As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 11.0] Moira, new Support Healer and new map announced!

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I think Dorado might be my favourite PL map, period, but more importantly: can anyone tell if I actually block the Reinhardt's shatter in this video (at 00:20)?

https://youtu.be/qoQGw8k1188

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    playing it at 1/4 speed, it looks like he gets the shatter off before your shield passes him

not that he actually hit anyone with it

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Only 20 points for winning, when we have to play the last half of attack and all of defense missing a player? Really?

Do you get a bonus for having fewer players? I mean, it seems like you ought to.

You should! It was hard work, and should show that we're more skilled than the other team if they lost with that advantage. That would point to us needing to be ranked higher.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    playing it at 1/4 speed, it looks like he gets the shatter off before your shield passes him

not that he actually hit anyone with it

yeah he didn't hit anyone with it, which is why I thought I'd blocked it

turns out he's just bad I guess

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So...got my first hatemail in a while.

"Fuck you for playing Sombra"

From a Hanzo.

We still won btw.

• Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Dragkonias wrote: »

From a Hanzo.

We still won btw.

he probably wanted her

can i just say it's never not annoying when you dominate with a character on attack/defense and then someone autolocks them as soon as you switch?

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Phonehand wrote: »

From a Hanzo.

We still won btw.

he probably wanted her

can i just say it's never not annoying when you dominate with a character on attack/defense and then someone autolocks them as soon as you switch?

Had this happen to me once. Was playing Soldier and a guy got mad cause I wasn't listening to him(he was making bad calls).

We'd capped easily on attack and I had like 4 gold medals.

Guy takes Soldier from me and I switch off DPS cause well now we're down a tank.

We proceed to lose horribly while he repeatedly dies. Game ends with my team asking why he took Soldier from me as I was doing a good job, which was nice.

This game is a trip at times.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    3 losses today. First was really close but we should've been blown out. Zero communication. The next we got crushed but everyone was at least pleasant.

The last one started with one of our 3 dps asking our only healer, Zen, to switch to Mercy. Of course, the guy asking the other to switch wouldn't switch. It was basically that for the whole game. Also, pretty sure our D.va never put up DM. I took a rocket to the face as Lucio on our way to the point at the very beginning of Ilios Well, which killed me. I was behind everyone and D.va didn't soak up a single rocket.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    http://imgur.com/gallery/wn4cE

Someone made an extremely detailed 3D printed replica of one of Tracer's pistols. Not posting any of the pictures since they're gigantoid(3.5MB) but it's worth a look.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Had a really rough time with the match maker last night. Felt like we just got thrown the the wolves for 30 minutes straight. I mean, the group I play with ain't the best. But it was just steamroll after steamroll.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Had a really rough time with the match maker last night. Felt like we just got thrown the the wolves for 30 minutes straight. I mean, the group I play with ain't the best. But it was just steamroll after steamroll.

You just gotta have guts and train hard like Coachie says

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    I won a 5v6 today.

Well, I didn't. Our Pharah one trick could finally pick Pharah on attack, and he went and soloed the enemy team with her. It was quite a pleasure to see.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    6v6 lockout got locked out of arcade.

Boo

Boo Wendy

Boo Wendy Testaburger Boo

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    3 losses today. First was really close but we should've been blown out. Zero communication. The next we got crushed but everyone was at least pleasant.

The last one started with one of our 3 dps asking our only healer, Zen, to switch to Mercy. Of course, the guy asking the other to switch wouldn't switch. It was basically that for the whole game. Also, pretty sure our D.va never put up DM. I took a rocket to the face as Lucio on our way to the point at the very beginning of Ilios Well, which killed me. I was behind everyone and D.va didn't soak up a single rocket.

Dvas that don't use DM are just as infuriating as Lucio's that only speed boost so they can fight.

Watched a kill cam the other day with a friendly Dva standing by me just blazing away at everything in sight for several seconds while I'm playing as Zen. Enemy Reaper comes up behind us, I start hitting him, Dva turns to shoot... and then just keeps shooting while the Reaper handily guns me down before phasing away to safety. So the Dva player ended up failing to save a healer and didn't do squat to get the kill they were greedy for.

Which ended up being a theme for that player, because their Reaper and Pharah were all over us all fucking match and the Dva just would not stop shooting to put up a DM unless they were personally at risk. And then they would burn the whole DM getting away and have nothing left at any point when the whole rest of the team needed it.

• Options
    SpoonySpoony Registered User regular
    I had been reluctant to get into competitive because of all of the horror stories about how terrible everybody is and how everybody tilts at the drop of a pin. But Quick Play was getting a little stale and I figured what the heck. I'm in some sort of bizarro world where people are friendly and helpful. They play realistic comps and work around what people are good with, including my semi-niche Orisa play. And after going 6-3-1 in placements, I've gone 4-1 in regular games and got this:
    5u5ao902nljt.jpg

Hooray!

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I swear I think I saw this first hand, if not something eerily similar.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I had an utterly bizarre game where a Genji player once got so salty that we didn't have Mercy on Anubis attack that he went and switched to Mercy himself, and we got enough forward momentum to secure a successful first round

And then on defense he instalocked Genji again and spent the first 5 minutes getting crushed and being salty that we didn't have Mercy on Anubis defense - and then he switched back to Mercy and we succesfully won defense

I've never seen an Overwatch player so salty about being responsible and helping win the game. Completely mind-boggling how someone could be so angry about having won a competitive match. The only other games I've seen such behaviour are in Call of Duty multiplayer games where people are perpetually angry about shit. It's incredible.

