As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] let Luigi dab

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Well, we'll see, but Boss Brass isn't really any more powerful than other characters, he's just controlled by pretty decent AI. I expect him to play more or less like he is in the Grand Prix

Now if we got Hedlok I would expect some player nerfing

Hedlock will require 2 players to use mark my words

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    im pretty sure boss brass also has springman's shockwave thing too

i dont think they'd introduce him as is because that would render a lot of the cast obsolete due to having everyones everything (which is probably the point being the boss character) on top of unique traits

also his ai is pretty exploitable because he will always want to jump out of the outer ring of his stage regardless of the situation if he gets knocked in there, but beating fighting game AI isn't really anything to be impressed by. when grinding cash for more attempts at the unlock game I find him/hedlok to be a victory lap compared to the rest

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    The new one seems good but its unlock system for pokes seems bad

I actually really like Super Mystery Dungeon's system because it guarantees you'll always get a bunch of cool pokes instead of it being the luck of the draw.

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Yeah but I have to play a starter!!!

I dont wanna be a starter!!!1

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Max Brass does have the disadvantage that hitting his charged arms explodes them causing him damage.

If I had my druthers I'd want this guy as a DLC fighter:

41RzrL%2BoObL._SY400_.jpg

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The hell is Hedlok

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The hell is Hedlok

Beat Grand Prix on level 4 and you'll find out

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The hell is Hedlok

The guy with 6 arms who randomly appears in party mode as a co-op battle.
    he also appears in grand prix at level 4 and beyond. His name is hedlok because hes a floating head who latches onto other fighters heads (head-lock, get it?) and takes control of them.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I tied my opponent in the hit-the-targets mode.

Wasn't expecting that!

Partly because it seems hard to tie, partly because I was several hundred points ahead for most of it

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I cant see Twintalle saying y'nasty but now I also cant not see it.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    That Helix sounds like Teddy from Bob's Burgers

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Max Brass does have the disadvantage that hitting his charged arms explodes them causing him damage.

I dont think thats him specifically. one of his unique arms for that fight is a grenade (at least I think its unique? I'm pretty sure players dont have access to that one) and this happens to all explosive based arms (such as the homing missile ones) when you knock them out of the air including ones player can use

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    It was bugging me for a while but I finally realized the other day that the music during the lines "Odyssey, ya see" in Jump Up, Super Star is the Donkey Kong arcade game theme

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    So, I haven't seen anyone mention this, but it seems too obvious - do we think that Luffy might be DLC for arms? Is that impossible?

sig.gif
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Yes

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh my god this last case in Spirit of Justice just KEEPS GOING

• Options
    The level 7 AI in ARMS seems to do the thing where their reaction is just way faster than you'd think

Outpredicting a computer is... hard

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    So, I haven't seen anyone mention this, but it seems too obvious - do we think that Luffy might be DLC for arms? Is that impossible?

#whereslankykong

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I dont think thats him specifically. one of his unique arms for that fight is a grenade (at least I think its unique? I'm pretty sure players dont have access to that one) and this happens to all explosive based arms (such as the homing missile ones) when you knock them out of the air including ones player can use

I'm aware that the others do it, doesn't change the fact that it's a disadvantage he has.

Actually the homing missiles (when charged) explode when they hit the ground no matter what. It's possible to miss with it then have your opponent accidentally get caught in the blast afterwards.

Random tip for the hell of it: when fighting AI they will almost always hold block if a bombs going off near them. Trigger the bomb.. wait until just before it explodes.. then throw a grab. You will either get a free throw in or they'll react by dropping their block to move.. which will cause them to get hit by the bomb. Either way you win.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Max Brass should be the final boss in the next Punch-Out

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I'm aware that the others do it, doesn't change the fact that it's a disadvantage he has.

Actually the homing missiles (when charged) explode when they hit the ground no matter what. It's possible to miss with it then have your opponent accidentally get caught in the blast afterwards.

