As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:Stormblood] Rise of a New Sun (Patch 4.2) rises Jan 30th [Prelim Patch Notes]

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Ah, thanks. Maybe I won't bother then, since it would just be completion for the sake of completion.

Which would still be something I would totally do; but for the time being I've got more than enough to keep me occupied in the game than checking off a couple of minions/bardings I wouldn't even be able to use.

Another question: do different PoTD levels actually give you different amounts of XP or does everyone spam 51-60 just because it has the best time to complete because of relatively easy enemies and access to skills?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    The last floor of each tier gives more. So floor 50, 100, and maybe 200? For example, if floors 51-90 give 500k xp, floor 100 gives 800k xp.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I hear a lot of DRKs complaining about having to use Dark Arts all the time for their rotations. I'm not too miffed by that, but I'm wondering how it could be changed to keep similar functionality but alleviate that complaint. What if it became a stance/enchantment that rapidly drained the DRK's MP in exchange for adding the Dark Arts effect to every relevant action performed while the enchantment is active?

Or would that just cause a similar Buttons Per Minute issue, with needing to toggle it on and off for each combo so as to not lose excessive amounts of MP?

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I find Dark Arts to be more of a hassle than anything, personally.

I don't feel like it actually adds anything to the experience, and I don't really think it needs to exist with Darkside. It should be pretty easy to just rebalance mana costs of abilities while you have Darkside on, and give them the Dark Arts benefit and make MP regeneration more crucial while under Darkside. Right now it is fairly trivial with how much you can keep Blood Price and Blood Weapon up due to Delirium. EDIT: I realize Dark Arts doesn't only apply to things with Darkside, I'm just saying that Darkside could be more than just the MP regen toggle it is now, since you pretty much never turn it off. Make it a choice too; just not one you do before every other ability.

Just bake the Dark Arts effect into the abilities people use it on the most, and either toss it or redo it into something with a much greater risk/reward so that it isn't just a mindless usage. Currently you can Dark Arts a Power Slash and it gives you so much aggro that you can pretty freely just combo Souleater the rest of a fight. If you're in Grit mana is a complete non-issue. If you're not, and you're in that 17s (EDIT: Or 25 if Delirium is on CD, still relatively trivial to make up via other means) window of Blood Weapon not being up you can just non-DA Carve and Slash or Quietus for the MP you might be down (a non-Grit Souleater only gives about 1/2 the MP needed to DA Souleater, so you will run out eventually without any other MP gain).

So yeah, that would be my thoughts. Bake DA stuff into Darkside and rebalance MP usage to account for it and toss DA entirely; or do the same and make Dark Arts much more of a potential "sacrifice" with a much greater gain. Not something you want to use every rotation but powerful enough to be worth a potential tradeoff. Maybe give you a DoT or reduce a % of your HP for a period of time or something, for a big buff to something. The inverse of Thrill of Battle effect. Lose 20% of your health to gain a bunch of damage or dramatically reduce the cooldown on Living Dead or something.

Regardless, as I said, I think Dark Arts is a hassle in its current state.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Hi guys!

So wife and I are at level 29, having just cleared the Maw of Toko something in the story quests.
    At this point, we're thinking of joining the guild, if that's allright, maintly to stave off all of these random guild invites we both keep getting. I saw one of you in Limsa the other day and said hi, but you were afk.

If anyone's around this evening (we usually log in at around 7:00 pm EST), please send me a tell. I'm Khartan Romundus, and she's Queen Nefertiri. Wife is playing on PS4 without a keyboard, so don't be offended if she doesn't reply if you write to her. I act as our mouthpiece :biggrin:

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Hi guys!

So wife and I are at level 29, having just cleared the Maw of Toko something in the story quests.
    At this point, we're thinking of joining the guild, if that's allright, maintly to stave off all of these random guild invites we both keep getting. I saw one of you in Limsa the other day and said hi, but you were afk.

If anyone's around this evening (we usually log in at around 7:00 pm EST), please send me a tell. I'm Khartan Romundus, and she's Queen Nefertiri. Wife is playing on PS4 without a keyboard, so don't be offended if she doesn't reply if you write to her. I act as our mouthpiece :biggrin:

I'd recommend getting her a cheap USB keyboard, just because there are some things where it comes in handy.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Hi guys!

