As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Adam West Dies Aged 88. RIP

2»

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    My favorite Adam West memory is from Newsradio. Jimmy James is on trial for being D.B. Cooper, insists that it was really Adam West. And then West walks into the courtroom and admits it.

West seemed like he had an incredible sense of humor and never took himself too seriously. It's a rare trait. He had a long career and will be remembered forever for his work. No actor could ask for more.

Him and Leslie Neilson should have been besties.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I got a picture with him and heard him speak at Phoenix Comicon a few years back. He was just great all the way around.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Why am I just now thinking of the idea of a Adam West and Leslie Neilson Police Procedural Parody TV show. WHY IS THIS IDEA NOW LOST FOREVER.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Why am I just now thinking of the idea of a Adam West and Leslie Neilson Police Procedural Parody TV show. WHY IS THIS IDEA NOW LOST FOREVER.

man, Frank Drebin meets Batman would have been awesome.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »

man, Frank Drebin meets Batman would have been awesome.

"...and don't call me Bruce."

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Batman (1966) is one of the first movies I remember watching. Homerecorded tape, I think.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Adam West held out against 2016 the longest.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    Adam West held out against 2016 the longest.

Nah, Mel Brooks is still kicking.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Batman (1966) is one of the first movies I remember watching. Homerecorded tape, I think.

that's the one that ends with
    Batman mixing up the entire united nations' bodies and minds and then "sneak out" really obviously while credits roll, right?

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Hulu just randomly reminded me I had the last episode of Powerless to watch (quit watching it after they announced it was cancelled). Adam West was a guest star for that episode. Talk about a punch in the gut. He's great in it though.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    That episode never actually aired on television. They released it specifically as a tribute.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

that's the one that ends with
    Batman mixing up the entire united nations' bodies and minds and then "sneak out" really obviously while credits roll, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CohDgQOiK24

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    They're doing a screening of that Batman movie next week at a local indie theater as a tribute to Adam West, which is pretty cool. I would have considered going had I not just watched it on Netflix a few weeks ago.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/5VD0kfTeznE

i did go a bit back and forth on whether to bring back this thread for this trailer, but ultimately decided that this is a memorial, a tribute and as such should include Adam West's final turn as the Caped Crusader.