As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad Food Thread] How To Cook Durian For Forty Humans

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    i'm guessing it was just a process of putting things in your mouth if they didn't smell too bad and waiting to see if there were any ill effects

Sounds like my early twenties.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Best pepperoni are the little ones and curl up in the oven slightly

I like it when it does that and gets the cheese a nice toast
    Alas it's rare

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    There's a lot of foods that make me wonder how people decided to eat them

Who was the first guy who was like "Hey this stuff that comes out of the cow seems tasty. Like, the calves like it!"

I think the logical conclusion was "oh we drink human breast milk, why not cow tit milk?"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm so hungry for pizza

I actually don't live that far from this old Forge place

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Who was the first guy who was like "Hey this stuff that comes out of the cow seems tasty. Like, the calves like it!"

I think the logical conclusion was "oh we drink human breast milk, why not cow tit milk?"

Something along the lines of "Hey we ain't got shit else to eat or drink out here on these dry fucking steppes on account of don't shit but scrubgrass grow out here, so it's fucking cow tit juice or nothing oh and also when it goes off just let it sit a while, I promise it'll come 'round again and actually taste pretty good."

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

Something along the lines of "Hey we ain't got shit else to eat or drink out here on these dry fucking steppes on account of don't shit but scrubgrass grow out here, so it's fucking cow tit juice or nothing oh and also when it goes off just let it sit a while, I promise it'll come 'round again and actually taste pretty good."

"What about if I vigorously jack off this stick into the barrel full of milk?"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

"What about if I vigorously jack off this stick into the barrel full of milk?"

Does a location exist in which a man will not jack off his stick? Is that what they call a "null set" in math?

• Options
    But what if a woman jacks the stick

• Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    then it's butter as usual

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Every time this thread talks about pizza I want to order pizza.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm still not entirely convinced that people actually like blue cheese

Like it's some kind of ironic appreciation that went too far

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

You're not looking very hard then

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

I never do anything ironically

Give me all the blue cheese

Blacksticks blue, cambozola, all of it

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

I am not a fan of the blue cheese but it's great when we have dinner party with it.

My friends all fill up on that stuff and I'm just there, gorging myself on better cheese. Like boursin or applewood smoked cheddar. Or actual cheddar

• Options
    Also give me the boursin and applewood smoked cheddar

And the camembert

And the goat cheese log

Cheddar I can take or leave unless it's flavoured with interesting things

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    It's funny, it's only pretty recently that I've accepted that "intentionally moldy cheese" might be good? I think it's been a mental block more than anything.

That being said, I don't think I can bring myself to like....savor a particularly BLUE piece of gorgonzola/blue cheese. But if I'm eating it with something else and don't think about it too hard, I enjoy it! :P

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    extra mature cheddar is amazing.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    My local 7-Eleven has started stocking a bunch of European chocolate bars, including Flake and a huge selection of Kinder products. If I was heading home I would have grabbed a Flake to throw in the fridge.

• Options
    I mean, I was joking, because I can understand that people like things I don't like.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    i'm sure that pizza is pretty tasty but it is visually unappealing as fuck

prompt: what is the ugliest tastiest food you guys have eaten

Canadian S.O.S.

Seriously, this stuff looks like mucus but it tastes so good.

3475d391b4f36a8ccd10489de5da84aa.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Can no longer find Little Debbie brownies with the normal nuts toppings. Stores only seem to have ones with the candied chocolate topping. Actually there doesn't seem to be any other brand of cheap packaged brownies anymore aside from these Little Debbies, at least in my area.

• Options
    I probably wouldn't have picked mucus to describe that.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Welp. Guess I'm not eating anything today.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I like to eat Kraft dinner with hotdogs and ketchup in and it looks like a Chuck-E-Cheese toilet exploded and I would never show anyone a picture of it unless I didn't like them very much

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Shit on a Shingle is an excellent example of looking horrible and tasting great. At best it looks depressing, at worst it looks positively vile.

• Options
    That's... quite a name.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    properly made sos is a culinary delight

gotta remember to add a couple splashes of worchestershire sauce (or however it's spelled) and a pinch of cayenne and nutmeg. Slop it over homefries with onion and you're in for a treat!

bonus points for a couple dippy eggs laid on top

• Options
    I mean, I was joking, because I can understand that people like things I don't like.

My bad - not seeing the opinions of others as making sense is a normal human thing to do

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    That's... quite a name.
    My understanding is it's a military name for the dish.
    Most people would call it "Chipped beef on toast", which is no where near as evocative.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    That's... quite a name.
    Most people would call it "Chipped beef on toast", which is no where near as evocative.

Yup, you can thank the US Army for that one.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    That's... quite a name.

Yup, you can thank the US Army for that one.

The British Navy in the 1870s called the mutton steak rations they received "Sweet Fanny Adams" after a murder victim.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    My local 7-Eleven has started stocking a bunch of European chocolate bars, including Flake and a huge selection of Kinder products. If I was heading home I would have grabbed a Flake to throw in the fridge.

I think you mean "several Flakes".

• Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    i'm guessing it was just a process of putting things in your mouth if they didn't smell too bad and waiting to see if there were any ill effects

It's stuff like cassava that gets me. Eat it and get cyanide poisoning unless you mash it and soak it in a net in a river for three days after which it's fine. Who finds out that that works?!

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    The worst-looking food I eat on the regular is a slow-cooker curried lentils and chicken recipe I have. It's savory and warming and sticks to your ribs without slowing you down, and it looks like some kind of dystopian recycled food slime they feed to prisoners in Mega City One. And that's if you use red lentils. If you use brown lentils, it looks like straight up chunky runny poop, to the point that my wife can't eat it. So far I've been too scared to try it with green lentils.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Pizza thread, what's your favourite alternative pizza base for home made pizzas

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Like instead of sauce?

Pesto is the best-o, or just some olive oil for an arugula & prosciutto pie.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Olive oil and garlic!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Pizza thread, what's your favourite alternative pizza base for home made pizzas

white sauce is good for a seafood pizza.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh whoops sorry, I meant for the dough

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I got flour tortillas in a cast iron pan for bar pizza, and that's about it. I haven't really heard of any other alternative crusts, but I'd be interested to hear about it. I got a nephew with celiac, and according to my sister most gluten-free crusts are pretty grim.

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.