As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 11.0] Moira, new Support Healer and new map announced!

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    new ana strats
    if you ult mercy she won't die and you'll win
    this is something I just came up with on purpose

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    If you leave it on auto, it scales automatically. I just put it at 100%.

My settings are mostly ultra, with.. Shadows on high i think, and the game runs on a stable 120fps, which is what my monitor also does. Feels nice!

1060gtx,btw

Interesting. I didn't know the game ran at 120 FPS--now I know. Then again, I can't tell about 90 myself (and even that's pushing it).

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    The game does even more if you want, and with its prettty well optimized engine, it would probably be a prime candidate for a 240 Hz monitor.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I run it at 144hz variable sync. It usually stays above 100 at 1440p on a 1070 with everything on max.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I'm pretty comfortable with 90Hz, which smooths out things enough to give me most of the performance boost I wanted

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Fun bug I just found in a Mystery Heroes game as Mercy with another Mercy and a Pharah that we spent basically the entire thing flying around as high as we could get.

Mercy can still use Angelic Descent while asleep.

I'm really curious how that looks with the wing flair and all.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Sadly you have no idea how many people actually do this with their passwords.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Fun bug I just found in a Mystery Heroes game as Mercy with another Mercy and a Pharah that we spent basically the entire thing flying around as high as we could get.

Follow up. Apparently there is no wing flair at all.
    https://gfycat.com/HauntingFailingCopperbutterfly

And it works no matter what her state is, even frozen, stunned, or earthshattered.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Follow up. Apparently there is no wing flair at all.
    https://gfycat.com/HauntingFailingCopperbutterfly

And it works no matter what her state is, even frozen, stunned, or earthshattered.

omfg, it's like some fucking anime

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Someone posted an assload of weird things on the Reddits with examples, many of which seem like bugs and/or oversights that have simply stuck around around forever, or things that do not at all behave like you'd think.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6p870h/a_list_of_odd_overwatch_interactions_many_with/

Some highlights:
    The Chevrons above players heads do not indicate health; rather, they show combat status. Orange shows that a player has taken damage recently, blue (or green in the case of group members) indicates they have not taken damage lately. There is no relationship with health- a critical HP player can have a green or blue chevron if they haven't taken damage for a while, and a full HP player can have an orange one if they were healed up immediately.
    https://gfycat.com/NegligiblePlumpFinnishspitz
    https://gfycat.com/HospitableWideeyedFlamingo

On Eichenwalde's second point, the payload cannot be contested after it makes it to the castle wall. (ed. Specifically, it moves all the way through the doorway after it starts the battering no matter if it's contested or not, so offense gets a free 20 meters or so after reaching the second point).
    https://gfycat.com/BetterDearestHeifer

Placing a Mei Wall underneath a trapped player will free them.
    https://gfycat.com/EllipticalDependableHerring

Mei cannot capture a point while inside Cryo-Freeze. (ed. But certainly can contest defensively, same for Zenyatta w/Transc)
    https://gfycat.com/MellowImmediateHoneycreeper
    https://gfycat.com/RegularOpenHumpbackwhale

Damageboosting an ally as they get an environmental kill will give Mercy ultimate charge.
    https://gfycat.com/AdorableRichBaboon

Symmetra's Barrier will be directed upwards by terrain. (ed. Specifically, it obeys/follows stairs upwards, or levels out if fired down stairs when it reaches the bottom, but will not go down stairs)
    https://gfycat.com/UnluckyShockedFox
    https://gfycat.com/PositiveUltimateBlesbok
    https://gfycat.com/RealGlitteringCygnet

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I feel like the Mei and Zen invuln interaction is pretty logical from a balance perspective. And I think I sort of subconsciously knew what the chevron colors meant. I definitely knew it wasn't health level and that as a healer, I needed to help a yellow chevron more urgently than a blue one.

The Symmetra shield one is funny since it will just crash into the ground if fired low on flat ground.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    People on the Reddits are saying that the loot box modification (fewer dupes) is coming with the Doomfist patch today, but do we have any actual confirmation of that?

Also, I feel like if they don't replace/supplement Lucioball with Doomball for the Summer Games given all his knockback and knockaround shit, they've missed something huge.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Doomfist Billiards

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    DoomBocce. DoomLawndarts. DoomKanJam.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Rocket League starring Doomfist ?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Roadhog buffs coming, apparently.
    We're actually testing this exact thing (ed. damage reduction while using Take a Breather) right now internally. Currently we have been play testing Roadhog with -50% damage taken while using Take a Breather, and also allowing him to move at full speed while inhaling. These two changes combined certainly make him significantly more difficult to kill, while also allowing Roadhog players to be much more aggressive when trying to find a hook target, knowing they can survive a lot more easily.

