As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Secret World Legends] - TTRPG Kickstarter huge success - Winter is coming

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Shoot, pistols work great even as a secondary for dps. All you need is six line and that one passive and you can guarantee a red match every 20 seconds. Kinda silly.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    This game is starting to become immensely frustrating. I'm finally done with Egypt and now I am in the Orochi tower trying to get some info and no matter what I do on the third floor there is security at the key cards.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    This game is starting to become immensely frustrating. I'm finally done with Egypt and now I am in the Orochi tower trying to get some info and no matter what I do on the third floor there is security at the key cards.

Are you Illuminati or Dragon? (Both of them have an Orochi facility mission between Egypt and Transylvania.)

For Illuminati, consult this guide. For Dragon, consult this guide. Both of the missions can get frustrating.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I can't remember all the stages of that quest, but I do remember that at one point, you need to put hairspray in a microwave.

It may be spraypaint.. or some other aerosol can, just whichever, the results are predictable.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    From what I'm reading on reddit, a lot of people are still having trouble managing rifle grenades. If anyone here is having trouble managing their cooking timer, here's a tip.

The channeled attacks like pistol's unload or blood magic's maleficium are already pretty popular for their energy efficiency, but they're also superbly useful for easily weaving cooked grenades into your rotations.

The rotation looks like this for most rifles:
    Burst fire > unload > grenade > repeat

The timeline works out like this. You blast away until you proc a grenade. That immediately starts your cooking timer. During burst fire's global cool down, you queue up unload. Unload attacks for 2.5 seconds, and during that time you queue up a grenade attack. By the time unload finishes channeling, 3.5 seconds have elapsed since you procced a grenade. This way you can fire off cooked grenades without looking at the timer or even thinking about it. Just queue up a channeled attack immediately after you see a grenade proc and then queue the grenade attack during the channeled attack.

If you're using the ksr-43 for instantly cooked grenades, the concern is making sure that you don't accidentally proc a second grenade before your grenade attacks come off of their shared 4 second cool down. Since you only have 3 seconds before the grenade detonates when using the ksr-43, you can find yourself in quite a pickle if you carelessly use a grenade generating ability immediately after discharging a grenade.

In this case, the rotation is : burst fire > grenade > unload > repeat

Walking through that timeline looks like this. Using the grenade kicks off a global cool down and starts the 4 second grenade cool down. Unload channels for 2.5 seconds. This means that a total of 3.5 seconds elapse before your next burst fire and the opportunity to proc a new grenade. By the time that burst fire's global cool down expires, a total of 4.5 seconds have elapsed since you last discharged a grenade and you're good to go to immediately discharge a second grenade.

Truthfully using ANY non-generating attack after a grenade will give you enough breathing room to avoid the threat of an unusable grenade with the ksr-43, but it's as good a time as any to squeeze a channeled attack into your rotation for energy management and it helps keep your rotation routine enough to avoid any awkward pauses in your actions as you await your grenades to come off cool down.

I hope that this helps some people get comfortable enough with grenades to really take advantage of these powerful abilities and maybe even take off the training wheels of the Explosives Expert passive.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Ugh, I wanna find the asshole who decided you should have to run through lairs to complete map exploration and punch em.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    "Hello, friend."

21xctfpqvpyk.jpg

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    IS there a way to save/load custom decks in legends?

• Options
    edited July 2017
    They don't have a gui for it, but you can save gear/ability loadouts with /gearmanager

/gearmanager save NAME
    /gearmanager use NAME
    /gearmanager delete NAME
    /gearmanager list

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    So, in Cabal chat, I've been defending the City of the Sun God... Now that I'm most of the way through it, I need to reconsider my stance. I still love the Sentinel family. A lot. But they can't carry the story in there all by themselves (though there's also Amir, I guess). More NPC variety really would've helped keep the zone engaging... A few other Marya could've worked, since one of the breadcrumb quests that gets you there is in pursuit of an injured member of that group, and seeing characters who can speak discover the Lost City at the same time you do would—I think—have been gratifying. Maybe a surviving Orochi presence?

I guess the Scorched Desert has both of those those groups represented already, and their effectiveness would be limited in light of them just being "more of the same". I'm still convinced that giving the Sentinels a few more outsiders to interact with would've helped the place feel like less of a slog.

Sneaks on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I can see where you're coming from, but I liked the atmosphere.

At least to me, the zone feels like a place out of time. Everything is quiet, human excursions into the zone are short lived at best, even the sun isn't right. The place is gripped by perpetual twilight. To me, it felt like the whole zone was an extension of the tomb. A sleeping evil contained by the perpetual vigil of the the Sentinels within this timeless pocket of the world.

Imo the feel of zone was appropriate, but it just lasts too long and wears out its welcome.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    It's nice to go back to City of the Sun God and do missions at your leisure. But traveling through it for the storyline was kind of a pain. I'm glad they added the fast-teleports for the storyline... but i wish they would have placed them in such a way that you could avoid them to unlock anima wells that are nearby, but blocked by the teleports...

• Options
    That one teleport pad that is directly in front of a lore square.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I'm missing one mission from the Savage Coast, and it's really annoying. I can't find it on the map.

'The Man in the Ebony Tower'. Anyone point me where it starts?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    I'm missing one mission from the Savage Coast, and it's really annoying. I can't find it on the map.

If I remember correctly, somewhere around the lighthouse. I think... maybe up that one hill where the cars are parked at that lookout?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »

If I remember correctly, somewhere around the lighthouse. I think... maybe up that one hill where the cars are parked at that lookout?

I was up there earlier, and didn't see anything. Turns out an enemy spawns, you kill the enemy, and the mission drops. Urrrrgh. I now have my scarecrow gear.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Well I just started trying to heal elite dungeons. It was harder to notice before because of how easy the story dungeons were, but the increase in lethality just really drives home how absolutely atrocious the healing interface in this new combat system is.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    polite reminder that the dragon are the worst faction

templar are the way to go if you want to be a 'good' guy and Sonnac owns, illuminati has some of the best mission complete text and you get to dress sharp

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    polite reminder that the dragon are the worst faction

templar are the way to go if you want to be a 'good' guy and Sonnac owns, illuminati has some of the best mission complete text and you get to dress sharp

Illuminati also have Kirsten Geary.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meY9LfAO1J0

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    My Lumie (reroll of my TSW character, who I never got past the start of Egypt) is now 50, but - Bees help me - I'm considering also making a Templar. For Reasons.

One is that I've just about given up on trying to do all the missions with her; for an Illuminati PC, half of the debriefs are KG, above, asking why you're wasting your time with this? Better, perhaps, to leave those tasks to... not a hero exactly, but one who will do them because they need doing. My first character can focus on priorities, just the story missions and others she'd actually do, and not having to make up flimsy justifications to her boss.

There's also the allure of getting to interact with another set of personalities at home base, including the dry wit of Sonnac, who a friend of mine talks up at every opportunity; and being able to start immediately with another set of powers, rather than expanding gradually into them from the ones I have now. Also, the exciting possibilities of men's fashion.

Now I just have to decide whether all of the above is worth having to slog through Egypt again. (And grind up another set of greens to blues, blues to purples, etc etc.)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Sonnac is pretty great.

As far as the lumie debrief and the "why are you wasting your time with this" bit, the Templar debriefs can be similar but they're more along the lines "what you've done for these people is commendable, but it is important to keep the big picture in mind. We don't have the resources to save everyone from a threat this great. Triage is regrettably a necessity. "

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I just saw a trailer for Stranger Things 2 and it made me think of Secret World and that series on Scyfy called Channel Zero and makes me want a Secret World series. I don't know if it would actually be good but it could be and I want to see it.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Fuck the haters, Dragon is awesome. None of this triage or self important bullshit, just 'good job, more data for our models' or 'these people are/were smart/dumb, here's why' with a sprinkling of 'yo fuck this filth shit, for real. make it die pls.' They do have the worst uniforms though.

• Options
    All according to keikaku

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    The Dragon are a nice faction to choose for one's second or third playthrough, as you have knowledge of the secret world to utilize in comprehending the metaphors and roundabout ways they talk about various things. Unlike the Templars or Illuminati, the Dragon don't mind telling you stuff even if you won't understand the significance, because your comprehension is irrelevant.

• Options
    The ground's about to catch on fire? Run towards more fire. Never change pubs. Never change.

Communion with the Sacrament passive is REALLY good when salvaging this sort of situation.

https://youtu.be/oMCByT1Pvv0

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I just saw a trailer for Stranger Things 2 and it made me think of Secret World and that series on Scyfy called Channel Zero and makes me want a Secret World series. I don't know if it would actually be good but it could be and I want to see it.

"The Third Age ended under tentacular skies."

• Options
    Does anyone know which achievement unlocks the gold tophat?

I want my hat back.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Does anyone know which achievement unlocks the gold tophat?

I want my hat back.

It came from one of the Anniversary/Guardians of Gaia achievements. Not sure when those are making a return, but if you had it earned in TSW and linked your account properly, you should still have access to the hat.

• Options
    Oh I see the problem now. It's that stupid thing where identical items don't share being unlocked between male/female characters.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Oh I see the problem now. It's that stupid thing where identical items don't share being unlocked between male/female characters.

Because from a programming perspective, they aren't identical items.

• Options
    They still could have unlocked the counterpart for the other gender. It's not like it was a separate achievement for them.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Yeah Egypt has me stumped. I havn't logged in for ages now after hitting it.

I might end up starting a dragon character, just to see if that's enough of a change to get me through that.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Options
    I mean, all that changes is the after mission text. And those rank up phone calls are in korean with no subtitles.

• Options
    The curse of Egypt lives on!

I have played a lot less with Fortnite coming out but I'm still super excited about rolling through Transylvania.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    So I've finished up through Mortal Sins.
    Are The Eight are basically the Ogdru Jahad with a British accent?

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    I mean, all that changes is the after mission text. And those rank up phone calls are in korean with no subtitles.

Well yeah, and the story cut scenes. It's not much I know, but I hate Egypt. It sucks and I'm beginning to doubt I'll ever get another character through it.

• Options
    Just rush through the story missions and it will be over in a few evenings at most.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Geez, I thought the jump from green to blue was bad. 2500xp per level at purple, and you get 5 more levels to chew through. Plus enhancing costs an extra 200 shards. I'm not entirely sure I can manage the endgame grind this game is asking me to. Which kinda sucks, since I like the world they've built.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Geez, I thought the jump from green to blue was bad. 2500xp per level at purple, and you get 5 more levels to chew through. Plus enhancing costs an extra 200 shards. I'm not entirely sure I can manage the endgame grind this game is asking me to. Which kinda sucks, since I like the world they've built.

Purples aren't that bad if you like running dungeons. let me tell you about Mythics...

steam_sig.png