As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Secret World Legends] - TTRPG Kickstarter huge success - Winter is coming

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Oh, hello there, Secret World thread! Haven't had much to post in you for a while!

The Agent System is being added to Secret World Legends tomorrow, February 27th!

What is the Agent System, you ask? Well, there's a detailed explanation with pictures on the SWL website, but let me summarize:
    Once you reach level 15, you will be able to recruit new agents to work for you. You send them on missions that tick down in real-time (whether or not you are logged in) and they will get you various rewards upon completion. Once leveled high enough, agents can provide you with passive bonuses that will vary from agent to agent. Agents can be acquired throughout all sorts of means in the game - it's meant for players to discover exactly where every agent is, and for agents to be traded among players. If you don't want to trade agents, you can also trade them in for a new currency that can be used to buy Agent-specific special gear to help level them up faster or be more efficient at completing missions.

All in all, it sounds like a neat little extra thing to be doing. Not exactly earth-shattering, but it is something brand-new for everyone to start working on and figuring out. The fact that all the Agent Missions have new descriptive text for them means that there will be a lot of new tidbits of world lore for us to unpack, too.

As far as Season 2, they are going to be giving us some actual information next week!

So basically followers like in World of Warcraft?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    yup. or Duty Officers ("doffs") from Star Trek Online.

"Go forth, my redshirts!"

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've heard people referring to the Agent System using those as comparisons.

What's unexpected is that literally every action and sabotage mission has a chance to drop an agent, which probably means that while the odds are low-ish, it'll mean that region-specific agents are more viable for non-patrons to try and get, as they'll have a lot more missions to go through before running into cooldowns, if they're only doing the daily challenge amounts.

• Options
    Wow, there's actually a lot of story stuff going on in the Agent missions if you stop and read all the mission briefs and turn-ins.

• Options
    Apparently I missed a no keys weekend and could have opened all the chests I have. I hope they do another soon.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Hahahaha, no, those aren't the free keys. These were for lairs, scenarios, raids, etc etc.
    You still have to pay to open lockboxes. You always have to pay to open the crate, scratch the ticket, etc; that's how they get you.

• Options
    The in-game lootboxes are called caches.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Community stream this Friday. That it isn't called a devstream, and the phrasing of the tweet, suggests they aren't going to be telling us about Season 2 stuff like they said they wanted to. Come on...

Edit: To be fair, it could be they are behind schedule because of the huge snowstorm that hit the East Coast.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I was out of town for a bit but here's some planned improvements to the Agent System, as discussed in the stream on Friday and summarized by Rovena over on the official forums
    You will get a second agent relatively early in the agent handler career
    She is a new agent that gets introduces so you have more than one Agent
    The UI will be added to the topbar menu
    Build manager integration (adding the agent selection in the supporting agent slots to the saved build)
    Faction restriction bug on missions will be fixed. (No more Dragons running missions for Illuminati for example)
    They have ideas for tying the Agent Network into the weekend events
    More stability patches coming if needed, please give feedback
    They will add an option to look at what missions are available even if all slots are filled (not coming with the other improvements but later)

They are also hoping that they can put more information out about Season 2 next week, but of course we've been hoping for that for a number of weeks now.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz69_6DuHRc
    The fuse is lit. Philip Marquard, leader of the Morninglight, has been making moves in a hotbed of cultist operations: New Dawn. A mysterious text was sent to your phone. It’s time to come out of the shadows and spring into action.

Infiltrate the New Dawn compound. Rise up within their ranks. Experience brand new, fully voice-acted missions, defeat new creatures inspired by ancient folklore, and uncover the sinister truths of the Morninglight cult in this thrilling new chapter of Secret World Legends.

Grab your passport, book your flights, and buckle up. You’re about to to go on one hell of a ride.

It's happening!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Hype train! Choo choo!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I refuse it believe it's real until I'm done playing it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I still need to finish Tokyo. I kept getting bored cause I had already completed Tokyo in TSW. I think the last time I logged on was for the Christmas stuff.

Stragint on

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh shiiii~

I was just telling myself the other day that I would only get Secret World Legends if they ever got past where Secret World left off, and lo and behold...

Welp, time to dive back in.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I keep meaning to come back to this game, but then I remember Daimon Kiyota and lose the will to live.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I left off trying to push through the desert. It's such a low point in the game.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    I left off trying to push through the desert. It's such a low point in the game.