I'd recommend getting her a cheap USB keyboard, just because there are some things where it comes in handy.

I have keyboards, that's not a problem, she's just not interested. She's playing this to hang out with me and isn't really ready to engage with other players. She's content to let me speak on her behalf when we're in dugeons, etc. If she's playing without me, it's likely just to grind or craft or something. That may change eventually, but bear in mind she's new to MMOs and not a very social person to begin with.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Hi guys!

I have keyboards, that's not a problem, she's just not interested. She's playing this to hang out with me and isn't really ready to engage with other players. She's content to let me speak on her behalf when we're in dugeons, etc. If she's playing without me, it's likely just to grind or craft or something. That may change eventually, but bear in mind she's new to MMOs and not a very social person to begin with.

I'm not saying to converse, but you'll eventually get quests that have you executing emotes or saying phrases, and a keyboard will make them easier.

Edit: And if she's going to craft, she'll want a keyboard to write macros.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    Hi guys!

I'm not saying to converse, but you'll eventually get quests that have you executing emotes or saying phrases, and a keyboard will make them easier.

Eh, we're not at that level. I've crafted my way to level 31 so far and haven't used macros yet. I might look some up later. As for the emotes, she's been doing it the menu-based way and it works just fine. Haven't run into any quests yet where you have to say phrases though, and I feel that would go against Square-Enix's policy of making the game accessible to console users.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hi guys!

Eh, we're not at that level. I've crafted my way to level 31 so far and haven't used macros yet. I might look some up later. As for the emotes, she's been doing it the menu-based way and it works just fine. Haven't run into any quests yet where you have to say phrases though, and I feel that would go against Square-Enix's policy of making the game accessible to console users.

Quests that require entering phrases are still doable on PS4 via the on-screen keyboard anyway.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    That and those quests are so few and far between that dealing with the inconvenience of entering one letter at a time via the controller isn't too terrible. Although, personally, if I were to get the game on PS4 again so I could play on the big TV, I'd hook up a keyboard and a mouse and try to approximate the PC experience as much as possible.

• Options
    SabreMau wrote: »
    That and those quests are so few and far between that dealing with the inconvenience of entering one letter at a time via the controller isn't too terrible. Although, personally, if I were to get the game on PS4 again so I could play on the big TV, I'd hook up a keyboard and a mouse and try to approximate the PC experience as much as possible.

And the ones that are dailies, you can easily just make a macro for.

XIV is totally doable without being conversational, particularly if you're already playing with someone physically with you. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, I would say it is decently common to come across people in a roulette where they're together and one person is doing the talking and the other is silent. I never really gave it much thought before, but it makes sense in this sort of context. Many many lifetimes ago when I tried to teach my wife how to play WoW, I actually turned off some of the public chats because I knew it would be both overwhelming and turn her off (these were the days of barrens chat being a...thing).

• Options
    Unrelated, I know I'm playing with fire bringing this up, but the absence of it is feeling kind of weird.

I was watching the Speakers podcast this weekend about the live letter and they were having a full on meltdown about the paid companion app stuff, and saying reddit and the official forums were in meltdown. But I go to the XIV reddit pretty frequently and haven't really seen any major reaction to it. I don't visit the official forums, so I don't really know there; but are people actually really bothered by the stuff?

Out of all the things they listed were part of the premium app stuff, the retainer > retainer stuff was the only one that really bugged me. Because it is an intensely massive headache to me that you can't, and if the app is going to allow that when the game doesnt, and only in the paid portion of the app at that... Buuuuuuut, I guess I'm not totally convinced that the feature won't also be coming to the game at the same time? Or at least I'm willing to wait and see? Plus, I guess, whether it does or doesn't, it won't actually hurt my gameplay experience.

Which isn't to say I don't think the whole thing isn't slimy as shit and someday I would be quite interested in a retrospective by the devs, long after the fact, as to how much of this was pushed down on them from above, and how much they genuinely thought was a good idea. Because while they were announcing that stuff, the looks on YoshiP and Fox's faces were...well, lets say sympathetic to the players.

