As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Your Cube Was Nuked By xXx420yolo_69

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    My goodness, Level 15 is a real breakpoint. Suddenly all sorts of Level 22 bullet sponges are spawning, and my Level 5 guns just won't cut it any longer.

So yes, the game is trying to force you to cycle your gear out for newer stuff every five levels.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Regarding the workbenches people can fight over:

I don't have any interest in them because my stash is full as it is. If I have nowhere to put those resources, they aren't very useful to me.

Edit: I should reload the page after leaving it there for a couple hours...

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Am I missing something obvious for getting blueprints? Because I have acquired almost no melee ones, aside from the boxing glove.

Also jeez, didn't expect to cap out on a stat so quickly. I thought it would go to at least 20 base, based on the scaling of the Barbarian perk. That's Strength at 15, then, with End, Int, and Luck at 6, 6, and 4 respectively.

I do feel like perks need to have some sort of a cooldown applied to a stat category when you swap cards around. Preferably something long enough to really make you think if it's worth it to swap out your perception cards for Lockpicking a single container/safe. Because right now your 'choices' in perks don't feel like they matter much at all.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Apparently I got a wanted level of 10 caps because i was looting a place (near an unowned workbench) while some guy apparently claimed it...

How do you get rid of this?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Speaking of stash space, I have a PA chasis with a mish mash of T51b and T60 armor of various levels that I dont need anymore. Does anyone want? If not I'm just gonna scrap them.

I'm HCostanza on PC.

I don’t need the armour, but I have added you anyway.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I've got to stop reading this thread. The emotional wrenching of "Hey that sounds awesome, aw wait it's crap" is too much.

What if I told you the game is pretty fun, not without it's quirks, but fun...and people just like to complain :) (Me included). It's sort of the paradox of discussion threads, people tend to post their worst experiences.

It has some stuff Bethesda needs to fix, but the foundation here could lead to something incredible. Right now it's worth playing if you're in to Fallout and multiplayer survival at all, but it's an early adopter experience right now.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I'm Luchaire on PC. I also don't have a mic, so if you ever run into me anywhere don't be offended if you get some emotes but no conversation. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Seems like anything Wanted level related is a death sentence...

Great.

• Options
    I'm Luchaire on PC. I also don't have a mic, so if you ever run into me anywhere don't be offended if you get some emotes but no conversation. :lol:

Sent an invite. Anyone getting invites from Evidar, that’s me.

• Options
    ut it's an early adopter experience right now

It sure is. They are Beta testing all sorts of stuff- the Wanted system, Perks, all of the Inventory nonsense, Weapon scaling-- that Bethesda obviously intends to tune in a week or two.

• Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to play on PC my name is "alexw1lder" so my forum name with a #1 instead of an "i". God I hate using a new PC launcher where I don't have my same friend list for the last 10 years.

I have a Mic and I'm level 42 (character built around crafting) but i'm probably going to create a melee alt.

Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    If anyone wants to play on PC my name is "alexw1lder" so my forum name with a #1 instead of an "i". God I hate using a new PC launcher where I don't have my same friend list for the last 10 years.

I have a Mic and I'm level 42 (character built around crafting) but i'm probably going to create a melee alt.

Added you. I can see you accepted so thanks for that.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    We're going to be going for the Scorchbeast Queen on Saturday if anyone wants to join in. She's level 90 so you probably need to be at least in the 40's with a set of power armor... or have a loooooot of rad and energy resist if you want to survive for any significant length of time. We're going to have to raid a silo first so pulse/plasma weaponry or anti-robotic stuff will help too.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    My name on PC is Brainling, feel free to add me. I'm still low level and figuring stuff out, but I plan to put in some hours this weekend.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    PC here also, same handle. So if you want, you can add me also.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    @GnomeTank feel free to join my world, got a team going at the moment. Weirdly you can’t invite players to your world or invite to groups, or even message them ingame.

• Options
    I think you did invite me at one point, but I was only on for a few minutes. I'll be back on later after the work day on the west coast ends.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    -GnomeTank feel free to join my world, got a team going at the moment. Weirdly you can’t invite players to your world or invite to groups, or even message them ingame.

Yeah, the lack of messaging at all really threw me. I figured they'd at least have that.

• Options
    It was kind of annoying when Norgoth invited me and I had no way, other than coming back to the forums, to say that I was only on for a few minutes. I wasn't ignoring the invite.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    We're going to be going for the Scorchbeast Queen on Saturday if anyone wants to join in. She's level 90 so you probably need to be at least in the 40's with a set of power armor... or have a loooooot of rad and energy resist if you want to survive for any significant length of time. We're going to have to raid a silo first so pulse/plasma weaponry or anti-robotic stuff will help too.

Are you guys... Basically doing the very end game content already?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    And here I am at level 6 and stabbing everything with a pitchfork...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    It seems like melee is the way to go if you want to deal with encumbrance less often. I'm carrying 4 different guns for different situations (sniping, close range, robots, and general purpose) and that eats up a lot of inventory space.

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    It was kind of annoying when Norgoth invited me and I had no way, other than coming back to the forums, to say that I was only on for a few minutes. I wasn't ignoring the invite.

Yeah it’s cool, the social in this is crap.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Power Armor Edition pic time.

6FOpwbr.jpg

This thing is 10x better (and bigger) than I imagined it would be.

AHynCB6.jpg

Even the box is super cool and is designed to (sort of) look like an in-universe box. I love it when companies do this:

aYkpI4S.jpg

JUbtP9l.jpg

The steelbook is really nice, with an embossed logo. I have to say this is the first time I've gotten a steelbook with no disc in it. The future is weird.