We plan on throwing this up on the PTR asap (along with some other hero changes) so you guys can play with it as well. Its possible its actually too strong right now but we'll have time to iterate on it.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758316091#post-4

That does not seem balanced at all, and would give him an ungodly amount of effective health. I guess MAYBE it'll make him a huge ult battery again? Maybe?

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    We're actually testing this exact thing (ed. damage reduction while using Take a Breather) right now internally. Currently we have been play testing Roadhog with -50% damage taken while using Take a Breather, and also allowing him to move at full speed while inhaling. These two changes combined certainly make him significantly more difficult to kill, while also allowing Roadhog players to be much more aggressive when trying to find a hook target, knowing they can survive a lot more easily.

We plan on throwing this up on the PTR asap (along with some other hero changes) so you guys can play with it as well. Its possible its actually too strong right now but we'll have time to iterate on it.

That does not seem balanced at all, and would give him an ungodly amount of effective health. I guess MAYBE it'll make him a huge ult battery again? Maybe?

i thought being a huge ult battery was what he already did

i mean it's not like he can kill anyone right now or like poses any significant threat at all to anyone with the slightest ability to aim and move slightly left or right

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    People on the Reddits are saying that the loot box modification (fewer dupes) is coming with the Doomfist patch today, but do we have any actual confirmation of that?

Also, I feel like if they don't replace/supplement Lucioball with Doomball for the Summer Games given all his knockback and knockaround shit, they've missed something huge.

Doomfist is Thursday, isn't it?

But I hope the loot box changes come then/now.

• Options

i mean it's not like he can kill anyone right now or like poses any significant threat at all to anyone with the slightest ability to aim and move slightly left or right

He might be a damn good flanker like that though.. Run in, grab a healer, and run out healing..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I don't like the sound of that Roadhog reduction. If you want to heal, go hide someplace safer. And you don't get to heal while walking either. I'm still up in the air about Bastion getting it in tandem with a much improved gun AND the Ironclad defense bonus, especially with the increased appearance of barriers.

Although I will say in Blizzard's defense Reaper's new setup with heal via his little deringer ptews has worked out well compared to looking stupid on paper. Then again this is Roadhog.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

He might be a damn good flanker like that though.. Run in, grab a healer, and run out healing..

That'd be great if he could consistently gank a healer though. I've whiffed on more 200hp heroes than ever now. Even Tracer a few times.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I don't like the sound of that Roadhog reduction. If you want to heal, go hide someplace safer. And you don't get to heal while walking either. I'm still up in the air about Bastion getting it in tandem with a much improved gun AND the Ironclad defense bonus, especially with the increased appearance of barriers.

Although I will say in Blizzard's defense Reaper's new setup with heal via his little deringer ptews has worked out well compared to looking stupid on paper. Then again this is Roadhog.

I'm extremely wary of doing basically the same thing to Roadhog as Bastion, but in Bastion's case at least I think it worked out marvelously and finally got him to a place where he doesn't feel like a gimmick pick 90% of the time.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Roadhog is just in a horrible place right now. He needs something and as he's a tank sustain is probably more in keeping with his role.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    “Play nice; play fair” is one of Blizzard's core values. It’s something we took to heart in creating Overwatch and remains a priority as we continue to support the game and our players. This not only applies to the new content we develop and the balance changes we make, but also to the features we add or improve upon over time.

We believe that our in-game reporting and player penalty system is one of our most important features, and it’s something we want to invest in significantly over the next year. To this end, effective immediately, we will be issuing increased penalties to players in response to verified reports of bad behavior. In Overwatch, that means anything from abusive chat, harassment, in-game spam, match inactivity (being intentionally AFK), and griefing. If you see someone engaging in any of these types of behaviors, report them. Players in violation will be silenced, suspended, or even banned from the game as a result.

We know that making Overwatch a truly welcoming environment is an ongoing process, and this is only the first step. Over the next several months, we have plans to make additional improvements based on your feedback, including scaling competitive season bans, a notification system that will alert you when a player you’ve reported is actioned, and functionality that will allow us to more aggressively penalize players who attempt to abuse the in-game reporting tool.

We also remain committed to bringing a reporting system to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. As console players ourselves, we know it’s been frustrating to not have this functionality on your platform. We are actively working on the feature and have many elements of undergoing internal testing right now. Our goal is to implement similar reporting options as are currently available on PC, and any improvements made to PC between now and when it’s available.

Thank you for your vigilance, passion, and commitment to building a welcoming and enjoyable community and helping us make Overwatch the best game it can be.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758356169

I guess the increased toxicity of the summer really was a thing that was causing some major problems. I remain skeptical that they'll actually be enforcing it to a noticeable extent though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    So, they must have a way to track certain words and phrases that are typed into the chat. I'd be surprised if there wasn't an automated system that flags accounts when certain words are used. I would love it if there were automatic chat bans for people who use racist/homophobic/ableist language in the chat and am honestly surprised they haven't been implemented yet.

• Options
    It's a given everything you type is logged. So they just go through that.

• Options
    Oh absolutely everything is logged, but I'm just shocked there aren't auto-bans for certain slurs.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    People will absolutely go up in arms about a system that further censors player speech past what they already do, which is comprehensive enough (although them not censoring the word 'dick' for like a year and a half seemed like a hilarious oversight)

I mean I don't personally have a problem with the concept, but leaving that sort of system to complete automation is practically begging for something to go wrong

• Options
    Ah yes, that strong commitment to punishing toxicity as evidenced by the year long period where consoles have no report feature.

Clearly a high priority.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Ah yes, that strong commitment to punishing toxicity as evidenced by the year long period where consoles have no report feature.

Clearly a high priority.

I think it's consoles that aren't the high priority.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    People will absolutely go up in arms about a system that further censors player speech past what they already do, which is comprehensive enough (although them not censoring the word 'dick' for like a year and a half seemed like a hilarious oversight)

I mean I don't personally have a problem with the concept, but leaving that sort of system to complete automation is practically begging for something to go wrong

There's a fine line to walk when trying to protecting people from toxicity. Auto-banning people from chat for using the N-word isn't that line.

Also, the censoring or swear words can be turned off. If you are seeing words get censored, that's your choice.

Edit: Wording.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Yeah, you can't autoban based on...anything, really. It's a bad idea.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Dick can be someone's name though

Like I was kinda upset when I was labelling something on Xbox I think with Philip K Dick's name, and it kept rejecting me. Same with Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior. I couldn't put Wang. Like come on.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Xeddicus wrote: »

They autoban serial leavers, so we've already crossed that 'uncrossable' line.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Xeddicus wrote: »

To be fair though, Cruor's saying auto-ban, but he means auto-silence. Go back and read the first post he mentions it, and he says (emphasis mine):
    Cruor wrote: »
    I would love it if there were automatic chat bans for people who use racist/homophobic/ableist language in the chat and am honestly surprised they haven't been implemented yet.

He also was more broadly talking about a system to flag accounts automatically for misbehavior, I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I assume he means 'flag' as in 'flag for review' by some type of moderator.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry, auto-silence is better wording. I think certain things should flag for review by a moderator, where as the worst of the worse (the aforementioned racial/homophobic/ableist slurs) should go immediately to a timed auto-silence that gets longer with each repeated offence, up to and including permanent silence.

• Options

Clearly a high priority.

Come on, I wanted to give them shit but they've actually been pretty good about keeping consoles up to date with PC. They tend to skip like half the patches but the big ones all hit at the same time everywhere.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Clearly a high priority.

Come on, I wanted to give them shit but they've actually been pretty good about keeping consoles up to date with PC. They tend to skip like half the patches but the big ones all hit at the same time everywhere.

Linear Ramp is still broken and was only added like a season ago
    Aim Assist in general was hot garbage compared to any AAA console game for like, 3-4 seasons before they gave us the option to modify the aim assist strength and window
    Aim Smoothing was only added a couple seasons back
    Widowmaker and Ana are nearly garbage tier because they got nerfs that weren't needed on console
    No report feature after over a year
    If you D/C on console and it's not a soft D/C that doesn't also kill the game you are insta-banned from comp and are unable to rejoin (i.e. your console hard locks and needs a reset, your console crashes to the home screen, someone accidentally hits the power button, all of those mean you're fucked)

I'm not super upset about it. OW on console is still super fun and I'm happy to keep playing it. But it's definitely a lower priority for Blizzard and they also are pretty inexperienced console developers, as evidenced by their continued struggles to get their aiming code up to modern standards.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    How are you guys countering reaper lately with his recent buffs. He is really causing my teams some trouble lately. Could be just in our rank which is mid to high gold on Xbox.

I can beat him, usually with zarya (my main) but on the games I have been losing, he is usually the main culprit with some crazy high kill counts.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Hanzo actually eats Reaper's lunch, Reaper's a super easy snipe target.

Otherwise, just keep barriers between your team and Reaper and beat him up from range.

If the enemy team doesn't have a lucio, having a lucio on your team makes it real easy to just kite him

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.