As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Somewhere, in Chaldea, this could all be happening right now

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    God damn it, I gave into temptation and whaled a bit for Tamamo.

Got her on the last ten roll before I hit my set limit; I feel like there should be a German word for this combination of relief tinged happiness and despair.

This was me with Gilgamesh, my VERY last pull before I ran out of the quartz I bought got him for me

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Looking back, I got stupidly lucky with Orion and kinda lucky with Gilgamesh.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    stop saying these things, you're making me want to pull out my wallet and summon

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Question: How long until we get more Heart of the Foreign God?

Altera to max too my remaining stock. I need them for, in varying order of importance: Tamamo, Orion/Artemis, Gilgamesh, and Emiya.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I spent 5 or 6 golden apples running the 40 AP quest and had a grand total of about 5 or 6 pumpkins from all of that. I even leveled up once in the middle.

This shit is ridiculous.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options

Altera to max too my remaining stock. I need them for, in varying order of importance: Tamamo, Orion/Artemis, Gilgamesh, and Emiya.

10 will be available from the GudaGuda Honnouji event shop, which should be here around late November

• Options
    Man, looks like I'm waiting on GudaGuda to max 3-4 of my servants.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

You can always just farm 40AP Caster Daily for that small chance of a Demon spawning and then dropping a heart, but that's mostly just depressing.

But yeah, it's GUDAGUDA. So probably in a month or so, if I'd have to bet.

• Options
    BugBoy: "Altera is... not great."

Me: FUCK YOU.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    This whole game is terrible and my brother's enjoyment of it baffles me

• Options
    stop saying these things, you're making me want to pull out my wallet and summon

Don't do, I was profoundly foolish to do so

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Altera is wonderful for farming basically anything.

I just need a good single target servant. I have so many good AoE ones...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I have promised myself to not spend any money on FGO.

Until London drops at least.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Altera is wonderful for farming basically anything.

I just need a good single target servant. I have so many good AoE ones...

Caesar's basically the only single-target Saber for the foreseeable future unless you get really lucky in the GUDAGUDA gacha and roll 5* Okita Souji. He's pretty good at that role, though, like 3*s have a tendency to do - you probably have him at a somewhat high NP level, which pushes his damage up above others. Just don't expect him to do all that much damage outside of an NP turn.

If you desperately need a single-target servant that's effective against anything, though, maybe consider raising a Lu Bu? He's a pretty good budget Herc, although you'll have to plan around his demerit effects. He needs talons to ascend, but otherwise no super-rare items.

Also, of course, against Sabers or Berserkers there's little that can beat Robin Hood for doing ridiculous NP damage. I'm regularly pulling out 160k+ with a level 50 Robin in the event. (Past level 50 he needs Serpent Jewels, which I had better uses for.)
    Euryale pulls out similar damage but only towards [Male] enemies, which should be obvious for most Servants of those classes (except D'eon, who has no defined gender in-game). For monsters I think the only male ones are the ones that are obviously so - werewolves, goblins, soldiers, etc. She's not very useful against Chimerae.

• Options
    I don't desperately need a single-target yet... it would just be nice to have.

Finished getting all the CEs worth buying, all pumpkin stuff except berserker crap, so need to farm shitloads of bats for saber stuff and candy next.

• Options
    I'm still a little annoyed that I haven't drawn a single Euryale

She's one of the best answers to one of the more difficult story fights later on

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    So the two Halloween CEs supposedly drop from some of the repeatable quests, right? Because I bought them all and realized I still need more copies to finish them off. After feeding them away already because I assumed I'd be able to buy enough to max them both out...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Yes. They do drop

Rates are supposed to be low, but apparently there's a guerilla quest with Atalante where you can just exit the game and reenter until you get the drop

• Options
    It's the party quest after the current one, and the one after that, but note that they only drop Halloween Princess. Which is probably the best CE on offer in the event, all said.

If you want to grind Halloween Princess you can also take your chances at 30AP Vlad, and you can get copies of Maid in Halloween from 40AP Tamamo Cat. Both have pretty low drop rates - I'd recommend just focusing on Halloween Princess, since limit breaking it gets you up to a base 50% NP (enough for Support Waver to bring you to 100%, for instance).