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    As a healer main, I can say with much confidence that some days you just don't wanna have to heal AGAIN.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I had an utterly bizarre game where a Genji player once got so salty that we didn't have Mercy on Anubis attack that he went and switched to Mercy himself, and we got enough forward momentum to secure a successful first round

And then on defense he instalocked Genji again and spent the first 5 minutes getting crushed and being salty that we didn't have Mercy on Anubis defense - and then he switched back to Mercy and we succesfully won defense

I've never seen an Overwatch player so salty about being responsible and helping win the game. Completely mind-boggling how someone could be so angry about having won a competitive match. The only other games I've seen such behaviour are in Call of Duty multiplayer games where people are perpetually angry about shit. It's incredible.

Maybe... just *maybe* that person is always forced to play Support? maybe they just wanted one day, you know... doing something different...

Although to be fair, i guess said person could've just stayed Genji and not been salty about no healer...

Edit: Literally what Vivixenne said... which hadn't shown up, even though i refreshed before posting... *wtc*

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Speaking from experience. If it's competitive and I have to heal, we will be just as well off if I'm playing widow. It's a guaranteed loss either way.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Nah, it was a Genji main. And I'm not blind to the feeling, last season I played 80 hours of Zen and Ana almost exclusively. And I was Zenning and Ana'ing that round! I'm doing my shit.

Power to those who take responsibility, but don't take it out on the team again when the problem is resolved and then is unresolved afterwards by your own doing.

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    As a healer main, I can say with much confidence that some days you just don't wanna have to heal AGAIN.

Conversation I had with my brother

"You know I tank and support so much that the one blue moon I get to play DPS I'm always surprised that I'm pretty good at DPSing. Like wow, wish I could do this more often."

"Yeah."

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Nah, it was a Genji main. And I'm not blind to the feeling, last season I played 80 hours of Zen and Ana almost exclusively. And I was Zenning and Ana'ing that round! I'm doing my shit.

Power to those who take responsibility, but don't take it out on the team again when the problem is resolved and then is unresolved afterwards by your own doing.

You're basically saying "You already caved once so everybody assumes you'll keep caving and letting us do what we want, no point complaining about it."

It is pretty easy to see how it doesn't feel "fair" to most folks to be the one who has to take responsibility when their are are others who never take a turn at it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    I'm a diamond healer but I could be a GM DPS for all anyone knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Anybody fucks with Tracer and I am going to send the curtest tweet I swear to God.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Anybody fucks with Tracer and I am going to send the curtest tweet I swear to God.

I honestly don't think there's anything to change about her. She's high risk, high reward with a huge skill ceiling, but also a higher than average skill floor. I'd be surprised if she got touched at all at any point in the near future.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    There's nothing wrong with her, you should actually feel pretty good that it's one character they haven't had to fix in two years.

She's truly at the bottom of the list in terms of who needs to be fixed right now.

Now get to work on fixing Zarya.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Zarya is fine

• Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    i'm a little sad that everyone plays winston now. i liked being one of the few.

pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Zarya is fine

Yup. To be honest, looking over the roster there really isn't anyone that sticks out as especially overpowered or problematic, especially with the recent Roadhog nerf.

On the opposite end, I think Torb could use some love to make him not a super-situational/joke pick. Other than that, most of the characters are in a pretty dang good place right now.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Zarya is fine

Yup. To be honest, looking over the roster there really isn't anyone that sticks out as especially overpowered or problematic, especially with the recent Roadhog nerf.

On the opposite end, I think Torb could use some love to make him not a super-situational/joke pick. Other than that, most of the characters are in a pretty dang good place right now.

What Torb mostly needs is for folks to actually get out and shoot with him. He has a bunch of tools for doing serious damage to folks that most people ignore.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Jeff talks about the lack of rein in competitive, but isn't his hammer all wonky right now?

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Jeff talks about the lack of rein in competitive, but isn't his hammer all wonky right now?

It started a bit before that but yeah.

Competitive has been pushing more toward Dive comps which is the opposite of what Rein is good at.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

You have a point, but my understanding is that the current meta is very dive-focused, so even if he didn't have the bug he wouldn't see as much action as he used to.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Ah ok!

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i love torb right now

so many dive tracer/genji comps

torb hard counters the shit out of tracer and Genji

such a good situational pick for that team comp

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I think balance wise most heroes are in a pretty good spot with some needing a small boost upward or downward.

Any real shakeups in meta would come from just adding new heroes.

That said I want a new hero that shakes things up in a big way as soon as they hit. I know folks have feelings on Ana but I liked that one new hero could affect the meta so much. Compare that to Sombra who took months of rebalancing to just be decent and Orisa who is still finding a place.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I think balance wise most heroes are in a pretty good spot with some needing a small boost upward or downward.

Any real shakeups in meta would come from just adding new heroes.

That said I want a new hero that shakes things up in a big way as soon as they hit. I know folks have feelings on Ana but I liked that one new hero could affect the meta so much. Compare that to Sombra who took months of rebalancing to just be decent and Orisa who is still finding a place.

I'm pretty happy with Orisa for the most part and not sure what I'd change. She does a good job tearing up barriers, and disrupting bunker-type emplacements in general, and is effective enough in general to not feel like an awkward niche pick nor oppressively overpowered. I'm not a huge fan of her ult, I guess. I always end up holding onto that fucking thing forever and/or dropping it when my entire team has ults, just to watch them go "Oh, that means we don't need to use ours then."

---
    Speaking of Tracer, aside from the random wasted bomb at the end, this is pretty disgusting.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    It's super interesting to see how well Korean teams are exploiting Sombra's kit on certain points. It requires a ton of coordination and timing, but particularly on Anubis, Volskaya, Hanamura, etc., Sombra can be super strong. She also has a good matchup against Dva; it's cool how small tweaks to her kit plus additional practice turned her from F tier to strong role-player (along with the weird mish-mash of DPS and support mains playing her).