Bonus pic, Fallout army men!:

f4Ye6Y8.jpg

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I'm rhelg224 on PC. Please add me so I can have friends.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I have to assume that every subsequent Fallout game will have a Collector's Edition variant with a piece of Power Armor, and if you buy all of them you can build the full suit.

The last Fallout game ever will come with a fusion core.

(Actually the last Fallout game ever will just be real life in ~20 years, but let's do some wishful thinking instead.)

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Are you guys... Basically doing the very end game content already?

Yup! I skipped past a lot of the middle quests though. I'll probably make an alt character soon and do a slower, more lore focused playthrough.

In other news, here's an update from our flawed Overseer's:

https://fallout.bethesda.net/article/48zcUmxp7O2se0CIMMwmGg/fallout-76-upcoming-features-and-fixes-november-2018

Edit: basically everything I have an issue with is being fixed:

FALLOUT 76 | UPCOMING FEATURES AND FIXES – NOVEMBER 2018
    Since Vault 76 opened to the world in B.E.T.A. and official launch, we’ve loved reading about your adventures and seeing your incredible photos from all over Appalachia. With launch day behind us, we’re now looking toward the immediate future for Fallout 76 and what that means for both the short and long term. Before we get to new content and other additions, we want you to know that we have seen your feedback, taken note of issues, and value the time you have taken to provide your thoughts and report problems.

So first and foremost, we have our first patch coming Monday, November 19 – and while this update has many performance fixes and optimizations in it, we know some of your biggest requests, including an increased Stash Limit and several PC Quality of Life adjustments, are not included in this update. These features are coming in the next several weeks.

Our plan is to update the game on a regular basis with patch notes that detail what we are addressing with each update. If that changes, we’ll let folks know as things may shift as we need to balance adding features with server stability and maintenance. Following our post on Reddit, here’s the latest on where we are with our next updates.

UPCOMING FIXES BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR
    November 19 Patch - The next update will focus primarily on game performance and stability on all platforms but will also come with a list of fixes to quests, UI, C.A.M.P.s, and more. Patch notes will be available early next week. This update will be large compared to what we expect for patches going forward. Regular updates will always vary in size, but future updates should be much smaller in comparison.
    Stash Limit Increase – We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right.
    Push to Talk for PC – After listening to all of your concerns, we have made progress on getting this into the game and it will also be included in an update in the next few weeks.
    Ultrawide Support for PC – 21:9 support will be coming soon. We have seen it in testing and it looks awesome.
    FOV Slider for PC – We know this is popular request for our PC players— look for an FOV slider soon.

They also mentioned in a previous post that character re-specing is coming. This is literally just a list of everything I've been complaining about.

And on the future of the game:
    LOOKING AHEAD TO 2019
    We teased in our launch letter some of what’s to come next. In addition to constantly making fixes and changes, there will be new content and game systems that add to the life and experiences in Appalachia. We’ll see new Vaults opening, new ways to easily improve your C.A.M.P.s, ways to create, team-up, and faction-based PvP, and many more free add-ons we haven’t talked about yet. In addition, you will see articles each week that highlight new events, content, and features we’re excited to share. We look forward to growing Fallout 76 with you.

Faction based PVP!

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Me and @Alex Wilder took over the big earth mover and had to defend it from a scorchbeast

jzgEb57.jpg

Norgoth on
  • Options
    I wonder what the new vaults will end up being. My guess is some form of end game content, maybe like Dark Age of Camelot's PvPvE dungeons? That'd be pretty cool, those were a lot of fun.

(That's pure speculation FYI, based on nothing but my own synapses firing)

• Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Me and @Alex Wilder took over the big earth mover and had to defend it from a scorchbeast

Let it be known. I'm the one in the sexy bumblebee transformer armor.

Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    The Tricentennial paintjob looks so good on the X01. I'm wearing it instead my much better suit just because it looks so awesome:

xVBOQIt.jpg

FrkB5qY.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Has anyone got experience with Workshops? I built a bunch of turrets over there and some props, knew I was about to log off and just "Stored" every item before logging off.

Log back in later and went back to my CAMP, 0 items in "Storage" in my build mode, is the stuff just gone?/locked to workshops building only?/dismantled for 50% item values? ... I have no idea at least.

I also got hit by a bug where I only had 120 carry weight until I logged out and logged back in again. (I checked "Effects" for diseases and everything)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    I'm "mvrck." on PC if ya'll wanna add me. Specifically if you need some harder to find ammo right now because I currently am working on setting up my base camp outside the munitions factory. I currently own it on my server if anyone wants to join in with me, I'll probably be on most of the night.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Page 99, Strikor will you be creating a new thread ?

I won't be picking up 76 so it would be a good idea for someone else to go ahead and make the new thread.

• Options
    I got a notice in game that I got a friend request from someone but apparently I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to accept it? The social menu doesn't seem to show it anywhere.

I r dum...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "MADE IN CHINA"?!?!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So, is it just me or has anyone else noticed how Bethesda likes to place corpses (and skeletons, and mannequins, and petrified bodies) in the face down, ass up position? Like rampantly.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Okay, so I'm going to say the one thing with the online system that really bugs me: Getting DCed from a server means you lose your workshop claims, and anything you had invested into them up to that point, without necessarily getting the return on that investment.

• Options
    The blueprint system is so bad. You move your CAMP so often, but you have to place every section of the building one at a time. It's easier to just place all the workbenches I want one at a time.

This discussion has been closed.