• Options
    I'm so behind, started a few days late

Just finished getting all of the Elizabeths and ascension mats, now I need to farm CEs

Definitely want a maxed out Halloween Princess, since with Waver that 50% is enough for a first turn NP

• Options
    Remember to grab the Crystallized Lore!

• Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    I've actually gotten two Maid in Halloweens to drop from the guerrilla quests. (Er, I think that's what people are calling them, but I don't know why.) Which probably means there's no chance of getting a Halloween Princess to drop, I've used all my luck now. :P

• Options
    I got a Maid in Halloween from the story Tamamo Cat fight! I didn't get one from the rest of the 30AP pumpkin grinding!

• Options
    so, uh

apparently the final stage of Chevalier D'eon's interlude has a boss with 900,000 HP?

why?

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    so, uh

apparently the final stage of Chevalier D'eon's interlude has a boss with 900,000 HP?

why?

Yeah, I remember getting that rude surprise, myself.
    The trick is that it's surprisingly susceptible to being insta-killed.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Just finished getting all of the Elizabeths and ascension mats, now I need to farm CEs

Definitely want a maxed out Halloween Princess, since with Waver that 50% is enough for a first turn NP

How do you get so many bats? I just need to farm cake and bats now to get the last liz and sparkle candies. i presume there's no way to get more candies outside of Halloween.

• Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    so, uh

why?
    Ahh yes, THAT'S the other time I had to use my command seals to revive. I had forgotten what it was. (The first one being the insane 3rd-round 9-servant bout at the end of Nero Fest.)

That's definitely one of the times and places for Jeanne.
    Maddoc wrote: »

How do you get so many bats? I just need to farm cake and bats now to get the last liz and sparkle candies. i presume there's no way to get more candies outside of Halloween.
    You want to equip as many of the "Maid in Halloween" CEs as you can and farm the 30 AP event quest. I believe you also get a good number of bats from the "party" event quests.

Like this. :lol:
    lq5zSUz.jpg

Stasis on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I thought that the worst thing was summoning and getting a craft essence, but I think the actual worst thing is seeing a silver caster card come up and hoping against hope it'll suddenly turn into a gold tamamo

Alas, Mephistopheles

BugBoy on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    was skimming through previous chapters and oh yeah

the only humans still alive are all at chaldea. everyone else kinda got incinerated in the prologue

• Options
    Zandracon wrote: »

the only humans still alive are all at chaldea. everyone else kinda got incinerated in the prologue

There's also AIs acting as idols on the internet thanks to the Dr...

• Options

Don't forget Olga Marie

Dying on a cellular level for all eternity

Nobody ever praised her

(Olga Psudeoservant when?)

• Options

Don't forget Olga Marie

Dying on a cellular level for all eternity

Nobody ever praised her

(Olga Psudeoservant when?)

Seriously, that was really dark.

• Options
    I agree

The thought of nobody ever praising Olga

That is seriously grim

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Apparently she's still alive and kicking in one of the creator's universe or something

• Options
    Olga's in El-Melloi II Case Files, yeah, which is set a bit before Fate/Stay Night (and hence ten-ish years after Fate/Zero). And, incidentally, in 2004ish - so she's a small kid.

Chaldea isn't really a thing there and neither is the incineration of human history. IIRC one of the big diverging points (beyond the Fuyuki Hoky Grail War being completely different as is the case for all spinoffs) is that Leff committed suicide in a short story in one of his saner moments? Flauros wasn't in control, basically.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Stasis wrote: »
    so, uh

why?
    Ahh yes, THAT'S the other time I had to use my command seals to revive. I had forgotten what it was. (The first one being the insane 3rd-round 9-servant bout at the end of Nero Fest.)

That's definitely one of the times and places for Jeanne.
    FWIW, it's still a low level enemy and thus hits like a wet noodle.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Peas wrote: »
    Apparently she's still alive and kicking in one of the creator's universe or something

well, she's alive in Learn More with Manga's Riyoverse

which is honestly probably a crueler fate than what she gets in canon

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I found Fate/Extella on Steam and now wonder if a Fate musou is something I need.

• Options
    What's your tolerance for Nero

Because I'm told it's very Nero heavy

@BugBoy has played it, he can tell you more probably

• Options
    Nero's the main protagonist but not the only protagonist, yeah.

This discussion has been closed.