As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad Food Thread] How To Cook Durian For Forty Humans

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Ak7wEob.png

I sadly know this as the winter when the car was out and we had a ton of potatoes I saw why it was considered the poor man's food and why it could feed people
    Also the other day a remote island kept popping up in my youtube feed so instead of watching several hour videos I Wikipedia'd it
    Tristan Da Cunha
    They live mostly on fishing and farming their only crop is potatoes

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    I just recalled a time in my very early twenties when all we (me and a few roomies) could afford was potatoes and this weird fake sour cream spread that I can't recall the name of. Dark times.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    I noticed they now have cereal powder you can mix directly into milk now, three different kinds next to the hot chocolate. What have we become?

I know, just use the hot chocolate mix.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I noticed they now have cereal powder you can mix directly into milk now, three different kinds next to the hot chocolate. What have we become?

like... Froot Loops flavoured Nesquik?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just ate some Mystery Pizza that was in the fridge, from a lab lunch.

I don't know what was on it but it looked like avocado and ... burnt onion?

pretty much full of regret right now.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

like... Froot Loops flavoured Nesquik?

Cinnamon toast crunch, capn crunch peanut butter, and frosted flakes nesquk. ~.~

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Hmmmm

The words mystery, fridge, lab, looked, like, burnt, and regret seem like a bad thing

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Oh, man. I haven't eaten at KFC since I don't know when, but now I really want their mashed potatoes and gravy.

Also, I miss living somewhere I don't have to drive 45 minutes to get to a Bojangles.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Oh, man. I haven't eaten at KFC since I don't know when, but now I really want their mashed potatoes and gravy.

Also, I miss living somewhere I don't have to drive 45 minutes to get to a Bojangles.

I have multiple convenient Bojangles, but shit all for burger places. That one Steak and Shake was good but is half an hour away.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Wait

Frosted flakes flavoured milk?

I'm just curious enough to try.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Churches is a better chicken place here than KFC but it's ever so far away and lacking a car my options are limited
    Wait

Frosted flakes flavoured milk?

I'm just curious enough to try.

Those little lunch/sampler bowls/boxes would be great to try that with just mash up the cereal and mix it in with the milk
    I feel it will be no different than drinking the leftovers from having a bowl of cereal

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Anyone else remember the shelf-stable milk & cereal packs - Breakfast Mates?

It was a bowl/cup of cereal with a package of milk that didn't need to be refrigerated. Oh what a bright future we thought was ahead of us.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I got a "lemongrass drink" from an otherwise very good Thai restaurant here

Stuff was clear to the eye and tasted 100% exactly like Froot Loop milk. I shared it with everyone just to confirm that I wasn't crazy.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Froot loops and Trix cereal remind me of cardamom. Or vice versa.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Who has two thumbs and is going to eat a big handful of salt and vinegar potato chips? This girl, that's who!

I am not sure if you've ever had these, but if you haven't, you should fuckin' try 'em out yo.

50618422?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    although, one of the things is that you don't need to eat the eggs and bananas at the same time if you don't want to

Although a fried egg with a fried banana and a simple tomato and onion sauce is a surprisingly tasty meal. The original probably called for plantains, but eh, bananas are easier to find.

Also: banana fritters!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Lalabox wrote: »
    although, one of the things is that you don't need to eat the eggs and bananas at the same time if you don't want to

Although a fried egg with a fried banana and a simple tomato and onion sauce is a surprisingly tasty meal. The original probably called for plantains, but eh, bananas are easier to find.

Also: banana fritters!

I bet if you eat ‘em green enough, they’ll taste kinda like plantains anyway.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I guess, if you wanted to punish yourself for something.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    A1DEggQl.jpg?1

I went to the used bookstore in HK.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Would anyone care for some fish roll?

LY25lLIl.jpg
    TOO BAD, IT'S FOR ANN.
    IKS8w7el.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Fuck you, Ann. Gimme that fish roll.

• Options
    the fish roll just sounds kinda like gefilte fish.

Which I also do not like, but it doesn't sound weird.

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    "old fashioned veal cake"

Ann's fishroll is burying the lede, man.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Happy Birthday! I made you a cake!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Who has two thumbs and is going to eat a big handful of salt and vinegar potato chips? This girl, that's who!

I am not sure if you've ever had these, but if you haven't, you should fuckin' try 'em out yo.

50618422?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

I'm on board. I think I saw those at the grocery, actually! May have to get some next time I'm there

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Thank god. I was getting just about sick and tired of all these new-fangled veal cakes.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Man why would i want some nasty fish rolls when i have this huge glazed faux-carp, modeled out of pureed salmon?

kqXZJ8F.jpg

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    got any vegetarians coming over for diner? Surely they will appreciate this cunning jape:

7ktt5Qi.jpg

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Thank god. I was getting just about sick and tired of all these new-fangled veal cakes.

it is just a big veal burger in a cake mold too, i guess old fashioned cakes were just flour burgers

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    I prefer my salmon in aspic with a side of what is implied to be artichoke salad.

9RopesWl.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Oh christ, not this shit again

It's not bad food. It's heresy

• Options
    Also I legitimately want the recipe for that cabbage filled with meat salad.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    i tried but i cannot find the page where these affronts to gastronomie came from

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I feel like there's some Jesus level chef from like 1977 that made food palatable for humans and wiped out these abominations but he will never get credit

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Back home in Michigan there was a Popeyes on the way between the floor coverings shop my dad worked out of and our house. A lot of the time my dad would come home from a random job site somewhere around our county, but sometimes he'd end his day up at the shop and would grab Popeyes on the way home. I came to think of Popeyes as a special treat.

Now I have a Popeyes within walking distance of my apartment and I don't know what to do with it. It's probably good that my brain still thinks of it as a special food or I'd be eating far too much fried chicken.

I'm from the south so Popeyes was pretty common...but Moving to the north, and finding a local Popeyes is good....I honestly think people are getting to the point that they are afraid to use pepper in fast food...and people who hear that from me and then say 'you can just use the pepper shaker once you have your food'...i just wanna scream. raw pepper on food <> cooking with pepper on the food.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options

Thats not cereal powder...thats raw colored sugar.

• Options

I love avacado but i dont think it belongs on pizza. Burnt onions however, I love me some crispy onions.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Those pictures of 70s foods always make me sick to my stomach. They just look and sound so gross.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Everyone of those pictures triggers an image of a Sim wearing a lopsided chef’s hat holding a rolling pin in its left hand and an upside down pepper grinder in its right with a thought bubble over its head that says “How to mine for flavor?”

sarukun on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

I love avacado but i dont think it belongs on pizza. Burnt onions however, I love me some crispy onions.

I had a white pizza that had avoacdo on it and it was ace. Not sure it would work on a normal pizza though

This discussion has been closed.