As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Advertising [Chat]

12728303233100

Posts

  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Hahnsoo1
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    You ever go to a meeting and you hear a problem you know how to solve, but you remain quiet because you don't want to "become IT."

    Yeah that was me. I knew the answer, it was easy, she installed the wrong drivers, and needs to remove the old and install the new ones. I didn't tell her.

    zepherin on
    PreacherSummaryJudgmentDuke 2.0Elldren
  • BogartBogart Gonna Be A Man In Motion Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    did the euro and night owl American chatters do anything noteworthy overnight?

    cliffs notes version please.

    Cass found out she had pneumonia and then got locked out of her house.

  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    I have physical evidence that sex is not always about comfort
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Today is not going by very fast while "working".

    there were 10 cars in the entire parking lot today when I rolled up at 9:10
    These are related.

    Sir Landsharkjungleroomxkedinik
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    did the euro and night owl American chatters do anything noteworthy overnight?

    cliffs notes version please.

    Cass found out she had pneumonia and then got locked out of her house.

    wait serious?

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    zepherinHahnsoo1
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    a

    there you go get ti all out of your system

    Sir LandsharkzepherinKruite
  • BogartBogart Gonna Be A Man In Motion Registered User, Moderator mod
    To be precise, she found out she was recovering from pneumonia. I think.

    zepherin
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    Pneumonia sucks.

  • DynagripDynagrip Rattlesnake on the trigger HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    To be precise, she found out she was recovering from pneumonia. I think.

    mycoplasma/walking pneumonia or what? That sent my sister into the psch-ish word last week because she hadn't been giving a specific antibiotic for a week or so. It can set off an autoimmune response that attacks the brain. Fun times!

    Strep anti-antibodies put me on medical leave for two weeks. Nice to have a very likely root cause for such shenanigans but also disheartening in some ways. Getting my tonsils out is supposed to help (they serve as strep reservoirs). I have to take special effort to keep from getting to run down at work, which I should have been doing all the time, but it can be difficult when you care about career progression and shit. Or are given a very challenging problem that can lock in OCD. Anyhoo.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Bleh being at work, hopefully everyone else fucked off today so I can do nothing.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    zepherinQanamiljungleroomx
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Bleh being at work, hopefully everyone else fucked off today so I can do nothing.
    I did my work today, I don't want to do shit right now.

  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I wonder what it would be like to put gold bond on my dick and then have sex

    A friend ran to urgent care with acute symptoms of what she assumed to be an STI until the doctor realized it was her boyfriend having applied gold bond before going for a run earlier.

    zepherinBlameless Cleric
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    You ever go to a meeting and you hear a problem you know how to solve, but you remain quiet because you don't want to "become IT."

    Yeah that was me. I knew the answer, it was easy, she installed the wrong drivers, and needs to remove the old and install the new ones. I didn't tell her.

    That's me with a lot of things. Because I've found saying something is a good way of calling attention to yourself that can be negative. And if you are wrong for whatever reason that's what people will remember.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    zepherin
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    our cayman islands team is off for 4th of July

    I call bullshit

    you don't get the queens birthday and american independence day off you fucks

    Kruite
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I wonder what it would be like to put gold bond on my dick and then have sex

    ugh no way, that sounds like a terrible thing to happen to a vagina

    SleepbowenOneAngryPossumBurnagejungleroomxElldrenBlameless Cleric
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    21stCentury
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Guys corruption and personally profiting from your political position is just an out in the open thing now. Hypocrisy is dead. Mitch McConnell killed it years ago.

    Oh man

    I saw this after talking about gold bond and had like a cold water shock of posting in the wrong thread

    Lol sorry

    In a quirky turn of events I too recently bought gold bond spray!
    baby?

    Nah it's for me. Gotta find the purest no super weird chemicals added to make it a spray thing for baby.

    zepherinElldren
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    I wonder what it would be like to put gold bond on my dick and then have sex

    A friend ran to urgent care with acute symptoms of what she assumed to be an STI until the doctor realized it was her boyfriend having applied gold bond before going for a run earlier.

    Other things to remember

    - always wash your hands really well after cutting a jalepeno. or using paint thinner.

    like really well

    bowenOneAngryPossumDuke 2.0ElldrenBlameless Cleric
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    These are some pretty amazing mental gymnastics.

  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    last night we were playing OW and I got ulted by the enemy Reinhardt as Tracer. he lines up a charge and I'm like, welp, I'm fucked guys.

    then @porp heroically boosted in as DVa and took the charge for me so I could live

    <3<3<3<3

    my hero

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    So It GoesskippydumptruckPowerpuppieskediniktyrannusKid PresentableKruiteElldren
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    I wonder what it would be like to put gold bond on my dick and then have sex

    A friend ran to urgent care with acute symptoms of what she assumed to be an STI until the doctor realized it was her boyfriend having applied gold bond before going for a run earlier.

    Other things to remember

    - always wash your hands really well after cutting a jalepeno. or using paint thinner.

    like really well

    Do it before you use the bathroom too.

