As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Secret World Legends] - TTRPG Kickstarter huge success - Winter is coming

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Sooooo, I get to log in and get to character creation, but when I log into the SWL account with my TSW details, I'm lacking the TSW Legacy Transfer button. Anyone else with that problem?

Just checked, I don't have it either.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Looks like headstart is up and running, was able to get in and make my character.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Looks like headstart is up and running, was able to get in and make my character.

I haven't been able to connect to the login server, but I'll keep trying! =p

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Yeah, like I said, servers show as up, and I can log in, I just can't transfer my TSW stuff. That includes the name I reserved! :o

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Hah, must have happened for a load of people. Mine's there now.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Mine worked.
    Thank God, because I did NOT want to have to grind to unlock the weapons. It cost 45000 of the new currency Marks of Favor in beta to unlock both passives and active abilities per weapon, and you can only earn a limited amount per day. Noooooo thanks.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Mine worked.
    Thank God, because I did NOT want to have to grind to unlock the weapons. It cost 45000 of the new currency Marks of Favor in beta to unlock both passives and active abilities per weapon, and you can only earn a limited amount per day. Noooooo thanks.

I feel like this is going to cripple the game.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Uh yea...actually, that sounds horrible...why even????

• Options
    Ah, there we go, up and running again in the most important manner: fashion.
    qQ0tbJw.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Just confirming- any bonus points we have in TSW won't transfer over, right? So best to spend them on stuff that will transfer over?

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    texasheat wrote: »
    Uh yea...actually, that sounds horrible...why even????

To encourage you to spend real money to unlock them sooner.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Did anyone's transfer items show up yet? I've seen some people anima running around.

EDIT - looks like it did for a few of you.

vamen on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Just confirming- any bonus points we have in TSW won't transfer over, right? So best to spend them on stuff that will transfer over?

Correct.

I can also confirm that none of the items from Collector's Editions of the TSW Issues are available for purchase in SWL, so you might want to make those a priority.

I am frustrated that apparently my favorite style of pants to wear aren't available... but those were from an in-game vendor, not paid items. Although a couple paid items of mine also haven't shown up...

Almost all the clothing has transferred for me, though. I'm talking a few dozen items (of 5-6 total variety, most are recolors of same item) out of hundreds.

• Options
    Do the purchases weapon skins transfer over?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    I've heard from friends that any emotes you had transfer over- like the Anaconda dance and Make it Rain.

Hoping this includes /moonwalk_pro.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Stragint wrote: »
    Do the purchases weapon skins transfer over?

Unfortunately, no. Anything that was an item you used in your inventory did not transfer over. So emotes like Nassir's Groove, weapon moulds, the special gadgets, those didn't transfer. I don't know the technical details behind why.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    I don't know if this skill was always there since I never tried blood before, but...I wasn't feeling it when I started. And then I discovered Rupture, which rips out an enemies heart with your mind, pulls it to your hand, and then you crush it.
    Bad. Ass.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Man, I havn't seen this bug in ages. Does anyone remember how to stop the thing where you get the same message in the general chats like eight times in a row?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Man, I havn't seen this bug in ages. Does anyone remember how to stop the thing where you get the same message in the general chats like eight times in a row?

I made a new tab and have a few channels in it. I ignore General tab 99% of the time.

Did anyone ever get the CE of Issue 15? Wondering if the pipe emote transferred.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    So the 1200 funcom credits or whatever they are called get transferred to the new currency, right?

• Options

I made a new tab and have a few channels in it. I ignore General tab 99% of the time.

Did anyone ever get the CE of Issue 15? Wondering if the pipe emote transferred.

The pipe emote was an item emote like Nassir's Groove, so it did not transfer.

I'm pretty bummed about that one.

So the 1200 funcom credits or whatever they are called get transferred to the new currency, right?

Bonus points won't transfer, but the Funcom points you have can get converted to Aurum. Aurum conversion will not take place until June 26th, the official launch date.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    What do I use bonus points for? I don't see anything I Can spend them on.

Nevermind

Stragint on

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

I found this out after doing my transfer. Major bummer, but my fault for not reading I guess. This whole game slipped under my radar, so when I saw new Thread, I just transferred without doing any research :(

I emailed customer support to see if they help idiots but I have a feeling I just threw away a bunch of bonus points I could have spent on stuff that would transfer over.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I like the extra tutorial they added before the Tokyo Subway tutorial mission. Nice touch to introduce people to some different mission types.

(I've never seen so many people in London)

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Oh, I was wondering how that worked. So when you have two weapons of the same quality and type and are at max levels, you can smash them together to increase the quality. Green to blue, blue to purple, etc.

Green weapons are maxed at 20, blues at 25, purps at 30, etc.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I am seeing a lot of names that I recognize from TSW in general. This is gonna be pretty fun. Just wish I had time to play tonight, gotta be at work at 5:30am.

• Options
    Anyone who would like me to add their character's name to the OP, just @ me with the relevant info.

• Options
    @darkprimus I managed to shorten my nick to Itachi this time.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have any recommendations on what to spend 6000 bonus points on before transferring? I was going to get the franken-chopper, but that doesn't transfer over (you get a "speed demon bike" instead, but I don't know how good that is/looks).

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @DarkPrimus not sure how often I'll be on, but my name on there is RoadVirus

• Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations on what to spend 6000 bonus points on before transferring? I was going to get the franken-chopper, but that doesn't transfer over (you get a "speed demon bike" instead, but I don't know how good that is/looks).

Here's what the Speed Demon looks like. I think it's pretty cool.

gjt7avxhnh1y.png

Otherwise, I would suggest you spend your points, and your PAX, on clothing, as almost anything one character in TSW has will transfer and be accessible to all SWL characters of that gender made.

So you might even make sure you have a character of each gender made in order to guarantee you've got stuff for both genders.

• Options
    @DarkPrimus my IGN is Stragint

• Options
    edited June 2017
    DarkPrimus my IGN is Stragint
    DarkPrimus not sure how often I'll be on, but my name on there is RoadVirus
    darkprimus I managed to shorten my nick to Itachi this time.

What are your character's first and last name?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I'm really really bad at names so I went super corny. Redacted "Stragint" Redacted

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    As someone who kept losing interest at various times during Kingsmouth, I can appreciate that they've streamlined a lot of things, including the quest progression. For example, after finishing the first main quest you get from Andy, I wanted to head over to the church for some easy side quests (to complete the daily challenges, which is another nice thing although iirc, they added that at the tail end of TSW?) but found out that they were still out of my level range and the game wanted me to head towards Norma. That's awesome! I remember taking forever to actually get around to Norma my first time around.

@DarkPrimus my character is Felicia 'Zettie' Arashi

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Erin Ashe

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    @DarkPrimus
    Random "Randomella" Harris

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @DarkPrimus
    Stephanie "Pixy" Winters

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?