As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad Food Thread] How To Cook Durian For Forty Humans

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I thought we switched roles with the Nintendo thread.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    From the last page, the trick to camping with instant ramen was to open the package carefully, rip open the flavor packet, toss it in with the ramen in the package, shake it up a bit and then add like and 1/8 cup of water.

Shake it up, and the water would be enough to loosen the spiky cracker, but also be absorbed and leave next to no mess out of the package as you ate it like a bar.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    I've eaten wet cat food from the tin, and then a heaped tablespoon of instant coffee. Both as dares, and yes, both whilst drunk.

From what I recall the cat food was ok and the coffee was far far worse.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I swallowed a bunch of Putt Putt tokens one time because I was short changed and the worker behind the counter refused to believe me, even though I had a receipt, and counted the coins in front of her.

I think I said something like, "Now no one gets these." and then I left.

If anyone on the forums is sensing a trend about younger me, you are absolutely correct in that I was stupid, did not handle my anger particularly eloquently, and that I did not have a good center.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Ashaman42 wrote: »
    I've eaten wet cat food from the tin, and then a heaped tablespoon of instant coffee. Both as dares, and yes, both whilst drunk.

From what I recall the cat food was ok and the coffee was far far worse.

A tablespoon of instant coffee would be A LOT worse than wet cat food -- and that's not saying wet cat food is good! But dry instant coffee? Yeugh, I can feel the skin sloughing off my mouth just thinking about it.

• Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Also coffee is the worst in general anyway.

Both the same night actually and I wish the cat food bet had been the latter one.

Ashaman42 on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    How much worse is instant coffee than chocolate covered coffee beans? Because I was a fiend for chocolate covered coffee beans in high school. I have done the Donald O'Connor running up a wall into a backflip trick precisely once, and it was because I was seventeen and on the outside of like half a pound of chocolate covered coffee beans in the middle of the night.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I went through a bean fiend phase. As an adult. Probably for the best that it's over.
    (Then again, when I was in college, I actually liked Mountain Dew.)

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    It'd be cheaper to just buy the top ramen itself.

As my friend used to say when eating dry ramen packets while camping "Top Ramen bars!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG9IHqwHYgI

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I wish I could say I've never eaten dog food but my mother has photo evidence to the contrary.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I don't understand why my local Chinese food place can't or won't make chicken rice soup.

You take rice and chicken and throw it into chicken broth.

You have rice.

You have chicken.

You have chicken broth.

Just make me a fucking chicken rice soup!!!!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I don't understand why my local Chinese food place can't or won't make chicken rice soup.

You take rice and chicken and throw it into chicken broth.

You have rice.

You have chicken.

You have chicken broth.

Just make me a fucking chicken rice soup!!!!

You could also try not to order off menu.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    They might not be set up to make that?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Why don't you just order the soup and rice separately and do it yourself?

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    it's not the same

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    May not be the same, but I do love me some chicken fried rice mixed with some eggdrop soup when I'm feeling a cold coming on.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    some Chinese joints will have sizzling rice soup which is basically what you're talking about

it is excellent

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    my dad gets sizzling rice soup sometimes, I've never tried it though. Is it a chicken soup-y sort of thing?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    8-)

eaheztzbsbfa.png

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

oh no

not like this

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    8-)

eaheztzbsbfa.png

How was it?

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    rhylith wrote: »
    How was it?

Oh, this was just a picture that showed up on my FB feed. I wouldn't dare put pineapple on Pringles.

..............on pizza, though?? Hell yes 8-)

NightDragon on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    :+1:

• Options
    Heathens

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    also that might actually taste good if it was like, a sliver of pineapple and not 1/4 of the god damned fruit

• Options
    Not to sound melodramatic, but not having chicken rice soup on your menu is a terrible sin, a violation of any good person's moral foundations.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    bowen wrote: »
    also that might actually taste good if it was like, a sliver of pineapple and not 1/4 of the god damned fruit

I'm...not sure...have you ever seen a pineapple? edit: Or are you referring to all of the pieces in aggregate?

Drez on
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

I'm...not sure...have you ever seen a pineapple?

yes I was joshing you all along

• Options
    I'm keeping a close eye on you pineapple people.

Watch your backs.

• Options
    I like thai fried rice which has pineapple in it, usually. It's good. Tastes like pineapple.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Not to sound melodramatic, but not having chicken rice soup on your menu is a terrible sin, a violation of any good person's moral foundations.

I'm not sure I've ever seen it on a menu

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    From the last page, the trick to camping with instant ramen was to open the package carefully, rip open the flavor packet, toss it in with the ramen in the package, shake it up a bit and then add like and 1/8 cup of water.

Shake it up, and the water would be enough to loosen the spiky cracker, but also be absorbed and leave next to no mess out of the package as you ate it like a bar.
    dry or fully cooked! (imo, the crunch is the best bit if you're not making soup.)

i'm tempted to revive a childhood snack and get some frozen waffles. similar to a frozen banana in texture, but waffley!
    ...look, i don't know, but i was all about it at age 5-6, and the more cold treats to weather summer, the better.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »

I'm not sure I've ever seen it on a menu

I don't think I have either but where I grew up every single Chinese restaurant would make it. These bastards are obviously agents of the Fallen One.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    8-)

eaheztzbsbfa.png

But is it a sandwich?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    You're a sandwich.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

These streaky rashers (American bacon) are the thickness of my pinky

• Options
    slab bacon is the best bacon

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    bacon, and pork in general, is greatly overrated

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    naw

the only issue is that thing where "BACON IN EVERYTHING! HERES BACON POWDER TO PUT ON MORE THINGS!" kind of got out of control

bacon itself is pretty great though

that's why blts are good

This discussion has been closed.