As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Advertising [Chat]

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Cubeworld is still around, huh?

Nice.

I feel for the dev. Everything I've read said this was always intended to be the pace of development, but he just wanted to talk about it. He got so much pressure to release an early access version that he gave in and then has had nothing but shade thrown at him for not releasing more content faster.

I'm glad he's kept going with it, though. I did buy it, and it was neat.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Echo wrote: »
    I look forward to playing it in 2034.

It's cool that you're willing to go for early access, but I'll pass. i'll wait for full release in 2085

I bought Cube World pre-alpha/whatever in 2013 before it was cool.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Cubeworld is still around, huh?

Nice.

I feel for the dev. Everything I've read said this was always intended to be the pace of development, but he just wanted to talk about it. He got so much pressure to release an early access version that he gave in and then has had nothing but shade thrown at him for not releasing more content faster.

I'm glad he's kept going with it, though. I did buy it, and it was neat.

A cautionary tale on giving nerds what they want.
    They can never be happy.
    Never be satisfied.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    So, I am quite literally the biggest baby ever about horror anything, or even suspense. I had to sleep with the lights on after 3 episodes of Stranger Things (and couldn't finish it), had to leave the room partway through The Mummy, could barely watch Supernatural (it's the absolute outside of my tolerance), and NO ONE EVER BELIEVES ME

EVER

And all my life I always get bullied into watching scary movies at sleepovers or parties and then when I'm under a blanket shaking and going "TELL ME WHAT'S HAPPENING BUT I CAN'T LOOK" and then need to leave a light on to go to bed, people get SO MAD at me even if I gave many many warnings and even if they bullied and berated me into watching

Basically it is the worst

Anyway last night Pinecone was like "Ooh what if we watched Twin Peaks with dinner?" And I was like

Uh

No

And he was like "really it's not scary"

And I was like "no you really do not understand" and then explained all the things, as usual, and he was still like nooo it'll be fiiiine, so against all my better instincts I agreed to watch Twin Peaks

And we watched 4 episodes and.. it was really good! And really scary! And I hid under a blanket for some of it and was like WHAT'S GOING ON WHAT DID SHE SEE and.. Pinecone didn't get mad at me at all?? And described what was going on onscreen and hugged me the whole time we were watching, and then when we went to bed and I jumped and screamed because I bumped into a table on the way he didn't get mad then either even tho I scared him ??? And then when our bedroom fan's horrible KACHUNK KACHUNK sound was freaking me out he went and got the other, quieter fan, and he also locked our bedroom door and snuggled (even tho he does not like sleep snuggling) and told me stuff about his childhood dog until I fell asleep

???????????

He was like "oh this is nbd, I'm just glad we get to experience this show I love together"

So maybe I can watch horror things a little bit maybe (but only with Pinecone)

Also he is seriously the best

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    So, I am quite literally the biggest baby ever about horror anything, or even suspense. I had to sleep with the lights on after 3 episodes of Stranger Things (and couldn't finish it), had to leave the room partway through The Mummy, could barely watch Supernatural (it's the absolute outside of my tolerance), and NO ONE EVER BELIEVES ME

EVER

And all my life I always get bullied into watching scary movies at sleepovers or parties and then when I'm under a blanket shaking and going "TELL ME WHAT'S HAPPENING BUT I CAN'T LOOK" and then need to leave a light on to go to bed, people get SO MAD at me even if I gave many many warnings and even if they bullied and berated me into watching

Anyway last night Pinecone was like "Ooh what if we watched Twin Peaks with dinner?" And I was like

Uh

No

And I was like "no you really do not understand" and then explained all the things, as usual, and he was still like nooo it'll be fiiiine, so against all my better instincts I agreed to watch Twin Peaks

And we watched 4 episodes and.. it was really good! And really scary! And I hid under a blanket for some of it and was like WHAT'S GOING ON WHAT DID SHE SEE and.. Pinecone didn't get mad at me at all?? And described what was going on onscreen and hugged me the whole time we were watching, and then when we went to bed and I jumped and screamed because I bumped into a table on the way he didn't get mad then either even tho I scared him ??? And then when our bedroom fan's horrible KACHUNK KACHUNK sound was freaking me out he went and got the other, quieter fan, and he also locked our bedroom door and snuggled (even tho he does not like sleep snuggling) and told me stuff about his childhood dog until I fell asleep

???????????

He was like "oh this is nbd, I'm just glad we get to experienxe this show I love together"

Do not watch the Conjuring movies or their spin-offs under any circumstances. :(

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

EVER

Uh

No

???????????

He was like "oh this is nbd, I'm just glad we get to experienxe this show I love together"

Do not watch the Conjuring movies or their spin-offs under any circumstances. :(

Don't worry I never would

• Options
    Me after playing Warhammer on a standard living room table yesterday.