Well, you're in luck, it looks like we have another desert to trudge through!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    It's been a while, but I think lore hinted that there was another Gaia Engine/Filth Incursion somewhere in the Congo, somehow the 'oldest' or most powerful one. This could be the first step towards uncovering that, I imagine.

Secret World still probably has the best story of any MMO I've ever played, I stuck with it even through its low points just to get more of it.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    It's been a while, but I think lore hinted that there was another Gaia Engine/Filth Incursion somewhere in the Congo, somehow the 'oldest' or most powerful one. This could be the first step towards uncovering that, I imagine.

Secret World still probably has the best story of any MMO I've ever played, I stuck with it even through its low points just to get more of it.

I would have agreed with that at launch. I feel like every issue they released was of lower and lower quality, until they finally gave us the end of Tokyo and it was some of the worst writing I've seen.

I'm interested in new content, but based on everything they've done for the last few years I don't believe it will be anything but garbage. But after all the goodwill they earned with TSW, I'll check a couple of reviews and give them a chance to surprise me.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Starting up the supernatural-themed DLC in Assassin's Creed Origins and boy howdy, it sure seems like some Atenist cultists are stirring shit up!
    You can even visit the City of the Sun God
    0A2D9734DABC8CA57CAEBCA7F19D3593953A6D0B

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Today's patch made some miscellaneous fixes to the Agent System UI, and now everyone will get a second Agent after completing their first non-tutorial mission.

• Options
    Dove back in as I intended and I'm closing in on finishing off New England. The Tyler Freebourne mission-line will be the capper. Always meant to replay the storyline of the main game, so this was a good opportunity. It's nice to go over everything again knowing more about the world and the lore so I can fully appreciate the implications of everything being said.

I like the changes that were made to make combat more interesting - I've only tried elementalism and chaos so far, but the energy/heat mechanic of elementalism is fun. Combat in Secret World will probably never be as hectic or exciting as other MMOs I've played like WoW and Wildstar, but it's an improvement.

Not sure I like the way gear works now though. In other games I enjoy getting new drops from dungeons and bosses and hard quests that replace my old stuff. Here is seems to be a slooow process of feeding drops into your gear bit by bit to level them up. I also wish you had a choice of carrying over certain stats when your gear leveled based on what you feed it - I was thinking of the way you could customize gear in Darksiders 2, that was always a neat system. Haven't really paid much attention to it yet cuz it's just not that interesting, but I'll be keeping an eye out for certain gear types with certain descriptors and setting them aside for future upgrades when I get to max level.

I think I'll become a patron, at least for a while. Not too impressed with the DLC packs on steam, but I would like to give the game financial support somehow.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    There aren't actually DPS/Tank/Healing talismans for each slot any more now that Anima Allocation exists for on-the-fly adjustment of stats. Running dungeons still gets you pieces that have special bonuses that will be for one of those roles, however - running elite dungeons once you're level 50 is how you get distillates to level up your equipment faster than just feeding it stuff that drops in the world. Honestly though, you can get stuff up to purple by the end of Transylvania just with feeding them drops and doing the story dungeon in each zone, and I think the story content is meant to be doable even in all-blue gear.

• Options
    Also, Tyler Freeborn is integrated into the story path now, I think? The egypt story missions definitely are (and make egypt make a lot more sense like that)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Also, Tyler Freeborn is integrated into the story path now, I think? The egypt story missions definitely are (and make egypt make a lot more sense like that)

It is, I noticed the start of it while running around Blue Mountain. So far it seems like most of the 'Issue' content has been integrated into the game, though I know the Tokyo dungeons aren't in yet.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

It is, I noticed the start of it while running around Blue Mountain. So far it seems like most of the 'Issue' content has been integrated into the game, though I know the Tokyo dungeons aren't in yet.

I think what Spoit is wondering is if the Freeborn missions are incorporated into the Main Story mission path now, in such a manner that you have to complete them before going to Egypt. They are not.

• Options
    Ah, I see. And yeah, no, it's not something you have to do for New England. It's just an awesome storyline.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    There aren't actually DPS/Tank/Healing talismans for each slot any more now that Anima Allocation exists for on-the-fly adjustment of stats. Running dungeons still gets you pieces that have special bonuses that will be for one of those roles, however.