Random tip for the hell of it: when fighting AI they will almost always hold block if a bombs going off near them. Trigger the bomb.. wait until just before it explodes.. then throw a grab. You will either get a free throw in or they'll react by dropping their block to move.. which will cause them to get hit by the bomb. Either way you win.

we were only talking about him in the first place re: translating to being playable

which is why I was noting that as just a drawback of that particular boss fight weapon/similar and not somehow related to his character as this isn't a relevant detail for player brass not using explosive based weapons

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I respect Nintendo for doing a new series but sometimes I wish Arms was just the new form for Punch-Out

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

we were only talking about him in the first place re: translating to being playable

which is why I was noting that as just a drawback of that particular boss fight weapon/similar and not somehow related to his character as this isn't a relevant detail for player brass not using explosive based weapons

I'm like 99.9% sure his charge ability is what causes the explosion, not the arms hes using. Hedlok uses the same ability right? I'm stuck on a lvl7 battle with hedlok right now so I can't run and confirm real quick but I have confirmed that this is the case with hedlok.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    they showed playable brass in a demonstration live during e3

- charging buffs him up making him resistant to knockdowns like mummy temporarily

- spring man's 25% hp bonus/deflect

were the specifically stated abilities he has for player version, anything else that might be going on (such as his temp damage reduction) should be boss only which was the original point of the prior discussion anyways

and when I was in there earlier today he rolled grenade/shadow glove thing and one of those routinely exploded and the other did not

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I think there's two different explosions? The grenade and the charge he's giving off.

Edit: who knows maybe we will get those arms when the character releases.

Edit edit: in order to get back to max brass I'm fighting through lvl 1 grand prix using two dragon arms. I have to say, this is quite fun. They should make this into a game mode.

Edit edit edit: min min is pissed that I'm kicking her ass on ramen bowl using dragon arms. I've never seen a level 1 AI fight so hard before.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    we are supposed to get nade and scorcher with the brass dlc as far as I'm aware

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Ok got back to Max Brass. it's definitely the charge that's causing the explosion. The explosions happen even with arms that arent the grenade and if you hit the grenade without it being charged nothing happens.

Edit: explosion might not be the right word to use, it's sort of a burst of energy that knocks him back a lil.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I respect Nintendo for doing a new series but sometimes I wish Arms was just the new form for Punch-Out

Little Mac as a guest character?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    I may be reading things incorrectly but is the electric stun by far the best status effect or am I missing something? Chill is fine because it makes human opponents panic, but the shock straight-up sets them up for a throw 100% of the time so long as your reaction is quick.

I'm also finding that my Twintelle's got 2 problems online: 1. Her ability to slow down and dance around enemy attacks is affected by lag, because whoops those punches have been out way longer than you thought and maybe your slowdown never activated, and 2. That bird seems real unreliable when playing online

On the plus side I'm getting lots of arms. That's cool. That last round I got 15 new ARMS! Only.... 2 of them were for Twintelle, who I was playing as. Wonder what the odds look like behind this thing.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    the bird arms seem real bad but maybe thats just me. I can't hit the broadside of a barn with them ever

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So Nintendo has said their plan for the Switch is at least one major game per month to sort of string people along from thing to thing, and I was curious if that actually tracks with the calendar

March - Zelda
    April - Mario Kart
    May - Minecraft? (they cited this one themselves)
    June - ARMS
    July - Splatoon 2
    August - Mario + Rabbids
    September - ????? (I guess either NBA 2K18 or FIFA 18?)
    October - Super Mario Odyssey
    November - Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2? (The literal only Switch game coming that month currently)
    December - ???? (no games announced)

September seems like primetime for something like Stardew Valley to hit

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    December is xenoblade

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    september is fire emblem musou in japan

think it's a more vague "fall" here

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I really do wonder if they'll actually hit that Winter 2017 date for Xenoblade 2. Considering they don't have a big game for Nov/Dec yet, I could see that being a mid-December release like X was two years ago.

Also September is probably Fire Emblem Warriors, if I had to guess.

• Options
    I"ll believe xenoblade 2 is coming out in 2017 when its in my hands

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    So Nintendo has said their plan for the Switch is at least one major game per month to sort of string people along from thing to thing, and I was curious if that actually tracks with the calendar

March - Zelda
    April - Mario Kart
    May - Minecraft? (they cited this one themselves)
    June - ARMS
    July - Splatoon 2
    August - Mario + Rabbids
    September - ????? (I guess either NBA 2K18 or FIFA 18?)
    October - Super Mario Odyssey
    November - Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2? (The literal only Switch game coming that month currently)
    December - ???? (no games announced)

September seems like primetime for something like Stardew Valley to hit

Isn't September Pokken?

And Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces are both hitting this fall, I think the former in August?

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, Pokken is late September, but that's not a new game like the rest.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, Pokken is late September, but that's not a new game like the rest.
    It will be new for the majority of Switch owners, I imagine

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Fair point.

They really did balls up the Wii U in every regard.

This discussion has been closed.