The market board stuff I felt like was a non issue. People who are that dedicated to playing the market board are already poop socking that shit in-game. If they want to throw away their money to do it in an app instead, go to town. It doesn't provide any new functionality or allow anyone to do what they can't do, or aren't doing, already. I guess maybe a tiny bit more convenient? Sure. But I think I would find a tiny bit of satisfaction in the notion that someone cares enough about getting a few more gil in game that they would pay actual money for it; and still not have it be a good thing. Some people in the Speakers chat were saying it was almost RMT, but...nah. It's not. Unless RMT started taking your money and paying you through the profit margins of selling stacks of ingots at a tiny markdown. :lol:

Aside from that stuff, nearly everything else in 4.3 looks like it'll be great.

The 24man greed only thing still is baffling. I hope they clarify how that will work and maybe give it more thought. I could see, after a 24m has its loot lockout turned off, going that route; but while it is still enforced you've got to let people need on stuff. It's the reason they're there, and I don't believe you're going to convince people to re-run a 24m more than once a week by making it a bigger headache to get anything they could use. I think, instead, more people would just say "why would I bother with that shit?" Particularly in the middle 24m of an expansion.

• Options
    I can't wait to spend an entire week rerunning Ridorana repeatedly, failing to get the roll for my caster gear, because the Dragoon rolled higher.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I can't wait to spend an entire week rerunning Ridorana repeatedly, failing to get the roll for my caster gear, because the Dragoon rolled higher.

Yeah, that's just stupid. Hope you don't want to get chest or leg gear any time soon.

The whole weekly thing where you to run it over and over to maybe get something is bad, especially since there's like 7 or 8 drops per slot. It's bad enough to get tokens from the 8-man raids, but 24-man is... not fun.

If they were making it like, "Ivalician legging materials" as a drop you exhange for gear for your class it might work. But it's just so horrifically unfriendly for anyone trying to get the set.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    This will likely result in me running the mission once on Tuesday night for the coin, then ditching it for the rest of the week. This will not result in me running it all week, like they seem to want.

• Options
    I just don't see how Greed makes sense for raids. I was hoping it was a mistranslation, but it wasn't. Now I just hope they listen to folks and leave it unchanged.

But hey, at least there's a new Deep Dungeon. I was hoping that Eureka would let me level characters, but this will do.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Renzo wrote: »
    I just don't see how Greed makes sense for raids. I was hoping it was a mistranslation, but it wasn't. Now I just hope they listen to folks and leave it unchanged.

But hey, at least there's a new Deep Dungeon. I was hoping that Eureka would let me level characters, but this will do.

I'm thinking that the introduction of relic armor changed things. Relic armor is relatively easy to get, especially once you've completed the climb to 20, and is competitive with 360 non-upgradable gear,especially given the additional 1000 points of secondary stats available.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    Ugh. But Eureka has sounded like exactly the kind of grind I don't want to do in this game. On the other hand, the concept of going into Ridorana, seeing my gear appear, and having no chance of getting it because everyone rolls on everything for GC seals feels worse then that. Is that how they make Eureka more palatable? By making the other methods of getting gear feel even worse? "At least you can make progress over in Anemos."

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    New stuff isn't tradeable for GC seals for exactly that reason. Right now, I've got Rabanstre gear sitting in my inventory because they can't be turned into GC seals.

• Options
    Welp, I just unlocked Paladin, Scholar AND Summoner (Phew!) and the wife got her Ninja.

Great to see that Scholar and Summoner are both just considered Arcanist classes and thus level at the same time, so that cuts down on grind.

Speaking of Grind, can someone give me the down low on the deep dungeon? We've ignored it, but I read that it's not bad XP and can be duo-ed, is that true? What other rewards can you get out of it besides XP?

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    XP really is the main reward. You can find hidden treasure chests that contain Bronze-trimmed sacks in floors 1-50 and Iron-trimmed sacks in floors 50-100 that contain items and gear (mostly for glamour purposes) that can be used outside of Palace of the Dead.

