[Secret World Legends] - TTRPG Kickstarter huge success - Winter is coming

1313233343537»

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Stragint wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The only thing I'm not into with this Secret World RPG is the print on demand stuff. Seems kind of weird.

POD via DriveThruRPG is the go-to option for small indie devs who don't have the resources to commission large print runs of books and have the property and logistics to store and distribute those print runs over ??? period of time.

Yea, that makes sense. Still just feels weird to pledge and then need to pay a separate company to print it.

Did they say when they expect to have this all available? I know it ends November 3rd but I didn't see anything in the FAQ for when they expect to have the book ready.

Backers for physical tiers are going to receive codes to print the books AT COST, which I realize isn't no additional cost but ends up being more efficient from the developer's end.

As far as for when it's available, the estimated delivery times for the tiers are listed as October 2023 so that's the target goal as far as I can tell, and being POD I would assume that once the PDFs are available the ability to order the POD physical products will also be active.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    The only thing I'm not into with this Secret World RPG is the print on demand stuff. Seems kind of weird.

POD via DriveThruRPG is the go-to option for small indie devs who don't have the resources to commission large print runs of books and have the property and logistics to store and distribute those print runs over ??? period of time.

Yea, that makes sense. Still just feels weird to pledge and then need to pay a separate company to print it.

Did they say when they expect to have this all available? I know it ends November 3rd but I didn't see anything in the FAQ for when they expect to have the book ready.

Backers for physical tiers are going to receive codes to print the books AT COST, which I realize isn't no additional cost but ends up being more efficient from the developer's end.

As far as for when it's available, the estimated delivery times for the tiers are listed as October 2023 so that's the target goal as far as I can tell, and being POD I would assume that once the PDFs are available the ability to order the POD physical products will also be active.

Oh, I completely missed the estimated delivery date when I was doing my pledge, thank you!

I ended up doing the $100 pledge and the $60 collector edition cover for the book.

This is somewhat gotten me interested in finally finishing Tokyo which I've been putting off for a long time.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    There was an interview with the lead developer and Joshua Doetsch last night by some Secret Worlders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiggF6XeSWw

Something made clear is that unlike a lot of TTRPG Kickstarters that are essentially glorified pre-order campaigns, this Kickstarter was to secure the funds needed to do the actual development and production of the game. They are still extremely early in development so they didn't have a ton of rules to share on-stream, but they did mention that everything they're doing has to go back to Funcom for approval that it lines up with the lore, even though the game itself will not be considered "canon" to the video game (not that anyone's home game of this was going to be canon anyway).

• Options
    The TTRPG Kickstarter campaign wrapped up the other day just shy of $155k raised. And now, we wait...