Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Penny Arcade - Comic - That Which Can Eternal Roast

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 5 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - That Which Can Eternal Roast

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on
Skull2185Andy JoedennisTofystedethDarth WaiterNightslyrKamarjoshofalltradescB557zepherinsilence1186QuidTheBlackWinddougiewatkins

• rcattrcatt Registered User regular
    I'm glad you decided to pull the trigger on this.
    Great stuff.

zepherindougiewatkins
  • Skull2185Skull2185 You smiled... Your first smile. You like this place.Registered User regular
    Everroast Chicken is effing delicious, though! If someone told me the chicken on my sandwich rose and defeated satan, I would believe it. Something that yummy has to be capable of defeating the dark lord.

zepherindougiewatkins
  • KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    Satanic cold cuts cannot be so easily vanquished

latest?cb=20081027012207

mare_imbriumfurlionzepherinani_game_bumKoopahTroopahJusticeforPlutoDarkewolfeTheBlackWind
  • TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    All three panels made me laugh!

zepherin
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    Between the comic text, the art and the title of this strip, they really knocked it out of the park.

• RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    I love it when abuse of the English language pushes Tycho over the edge.

Tofystedethjoshofalltradesdougiewatkins
  • SabreMauSabreMau 두둠칫 映画館Registered User regular
    Are you gonna put that chicken on a sandwich?
    Sure. Every Sunday with a tiny cup of grape juice.

556p933.jpg
    TofystedethzepherindennisKayne Red Robe
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades This is the water, and this is the well Drink full, and descendRegistered User regular
    Matthew 7:26-27

26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his sandwich on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that hoagie, and it fell with a wet thwack.”

The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within.
  • InvaderZimInvaderZim Registered User new member
    Gabe's earnest smile! The shards of glass in Tycho's hair! I'm giddy with laughter.

• lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Word play with Tycho is a fun time.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I mean, they named the company after a cloven hoof. Not exactly being subtle about their Founder.

Nobeard wrote: »
    You can even mount some non-animals...

Steam:MichaelLC
  • Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    This was not the comic I was expecting based on the front page preview. It was still terrific.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I think I must be missing some context. What does Tycho have against chicken, or this particular brand of it?

steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
  • RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    edited July 6
    I think I must be missing some context. What does Tycho have against chicken, or this particular brand of it?

Tycho has....problems with the way others use the English language
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/02/04

Rottonapple on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    Yea, word choice is very important to him.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/01/24/sagacity

kagg_banner.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Ah, okay, word crimes. I get that.
    I thought maybe he had some special, particular hate for chicken.

steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    Ah, okay, word crimes. I get that.

Well, now you've made it obligatory.

Commander Zoom
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/07/14/winston-smith

He did get broken at one point, I guess he got better.

Shameless Link whoring updated Fridays starting 1/26/17
    http://exterminatorsassistant.blogspot.com/
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    So, in the context of the commercial, does it imply that the chicken is in a state of perpetual roasting like Tycho is having a breakdown over? Or is it just saying that said chicken has been roasted and will remain so. I mean, thats technically true, even if it's not really something you vitally need to add to a marketing campaign.

Out of curiosity, I looked it up, and yeah, that is WAY too fancy a name for something that appears to just be some kind of reconstituted chicken loaf. Even regular, non-food crime chicken is too pedestrian for that name.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    First thing I thought of was Poyo- from the Chew comics.
    BtaiZc5CUAA2Dz5.jpg

• ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    Every time there's a strip where Tycho does a rant about word use, there's a tiny swell of joy in me that I do not have adequate words to describe. Ironic, isn't it?

TofystedethjoshofalltradescB557
  • GundamZphyr7GundamZphyr7 Registered User regular
    Definitely one of the most well-written comics as of late.

Effin' hilarious.

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    So, after listening to them say "everroast" repeatedly on the podcast, I came to an understanding. The word is a pun on Everest. As in the the highest peak in roasted chicken. Mike and Jerry only seem to focus on the roasting forever meaning. Which is probably more funny.