As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Secret World Legends] - TTRPG Kickstarter huge success - Winter is coming

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I have some of the deck outfits but not all of them

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Some of the starter decks are now tied to individual weapons I believe. When you unlock a weapon, you unlock a starter outfit. If you link your accounts, it unlocks all of the weapons, so you get all of the starter outfits that are availible.

Some faction decks are also tied to individual weapons given you max them out, but they aren't faction specific. Like I'm working towards the cabalist outfit for mastering chaos. But its the old Templar Warlock outfit. However since I'm a Dragon, instead of Templar colors its in Dragon colors and looks awesome as fuck.

I don't know if ALL of the faction decks are in though. I do know that I have some of the factions decks I unlocked in TSW unlocked on SWL, but not all of them, so maybe the unlocked ones are the ones that didn't get tied to SWL achievements.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Main reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if the Lumie deck Grifter's outfit is in SWL. And if it is, how do you get it.
    Grifter.png

If it's tied to having the deck unlocked in TSW, well then I gotta go do that. ^^;

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I'll check when I get home.

edit: It's definitely not one of the outfits you get for achievements, so IF its unlockable at all, it would have to be through transfer.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    It's a faction uniform, so it doesn't transfer. Currently there's no way to get that one. The old deck uniforms are being awarded, in faction color, for gaining mastery in each weapon.

Presumably it will be given out with a future weapon addition. The uniforms have also been broken down into individual pieces now instead of whole uniforms.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    So when do we get those Shadow-bound weapons? I want those revenants.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Unless that Revenant does a huge amount of damage, I think I may actually end up sticking with normal weapons

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    The current theory is we don't get them till July first.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Unless that Revenant does a huge amount of damage, I think I may actually end up sticking with normal weapons

That's why I was hoping that we'd get them sooner. I want to get them while the effect is still useful.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Now that I think about it, I do hope that all the aux weapons get added in with their own skills and whatnot.

Because I want to totally main chainsaws & flamethrowers.

EDIT: And yeah, Blue Mountain totally is the place where you want to start thinking about having a way to heal or wipe debuffs off you. Things actually start to hurt if you're just running damage talismans.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Just about to pop into blue mountain now... level 30

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Blue Mountain was always a real fuckfest

Egypt's first zone was easier than Blue Mountain

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Blue Mountain was always a real fuckfest

Egypt's first zone was easier than Blue Mountain

There's a lot of whining in some corners about the forced level gating to progress in the story, and to all their claims that it's not necessary, I direct them to all the people that fucking gave up on TSW when they ran into the Blue Mountain Roadblock.

Now, I ain't gonna say it's not impossible for someone to still have a really bad time there by having screwed up their build and gear somehow. But it's going to be a real rare occurrence, now.

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Now, I ain't gonna say it's not impossible for someone to still have a really bad time there by having screwed up their build and gear somehow. But it's going to be a real rare occurrence, now.

Hold my beer.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Ok, the launcher finally installed the game.

Now I have to wait for work to end before I can play it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I do appreciate that there's a roadblock on Dawning of an Endless Night where you have to slot the glyph you just got into a blue-quality weapon. So it actually forces you to actually interact with the weapon upgrading system so you have decent enough gear to continue.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I just finished my first run of Polaris. It went pretty smoothly. People only seriously took damage when they stood in the fire. I got a belt for tanks....when I'm looking for healing/DPS gear.

My current healing build is flawed because it presently only has rifle heals, so I can't heal people without a target to shoot. A few more AP and I can fix that, but I had other priorities up until now for my soloing.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    I don't know why but I always find the notion of shooting people with health bullets to be hilarious

It amused me greatly in SWTOR where the dude with the minigun was a healer too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't shoot my allies with the bullets. I shoot the baddies with the bullets. Then the allies get healed...because...reasons. Bees I guess.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I do appreciate that there's a roadblock on Dawning of an Endless Night where you have to slot the glyph you just got into a blue-quality weapon. So it actually forces you to actually interact with the weapon upgrading system so you have decent enough gear to continue.

I'm gonna get blocked here because I refuse to upgrade a weapon that isn't 3* btw

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

I'm gonna get blocked here because I refuse to upgrade a weapon that isn't 3* btw

If you ever find a 3* weapon you can upgrade it and then when you fuse it with your other weapon... boom, upgraded 3*!

• Options
    Yeah, I think the level makes vastly more power than the stars.

Like, my pistols right now are 875 weapon power. Versus, what... a level 20 green weapon is only like 370ish?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I think the level makes vastly more power than the stars.

Like, my pistols right now are 875 weapon power. Versus, what... a level 20 green weapon is only like 370ish?

Stars matter even more for weapons because the ability on the weapon increases in power drastically with higher quality

• Options
    An agarthan cache that I opened gave me blue claws with a different model than the claws that I found lying around...I don't use claw weapons though.