Huh. Do tell me more? I sorta stalled out around Tokyo, and ended up uninstalling. ;_;

Is there a good explanation of the Anima Allocation system online anywhere that you recommend?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    There aren't actually DPS/Tank/Healing talismans for each slot any more now that Anima Allocation exists for on-the-fly adjustment of stats. Running dungeons still gets you pieces that have special bonuses that will be for one of those roles, however.

Huh. Do tell me more? I sorta stalled out around Tokyo, and ended up uninstalling. ;_;

Is there a good explanation of the Anima Allocation system online anywhere that you recommend?

How about...the official site?
    Introducing Anima Allocation

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    If you consider that a good explanation of the system, neat. I was specifically asking for something that someone experienced with the system considered a good explanation, thanks.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Kay wrote: »
    If you consider that a good explanation of the system, neat. I was specifically asking for something that someone experienced with the system considered a good explanation, thanks.

You get a triangle. Triangle has different stat for each point. Move dot in triangle to determine stat distribution. 100% in attack? 25% attack 25% healing 50% health? 37% health 63% attack? 12% attack 77% healing 11% health?

You do you.

Raw #s are based on the power rating of each talisman and is converted to health, protection, damage, and healing based on how you allocate your triangle dot.

Stragint on

• Options
    edited March 2018
    That's it really. It's a super simple system where a percentage of your powerrating is applied to each one of the three stats.
    Which allocation is best? Too many variables. It depends on playing style and the weapon and abilities you picked.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    It's basically a method where people who want to focus on healing and tank in the end-game are able to solo-play and DPS without having to also be leveling up a DPS geer set. Likewise, it lets people who focus mainly on DPS also be able to be a tank/healer in a pinch.

As far as the balance you need just as a solo player, it defaults to 80 DPS/20 Tank I think? As you get your stats up more with better gear and more passive boosts unlocked, you can push it further to just DPS.

• Options
    It's basically a method where people who want to focus on healing and tank in the end-game are able to solo-play and DPS without having to also be leveling up a DPS geer set. Likewise, it lets people who focus mainly on DPS also be able to be a tank/healer in a pinch.

As far as the balance you need just as a solo player, it defaults to 80 DPS/20 Tank I think? As you get your stats up more with better gear and more passive boosts unlocked, you can push it further to just DPS.

90/10 DPS/Survival is the default.

• Options
    Level 50, yeah! I'm right outside the Black Pyramid in Egypt, poised to finish off that storyline. Just gonna wrap up the last few zone missions, and probably I'll do the Nameless storyline after the main Egypt one.

Should at least be in Tokyo before the Morninglight update drops, dunno how long it'll take to finish everything there.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Level 50, yeah! I'm right outside the Black Pyramid in Egypt, poised to finish off that storyline. Just gonna wrap up the last few zone missions, and probably I'll do the Nameless storyline after the main Egypt one.

Should at least be in Tokyo before the Morninglight update drops, dunno how long it'll take to finish everything there.

Eh, don't worry about rushing too much. Transylvania can be breezed through ridiculously fast because it doesn't actually require you to do anything but the main story mission, but take a moment to breathe and actually do a mission for the NPCs here and there. The new content will still be there when you're done, and honestly, if you're a week or two after launch getting there, it'll just mean you don't have to deal with all the launch bugs. :lol:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Logged on to finish Tokyo so I'm ready for the new content. Remembering how much I absolutely despise the small amount of bag and bank space and how it costs real money right away for the bank to get more slots.

Hmmm, I'm having trouble getting the display resolution to be any good. Is there a site I can use to find recommended builds?

Stragint on

• Options
    Closing in on Tokyo myself - I'm past the main Transylvania story and into the pre-Tokyo lead up. Damn, but this game has an awesome story and setting.

Got a better handle on how the gear system works with all the different ways of measuring quality and how upgrading functions; might even be fun!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I decided to give this another shot and cleaned out Kingsmouth and the Savage Coast over the weekend. Nothing left but the dungeon missions and probably a few glowies I missed.

This seems significantly streamlined compared to past incarnations I can remember, but the PvE content in the early going is really easy. Am I going to have to do something other than use whatever my biggest / best (AoE) Claw hit is and occasionally bubble at some point? I don't really mind the ordinary combat being somewhat on the trivial side - and I'm pretty sure I'm more than a little over-leveled due to the clean-out - but it'd be nice to need to work something other than my brain for the puzzles at some point.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png