As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[LGBT] a transformative experience thread -NEW THREAD POSTED-

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hi I am Bleric, am bi/pan (world is full of TOO MANY CUTE PEOPLE)

also yes in case it had not come up and does at some later point, spool32 is my dad, I am a 2nd gen forum poster

I like sense8 and cute comics and cartoons and also ALL OF YOU YOU ARE ALL SO NICE
    Wait shit hold on were you at fancy dinner in San Antonio at pax

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Heya thread, it's me, Danielle. I'm a transwoman and I am happy to be alive.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Yo, I'm Zonugal and I'm bi.

But more accurately, I'm all of this:

CYP_52fVAAErGJ2.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I literally just started HRT, so this should be fun

Does any of yours smell minty?
    Someone brought up spiro smelling minty and I can't not smell it now

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    here is a comparison pic after 22 months of HRT for me!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Yo I'm credeiki

I'm bi but the invisible married kind
    I present as fairly obviously afab nonbinary for the moment but am secretly a dude; some day it won't be so secret; it's a process.

Generally I still find the issue somewhat difficult to discuss, but I'm making an effort.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

also yes in case it had not come up and does at some later point, spool32 is my dad, I am a 2nd gen forum poster

I like sense8 and cute comics and cartoons and also ALL OF YOU YOU ARE ALL SO NICE

no I wasn't that was my brother @Squeakel

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

I remember seeing you a few months after HRT and being absolutely stunned about what a perfect cute chubby girl you became

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Part of me thinks I might be a gay guy stuck in a woman's body

Another part of me thinks that first part is being totally goddamn ridiculous and offensively appropriating

The third part of me just really wants a curry

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

I remember seeing you a few months after HRT and being absolutely stunned about what a perfect cute chubby girl you became

It's workin' so good <3

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Ya gotta go to the Eastern dinner to see a wild Bleric.

• Options
    It is my goal to go to all paxen and meet all you nerds.

Shit, pax was the only reason I got to hang out with one of my podcast folks. We've been doing this for like three years and I've met 1 of them in person aside from the ones I'm related to

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I really want to make it to even one pax :(

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I might do a pax next year?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
  • Options
    If I am at a pax with anyone they are invited to board game stupidity with friends and I

Tube is good at codenames and untrustworthy at secret Hitler

Also I like to hug folks. So just let me know when we meet if you're not a hugger haha

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Part of me thinks I might be a gay guy stuck in a woman's body

Another part of me thinks that first part is being totally goddamn ridiculous and offensively appropriating

The third part of me just really wants a curry

Listen to that third part. Seems to have shit figured out.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I managed to get as far as buying tickets and booking a hotel to pax east last year, but it ended up being that my store opened like the week before pax, and I just couldn't justify leaving that weekend.
    In retrospect I wish I had, but still it was the right decision at the time.

Now with working on weekends I don't know that I'd be able to take the time anymore

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    If I am at a pax with anyone they are invited to board game stupidity with friends and I

Also I like to hug folks. So just let me know when we meet if you're not a hugger haha

I feel bad because I think I only saw you at the fancy dinner and even then, I kept confusing you and Giggles Funsworth for some reason? like, Mentally.

• Options
    PsycohedPsycohed On a Fool's ErrandRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

And that's the point. I didn't wanna get too into it in my post upthread (things were so posi!), but I think it's important to remember that these shitbirds are on record as saying they're specifically doing this in order to challenge Obergefell v Hodges. Like, literally the words "I would like to see Obergefell overturned."

Could they feasibly do it? Fucking who even knows anymore, IANAL, probably not? I fucking hope not? But it's not for lack of trying, and they are doing everything in their power right now to let us know that our marriages are exactly as legally real as the Republican party wants them to be.

brig_banner.png
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Hey shut up introductions are still going on

Hi, I'm Emby. I'm gender queer and asexual.

I also suffer from cptsd and major depression with a side of psychosis. And fucking chronic Lyme disease.

I've been out and transitioning for almost six years now. I'm also incredibly open about my conditions and identities and don't mind answering respectful questions when I have the energy

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Im v v v v positive if i was amab id have ended up a gay dude bear

If i could hop into a machine and spend time in a male bear body id be down for that for a while but not permanently

Kochikens on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Heya thread! I'm Ellen, and I'm a trans lady and a lesbian.

I'm visiting my family on a lake for 4th of July weekend and I miiiiiiight try swimming for the first time in like a decade and a half? I dunno, I miraculously found myself in possesion of a couple of bathing suits that are somehow kind of decent looking and it could potentially happen.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options

I feel bad because I think I only saw you at the fancy dinner and even then, I kept confusing you and Giggles Funsworth for some reason? like, Mentally.

There's always next time! More nerds! More old fashioneds!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Hi! I'm Tom, queer, working on recovering from depression, a lurker of these threads more than a poster (working on fixing that too), and above all really glad this thread and community exists. I love you all <3

Also this week has taught me that I need to shave my hair/legs far more often than I do, which until this week was almost never. I missed how smooth and great this feels.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Hi, I'm Rowan and I'm a trans woman. Which has kind of been a placeholder name but it's growing on me.

Everyone in my life is being cool and supportive, I'm getting more comfortable in myself and my first gender identity clinic appointment is next week. I'm quietly bricking it and waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under me.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    hello I am Matt

it's easier to tell you what I ain't then what I is

still figuring that bit out

I'll get back to you

• Options
    Rowan is a REALLY cool name!!

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Hi I'm Drew

I don't often feel like I belong in these threads as I have ultimate passing privilege as a bi/pan cis man in a monogomous hetero marriage. I'm very happy in my relationship but I do feel like a poser when identifying in any part as lgbt. I'm the milk toast of lgbt.

This is also the first time I've identified in a non private space. So there's that!

• Options
    Hi I'm Drew

I don't often feel like I belong in these threads as I have ultimate passing privilege as a bi/pan cis man in a monogomous hetero marriage. I'm very happy in my relationship but I do feel like a poser when identifying in any part as lgbt. I'm the milk toast of lgbt.

This is also the first time I've identified in a non private space. So there's that!

I feel that, as a cishet-passing ace nb who just pretends to be some ordinary dude, it's hard to feel like I belong anywhere.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Hi I'm Drew

I feel that, as a cishet-passing ace nb who just pretends to be some ordinary dude, it's hard to feel like I belong anywhere.

https://youtu.be/3qVPNONdF58

We all feel like the bee girl sometimes

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    There are no gatekeepers here.

• Options
    Hi I'm Drew

Unavailable in my country?

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Y'all belong here. And anyone who dares suggest otherwise can eat a whole shit.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Hi I'm Drew

Unavailable in my country?

Oh goddammit

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    There are no gatekeepers here.

A couple of us are Keymasters, though.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    No dana, zuul, etc

• Options
    Hi I'm Drew

You belong!!

Grats on identifying publicly for the first time!

HUG!!

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Apropos of nothing I saw a comment elsewhere from a trans woman who went full-time at age 8

Kinda makes my head spin a bit, in a good way

"You mean you just got to be you for as far back as you can remember? What's that even like?"

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Hi, I'm kale

I'm a bi cis woman in a wonderful marriage with a queer man. Tend to be quiet in this thread, but I'm always checking in on everyone and glad you're all here.

This discussion has been closed.