As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Colorless - Finale: A Full Palette

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »

What did GG do?
    I voted for him to try and get a rise out of him,and that didn't happen.

he's alabamian, he's waiting for the south to rise again!

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    wait, no, you made the vote count! that's unsuspicious again, since you're not MrBlarney.
    i should have taken a moment to think, and voted for the less lazy option,
    Grunt's Ghosts and Goblins

What did GG do?
    But that's just terribly disappointing, not suspect.

bah, fine, i'll stop slacking off and actually do some vote analysis.
    i picked a name off the early 2-votes-group that didn't get followed up on.
    H3K was my first pick, but then i realized H3K did the vote count, which is inherently sort of less-suspicious
    when we have no solid evidence of anything.

second vote moved GG up to two votes, nobody else piled on after that, instead it shifted away.
    i'm sort of suspicious of Jpants for moving the vote onto H3K, but it was fairly early.
    if there was a mafia member in that early cluster of tied votes, which there probably was statistically,
    it behooves the mafia to make the breakaway vote a choice between two villagers.

the current most suspicious is LostNinja, who
    a: advocated for leaving the vote tied, which with that many targets is madness, and leaves it very vulnerable to manipulation, and also
    b: moved the vote onto Brody, a villager.

there is no concrete or good evidence for any of these three to be mafia, but the solidest leads are currently, in order:
    LostNinja
    Jpants
    Grunt's Ghosts

all of these could be villagers with odd luck or bad ideas or whatever.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    usually i just "sleep" through the first few days and pretend to not do this
    or actually sleep through the first few days and do no analysis, then blast "the eye of the tiger" on day four and vanillager reveal
    or be mafia and not do this at all

but it's been so long!

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    So, any guesses as to what the dead's coloring means?

Was Brody a special of some kind?
    Preda was white, which would indicate colorless-ness, but narration seems to suggest that he was a villager.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I think the color you signed up with is basically the "villager" color in this game .

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    wait, no, you made the vote count! that's unsuspicious again, since you're not MrBlarney.

What did GG do?

Read like two post above. It was some loose idea that I am racist because Black and Alabama.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

What did GG do?

Read like two post above. It was some loose idea that I am racist because Black and Alabama.

Different birbs though

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

What did GG do?

bah, fine, i'll stop slacking off and actually do some vote analysis.
    i picked a name off the early 2-votes-group that didn't get followed up on.
    H3K was my first pick, but then i realized H3K did the vote count, which is inherently sort of less-suspicious
    when we have no solid evidence of anything.

second vote moved GG up to two votes, nobody else piled on after that, instead it shifted away.
    i'm sort of suspicious of Jpants for moving the vote onto H3K, but it was fairly early.
    if there was a mafia member in that early cluster of tied votes, which there probably was statistically,
    it behooves the mafia to make the breakaway vote a choice between two villagers.

the current most suspicious is LostNinja, who
    a: advocated for leaving the vote tied, which with that many targets is madness, and leaves it very vulnerable to manipulation, and also
    b: moved the vote onto Brody, a villager

there is no concrete or good evidence for any of these three to be mafia, but the solidest leads are currently, in order:
    LostNinja
    Jpants
    Grunt's Ghosts

all of these could be villagers with odd luck or bad ideas or whatever.

You do get that "a" was a joke right? That's why it was immediately followed up with "b" (those posts were less than a minute apart). And how is "b" suspicious given your reasoning for "a" being bad?

• Options
    Someone always has to break the day 1 2-vote tie.
    I'm going to throw up Jpants for inactivity. If only to wake him up.

• Options
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »
    I think the color you signed up with is basically the "villager" color in this game .

Allright, that makes sense for Brody, but Preda signed up in blue. I erroneously assumed his name was in white, but that's cause I was on my phone at the time. Now that I'm on the desktop, I see his name is colorless (i.e. black on desktop, white on mobile).

I suppose that's to indicate that the color was sapped from him, that is, he was the mafia kill. Nice touch!

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Why are you tagging me?

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Good question.
    You voted yesterday apparently, unlike Jpants.
    I blame everyone but myself as obviously my sources failed to read the thread thoroughly.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I really want to vote Lucedes, because I've never seen you do vote analysis or vanillager reveal, but I don't want to encourage inactiving.

I think its possible that there are less kills/no SK because this is a smaller than normal game.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I like the early on analysis. Feels like it adds more to the conversation rather than us just twiddling our thumbs day 1 and 2 waiting for something to go down.

I also want to drop a vote on JPants if only because I still feel a little guilt in voting someone out early in the first game in such a long time. Last day for that though, I'm not going to feel bad once we hit day 3.

• Options
    Can't edit, but should have added "for being inactive at the moment" to that second sentence.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I like the early on analysis. Feels like it adds more to the conversation rather than us just twiddling our thumbs day 1 and 2 waiting for something to go down.

