As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BalooFest '86, Outcome: record for simultaneous release of necessities, [Podcasts], 2 dead

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    most of the names generated for fatt weren't generated

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    most of the names generated for fatt weren't generated

Ah, a zen koan

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    no, zen koan is a diaspora npc

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    PC sales have been declining though, as more people just use phones or tablets for what they may have used a laptop or desktop for before

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    PC sales have been declining though, as more people just use phones or tablets for what they may have used a laptop or desktop for before

Declining, sure. But it's a pretty big leap to say that they will disappear entirely. There are a number of things that phones and tablets are poor substitutes for that more or less ensure that desktops and laptops will still be around and still have a place in the market.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Declining, sure. But it's a pretty big leap to say that they will disappear entirely. There are a number of things that phones and tablets are poor substitutes for that more or less ensure that desktops and laptops will still be around and still have a place in the market.

To be clear I meant "as a gaming platform"

This was during the time when the 360 and ps3 were lead dev platform on almost every game coming out, even ones that previously would have been pc focused

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

This was during the time when the 360 and ps3 were lead dev platform on almost every game coming out, even ones that previously would have been pc focused

Even here that seems pretty shortsighted to me, although I can definitely see how the industry at that time could give that prediction some merit.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

(that's still the case except add a number for one of 'em and subtract 359 to the other)

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I'm now imagining a world where we got the Xbox 361 and the Playstation -356 and it is objectively a better world.

sig.gif
  • Options
    They should have called it the Xbox 365

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    alright I'm sure it's a very good podcast but the name "shutdown fullcast" makes me irrationally angry

wait why

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    alright I'm sure it's a very good podcast but the name "shutdown fullcast" makes me irrationally angry

wait why

I know those words but that title makes no sense.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

wait why

It's a spinoff of a short-lived SB Nation video show called "Shutdown Fullback", which was chosen because it makes no sense.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Which robot does Shutdown Fullback pilot again

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Which robot does Shutdown Fullback pilot again

The Beeftank

• Options
    a5ehren wrote: »

wait why

It's a spinoff of a short-lived SB Nation video show called "Shutdown Fullback", which was chosen because it makes no sense.

Which, ironically, explains it all.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Are these sports references?
    Not being snarky or dismissive, I'm just not really familiar with that podcast or any of these terms except I think a fullback is a football position(?).

TankHammer on
  • Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Not being snarky or dismissive, I'm just not really familiar with that podcast or any of these terms except I think a fullback is a football position(?).

Fullback is a position in rugby, soccer, Aussie rules and field hockey as well

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »

Yeah SB Nation is a sports website. Beeftank however is specifically a reference to Jon Bois' series on the site, Breaking Madden, which is highly recommended to all, sports fans or not.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    shutdown is a descriptor generally used for defensive players who are so good at their position that whichever offensive player they are assigned to defend can't get anything accomplished

fullbacks are offensive players whose main job is to block defensive players, primarily so a player can run unimpeded through the defense. it's purposefully ridiculous, which is fine, I've got no problem with that

I think shoving "cast" or "pod" into the name of your podcast so you're aware it's a podcast is really dumb and I hate it and I did use the word "irrationally" in there

• Options
    Shutdown fullback is actually a totally viable thing to be in soccer

• Options
    shutdown is a descriptor generally used for defensive players who are so good at their position that whichever offensive player they are assigned to defend can't get anything accomplished

fullbacks are offensive players whose main job is to block defensive players, primarily so a player can run unimpeded through the defense. it's purposefully ridiculous, which is fine, I've got no problem with that

I think shoving "cast" or "pod" into the name of your podcast so you're aware it's a podcast is really dumb and I hate it and I did use the word "irrationally" in there

Putting a bunch of great shows (and undoubtedly way more shitty ones) on blast here.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Agreeeeeeee

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Please listen to my podcast about putting groups of dolphins into Hollywood auditions

I call it the Pod Casting Podcast

• Options

Putting a bunch of great shows (and undoubtedly way more shitty ones) on blast here.

it's not a value judgment on the quality of the podcast itself! it's just a dumb naming convention

• Options

The more I think about it the more I'm mostly just offended on behalf of the Podcast Thread Podcast

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I've recently started Tindering (I have to do something to stave off this existential dread while I have the summer off) and I've noticed that a good number of folks have podcasts listed in their profile as one of their interests.

It's cool to see the medium getting more traction and general awareness.

• Options

The more I think about it the more I'm mostly just offended on behalf of the Podcast Thread Podcast

that's...not the kind of thing I'm talking about

• Options

that's...not the kind of thing I'm talking about

I know, I'm just doin' a goof. After all that's the most putting-cast-or-pod-in-the-name you can get!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the context!

• Options
    if it was the podcast threadcast, though

• Options

You're right, that's a much more succinct and effective name.

Hey T-Floos, I got a production note for you

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

The Pod-Cast

• Options
    Podthreadcast

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular