As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wolfenstein] Play it on Easy, pick Wyatt

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The story is really good

The gameplay is really good too, aside from the not knowing you're taking damage unless you watch your health meter problem

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I would say the gameplay is the weakest part of this game, actually

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    As someone who liked the gameplay before it feels worse here for reasons I can't quite articulate

I also wish there was a ng+

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I really clicked with the gameplay in the New Order, to a degree few others did, so I'm curious to see how it works for me in this new game

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    As someone who liked the gameplay before it feels worse here for reasons I can't quite articulate

I also wish there was a ng+

The game sucks at letting you know when you're taking damage, so it's super easy to wind-up dying suddenly and having no idea why, often feeling like you died in one or two hits. (When in reality you had taken a bunch of damage during the fight that you didn't notice)

Also the game seem markedly harder.

I think there might be a new game + but i have to test it out real quick.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Bring it on feels pretty good by the time you get endgamr upgrades and I'd be willing to try mein leben on it

Doing mein leben raw feels impossible

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Just tried it out, starting a new game in an existing slot does not carry over your perks and unlockables. Playing through the game a second time with all the perks unlocked was a thing I really liked about the first game; shame they didn't carry it over.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Gameplay wise, the game really did feel like a very small step backwards from the first. The health issue we've already talked about to death, but also it felt much more difficult to try to stealth this time around and was fairly frustrating because of that.

But the story is so good that I really don't give a fuck.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I wonder if there's any chance of them patching in, or someone modding in, good hit detection markers because honestly that just sounds really annoying to play and has put me off of getting the game.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Ugh, so because spreading Nazi symbols is illegal in Germany games that take place in ww2 almost always get self censored by the publishers because nobody wants to risk running afoul of that law even though they would probably be exempt anyway because there are exceptions for the arts.

With Wolfenstein they preemptively even went so far to not only remove the swastikas but they also removed Hitler's mustache, renamed him and worst of all they totally removed any reference to yewish people. They are now just political prisoners who happen to die in prison. What a shitty thing.

Video games aren't protected artistically in Germany due to a '90's era ruling.

Germany literally had the "are games art?" conversation in the court of law and games lost.

There are a bunch of cases that treated games as art since but those cases didn't overlap with Nazi symbolism while that single case's ruling didn't even consider that games might be art and is often considered as as not being a correct ruling. But as long as noone challenges it with a new case we're stuck. They'd probably have good chances as precedent isn't as important in German law as it is in the Anglo American system.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I really clicked with the gameplay in the New Order, to a degree few others did, so I'm curious to see how it works for me in this new game

If you liked the combat in the first game, you'll like it here

It's very similar with a bit more smoothness in setting up your weapons, and you get to keep guns between levels

I just didn't dig the gunplay very much in TNO, and rarely found it overwhelmingly fun here since it was very similar. I mostly viewed it as a challenge to complete and earn sweet, sweet content, as I ran around to comb through every corner of the levels for notes and newspapers and whatever.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    The gameplay overall is not as good as TNO, but it's not bad.

I actually like the stealth a bit more. It's harder, sure, but it feels more authentic.

RT800 on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    This game was good but god is it hard to tell you are taking damage

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    The Iron Crosses and swastikas on the weapons is getting old

Also, it's tricky trying to charge into Nazis and make them explode

I'm still trying to get into New Orleans

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I didn’t even notice the swastikas on the weapons until I was 90% through the game.

• Options
    Holy shit

After New Orleans

• Options
    TravanTravan Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I didn’t even notice the swastikas on the weapons until I was 90% through the game.
    You'd think BJ would take the time to scrape it off the smg while putting in whatever makes it shoot fire bullets

Travan on
    Gamertag- Travan7838

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    This game combat would of been good if Doom 2016 didn't came out and told the world how a FPS should be.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    This game combat would of been good if Doom 2016 didn't came out and told the world how a FPS should be.

I haven't played Wolfenstein 2 yet, but after the first game came out people were praising it as like, a return to the shooters of old. I got it for cheap and played through it and the gameplay kind of bummed me out. It really rewarded taking cover and running away more then running and gunning like I'd hoped.

Then Doom came out and it was just like, THIS IS IT, THIS IS WHAT I WANTED

That being said I still really want to play 2 because the character stuff and the acting and the music in the first game was so fucking good. I replayed the game recently right after beating Evil Within 2 and it just made the acting and voicework seem that much better.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    TravanTravan Registered User regular
    Also does the droning BGM in a lot of cutscenes bother anyone else

One of the impressive things from the E3 trailer was how well the dialogue stood on its own

It just feels out of place in a couple of scenes

Gamertag- Travan7838

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »

I haven't played Wolfenstein 2 yet, but after the first game came out people were praising it as like, a return to the shooters of old. I got it for cheap and played through it and the gameplay kind of bummed me out. It really rewarded taking cover and running away more then running and gunning like I'd hoped.

That being said I still really want to play 2 because the character stuff and the acting and the music in the first game was so fucking good. I replayed the game recently right after beating Evil Within 2 and it just made the acting and voicework seem that much better.

This game is a lot more run and gun than the first. You run faster, and enemies generally do more damage but die faster, so a lot of sections are all about just darting around and killing things before they kill you. Trying to turtle usually ends up going bad.

• Options
    Travan wrote: »
    Also does the droning BGM in a lot of cutscenes bother anyone else

One of the impressive things from the E3 trailer was how well the dialogue stood on its own

It just feels out of place in a couple of scenes

Yeah there were a couple of light hearted scenes that I didnt realise were supposed to be funny at first, because the music was still so earnest and dire sounding.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    DeMoN wrote: »

This game is a lot more run and gun than the first. You run faster, and enemies generally do more damage but die faster, so a lot of sections are all about just darting around and killing things before they kill you. Trying to turtle usually ends up going bad.

That does sound pretty appealing. And yeah I've heard about the increased difficulty, I'll just put it on easy if it's too rough.

Definitely going to wait to see if it's on sale for black friday. New game prices in Canada are rough.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    This game is a lot more fun if you turn the difficulty down when you're struggling

And forget to turn it back up

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I'm enjoying The New Order, but I kinda feel like there's no point after he wakes up and finds out what happened to him? I mean, how do you "win" against that.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying The New Order, but I kinda feel like there's no point after he wakes up and finds out what happened to him? I mean, how do you "win" against that.

kill every nazi

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

kill every nazi

Every
    Single
    Nazi

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    as long as there is a nazi alive my blood still burns

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    ABKN, or Always Be Killing Nazis.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Hot damn, the rocket launcher pistol makes one hell of a pair with the full upgraded assault rifle

This game is crazy
    I can't believe Ronald Reagan was in it

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Spoilers dude

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    @DouglasDanger yo drop that last bit in a spoiler

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    Sorry, friends

• Options
    edited November 2017
    It's cool. Thankfully it was vague and would mostly serve as a "wait wait WHAT?!" spoiler. Not like the AVClub and their current "FUCK YEAH WE'LL SPOIL SHIT IN THE HEADLINE AND IMAGE FUCK YOU FOR COMPLAINING" stance.

But still, there is so much in this game that should be experienced for the first time organically.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    it didn’t even click for me that it was Reagan when I played. I was so in shock at the scene that I missed some of the details.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

kill every nazi

Every
    Single
    Nazi

I liked how Noah Caldwell-Gervais put it

"if you start killings nazis, and you keep killing nazis, it stands to reason that they are going to run out of nazis one day"

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    OK, I guess the Nazis win because I got lost in New York and no matter how carefully I explore I end up back at the place where the level started.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Hot damn, the rocket launcher pistol makes one hell of a pair with the full upgraded assault rifle

This game is crazy

Wait, what??

When was that?

• Options

This game is crazy

Wait, what??

When was that?

Post New Orleans spoilers
    That actor Hitler shoots? The Gipper himself.

They never explicitly say it's him, but his voice, his speech pattern, and the 'R*middle covered by towel*N' in his chair are the clues.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options

This game is crazy

Wait, what??

When was that?

Post New Orleans spoilers
    That actor Hitler shoots? The Gipper himself.

They never explicitly say it's him, but his voice, his speech pattern, and the 'R*middle covered by towel*N' in his chair are the clues.

Oh daaang