• Options
    List of mistakes "horror" movies I have seen

1. The Exorcist
    2. Some of The Mummy
    3. Uhh some movie about a lady who winds up in a town run by the devil also it has dakota fanning in it??
    4. The Others (actually love this movie)
    5. Like half an hour of The Last Exorcist

That is p much all

Every one on there except The Others were things i was bullied into watching (The Others we had to watch in a class)

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I would qualify required readings as bullying.

• Options

Well I actually really liked it but yeah

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

Would you bully your students if you had any

sig.gif
  • Options
    Every one on there except The Others were things i was bullied into watching (The Others we had to watch in a class)

Is it gory stuff or spoopy stuff? I'm really not a fan of gory horror movies myself. And I rather like movies that aren't billed as horror movies but are generally unsettling.

It Follows is one I recommend every now and then. It's firmly in the spoopy category.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    i can't use a name someone else has already used in PoE, mmo style?

oh lord

• Options

Is it gory stuff or spoopy stuff? I'm really not a fan of gory horror movies myself. And I rather like movies that aren't billed as horror movies but are generally unsettling.

It Follows is one I recommend every now and then. It's firmly in the spoopy category.

It's both

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

Dude she was scared by the mummy

It's a Brendan Fraser movie

sig.gif
  • Options
    desc wrote: »

oh lord

I'm pretty tired of games with primitive ancient naming systems.

• Options
    Dude she was scared by the mummy

It's a Brendan Fraser movie

Ah yes, the one with several body horror scenes.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

This post is required reading

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

1. The Exorcist
    2. Some of The Mummy
    3. Uhh some movie about a lady who winds up in a town run by the devil also it has dakota fanning in it??

That is p much all

Wait, the Brendan Frasier mummy movies are outside your range?

That sucks.

But i'm glad Pinecone is cool about it!

Do you think there's a reason for that?

*puts on their psychoanalyst conical hat and sequined robe*

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    does anyone here know anything about electricity? Sixwife asked me to help figure out a solar pa el setup for her chicken coop that can power a light and water heater.

I did some reading and it seems like I need solar panels and a regulator kit of some kind, a battery to store the power, and an outlet connected to the battery. Then I could put the light and water heater on timers I think.

What I don't really know is how to size all this and also what's likely to go wrong. I don't want to burn down the chicken coop or electrocute myself probably.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    0h5XTMxh.jpg
    That cat is going to kill you

• Options

1. The Exorcist
    2. Some of The Mummy

That is p much all

That sucks.

s1q0zi0yf872.jpg

• Options

oh lord

I'm pretty tired of games with primitive ancient naming systems.

my name has an underscore in it

oh there's people in this little town though?

I played this once a million years ago and don't really remember

but now I am on a hack and slash kick

i'm playing the thief guy? I can't customize my appearance though?

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    0h5XTMxh.jpg

That cat looks like it's purring like mad.

*cat owner*

• Options
    Oh wait I forgot, I saw the original Evil Dead, but I purposefully watched it at like 11am and brought my most tolerant-of-my-issues friend over to baby me through, still didn't sleep well for like a week tho

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Oh wait I forgot, I saw the original Evil Dead, but I purposefully watched it at like 11am and brought my most tolerant-of-my-issues friend over to baby me through, still didn't sleep well for like a week tho

The original or the remake?

Although, both are pretty nightmarish.

• Options
    my name has an underscore in it

Yeah, I can't be seen associating with you.
    i'm playing the thief guy? I can't customize my appearance though?

Nope, you're playing actual nameless characters with a backstory, that's what they look like. Only customization is via equipment.

• Options
    hmm can i dual wield if i'm a thief?

I can!

chop chop

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    0h5XTMxh.jpg

man

this is the life right here

• Options

I can!

chop chop

PoE is that kind of game where I get massively overwhelmed, so I just find a couple of skills/spells I like and google up some build that uses them.

• Options
    you're playing actual nameless characters with a backstory, that's what they look like

i'm calling the ACLU immediately re: my civil rights what the fuck

• Options

1. The Exorcist
    2. Some of The Mummy

That is p much all

That sucks.

Maybe he views it like aftercare for a bdsm experience or something? Idk and idc it's just sooooo nice of him q-q

• Options

I can!

chop chop

PoE is that kind of game where I get massively overwhelmed, so I just find a couple of skills/spells I like and google up some build that uses them.

Can I be a mega weeb samurai type? I want a katana and I want to click the mouse to chop guys in half.

• Options
    Maybe he views it like aftercare for a bdsm experience or something? Idk and idc it's just sooooo nice of him q-q

Today's random brain association.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyP4pgxaL9w

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

I can!

chop chop

I got super into PoE when it released right up until the citadel building stuff and I ran back to Rocket League because I felt like o had no idea what I should be focusing on

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options

Today's random brain association.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyP4pgxaL9w

I need an adult.

This discussion has been closed.