It can be duo'd, but you'd really be better off going in with a matched party and getting a full group of four players. Makes the runs faster and easier. And the dungeon up to floor 100 is tuned to be completable by any party composition. So even four dps can succeed.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XP really is the main reward. You can find hidden treasure chests that contain Bronze-trimmed sacks in floors 1-50 and Iron-trimmed sacks in floors 50-100 that contain items and gear (mostly for glamour purposes) that can be used outside of Palace of the Dead.

It can be duo'd, but you'd really be better off going in with a matched party and getting a full group of four players. Makes the runs faster and easier. And the dungeon up to floor 100 is tuned to be completable by any party composition. So even four dps can succeed.

I see. Sounds like it's perhaps really meant to levelling up secondary/tertiary classes. Maybe we'll look into it if we get the expansions. For now, we'll just focus on getting the ARR story done and get to level 50 the traditional way, then see if wife likes it enough to keep going into the expacks.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    A perk of it is that it allows you to level any job to 60 separate from the actual levelling so you can get a small taste of the jobs at almost max level.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Yes, absolutely don't use PotD for leveling your first (or second, maybe even third) jobs.

Sure, do it if you hit a wall leveling (though you really shouldn't with the way XP is handed out these days and MSQ/side quests, for first/second jobs) or just once to have done it, up to 100 at least.

But you really don't want to be slogging through level 50 MSQ dungeons when you're well above 50, because you gained 20 levels in the middle in PotD. EDIT: didn't finish my thought: slogging through level 50 dungeons stuck in the MSQ and unable access non-crafted gear from 50-70 content because of it. When I finally started playing HW, there were so many MSQ things before I could start, as I had gotten 50 on everything prior to HW, but didn't play a bunch of patches before HW, that I actually got to 60 before I even started HW content. Yet couldn't get any HW gear. IIRC I was on my third 60 before I finally finished the 3.0 quests and could access HW gear.

Definitely just stick with the story and do dungeons as they open up, maybe fates here and there while you're questing.

PotD is nice for people like me, who have all but 3 jobs at 70, and have done every single sidequest in the game, and would otherwise be relying on spamming roulettes or wishing fatetrains still existed for leveling, and have no other way to level anymore.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Spamming roulettes is at least more variety than PotD over and over and over.

• Options
    The nice thing about potd is that it doesn't take your gear into account. You can wear whatever and do just fine. By contrast, you need to at least attempt to be geared for dungeons.

• Options
    The official translation of the last PLL is available. Regarding the move to Greed Only on 24 man raids:
    We’re planning to set the loot rule for all alliance raids to “Greed Only” starting in Patch 4.3. We originally intended the alliance raid rewards to be a means for players to obtain gear for their secondary jobs; however, it is difficult for players to participate on these other jobs while wearing lower item level gear. This leads to many simply having to go as their main jobs which makes them unable to hit Need on the items they really wanted, resulting in needing to run the content multiple times. To resolve this issue, we have decided to limit the loot rule to “Greed Only,” making it possible for players to join as their main jobs, while being able to obtain gear for their secondary jobs.

With that said, we will be reading over community feedback when deciding if we will continue this approach or not in the future.

• Options
    So, given the new dungeon, I'm going to bet that GEO is more or less a lock for 5.0 now. ENG is also in the running as well.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    The nice thing about potd is that it doesn't take your gear into account. You can wear whatever and do just fine. By contrast, you need to at least attempt to be geared for dungeons.

Yeah, fortunately though with SB and HW you can get relatively cheap vendor gear that is pretty high ilvl for the respective "end game" gear of the content prior to them.

So if you hit 50 well before you finish ARR MSQ you can get 110 gear which is way more than enough for any MSQ stuff before you get to HW MSQ stuff. Ditto for SB. I think the level 60 SB vendor gear is 250 or so, getting you above anything you need for all the HW MSQ dungeons.

Unfortunately you can't access the vendors to get said things until you reach their respective locations in the expansions.

Fortunately, you're on a server with a lot of people from right here! I would personally be more than happy to (and I imagine others too; if you joined GHOST I'm sure there's plenty of people in there who would also) get that stuff for you, if the need arises, and send it to you, to avoid any minimum ilvl wonkiness with MSQ dungeons.

