyte
    16:00 – Pokkén Tournament DX tournament
    Saturday August 26th
    10:00 – Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay
    12:00 – SteamWorld Dig 2 with Image & Form
    12:30 – Flipping Death gameplay with Zoink Games
    15:00 – Yoku's Island Express gameplay with Villa Gorilla
    16:00 – ARMS tournament

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Huh, that's a weird thing.

Oh, it's apparently episodic, first episode free.

Well, makes sense how to fit that onto the Switch now.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Ah good, hopefully we'll get some sort of update on when SteamWorld Dig 2 will come out.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options

I think that is more in line to fit it on phones. It would fit on the Switch fine as a whole game if on cart or download as space on mini cards is cheap. You can get 512 gigs for like 40 bucks now. And I would be surprised if the game is more than 40-50 gigs.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Here's Ninte do's schedule for gamescom:
    All times listed in BST.
    Tuesday August 22nd
    10:00 – Splatoon 2 Turf Wars presentation
    Wednesday August 23rd
    10:00 – ARMS – Lola Pop gameplay
    12:00 – Splatoon 2 – Salmon Run gameplay
    12:30 – Mario + Rabbids® Kingdom Battle gameplay with Ubisoft
    14:00 – Super Mario Odyssey presentation with Mr Koizumi
    15:00 – Super Mario Odyssey gameplay
    16:00 – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament
    Thursday August 24th
    10:00 – EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 gameplay
    11:00 – Metroid: Samus Returns presentation with Mr Sakamoto and MercurySteam's José Luis Márquez
    12:00 – Metroid: Samus Returns gameplay
    12:30 – Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions gameplay
    15:00 – Charles Martinet discusses classic games with Fabian Döhla
    16:00 – Splatoon 2 tournament
    Friday August 25th
    10:00 – Super Mario Odyssey gameplay recap with Charles Martinet
    12:00 – Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gameplay
    15:00 – Nine Parchments gameplay with Frozenbyte
    16:00 – Pokkén Tournament DX tournament
    Saturday August 26th
    10:00 – Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay
    12:00 – SteamWorld Dig 2 with Image & Form
    12:30 – Flipping Death gameplay with Zoink Games
    15:00 – Yoku's Island Express gameplay with Villa Gorilla
    16:00 – ARMS tournament

I'm glad a lot of people are getting cool games, but maaaaaaaaannnnnn I could not be more disinterested in that lineup.

aside from possibly Nine Parchments because I've never heard of it.

edit: ok, Nine Parchments seems fun

but if it doesn't get a physical release I'm buying it on steam

Xaquin on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Not huge news, but Monolith Soft is recruiting for what looks to be a new fantasy game: https://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/special/

• Options
    Huh. Flipping Death looks...different, in a good way. Kind of reminds me of the brassy weirdness of Rayman Legends, tied into some kind of Double-Finey type premise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox9JnK-PJlo

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I love FFXV to death but I'm really doubtful we'll see it on Switch, at least not without significant visual downgrades beyond the usual resolution drop

I mean, maybe it could still look good? As long as performance is kept up, I like how smoothly the PS4 version runs at a consistent 30

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    So I bought Overcooked this weekend.

Blew through the first two sets of levels and had a great time. It's definitely wonderfully chaotic fun with two people and I'm looking forward to trying it with four.

The controls get a little bit finicky at times and you can end up picking stuff up from or putting stuff down on the wrong square, but it's generally more due to being in a rush than a real problem so it just adds to the frantic mess you're making.

What I especially liked is that you really need to work out a system on each level: who's doing what and when, what needs to be called out, etc. You can't just randomly pick tasks and expect to three star most levels.

Been wanting another co-op experience on the level of Shovel Knight and I think this is it.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I'm waiting for a patch to fix Overcooked's supposed framerate issues and then I'm all in.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for a patch to fix Overcooked's supposed framerate issues and then I'm all in.
    I didn't notice any problems when we were playing, either on the TV or in handheld mode. But it was only two players and we've only seen three worlds so far.

Some people are saying the issues are in single player only I guess? That seems weird but who knows.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Had it in my cart at Target, but it got snatched out right when I confirmed my credit card information.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I think that is more in line to fit it on phones. It would fit on the Switch fine as a whole game if on cart or download as space on mini cards is cheap. You can get 512 gigs for like 40 bucks now. And I would be surprised if the game is more than 40-50 gigs.

Aren't the switch cards like 16gb? Do they make a bigger one?

I dunno, seems more like an episodic download thing the way they're touting it.

Also the Snes classic came and sold out of everything. Honestly at this point I refuse to fight for the privilege to give them money. If I can buy one on a shelf, great. If not, then I will be annoyed at Nintendo and give them less money.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    They got their money already with the SNES classic. And that I am a working man and not a bot of a scalper makes me sad.

The Switch can use microSDXC well over 64gigs.

Jubal77 on
This discussion has been closed.