As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

E3, Featuring Knack 2 and some other games!

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Also I derive enormous schaudenfreude for things that massacre Harry Potter bullshit so on some level I understand (even though I love LOTR very much)

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Actually, while it may be a bit gauche to talk about it before the second game is even out, how would they do a third game?
    Like, unless they reset your power and make you start near scratch, I'm not sure where there is to go up. Obviously they could just go "We rendered Middle-Earth. All of it." and have that be how the gameworld gets upgraded, but is there going to be a level of power and scope being "Guy with a One Ring conquering middle earth". Would he be battling the gods at that point?

Unless Talion just goes flat out evil and it's a new character trying to take him out.

Oh no, wait, I got it.

Celebrimbor uses the ring to become whole again and takes it from Talion; third game is stopping Celebrimbor.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I used to be kind of miffed that Shadow of Mordor was a LoTR property but we've already passed the point where it just straight up isn't

I don't even mean that as a "not a true successor" type deal, it just doesn't have anything in common with the source material on any level but a couple of names

Brands are fucking weird

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    SimBen wrote: »
    Shadow of War
    Please please please name it "The Two Ring" in-game PLEASE.
    Tallion looks down at Sauron's smoking corpse, then holds out his hand, palm facing outwards like a person newly-engaged, admiring the glitter of the gold on his finger

"I guess we can call this the 'Won' Ring, now."

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Nobody is more boring than Aragorn

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm going to say it again

Have one of these games end with Tallion kicking in the door on the Council of Elrond and killing all (or most) of the protagonists of the actual Lord of the Rings series

Let's go full fanfiction on this shit

the last time someone went full fanfiction on a beloved property we got the force unleashed so

let's be reasonable here

But then the closest that came to not being fucking awful was when they departed completely and did elseworlds shit where he titfucks Luke Skywalker and gives Chewbacca a wedgie

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

your posts are!

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Talion would like you to hold his

...mead, right?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ceno mentioned Harry Potter, but is there any other franchise where you'd like to see an adaption or spinoff go completely of the rails like the Shadow games do for LotR?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Ceno mentioned Harry Potter, but is there any other franchise where you'd like to see an adaption or spinoff go completely of the rails like the Shadow games do for LotR?

A Batman game where you kill every criminal

With guns

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

babysitter's club

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    But they've already made several Punisher games

• Options

Not good enough

Needs to be Bruce Wayne

Hollow point bullets that explode into bat shaped shards

I can see the back of the box taglines now

"Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker? This time, he will."

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

a rocky game where you get caught for match fixing after rocky 1 and become a hitman instead

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Zelda

I was so fucking upset when the trashed concept art for BoTW with link on a motorcycle fighting a god damned flying saucer came out

Instead we got the same fantasy-but-with-ancient-tech-hyrule but emptier

Thaaaaanks

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Metal Gear Solid

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Back in the Ezio days, I was very much looking forward to that inevitable future-only Assassin's Creed game, just to see how crazy it'd get.

Sigh.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Better Call Saul

Oh turns out that was Gus Fring's twin brother all along!

sig.gif
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

Zelda

I was so fucking upset when the trashed concept art for BoTW with link on a motorcycle fighting a god damned flying saucer came out

Instead we got the same fantasy-but-with-ancient-tech-hyrule but emptier

Thaaaaanks

You mean like a Zelda where Hyrule is way closer to modern technology? That would actually be pretty rad.

You've got me picturing the fire temple equivalent being some kind of crazy Goron-run gigantic steel mill.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Better Call Saul

Giant Bomb recently proposed a Better Call Saul Telltale game and fuck that'd probably be pretty good

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Better Call Saul

Giant Bomb recently proposed a Better Call Saul Telltale game and fuck that'd probably be pretty good

THAT WOULD BE SO GOOD

You could basically overlay a Telltale interface over the recent conversation he had with the insurance lady and it would work flawlessly.

[Mention Chuck's Condition] [Lie]

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Back in the Ezio days, I was very much looking forward to that inevitable future-only Assassin's Creed game, just to see how crazy it'd get.

Sigh.

Relistening to old GB's lately and hearing them talk about assassins creed as if it would have a story that would eventually conclude and make narrative sense is both very very funny and very sad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Jimmy McGill basically lives a Telltale Protagonist life, where it seems like he has agency and choices to make, but the universe keeps kicking him and pushing him down a predetermined path

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I'm still waiting on a Star Trek TNG Season 8 Telltale game

They're all still alive, we need to get them in a recording booth for god's sake

Also they can just use the plotlines from that season 8 twitter account, there's some gold there

Ceno on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Actually, while it may be a bit gauche to talk about it before the second game is even out, how would they do a third game?
    Like, unless they reset your power and make you start near scratch, I'm not sure where there is to go up. Obviously they could just go "We rendered Middle-Earth. All of it." and have that be how the gameworld gets upgraded, but is there going to be a level of power and scope being "Guy with a One Ring conquering middle earth". Would he be battling the gods at that point?

Unless Talion just goes flat out evil and it's a new character trying to take him out.

Oh no, wait, I got it.

Celebrimbor uses the ring to become whole again and takes it from Talion; third game is stopping Celebrimbor.

Hear me out.

Celebrimbor has some notes on the leadership of the Undying Lands.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Let me wreck all the elves' nice shit.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    I mean the final boss of wolfenstein tno is literally a dead guy made into a robot

Can't wait!

We've all already killed that boss once before...

zaajkiubf8mzdovdqaeb.jpg

Have we though?

HAVE WE?!

Well if we take the game as canon

Hitler's head was still there
    Tube wrote: »
    Continent spanning bridges are extremely impractical.

Let me tell you about Albert Speer, and what practicality meant to him

e: turns out another German architect, Sörgel, planned something which I'm sure TNO's Gibraltar bridge is based on:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantropa

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

This works fantastically when following the Babysitter's Club suggestion

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh wow, Prey sure is a 0451 game huh

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Avatar the Last Airbender. The original one.
    Couscous wrote: »

Metal Gear Solid

How would you know it's gone off the rails though?

• Options
    james bond dies midway through his first operation and M is sent in to clean up his mess

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    james bond dies midway through his first operation and M is sent in to clean up his mess

Oh I love Velvet

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Oh I love Velvet

right, but with judi dench

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Avatar the Last Airbender. The original one.
    Couscous wrote: »

Metal Gear Solid

How would you know it's gone off the rails though?

It becomes an war loving USA-hurrah game with giant mechs where Snake talks like Richard Marcinko does in Rogue Warrior.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Richard Marcinko?

Oh, you mean Demo Dick

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    You should absolutely play talion as a neo-sauron who wins in shadow of middle-earth

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I kinda appreciate the Shadow of Mordor series basically being based off someone's MERP campaign notes.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    okay I like Prey but this combat kinda sucks so I'm bumping it down to easy
    I'm 5 hours in and I have all of two piddly little powers

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I miss Matt Lees' recaps

This discussion has been closed.