Alternatively you can always craft them yourself if you level crafting since, unless I'm blanking on something, their recipes aren't gated by content. But leveling crafters is an undertaking I wouldn't necessarily recommend to new players.

EDIT: The last-ish leg of the ARR MSQ hands you up to two full 110 blue sets and a weapon, and I have no idea if they changed HW MSQ's to do the same for SB (If they did, and it was like the ARR ones, it would likely be the Torrent or whatever name your job has for the ilvl 240 set, I suspect); so you'll get that anyway following the MSQ, but it is after a lot of other dungeons I believe.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    The english Letter from the Producer digest is up.

It's super brief compared to how they did it in the past, but I guess this is the new way going forward, they're doing it?

Kind of a bummer.

Anyway, it's mostly all the stuff that was already translated from the stream, so no new stuff as far as I can tell. It's nice to have it from an official source though.

I had forgotten that they are changing the glamour commode (change the fucking name. that is a toilet) in 4.3 to allow you to withdraw items you've turned into glamour via it.

So that's nice! That's the thing that has prevented me from using it thus far, so if that is resolved, I might actually break down and figure the damn thing out.

Speaking of the "commode"; is there a way to craft one for your house? I glanced through recipes after it was put in, but I didn't look too hard, and wondered if it might be a specialist recipe or something.

• Options
    The official translation of the last PLL is available. Regarding the move to Greed Only on 24 man raids:
    We’re planning to set the loot rule for all alliance raids to “Greed Only” starting in Patch 4.3. We originally intended the alliance raid rewards to be a means for players to obtain gear for their secondary jobs; however, it is difficult for players to participate on these other jobs while wearing lower item level gear. This leads to many simply having to go as their main jobs which makes them unable to hit Need on the items they really wanted, resulting in needing to run the content multiple times. To resolve this issue, we have decided to limit the loot rule to “Greed Only,” making it possible for players to join as their main jobs, while being able to obtain gear for their secondary jobs.

With that said, we will be reading over community feedback when deciding if we will continue this approach or not in the future.

Maybe raids shouldn't be upgrades then?

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

The 24 man raids have always been more of a catchup mechanism.

• Options
    edited April 2018

I could swear they've usually been at least on par with the top tier (or at least excluding extreme stuff).

I could just be mixing up when things came out.

Polaritie on
  • Options

I could swear they've usually been at least on par with the top tier (or at least excluding extreme stuff).

I could just be mixing up when things came out.

They're always ilevel equivalent to high tomestone gear, but are unable to be upgraded. Sometimes, the stats can be more beneficial, but overall, they tend to pale in comparison.

• Options

Yeah, fortunately though with SB and HW you can get relatively cheap vendor gear that is pretty high ilvl for the respective "end game" gear of the content prior to them.

So if you hit 50 well before you finish ARR MSQ you can get 110 gear which is way more than enough for any MSQ stuff before you get to HW MSQ stuff. Ditto for SB. I think the level 60 SB vendor gear is 250 or so, getting you above anything you need for all the HW MSQ dungeons.

Unfortunately you can't access the vendors to get said things until you reach their respective locations in the expansions.

Fortunately, you're on a server with a lot of people from right here! I would personally be more than happy to (and I imagine others too; if you joined GHOST I'm sure there's plenty of people in there who would also) get that stuff for you, if the need arises, and send it to you, to avoid any minimum ilvl wonkiness with MSQ dungeons.

Alternatively you can always craft them yourself if you level crafting since, unless I'm blanking on something, their recipes aren't gated by content. But leveling crafters is an undertaking I wouldn't necessarily recommend to new players.

