As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West 2017! See you next year, you wonderful nerds.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Have we got a SE++ PAX Unplugged thread floating around somewhere? I'm on mobile and it doesn't seem to want to let me search. I guess that one wouldn't really pick up until this one is past, but I'm trying to combat the No PAX West blues by reminding myself that I've still got one coming.

Yes.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I updated the OP with Tonkka's good, good post about Roanoke hangouts.

Also, @Tube, since you're not going to be there, is it safe to assume no forum photo this year?

That's more out of curiosity than anything else.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I guess you could take one without me.

I guess.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Mostly just wondering if there's any chance the 9-character build of DBFZ will be playable there.

• Options
    Seriously though if you want a photo I can arrange Dabe.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I think we should do a photo. It's tradition!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    TRADITION!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I may have moved out of town but I'll make it out there for PAX. Wouldn't miss it for the world. See y'all at the Roanoke!

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Seriously though if you want a photo I can arrange Dabe.

If it's not too much trouble, that would be rad and also good.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Okay, the decision has been made in regards to the special for Thursday night.

You nerds are going to get the industry night discount, and we're going to come up with a sticker, pin, or button or something to identify your worthiness. This is basically so that we can take advantage of the discount without letting the regulars or other patrons in on the deal.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    That's dumb. Just the worst.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Hmm.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    So question for those who have been before - If I'm in a panel that runs from 11am-12pm is there any chance I'm going to be getting into a panel I want to go to that starts at 12pm?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    So question for those who have been before - If I'm in a panel that runs from 11am-12pm is there any chance I'm going to be getting into a panel I want to go to that starts at 12pm?

Maybe, if it's in the same theater as the first one?

Also depends on the popularity of the panel itself.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

I really wouldn't bet on making the second one, unless you leave the first one early. And even then, it may be too late, depending on how early the line started filling. Especially since a lot of stuff is hosted all over downtown, not actually in the WSCC. PAX West has gobbled up pretty much every hotel conference room in the area.

What panels specifically? We can probably give you a pretty good idea of how packed they'll be based on prior years.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I decided on a different panel to start so I'd have a 30 minute gap between the two. So now I'm gonna try to get from SANDWORM THEATRE FRIDAY 9/1 10:30AM - 11:30AM PAX ORIENTATION to SPHINX THEATRE FRIDAY 9/1 12:00PM - 1:00PM Broaden Your Game: Creating Better Stories in RPGs. Hopefully I'll make the second one.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I decided on a different panel to start so I'd have a 30 minute gap between the two. So now I'm gonna try to get from SANDWORM THEATRE FRIDAY 9/1 10:30AM - 11:30AM PAX ORIENTATION to SPHINX THEATRE FRIDAY 9/1 12:00PM - 1:00PM Broaden Your Game: Creating Better Stories in RPGs. Hopefully I'll make the second one.
    should be doable, but it will depend on how popular the second panel is as far as having places in line (I am guessing it will be fine).

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Yeah, that doesn't sound like one of the really bonkers panels, and both panels starting with S means they're both in the same building, right? You'll probably be fine.

Just don't try to go to Acq Inc without lining up two hours in advance, haha!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Seems like y'all have already seen the schedule, but just in case, it's at this here handy link.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    If you need me, I'll be over here studiously avoiding tournaments featuring games that were in the PAX South 2017 Omegathon.

• Options
  • Options
    Thursday night's identification will be a 1" button emblazoned with a design I have been trying to find a place for. Limited run of 50!
    vtjgtuuwcvf5.jpg

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Oh shit this is in about a week oh shit

I hate that I land too late for Roanoke though :(

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I may not be able to come to the con proper, but I'll probably still come by a couple days to harass you crazy critters for various games since I work in damn city anyways.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I am super pumped. I have been working on a cosplay, I'm gonna be Merle from the Adventure Zone probably on Saturday. Going with friends who are doing Magnus and Killian.

• Options
    Saturday, 8pm, Cat Theatre
    Pitch Your Game Idea

this is a good thing to experience.

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    Pitch Your Game Idea

I've been brewing a game idea for a whole year that I cannot wait to drop, assuming I can get a good place in line

• Options
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Thursday night's identification will be a 1" button emblazoned with a design I have been trying to find a place for. Limited run of 50!
    vtjgtuuwcvf5.jpg

Have you decided on the sign yet? I was thinking:
    BE COOL
    CMON
    NICE

• Options
    godmode wrote: »
    vtjgtuuwcvf5.jpg

Have you decided on the sign yet? I was thinking:
    BE COOL
    CMON
    NICE

N
    I
    C
    E

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    Pitch Your Game Idea

There's always someone who thinks it's a really serious thing and that someone will probably make their game.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hi all.

I'm not gonna be at PAX, but I think I'd still like to do karaoke night, if there is interest. It would be Saturday night, same place as last year, if people liked that.

Please let me know if you wanna go, need to get a rough head count.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    Hi all.

I'm not gonna be at PAX, but I think I'd still like to do karaoke night, if there is interest. It would be Saturday night, same place as last year, if people liked that.

YO

Although I wasn't a huge fan of the venue last year. Somewhere with air would be nice

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    update: i will definitely be at the roanoke on the 31st

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Hi all.

Hello, yes, I'm down.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Hi all.

Hello, yes, I'm down.

i'll do it

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    Those are some good-lookin' sites!

• Options
    Wow that schedule layout is a huge improvement.

Anyway, nobody has taken my shift for Saturday yet, so I might just work that day since I didn't see anything that I feel like I can't go without.

Unless I am missing something.

• Options
    Wow that schedule layout is a huge improvement.

Anyway, nobody has taken my shift for Saturday yet, so I might just work that day since I didn't see anything that I feel like I can't go without.

Unless I am missing something.

Your friends :(

• Options
    God dammit.