As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:Stormblood] Rise of a New Sun (Patch 4.2) rises Jan 30th [Prelim Patch Notes]

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I can't reliably get into the game. Every day or so now, upon trying to log in, I'm getting a message saying "a fatal directx error has occured (10000000)" before the game crashes. I've tried rolling back the drivers on Nvidia and restarting the computer, and that will work for a time, but the next day I have to do the whole process again. This has happened after I thought I set my computer (using Windows 8) to stop automatically checking for and updating drivers. Is this a known problem, and is there some version of the drivers that I need to avoid, or is there something else that needs to be done that I'm missing?

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    A DirectX error could also indicate a corrupt data file
    I haven't had any success in attempting to do a 'file integrity' check on the data files so I've just reinstalled the client at one point when I was getting those errors.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Just hit level 70 for the first time. Then did the 70 job quest.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    I've been messing around recently with the novice network, and surprisingly it is a step above barrens chat. The opt in nature and the barrier to obtaining mentor status seems to have acted as a decent filter to the worst trolls and shit posters.

There's some pedantic stuff and some people get hung up on offering inappropriate world first/speed kill progression advice to total newbies, but the general atmosphere seems to be helpful. For anyone looking for some general advice, its worth checking out.

This is on Sargatanas for what it is worth.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    I've been messing around recently with the novice network, and surprisingly it is a step above barrens chat. The opt in nature and the barrier to obtaining mentor status seems to have acted as a decent filter to the worst trolls and shit posters.

There's some pedantic stuff and some people get hung up on offering inappropriate world first/speed kill progression advice to total newbies, but the general atmosphere seems to be helpful. For anyone looking for some general advice, its worth checking out.

This is on Sargatanas for what it is worth.

Sarg NN tends to be better than most because there are a few regular mentors that run herd on it. Some of the NN channels on other servers have gone full Lord of the Flies.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm still in NN from returning and it can get pretty damn goofy.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Continuing adventures of Cat-tain Eorzea:

Spoilers for 15-30 main quest follow
    • Now officially a member of a secret society in which the leader wears little more than a bikini with a leather skirt of questionable value.
    • Also officially a member of the Limsa Lominsa military, because Ul'dah is probably just going to invade everyone else using the refugees as cannon fodder as soon as I mop up the empire and Gridania's elementals apparently care fuck-all for the refugees (seriously, you wont heal a dying man that is inside your town, wtf). In the race to the bottom of morality, Limsa Lominsa was losing and therefore is top of the pile for me to join.
    • The sultana is literally an object carried around by a dude. There are all sorts of problems with Ul'Dah. Did I mention that stealing steak (as in, buying steak legitimately while being a refugee) is grounds for becoming a sex slave? Fuck this place.
    • The Gladiators got some serious Naruto-Sasuke-Sakura drama stuff going on. Was pretty happy to move on to paladins since it really seems like all we do is play relationship doctor.
    • Or, at least, so it appeared. The Paladin trainer is a whiney, elitist jerk (even for a paladin). Lovin the traitor guy. Hopefully my love will bear out in the end.
    • QUICK, IMPORTANT SAVE-THE-DAY BUSINESS NEEDS TO BE DONE IN THE FOREST
    • but first will you deliver this missing earring to a guy on another contenant?
    • Oh thanks, bring him this jug of booze in thanks
    • Oh I love booze BUT OH NO, SAVE-THE-DAY BUSINESS WAS STILL GOING ON WHERE HAVE YOU BEEEEEEN

Also, around level 25 or so I ended up in a 2-piece plate armor build which robbed me of having any form of expressions during cutscenes. When reading these aloud to Mrs. Enc (now a highly respectable White Mage) I kept saying "klank" and "whats happening, someone tell me what's happening?" and "did I run into something, oh god I can't breathe" followed by the ultimate:
    Enc: WHAT ARE WE FIGHTING, ITS VERY HOT
    Mrs. Enc: It's nothing, just keep hitting it with your shield, you're doing fine.
    Enc: BUT WHY DID OUR ALLIES TURN AGAINST US
    Mrs. Enc: Don't worry about it, it's fine, keep tanking.
    Enc: AM I FIGHTING A PRIMAL? IS THIS A PRIMAL I'M HITTING?
    Mrs. Enc: Yes, but you have a crystal now that we won!
    Enc: Am I holding something, oh god let me ouuuuuuuut...

