As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xenoblade Chronicles] Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition coming to Switch in 2020

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Ursula's Stamps DO NOT carry over to NG+.

Well fuck NG+ then.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Well fuck NG+ then.

The affinity chart will. Just gotta finish her on ng file.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Well fuck NG+ then.

The affinity chart will. Just gotta finish her on ng file.

Can confirm. Have Ursula on my Nia, so was able to check early on and the affinity chart remained unlocked. Stamps were gone, but I don't need them.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I'm not even sure if blade quests can be retriggered. Boreas' food containers were completely full when I checked. But I guess there might be a party requirement to start the quest?

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Kizmitt wrote: »
    I'm not even sure if blade quests can be retriggered. Boreas' food containers were completely full when I checked. But I guess there might be a party requirement to start the quest?

I think they can be. I saw a screenshot on reddit of (vess affinity quest spoiler)
    someone doing the Vess quest with the guy still alive sitting next to the kids talking about him being dead
    , so it sounds like you can just do all of them but it is wonky in the results? Which is fine, and part of the fun of the NG+, breaking all the lore.

Sounds like there was a major change to the way blade weapon buffs apply and now only the currently active blades will have their things apply (i.e. if you have all 9 of your current party with gold chips, only 3 will ever be active), severely reducing the effectiveness of some common farming methods.

I haven't played the game really since I finished it and dorked around a bit in post game, but with the changes to farming I'm thinking that I'm probably better off just starting a NG+ and relying on cores that drop normally or are from rewards, than sitting around trying to farm them before starting. Beyond that, having the new blades in the drop pool at all would be a good reason to go, instead of just blowing more and more crystals on a much smaller pool of rares (I have 4 left, but there are 6 more in NG+ so just better odds in general for more rares if I just start again).

I'll have to take a look see and check if there's anything I really want to do before a NG+. Maybe at least finish the grind to 99, since the NG+ has stuff you can buy with extra XP? Dunno. Kill more uniques? I've done all sidequests and such so the only thing left is the unique monster/level grind. Oh, there's those chips that there are only 10 of ever, maybe I should get those at least first, in case you can get more of them in NG+? Hrm.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Oh Gold Chips are nerfed? I liked smashing some unique mobs to get rare cores.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Haha

That's an interesting unlock for new game plus!
    Zeke's
    eye of shining justice.

I wonder what it actually is
    Saw a video of this. His movement and attack speeds are MASSIVELY increased.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Yeah a lot of people are miffed about it. Never really took advantage of it myself so I doubt I'll notice the difference.

I'm curious if anyone has started a NG+ though? I'm wondering if you get the "season pass" rewards again or if they're once ever. I believe the notes said that starting a new game+ and saving overwrites your existing save so it's not something I'm going to try just yet. EDIT: Also I want to know about the overdrive's if you get those again from the season pass, that would be nice (though apparently you can just purchase them with xp or something too). I'm looking at my blade list and I have so many blades on characters that they're basically useless on (Ursula on Zeke :rotate: ) and was thinking about switching some of them up.

Also, I guess you can buy legendary cores in NG+ for 200k xp each? I don't know what that translates to, if it is expensive or not. But apparently if you're level 99 and use the deleveling feature to go down to 1, and then back to 99 the game resets your XP to what is needed for 99 and gives you anything you had earned beyond that back to spend in NG+. There's a debate if that is a bug or not, but to me it sounds intentional.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Yeah a lot of people are miffed about it. Never really took advantage of it myself so I doubt I'll notice the difference.

I'm curious if anyone has started a NG+ though? I'm wondering if you get the "season pass" rewards again or if they're once ever. I believe the notes said that starting a new game+ and saving overwrites your existing save so it's not something I'm going to try just yet.

Also, I guess you can buy legendary cores in NG+ for 200k xp each? I don't know what that translates to, if it is expensive or not. But apparently if you're level 99 and use the deleveling feature to go down to 1, and then back to 99 the game resets your XP to what is needed for 99 and gives you anything you had earned beyond that back to spend in NG+. There's a debate if that is a bug or not, but to me it sounds intentional.

The most XP a character can get in a single battle is 99999. So that's two battles with max XP. There are some easy enemies that can give that much pretty quickly if you overkill them with a chain attack. It's probably not faster than driver comboing the Torigoth bull, even with the Gold Chip nerf.

• Options
    It's nice that you can open cores before you get the story ability to open cores, even if it took 20 legendary and 30 rare cores to finally get one of these new blades.

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Oh my god opening cores is so much less tiresome now. But if I could just also skip the release blade dialogue...

No 1 star tiger blade, you don't get to make a speach about missing me.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    You can skip that now though. Just keep mashing A. Or B. One of the buttons shuts them up.

Kizmitt on
  • Options
    I.... am having NG+ regret. Oh well too bad!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    plufim wrote: »

With what exactly? I'm trying to cross my t's and dot my i's before going into it.