I also want to drop a vote on JPants if only because I still feel a little guilt in voting someone out early in the first game in such a long time. Last day for that though, I'm not going to feel bad once we hit day 3.

She doesn't even vote for who she says is most suspicious though. Suspicious.
    I think we've all learned an important lesson about suspicious:
    Its fun to say suspicious.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I'm ok with the !JPants vote. Inactivity after such a long period between phallas is definitely suspicious. I usually lay low the first few days when I'm Mafia as well, 'cause you certainly don't want to gimp your group early on by getting voted off randomly because someone decided to latch on to a goofy comment you made on day 1.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Good question.
    I blame everyone but myself as obviously my sources failed to read the thread thoroughly.

Jpants voted for knuckles

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    After re-reading the thread, I'm retracting my vote for !JPants[color] and voting !discrider

Way too quick to throw people under the bus and you were wrong twice. I took you at your word regarding inactivity and was wrong to do so. Inattention + sowing confusion gets you the rod!

• Options
    bbcode fail :? but I can't edit a vote post

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Because of phalla, I might be currently obsessed with playing disgea - instead of playing phalla.

@38thDoe Thankyou for introducing me to this crack by running prinny themed games :p

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Dood!

• Options
    corvidae wrote: »

What did GG do?

I'm also from Alabama (though not currently living there)

corvidae!

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Discrider's end of the day vote sounds an awful lot like something I'd do/say if I was trying to look innocent.

Also where's our vig? Did he try and attack whoever the guard was guarding? Are there more powers here than meets the eye? I know this was labeled as mostly vanilla compared to other games, but it's also Blarney. Not sure where this falls.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »

What did GG do?

corvidae!

What part?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Discrider's end of the day vote sounds an awful lot like something I'd do/say if I was trying to look innocent.

Also where's our vig? Did he try and attack whoever the guard was guarding? Are there more powers here than meets the eye? I know this was labeled as mostly vanilla compared to other games, but it's also Blarney. Not sure where this falls.

It should be borne in mind that discrider (and I believe Lucedes) is from the southern hemisphere.

• Options
    Because of phalla, I might be currently obsessed with playing disgea - instead of playing phalla.

@38thDoe Thankyou for introducing me to this crack by running prinny themed games :p

Glad I could help. I try to only run games on media that I'd recommend. Which game are you playing?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Oh, and a note for @Zombie Hero : 3rd-ever win at Ghost Stories week before last, on a player's first time playing, with White Moon in play!

• Options

What did GG do?

corvidae!

What part?

Anniston and Birmingham

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Glad I could help. I try to only run games on media that I'd recommend. Which game are you playing?

Disgea 5 - using Nintendo switch

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Cythraul wrote: »

It should be borne in mind that discrider (and I believe Lucedes) is from the southern hemisphere.

So I should trust him less?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Someone always has to break the day 1 2-vote tie.
    I'm going to throw up Jpants for inactivity. If only to wake him up.

Thanks for the tag! I did totally forget Phalla was back after voting yesterday.
    Good question.

I voted for H3Knuckles.

I'll have a vote up later once I look back at how yesterday's votes shook out. It's only day 2 so still not much to go on, though getting the first 3 votes today, and each of them seeming to use the same bad info (that I didn't vote) does feel like there *might* be something there (like bad info on the mafia board). Though probably not unless Romantic Undead is new to phalla. I could see a rookie making the mistake of dog-piling too hard and then switching votes when the rest of the mafia pointed it out to them.

JPants on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Rereading RU's post it doesn't look like they are a noob so that just leaves "mafia thought i was inactive and they all used that as cover to vote me".

If nothing better jumps out at me i'll probably drop a vote on one of them. Or will try to get a second one of them in the running. Always fun to pit 2 suspects against each other.

• Options

What did GG do?

corvidae!

What part?

Anniston and Birmingham

Montgomery and Troy. Everyone I talk to in this forum that is from Alabama is from your neck of the woods.

• Options
    I went to Troy for my undergrad :D

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Rereading RU's post it doesn't look like they are a noob so that just leaves "mafia thought i was inactive and they all used that as cover to vote me".

If nothing better jumps out at me i'll probably drop a vote on one of them. Or will try to get a second one of them in the running. Always fun to pit 2 suspects against each other.

Romantic Undead is definitely not new to phalla.

• Options
    JPants wrote: »

Romantic Undead is definitely not new to phalla.

I have just been... away...

• Options
    and now you're back to claim your throne!?!?!?

I honestly don't know the answer to this. This person is a complete unknown to me. I have NO PRIOR DATA TO BASE ASSUMPTIONS OFF OF!

• Options
    which clearly means you're mafia.