Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[GAME OVER!] Phallanoia! [WE WIN!]

1596061626365»

Posts

  • life3life3 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I knew the network was a farce, but damn, Squashua faking a special? What took you mutants so long?


    We knew so little about the actual rules, but now seeing them:

    Why did Rygar fake a special and why didn't the Computer kill him as admitting to be in a secret organization is treason?

    Why couldn't the real seers reveal themselves or their seerings without dying? How are they supposed to be useful?

    The pills were completely useless.



    All in all, fun game. Would have liked to see regular Red Clearance citizens have a bit more accuracy with their blasters. By the time we could actually hit anything, we were fucked. We might have even been able to deduce something from the results of blaster accuracy.

    life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    [size=+1]If anyone here knows Malkor[/size], can you please check to see if he is physically OK?

    I know he has a crappy wireless connection, but he hasn't posted since Friday.

    Like, maybe he lives in Kansas or something. D:

    Squashua on
    humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    life3 wrote: »
    Why did Rygar fake a special and why didn't the Computer kill him as admitting to be in a secret organization is treason?

    Had we held out and not converted Rygar, I totally could have gotten him killed by analyzing his claim.

    Ultraviolets never slum with Reds.

    edit The Mutants played an excellent game, by the way.

    Squashua on
    humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I <3 your day four summarization.

    Unearthly Stew on
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    life3 wrote: »
    I knew the network was a farce, but damn, Squashua faking a special? What took you mutants so long?


    We knew so little about the actual rules, but now seeing them:

    Why did Rygar fake a special and why didn't the Computer kill him as admitting to be in a secret organization is treason?

    Why couldn't the real seers reveal themselves or their seerings without dying? How are they supposed to be useful?

    The pills were completely useless.



    All in all, fun game. Would have liked to see regular Red Clearance citizens have a bit more accuracy with their blasters. By the time we could actually hit anything, we were fucked. We might have even been able to deduce something from the results of blaster accuracy.

    The mutants had a guardian to deal with, and I did deduce something from the blaster accuracy. The problem was, if I came out with information about auto-miss blasters, I'd be toast.

    Celebrim on
  • life3life3 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    The two mutants were the two people I trusted the most in this game :<

    When I saw that reveal I was like:
    "Et tu, the Stew?"

    You were so supportive of my network suspicions. Maybe one day, mutants and humans will live in harmony!

    life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    I <3 your day four summarization.
    2 of the 4 named in the "Friendwork" are killed by mutants.

    We had nothing to do with that, but immediately that meant either
    1 - Mazlo (long on our lists to kill) was a mutant
    or
    2 - Wenchkilla was a mutant that was playing "The Network".
    or
    3 - Mutant RNG can read minds

    Those lines, I'm assuming. :lol:

    Squashua on
    humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh and (from the summation on the proboard):

    ...
    Otakud00d -> Rygar (miss)
    Rygar -> Celebrim (miss)
    Celebrim -> Otakud00d (hit???)
    Robothero -> Otakud00d (hit???)
    Infidel -> Celebrim (hit???)

    At least Rygar and Celebrim and Robothero will live.

    COMMIE KILLS
    The 2 Commie kills are Celebrim and Infidel

    This leaves at least Rygar and Robothero.

    VOTES
    Robothero is voting for Infidel.
    Rygar should be voting for Robothero at this point
    With Infidel dead, this defaults to Robothero.

    Rygar and the commies win.

    The only way this can fuck up is
    - if Rygar and Otaku don't log in at the last minute and switch their votes to robothero
    or
    - if the mutant is not killed by a ZAP and attacks Rygar.
    ....


    I had Rygar targetted, so we would have killed each other post-zap. My sacrifices to the zapper RNG were insufficient though. Did we ever hear the zapper success percentages from EBM?

    Celebrim on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Celebrim wrote: »
    Did we ever hear the zapper success percentages from EBM?

    In the Reveal Post:
    Game Twists:
    1. As of the first day, the Zap command has a 25% success rate. This will improve to 50% on Day 3, and if need be 75% on Day 5.

    Squashua on
    humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Celebrim wrote: »
    Did we ever hear the zapper success percentages from EBM?

    In the Reveal Post:
    Game Twists:
    1. As of the first day, the Zap command has a 25% success rate. This will improve to 50% on Day 3, and if need be 75% on Day 5.

    Sweet, with a 25% chance I took out my nemesis Athan (Elendil). I can now retire a happy man from Phalla, right?*

    *I lie, I love playing these games.

    Ardor on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »
    Celebrim wrote: »
    Did we ever hear the zapper success percentages from EBM?

    In the Reveal Post:
    Game Twists:
    1. As of the first day, the Zap command has a 25% success rate. This will improve to 50% on Day 3, and if need be 75% on Day 5.

    Sweet, with a 25% chance I took out my nemesis Athan (Elendil). I can now retire a happy man from Phalla, right?*

    *I lie, I love playing these games.
    holtcommiedh8.jpg
    [size=+5]ATHAN-SKI![/size]

    Squashua on
    humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I forgot to mention good game all, I had a blast. I prefer a commie victory over those bloody troublshooter meatbags. (if only I was a robot...)