• Options
    I like to think I'm just rewatching all the cut scenes but with some extra extra steps in between. Even dropping my level to 10 has me winning battles in 1 second due to all the various augments equipped.

• Options
    The game doesn't open up the full kit of shenanigans to you right away, whereas by endgame it's feasible for Rex to solo out four orbs for a full-break chain attack (granted, mainly by making liberal use of Mythra and her ridiculous arts recharges).

Having the full combat system open... yeah things are going to suffer.

• Options
    Zython wrote: »
    plufim wrote: »

With what exactly? I'm trying to cross my t's and dot my i's before going into it.

There's only 1 save so it's gonna be a long time before I can visit the other titans.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I got 3 rares in a row last night: Newt, Dahlia, and fat bunny...cant remember his name.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I’m really bummed about the new blades. I was so looking forward to doing a low level run and using them but they’re stuck with ridiculous attack power.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I got 3 rares in a row last night: Newt, Dahlia, and fat bunny...cant remember his name.

Boreas?

Zython on
  • Options
    Yeah there were already videos yesterday of lvl 1's taking out 130 bosses. :rotate:

Still curious if you get the bonus pack content again in NG+ or if it is already considered "opened" if you got it in the first playthrough.

• Options
    It's already considered opened.

• Options
    Whoah! NG+ spoiler Chapter 3.
    They gave Vandham a second affinity chart, too. Little things like that are great. But it makes me wish you can keep him all the more.

• Options
    Wooo. Managed to snag the world record for vanilla (no dlc) new game speed run. 5:49. Not sure how beatable that's gonna be by me at least.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    As a fool who is still playing the game for the first time...

The more time I spend with the game, it's combat system and character customization really starts to click in a satisfying way. It's complex enough to be worth investigating, and the changes you make can grant you big payoffs. Also, Tiger Tiger is really cute.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Haha I almost started my ng+ without finishing Ursula’s quest.

I was at 89 of all of them.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Haha I almost started my ng+ without finishing Ursula’s quest.

I was at 89 of all of them.

You were almost about to know true regret.

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    NG+ Blade opening spoiler:
    Cressidus's cinematic is just...amazing. I honestly didn't expect him to be a WRASSLER.

Zython on
  • Options
    Doing ng+ now.

It feels like I’m gaining more experience than normal, and even leveled down and using tin chips my auto attacks seem to be hitting for a lot more.

• Options
    Doing ng+ now.

It feels like I’m gaining more experience than normal, and even leveled down and using tin chips my auto attacks seem to be hitting for a lot more.

if you have the affinity charts leveled, that's why. Your blades do more damage at higher trust levels.

• Options
    Oh hey it's Vandham again, this time I'm going to put him as the party leader and experience all his dialogue things.
    Oh his affinity chart hasn't unlocked the use the y/b skill at start of battle nodes and he can't blade switch?
    Yeah I can understand why some people gave up before the battle system completely opens up in chapter 4.
    This is not fun.

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I'm going to start playing this sometime soonish and I just want to know if the game is going to be unfun unless I played in docked mode. Having Xenoblade on 3DS so that I could take it wherever was a big part of helping me actually finish that game.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    I'm going to start playing this sometime soonish and I just want to know if the game is going to be unfun unless I played in docked mode. Having Xenoblade on 3DS so that I could take it wherever was a big part of helping me actually finish that game.

I played the game 90% in handheld mode, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    The graphics take a bit of a hit in handheld but it's still lightyears ahead of what the 3ds version of one looked like. You'll be fine.

I think I played about 30 minutes docked out of 120+ hours.

• Options
    NG+ really should have included a Hard mode or an option to have all the enemies scale to near endgame levels at the beginning.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    How long did it take you to max out affinity on your blades spamming food?

Edit: *blade spoilers*
    I want to use Nia as a blade for superbosses. Any recommendations? Tora can sustain himself easily but who should I use as a third? Morag? Zeke? Should I stick a healer blade on them?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    How long did it take you to max out affinity on your blades spamming food?

Edit: *blade spoilers*
    I want to use Nia as a blade for superbosses. Any recommendations? Tora can sustain himself easily but who should I use as a third? Morag? Zeke? Should I stick a healer blade on them?

Tora and Zeke imo, Rex can play healer. Hell, Mythra can keep the party healed solo with anchor shot crits.

• Options
    How smart is the AI? I don’t think I ever saw Morag or Tora go out of their way to pick up potions only Nia.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    From what I can tell, the game expects Healers to go after the potions because any Healer-role Blade gives a passive bonus to recovery from potions while they're active. So the Tanks may be ignoring them because its not their job, even if there is no healer. In which case, eh... not that smart, apparently.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Yeah the downside to anchor shot spam is now you have to fetch them yourself.