EDIT: The last-ish leg of the ARR MSQ hands you up to two full 110 blue sets and a weapon, and I have no idea if they changed HW MSQ's to do the same for SB (If they did, and it was like the ARR ones, it would likely be the Torrent or whatever name your job has for the ilvl 240 set, I suspect); so you'll get that anyway following the MSQ, but it is after a lot of other dungeons I believe.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

In wife and I progress news: We just cleared the the "Madam Bathory" Manor in Gridania, and we're both level 32 now. I'm also a level 32 Blacksmith and Miner, and Queen is trying out leatherworking. She's starting to feel the sting of being locked out of certain things due to still being on a trial basis, (no marketplace access, and I can't give her the weapons I'm making) so I expect she'll be signing up for real in a few days. On another fron, she's told me she's having lots of fun and is starting to read material outside of the game, however, she can't stand the cut scenes and skips them all, so she has no idea what the story is about and she's also told me she is starting to feel addicted and it's freaking her out a little bit.

That being said, Mom in Law and company are coming over on the weekend, so I don't know how much time we'll get to play, but that might actually be good for Queen, so we'll take a short break and see how she feels next week. Regardless of what Queen decides, I'll probably stick around for a little bit longer, because I'm having lots of fun, but I would be real bummed out if Queen decides it's not for her.

For those who didn't know, I did get into GHOST a few days ago, so feel free to say hi! (I'm Khartan Romundus)

Question: Is it possible to get a house by yourself, outside of our shared guild lodgings, or am I limited to renting a room inside the guild house? I saw some plots for sale at around 1mil, and seeing as I'm at 250k right now, I can see that being within reach. Having our own plot of land in-game would be fun for Queen and I, I think, as she loves "home" games and would have a blast designing our in-game house.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's possible.

Cut scenes can be watched afterwards in inn rooms or the FC house, and since the story is pretty good I would recommend binge watching them one day when you feel up to it.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Access to housing requires:

* Reach level 50
    * Complete 2.0
    * Reach 2LT in your GC.

• Options
    It's possible.

Cut scenes can be watched afterwards in inn rooms or the FC house, and since the story is pretty good I would recommend binge watching them one day when you feel up to it.

Queen finds the characters "talk too much" and their use of overwrought fantasy language rubs her the wrong way. Basically her reaction boild down to "Yeah yeah, just tell me where to go and who to kill!". There have been a few characters she's enjoyed, and the lalafell names make her laugh, but she finds most of the main cast, like the Scions, to be boring and tedious.

* Reach level 50
    * Complete 2.0
    * Reach 2LT in your GC.

I'm well on my way on most of those requirements, but I'm not sure what "complete 2.0" means. Does that mean the main ARR questline? If you have to have "finished" ARR to buy housing, why do they introduce you to housing so early in the game? Seems like a mean tease.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    It's possible.

Queen finds the characters "talk too much" and their use of overwrought fantasy language rubs her the wrong way. Basically her reaction boild down to "Yeah yeah, just tell me where to go and who to kill!". There have been a few characters she's enjoyed, and the lalafell names make her laugh, but she finds most of the main cast, like the Scions, to be boring and tedious.

* Reach level 50
    * Complete 2.0
    * Reach 2LT in your GC.

I'm well on my way on most of those requirements, but I'm not sure what "complete 2.0" means. Does that mean the main ARR questline? If you have to have "finished" ARR to buy housing, why do they introduce you to housing so early in the game? Seems like a mean tease.

Because you have access to your FC house as soon as you join, plus the houses of any friends that are homeowners. And yes, completing 2.0 means finishing the main ARR storyline (you'll see people use patch numbers as shorthand for "where in the game are you".)

And since you're in your mid-30s, you're getting close to a major gut punch in the story.

Edit: Patches:

1.x: Legacy (we don't talk about Legacy.)
    2.0: A Realm Reborn
    2.1: A Realm Awoken
    2.2: Through the Maelstrom
    2.3: Defenders of Eorzea
    2.4: Dreams of Ice
    2.5/2.55: Before the Fall
    3.0: Heavensward
    3.1: As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness
    3.2: The Gears of Change
    3.3: Revenge of the Horde
    3.4: Soul Survivor (it is recommended that you clear T13 prior!)
    3.5/3.55: The Far Edge of Fate
    4.0: Stormblood
    4.1: The Legend Returns
    4.2: Rise of a New Sun (we are currently at 4.25.)
    4.3: Under the Moonlight (ETA: mid-late May)

AngelHedgie on
This discussion has been closed.