    Unearthly Stew on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just realized that the fact I made it past last night's zappings meant that I survived a blast that had a 75% chance of hitting me. Wow. I almost said two, but now I see that Cerebrim's mutant zapper misses as well.

    OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It is at least seven kinds of unfair that I signed up to shoot people for the sheer fun of it only to get assigned a role with a non-functioning blaster.

    Verdammt!

    Elendil on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Once Senor Fish zapped me and we were talking about putting 2 per person I started to get nervous until Celebrim came on. :)

    Unearthly Stew on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This game basically solidified my inklings about "Fuck groups, I'll go it alone".

    DarkPrimus on
    wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm pretty sure I had an excellent shooting record. pew pew

    With no reveals I hadn't a clue how to figure my targets so I kinda went on whims. I'll take satisfaction in melting the last mutant even though it couldn't change anything. :)

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I had an excellent shooting record. pew pew

    With no reveals I hadn't a clue how to figure my targets so I kinda went on whims. I'll take satisfaction in melting the last mutant even though it couldn't change anything. :)


    Did you get my PM or just ignore it out of hand. I knew you 5 had working zappers so I was trying to sway you at Rygar.

    Celebrim on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I received PMs on who to shoot from both Rygar and yourself.

    I kinda just ignored them. When he singled the two of us out, I figured he thought the mutant was one of us, and I knew I was just a troubleshooter so I decided what the hell and zapped you.

    <3

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You had to shoot my partner even though there were commies about, huh Infidel? I thought we were lovers too. :(

    Unearthly Stew on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You had to shoot my partner even though there were commies about, huh Infidel? I thought we were lovers too. :(

    I'll never forget that night. Never.

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    And Last Son - my character concept was simply a viable play on the Guardian concept.
    A Guardian aganst ZAPs and Commies, but not Mutants and the vote, with % chance of self-death.

    Oh it made mechanical sense, but it didn't make sense thematically. And since EBM had done a good job following paranoia lore on everything else it struck me as false, same as Rygar's.

    Last Son on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just found the postgame show. My Random Irrational Zap hit a commie! Yay!

    Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hey EBM, what killed Digger Dude? FWD's Zap or his own reflected?

    Last Son on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »
    And Last Son - my character concept was simply a viable play on the Guardian concept.
    A Guardian aganst ZAPs and Commies, but not Mutants and the vote, with % chance of self-death.

    Oh it made mechanical sense, but it didn't make sense thematically. And since EBM had done a good job following paranoia lore on everything else it struck me as false, same as Rygar's.

    Why would that strike as false? I went with straight Paranoia lore.
    Registered mutants are canon (and should be shot out of a canon) since 1st edition with the little skill trees.

    Squashua on
    humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Hey EBM, what killed Digger Dude? FWD's Zap or his own reflected?

    Someone zapped an IntSec and paid for it.

    EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Last Son wrote: »
    Hey EBM, what killed Digger Dude? FWD's Zap or his own reflected?

    Someone zapped an IntSec and paid for it.

    He didn't zap an IntSec, he zapped me(Reflec Armor).

    Squashua wrote: »
    Last Son wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »
    And Last Son - my character concept was simply a viable play on the Guardian concept.
    A Guardian aganst ZAPs and Commies, but not Mutants and the vote, with % chance of self-death.

    Oh it made mechanical sense, but it didn't make sense thematically. And since EBM had done a good job following paranoia lore on everything else it struck me as false, same as Rygar's.

    Why would that strike as false? I went with straight Paranoia lore.
    Registered mutants are canon (and should be shot out of a canon) since 1st edition with the little skill trees.

    What sort of power would protect you from being framed as a communist? Offhand the only one I can think of would be Machine Empathy, which is an instant death sentence.

    Last Son on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My router died on my on Friday. I can't help but feel we would have won the entire thing. Thanks AT&T, thanks for losing us the game.

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    We did win, Malkor.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh. well then. I figured the 'we win' counted for the majority

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Go and find the win post.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah I just read it.

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This "we" business is commy-talk!

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »
    Last Son wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »
    And Last Son - my character concept was simply a viable play on the Guardian concept.
    A Guardian aganst ZAPs and Commies, but not Mutants and the vote, with % chance of self-death.

    Oh it made mechanical sense, but it didn't make sense thematically. And since EBM had done a good job following paranoia lore on everything else it struck me as false, same as Rygar's.

    Why would that strike as false? I went with straight Paranoia lore.
    Registered mutants are canon (and should be shot out of a canon) since 1st edition with the little skill trees.

    What sort of power would protect you from being framed as a communist?

    As I had explained, it was an Energy Field. A "force field" if you would.
    Commies were all about "planting evidence on a person".

    With a forcefield up, commies would not be able to physically plant anything on me as they would not be able to approach close enough to me to be effective.

    The Mutants used mental energy to blow up people; therefore they could kill me.

    edit MALKOR! Glad to see you're alive. It was risky, but we did win!

    Squashua on
    humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
Sign In or Register to comment.