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    last night we were playing OW and I got ulted by the enemy Reinhardt as Tracer. he lines up a charge and I'm like, welp, I'm fucked guys.

    then @porp heroically boosted in as DVa and took the charge for me so I could live

    <3<3<3<3

    my hero

    did you both live

    did the reinhardt die

    I'M ASKING THE HARD QUESTIONS SHARK

    sig.gif
    Sir Landshark
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    So It Goes wrote: »
    - always wash your hands really well after cutting a jalepeno. or using paint thinner.

    like really well

    I once went to have a pee after chopping jalapenos.

    Wash your hands, kids! Before and after.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    These are some pretty amazing mental gymnastics.


    Ahh yeah the sylvia plath "We're all dying" form of health insurance, ok good argument.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    wanderingDuke 2.0
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    You ever go to a meeting and you hear a problem you know how to solve, but you remain quiet because you don't want to "become IT."

    Yeah that was me. I knew the answer, it was easy, she installed the wrong drivers, and needs to remove the old and install the new ones. I didn't tell her.

    So in this kind of situation, I usually go:

    1) Your support person is X, please reach out to them and they'll take care of you.

    2) Hey X, person Y is gonna reach out to you. Sounds like the issue might be Z, but I know you are better at this than I am.

    That way you have managed the incident and expectations, passed the buck, and helped solve the issue!

    He/Him
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    last night we were playing OW and I got ulted by the enemy Reinhardt as Tracer. he lines up a charge and I'm like, welp, I'm fucked guys.

    then porp heroically boosted in as DVa and took the charge for me so I could live

    <3<3<3<3

    my hero

    did you both live

    did the reinhardt die

    I'M ASKING THE HARD QUESTIONS SHARK

    yes and yes

    I saved a clip but it turns out the rein died shortly after making contact with porp's DVa

    BUT IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    HHhuh.

    John Oliver made a slenderman joke during a bit about Gerrymandering?

    huh.

    (I'm from canada and they think i'm a bit slow, eh.)

  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    One female entrepreneur recounted how she had been propositioned by a Silicon Valley venture capitalist while seeking a job with him, which she did not land after rebuffing him. Another showed the increasingly suggestive messages she had received from a start-up investor. And one chief executive described how she had faced numerous sexist comments from an investor while raising money for her online community website.

    What happened afterward was often just as disturbing, the women told The New York Times. Many times, the investors’ firms and colleagues ignored or played down what had happened when the situations were brought to their attention. Saying anything, the women were warned, might lead to ostracism.

    Now some of these female entrepreneurs have decided to take that risk. More than two dozen women in the technology start-up industry spoke to The Times in recent days about being sexually harassed. Ten of them named the investors involved

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/30/technology/women-entrepreneurs-speak-out-sexual-harassment.html

    TL DRwanderingKid PresentableHahnsoo1ElldrenBlameless Cleric
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    you know what they say, "1 death is a tragedy, 1 million deaths is a republican health care bill"

    PreacherHerrCronEchoElldren
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

    I love Pusheen.

    I ate an engineer
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    sarah and I registered our cars today and we have consecutive license plate numbers and it's weird!

    Powerpuppies
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Preacher wrote: »

    I've been pretty amazed at the optics of the protests against the anti-fascist demonstrations.

    Like, antifa groups protest against fascism and the fringe groups that call themselves patriots and freedom fighters organize against antifa demonstrations, and it's like, how do you think that's going to play out in public perception?

    Nova_C on
    SleepElldren
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    also georgia does a tax on cars based on the value of your vehicle, up front

    and then thereafter you pay $20/year for new tags

    the tax on both of our cars was almost $4000

    suuuuuuuuuuucks

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

    I've been pretty amazed at the optics of the protests against the anti-fascist demonstrations.

    Like, antifa groups protest against fascism and the fringe groups that call themselves patriots and freedom fighters organize against antifa demonstrations, and it's like, how do you think that's going to play out in public perception?

    Pretty sure anyone who organizes as a "patriot or freedom fighter" doesn't really put much cognitive thought into what they are doing.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Nova_CSleepElldren
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    AND I already paid sales tax on my car when I bought it in texas, originally

    *throws tea into harbor*

    Blameless Cleric
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    also georgia does a tax on cars based on the value of your vehicle, up front

    and then thereafter you pay $20/year for new tags

    the tax on both of our cars was almost $4000

    suuuuuuuuuuucks

    You had to pay tax on your car twice?

    I thought you lived in AMERICA.

  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Oooh, lets talk about chemistry Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I wonder what it would be like to put gold bond on my dick and then have sex

    ugh no way, that sounds like a terrible thing to happen to a vagina

    A vagina is a terrible thing to waste.

  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    Sweet old Lancelot is getting dental work done, so I'm anxiously drinking tea at the nearest cafe

  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I wonder what it would be like to put gold bond on my dick and then have sex

    ugh no way, that sounds like a terrible thing to happen to a vagina

    He didn't specify vaginal sex. Don't kinkshame.

    PreacherzepherinSo It Goesknitdan
This discussion has been closed.