As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DS Browser - Right out of thin air!

2»

• Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This browser gets a big "maybe" from me.

slash000 on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Evander wrote: »
    a smart phone with wifi is something close to 500 dollars

with the ds headset I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising company got VoIP to work with it

with the Sprint SERO deal, you pay 30 bucks a month for 500 minutes, and unlimited data is included. Also, you can get a Motorola Q free AR

I would have bought this a year ago, but it is worth nothing to me now that I have a Treo, with unlimited data

I stopped paying by the minute for Internet back when I left CompuServe back in '94 (or was it '96? whatever) and I'm not starting again.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wait..

I was looking up info on release dates on Gamefaqs, and I they're listing this as coming out on June 4...

but interestingly, they're also showing Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06 as coming out on the same day. Remember Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06? The pseudo-guitar music sandboxy type game-like thing?

Didn't expect that to come to North America.

slash000 on
  • Options
    mr_ekimmr_ekim Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, coming from Ubisoft of all places. That's weird and exciting at the same time!

mr_ekim on
    steam_sig.pngmrekim.phpmrekim.php
  • Options
    zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I want to know if the US release has been updated in regards to it's Japanese and European counterparts. Did they try to make the browser faster (despite the machine's own limitations) and did they cram any more support or features.

It seems pretty weird that they would wait a year or so just to translate the same old slow browser.

zanetheinsane on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    slash000 wrote: »
    Wait..

I was looking up info on release dates on Gamefaqs, and I they're listing this as coming out on June 4...

but interestingly, they're also showing Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06 as coming out on the same day. Remember Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06? The pseudo-guitar music sandboxy type game-like thing?

Didn't expect that to come to North America.

It could be coming to Japan on that day. I mean, I think they'd change the name before sending it here, at least. Most Americans would have problems pronouncing "Hiite Utaeru".

Daedalus on
  • Options
    zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    From a Game Informer article:
    Ubisoft is bringing over Plato's Japanese title Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06 this June as Jam Sessions.

zanetheinsane on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    From a Game Informer article:
    Ubisoft is bringing over Plato's Japanese title Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06 this June as Jam Sessions.

Ah. Well, I'm retarded, I guess. Is the relevant quote "disregard that, I suck cocks"? Where'd that come from, anyway?

Daedalus on
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Slightly off topic, I got a PSP recently, and have connected to the internet to browse once. And I'd do it more if the fucking text entry on that thing wasn't the worst peice of shit ever developed on the planet. Who the hell thought that was a good thing?

Give me a goddamn on-screen qwerty keyboard. This goes for you too Xbox 360 (is there someway to make it qwerty?)

I'm so used to Qwerty keys that I forgot my fucking alphabet, and I'm not even joking. It takes me forever to type anything on the xbox onscreen keyboard.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The PSP would benefit from an amply placed thumb-board with a right thumb mounted trackpad or Thinkpad style touchpoint in the way of an add-on. Hmm. I think I need to talk to the guys at Nyko about that tomorrow at work.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm going to bump this since we are nearing actual retail launch of this. I think I'll get one just for a single reason. Gmail checking without having to have a laptop.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I would have bought this if it came out stateside back when it was first being hyped, but I have absolutely no reason to get it now. I have my Treo, and the PSP browser is free.

Evander on
  • Options
    blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Not on the buy list. Maybe if I see it in a 10 buck bin at EB or something, but otherwise, just not usefull enough.

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Evander wrote: »
    a smart phone with wifi is something close to 500 dollars

with the ds headset I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising company got VoIP to work with it

with the Sprint SERO deal, you pay 30 bucks a month for 500 minutes, and unlimited data is included. Also, you can get a Motorola Q free AR

I would have bought this a year ago, but it is worth nothing to me now that I have a Treo, with unlimited data

I stopped paying by the minute for Internet back when I left CompuServe back in '94 (or was it '96? whatever) and I'm not starting again.

"unlimited data" means just that, unlimited

as in, use it all you like, as much as you like, because it's unlimited.

No paying by the minute, hour, byte, bit, or file.

Evander on