As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

E3, Featuring Knack 2 and some other games!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    one of my favorite parts of Spider-Man 2 is people being so happy to see me

also someone stole their purse

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

MY BALLOON!!!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Arkham Origins was so close with the random crimes popping up that you could divert from whatever mission you're racing towards to stop. Even just making a few of those something like stopping a mugging or rescuing someone from a burning building would go so far towards making it feel like you're doing something to help Gotham instead of just beating up clowns again.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I think Bruce Wayne being the mask to Batman was a really good take on the character that has played itself out a decade or so ago but it's still the only angle getting used

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Arkham Knight is middling but I fucking loved the tank stuff

It was SUPER fun and basically is the only thing I've ever seen that I would call 3d bullet hell. I was completely on love with it.
    yes hello, have you tried Nier Automata

Yeah I

Don't like that game at all

I wish I did!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »

MY BALLOON!!!

Remember the tutorial in Ultimate Spider-Man which featured Venom eating that kid

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Ultimate Spider-Man was a lot of fun! Definitely the last really good Spider-Man game

• Options
    Shattered Dimensions was pretty solid too, but yeah Ultimate is definitely the last one I would recommend just as a good game and not "good for a Spider-Man game"

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Sounds like impressions for the PS4 game are quite positive. It's supposedly much more open than that canned E3 demo.

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    Sounds like impressions for the PS4 game are quite positive. It's supposedly much more open than that canned E3 demo.
    Oh yeah I'm not surprised by that at all, the majority of Insomniac's work is excellent and Spider-Man is very much in their wheelhouse

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Oh yeah I'm not surprised by that at all, the majority of Insomniac's work is excellent and Spider-Man is very much in their wheelhouse

Yeah, I have a lot of faith in Insomniac after Sunset Overdrive(which is criminally underrated) but the E3 presentation was kind of meh.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Did Sunset Overdrive ever hit that xbox live thing that'd let me play it on PC?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty legit excited for a good Spider-Man game. I feel like Arkhaming it up a bit but not too much is a good direction to go.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I mostly remember Arkham Origins for having the dumbest excuse for not having civilians on the streets short of "they only own white clothing and it's after Labour Day".

"It's cold. Only criminals could possibly be out in the cold."

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    I mostly remember Arkham Origins for having the dumbest excuse for not having civilians on the streets short of "they only own white clothing and it's after Labour Day".

"It's cold. Only criminals could possibly be out in the cold."

...Uh. Was it like, -50 out? I never played Origins but like

Geez

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    It wasn't "cold", it was a record setting blihazard and it was Christmas eve

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    It was so cold, the modelers, textures and shaders didn't render properly, so everyone had to stay inside.

But yeah, Chincy is correct.

Also Also, I really hope the Spider-man game has amazing failures for the QTEs.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    God the premise of Arkham Origins is so good

"A bunch of supervillains are hired to kill a still-novice Batman on Christmas Eve and he has to fight them all off while also evading the police" is aces

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    A record-setting blizzard of *looks at Arkham Origins screenshots* 2 inches of snow!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    There were four snowflakes on screen at any one time. It's only a blizzard if you live in one of those southern states where two inches of snow means cars skidding off the streets left and right because everyone panics.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Most criminals have the blood of the Jötunn in their veins and do not fear the cold

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

"A bunch of supervillains are hired to kill a still-novice Batman on Christmas Eve and he has to fight them all off while also evading the police" is aces

It also has the actual best Joker origin out there that has nothing to do with Ace Chemicals.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I really liked how the bat mobile handled, they just made it permeate every single aspect of the game so much, it definitely felt like it was taking over.

But the puzzles where you have to figure how to get a door open or something and use the bat mobile to do it were pretty good. The best parts of the batmobile was when Batman would treat it as just another gadget in his utility belt.

• Options
    David_T wrote: »
    There were four snowflakes on screen at any one time. It's only a blizzard if you live in one of those southern states where two inches of snow means cars skidding off the streets left and right because everyone panics.

It's funny too because WB Montreal is, surprisingly, located in Montreal

where a foot of snow is in no way record-setting and just considered "one of the snowstorms this winter".

sig.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

It also has the actual best Joker origin out there that has nothing to do with Ace Chemicals.
    Don't they technically show the Ace Chemicals origin? Granted it's a joker flashback so who knows how accurate it was, but it had the Red Hood and everything.

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »

Don't they technically show the Ace Chemicals origin? Granted it's a joker flashback so who knows how accurate it was, but it had the Red Hood and everything.
    Yes you get that too but the bit at the hotel where you have to save Joker's life and it realigns everything he thinks he knows about the world and kicks off his obsession with Batman in earnest is just so great.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I genuinely think Origins, despite being questionable in the tech department, is THOROUGHLY worth playing because it has some of the best joker moments ever and some of the best batman moments ever

• Options
    Also both Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker kill it as Batman and Joker, respectively

the fact that no one has asked Baker to reprise the role since is a tragedy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I mean if its a blizzard with psychopaths running about I'm not going out either.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    well, the only good joker is mark hamill, according to online, so why mess with perfection!?!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't even remember the tech stuff
    I guess I had one hard freeze

• Options
    Also both Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker kill it as Batman and Joker, respectively

Lack of opportunity most likely, since the only other Batman games was Knight, and even if you think that Baker is better than Hamil, changing VOs for the last game would have been weird

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't even remember the tech stuff
    I guess I had one hard freeze

The framerate was abysmal on PS3

I guess they did eventually patch it to be fine? But I was done with it by that point

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Part of me wants Hamill and Conroy to both refuse to do it ever again so that we can move on to other portrayals. They're great, but it's like a thing now

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

Lack of opportunity most likely, since the only other Batman games was Knight, and even if you think that Baker is better than Hamil, changing VOs for the last game would have been weird
    Yeah but there have been lots of other Joker appearances in stuff using voice actors. Cartoons, movies, etc.

Dunno if Baker ever does non-games stuff but I would love it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I thought Hamill straight up quit the Joker?

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Part of me wants Hamill and Conroy to both refuse to do it ever again so that we can move on to other portrayals. They're great, but it's like a thing now
    I don't think Conroy will ever step away short of him not being able to do the voice anymore, which is a goddamn bummer because there have been a lot of great one-offs that never got another chance to shine

Now for my contractually obligated posting of:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9qK4mELlTA

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Is Hamill still doing it in Injustice 2? That Joker sounds pretty good

Really the only Joker voice I've heard so far that I can't stand is the one from The Batman

• Options
    Tube wrote: »

Luckily I think Hamil is pretty done as well. He spent a really long time telling people he wasn't going to be a voice in Knight, and I think in the beginning he meant it, they just eventually convinced him

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I thought Hamill straight up quit the Joker?
    He did and then he came back to it

Arkham City was supposed to be his last go, but since then he's done Arkham Knight, Justice League Action and The Killing Joke

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.