And so it continues.

Enc on
  • Options
    The can is a tank rite of passage.

• Options
    I want to always be in the plate. It made the game hilarious.
    Like I interpret the market scene where the asshole tries to enslave the girl who bought food for her family to be mostly due to the helmet. Rather than being the only person who didn't back away, I like to think I just aimlessly wandered into the middle of the encounter without being able to see what was happening, and when someone started attacking me I just flailed until they stopped.

In fact, tanking with that armor is essentially always "flail at source of knocking until knocking stops."

• Options
    Also the can as a Mi'qote is pretty great, because you get little cat ear tufts on the armor.

Very thoughtful of the craftsmen, I thought.

• Options
    Enc wrote: »
    Also the can as a Mi'qote is pretty great, because you get little cat ear tufts on the armor.

Very thoughtful of the craftsmen, I thought.

There's certain caster armor that bends a Mi'qote tail up.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

• Now officially a member of a secret society in which the leader wears little more than a bikini with a leather skirt of questionable value.
    • Also officially a member of the Limsa Lominsa military, because Ul'dah is probably just going to invade everyone else using the refugees as cannon fodder as soon as I mop up the empire and Gridania's elementals apparently care fuck-all for the refugees (seriously, you wont heal a dying man that is inside your town, wtf). In the race to the bottom of morality, Limsa Lominsa was losing and therefore is top of the pile for me to join.
    • The sultana is literally an object carried around by a dude. There are all sorts of problems with Ul'Dah. Did I mention that stealing steak (as in, buying steak legitimately while being a refugee) is grounds for becoming a sex slave? Fuck this place.
    • The Gladiators got some serious Naruto-Sasuke-Sakura drama stuff going on. Was pretty happy to move on to paladins since it really seems like all we do is play relationship doctor.
    • Or, at least, so it appeared. The Paladin trainer is a whiney, elitist jerk (even for a paladin). Lovin the traitor guy. Hopefully my love will bear out in the end.
    • but first will you deliver this missing earring to a guy on another contenant?
    • Oh I love booze BUT OH NO, SAVE-THE-DAY BUSINESS WAS STILL GOING ON WHERE HAVE YOU BEEEEEEN

Also, around level 25 or so I ended up in a 2-piece plate armor build which robbed me of having any form of expressions during cutscenes. When reading these aloud to Mrs. Enc (now a highly respectable White Mage) I kept saying "klank" and "whats happening, someone tell me what's happening?" and "did I run into something, oh god I can't breathe" followed by the ultimate:
    Mrs. Enc: It's nothing, just keep hitting it with your shield, you're doing fine.

And so it continues.

I really don't understand your issue with the Raubahn/Nanamo stuff.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

And so it continues.

I really don't understand your issue with the Raubahn/Nanamo stuff.

It's a bit weird early on. By the point we're all at, it makes perfect sense.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    The literal one time I have seen her she was being used as a literal prop

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    man you messin' with the Bull, you gon' get the horns

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    If you think Raubahn and Nanamo are strange, just wait until you meet the Mandervilles...

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    4.18 patch notes are out.

Big changes:
    Deltascape Savage weekly loot lockout has been lifted
    Deltascape crystalloids for the early model allagan weapons have also had the weekly limit removed. The number required has been lowered to 4 from 7 as well
    Roborants (tokens used to upgrade the i330 creation weapons to i340) can now be traded for using the ivalice weekly tokens

If you ever wanted to try your hand at the current savage tier, now is the time to do so. Especially with the holiday season coming up

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Should I expect the patch changes to encourage people to run Deltascape normal more? That's where the crystalloids come from?