Now my kingdom for a different rifle skin. The default long-barreled M16 with large optic mounted on the carry handle is my least favorite rifle skin by far.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I don't shoot my allies with the bullets. I shoot the baddies with the bullets. Then the allies get healed...because...reasons. Bees I guess.

The way I headcanon'd this was that you shoot "bullets" made of anima. The anima you "liberate" by dealing damage to your offensive target, you use to heal your defensive target.

• Options
    It's magic. We don't gotta explain shit.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    So I did the transfer on my account, finished the tutorial bit...and have none of my items or sprints. Is it just glitchy at the moment or should I put in a support thing?

• Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    Once you get to Agartha you should be able to open up your inbox and click a button to receive whatever it transferred.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Maclay wrote: »
    Once you get to Agartha you should be able to open up your inbox and click a button to receive whatever it transferred.

Took two relogs then i got the "Claim tsw vanity items" button in the delivered items tab, cheers.

So far I'm...really not seeing the necessity of this reboot. I'm already dreading getting tokyo certification and doing Egypt again.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Underegypt remains one of my favourite zones. Over Egypt... Not so much.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    An agarthan cache that I opened gave me blue claws with a different model than the claws that I found lying around...I don't use claw weapons though.

Now my kingdom for a different rifle skin. The default long-barreled M16 with large optic mounted on the carry handle is my least favorite rifle skin by far.

I'd kill for an actual sword model instead of a katana. I'm a templar, dammit, not a samurai. :evil:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Yeah, extra models should be really easy, given the assets are there already. What do the weapons from dungeons look like?

There honestly needs to be a way to either a) select some weapons via quest rewards, like an investigation or big main story mission, or a system to buy the weapon you want.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    I'll let you know if I ever manage to get one to drop...

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I am enjoying the hell out of the reboot, though. Has helped a lot to make it fresh. Sad there's no specific synergy across weapons, though. Looks like Elementalism has some nice general resistance debuffs that aren't keyed to subsequent elemental attacks, so maybe that's a good DPS secondary. I like the way Flicker becomes a repeatable AoE STUN with the passive that goes with it, mind.

Also, Chaos Secondary gives you access to an amazing heal in Rewind.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Ok, so can we start making deals? Here's how I see current loot pools...I can't find what I want, I need to open more bags. I can't farm bags fast enough to get what I want. So I'm willing to deal if you are. I'm looking for 3 star weapons. Chaos, and pistols. I will start holding 3 star items for anyone who asks, you may have them for the low low price of a 1 star any weapon so I can shove it somewhere.

I currently have none, just wanted to see if anyone wanted to get in on this...I have seen 3 star rifles 3 times, I now regret using them as fodder.

Feesa is my char. Non-patron

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    I started saving 2*+ items in case I ever wanted to use them. My inner hoarder was not happy until that point (also saving those upgrade things from the dailies).

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    texasheat wrote: »
    Ok, so can we start making deals? Here's how I see current loot pools...I can't find what I want, I need to open more bags. I can't farm bags fast enough to get what I want. So I'm willing to deal if you are. I'm looking for 3 star weapons. Chaos, and pistols. I will start holding 3 star items for anyone who asks, you may have them for the low low price of a 1 star any weapon so I can shove it somewhere.

I currently have none, just wanted to see if anyone wanted to get in on this...I have seen 3 star rifles 3 times, I now regret using them as fodder.

Feesa is my char. Non-patron

Are the auction house and mailbox system back yet? Can't trade without those.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    So I have a blue level 20 Pistol, 2 star with a gold desert eagle skin, my shotgun is a blue futuristic skin one star. I have a blue 3 star shotgun that i will be leveling up. Head slot is level 20 green, currently leveling another head slot to 20 so I can fuse them. Belt slot is blue level 17, Necklace is blue level 25 that I got from Polaris.

Anything under three stars now gets merged into whatever i am trying to level unless it is capped, then I start on another green so I can use it as fuse bait later.

Pistols is almost fully unlocked just need the AP for the capstone.

While I am enjoying the combat I miss cross weapon passives and this game really doesn't push trying new weapons now. I have a nice blue two star Chaos focus with a different skin that I will likely use, and I have a 3 star Blood Focus that I am leveling but I am not sure when I will ever try those trees out the way things are going atm.

Not sure if they shot themselves in the foot or not in regards to how they setup the skill trees.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    At what level do the other talismans unlock?

On gadgets, I have a single target pull, a sentry gun, a stun, and an aggro dump.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Kay wrote: »
    At what level do the other talismans unlock?

On gadgets, I have a single target pull, a sentry gun, a stun, and an aggro dump.

I have an AOE HOT that I use on my gadget.. I forget what the other ones are.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041