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Downside to hitting 70 is that I am at level 65 quests. So now I have 5 levels of exp, but I need to catch up one of my other classes to 65. Definite first world mmo player problems.

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Has anyone logged in and checked how many coins it takes to upgrade the weapon? I know it was, what, 3 books whatever for the roborant so wondering if its three coins then.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Should I expect the patch changes to encourage people to run Deltascape normal more? That's where the crystalloids come from?

Deltascape Normal is indeed where you get crystalloids. Specifically, Exdeath.

• Options
    Aretè wrote: »
    Has anyone logged in and checked how many coins it takes to upgrade the weapon? I know it was, what, 3 books whatever for the roborant so wondering if its three coins then.

It's always one coin. It's just that they always reserve the weapon till late in the cycle.

• Options

Less, actually, until 4.2. Up till this patch, people ran O4N as a weekly loot grab. Now, there's no purpose to do so.

• Options
    One thing that is cool about this game as a new player is that there is so much to play with that I have no idea what any of that is and probably won't need to for another few months of play.

And that's fantastic. This has been the first game where I feel like exploring the plot and world without optimized leveling is the right way to go.

• Options
    One thing that is cool about this game as a new player is that there is so much to play with that I have no idea what any of that is and probably won't need to for another few months of play.

And that's fantastic. This has been the first game where I feel like exploring the plot and world without optimized leveling is the right way to go.

Optimization isn't really necessary unless you're on the very bleeding edge.

• Options

Less, actually, until 4.2. Up till this patch, people ran O4N as a weekly loot grab. Now, there's no purpose to do so.

Wait why not? Will people just run Savage to get early model tomestones instead of snapping up crystalloids to trade for one?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Wait why not? Will people just run Savage to get early model tomestones instead of snapping up crystalloids to trade for one?

More that the limiting factor isn't the crystalloids, but the creation cap. The weapon still costs 1000 creation.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Mainly I just want a better weapon than the starter i310, and I got tired of attempting Susano over and over with pickup groups.

I have a full i330/340 set of armor and accessories from Rabanastre and tomestones, so I should have no problem tackling Delta Normal, but I might just wait until the next major patch and see what's on offer there. Level MCH and AST in the meantime.

Renzo on
  • Options
    Mainly I just want a better weapon than the starter i310, and I got tired of attempting Susano over and over with pickup groups.

I have a full i330/340 set of armor and accessories from Rabanastre and tomestones, so I should have no problem tackling Delta Normal, but I might just wait until the next major patch and see what's on offer there. Level MCH and AST in the meantime.

You should be able to get through O1N-O4N alright.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    We've got something to look forward to for this starlight celebration:

• Options
    Is that a riding bear that throws presents

HOW DO I GET ONE

Can I get one at level 33?

• Options
    It'll be a part of the upcoming seasonal quests, which should be doable for you, yeah.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Seasonal quests usually require level 15.

• Options
    Yessss

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Took me a while to realize that was a video. I was looking at it like "so....snow??"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yessss

And right after Starlight is Heavensturn.

• Options
    Oh, Enc - if you're 33, have you and your wife taught your birds how to fight with you? If not, you'll want to do the quest My Feisty Little Chocobo in the South Shroud.

• Options
    Oh, Enc - if you're 33, have you and your wife taught your birds how to fight with you? If not, you'll want to do the quest My Feisty Little Chocobo in the South Shroud.

Oh yeah, my mighty chocofriend Kweh and I have had many an adventure!

Where can I buy more accessories for her?

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    You can get barding from a few different sources-- grand companies have a kind that they sell for company seals, a couple of sets are obtained by trading in tokens from world bosses, more are crafted. Some of the old holiday ones can be bought in the cash shop.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Ghosties, dont forget to check in on your choco's every now and then. Was at the FC house yesterday training mine and anyone else's in the stable and there is currently a good amount that are at xp cap and cant be trained.

This discussion has been closed.